AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

My crazy list to get beaten up by the new elves. No monsters.

Quick lore- super old Strigoi King and Queen (Archregents) with failing delusion (probably due to the rise of the Lumineath realm lords).  As their subjects delusions waver and they can see there macabre surrounds and feel the changes there body has been through, causes madness and they mutilate and gouge their eyes out (everyone except the Archregents have there eyes drilled out). 

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts -

Mortal Realm: Hysh -

Grand Court: Hollowmourne

LEADERS

Abhorrant Archregent (240) - Lore of Madness : Deranged Transformation

Abhorrant Archregent (240) - Artefact : Blade of Symmetry - Lore of Madness : Blood Feast

Crypt Haunter Courtier (120)

Varghulf Courtier (160) - General - Command Trait : Grave Robber - Artefact : Corpsefane Gauntlet

UNITS 9 x Crypt Horrors (390)

6 x Crypt Horrors (260)

40 x Crypt Ghouls (360)

BATTALIONS Attendants at Court (110)

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS

Extra Command Point (50)

Chalice of Ushoran (50)

TOTAL: 1980/2000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 2 WOUNDS: 128

Will swap 2nd artifact between Blade of symmetry for D2 Archregent or Dermal Robe for +1 cast/unbind. Deranged transformation for movement bonus on horrors and Bloodfeast on the aggressive Archregent.   

General lore wise is Varghulf as he was the general of their armies before the madness, crunch wise he can pick and choose his targets easier to make use of the hollowmourne Trait and artifact (+1 attack and damage near hero with artifact and D3 mortals on +2 when you charge, Hollowmourne allows him to reroll 1's to wound on charge as well). Pretty scary if he can get all his buffs on the right target. He will mostly suicide into something big with an artifact and frenzy. 

Probably summon 2x ghouls most games to help with numbers and objectives but will be fun to throw 3 varghulfs at things sometimes. Will play fairly conservative with the bulk of the army and try not to over extend. Attendants at the court will allow the horrors to still get buffs if they get dragged out of range of Archregents if there is opportunities to alpha strike with deranged transformation.

Will die to ranged armies that use screens well, but I'm keen on it and have some extensive conversions in the process. 

On 3/30/2020 at 2:55 AM, Charleston said:

Hi Guys,

I recently got an FEC Army that I want to paint up soon. I love the Lore and like the models, yet I couldn´t find a color sheme that I could get along well. So I tought I may ask you for some pictures of some nice color shemes as inspiration 😮

Here is what I went with, harkening back to an old empire army I had.

E19002FC-1731-4C22-ACD1-9E93818F6F8E.jpeg

26969463-7322-4DD5-AF9B-C0BCE0D085F7.jpeg

F66B3874-6EFE-48C5-B4AD-89E46795EF81.jpeg

BC408947-B8C7-4F87-B280-A0E700CDD6E9.jpeg

1A02834B-B1A7-4592-8585-885D76B0A689.jpeg

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

On 3/30/2020 at 3:48 AM, Piikalo1 said:

Is that a mistake in the app?

It should be. Tg and Zd not as KEYWORD but as Royal Tg/Zd Warscrolls....

On 3/30/2020 at 8:55 AM, Charleston said:

some pictures of some nice color shemes as inspiration

Not nearly as skillfull as above but rapid fire Airbrush paintjob 

„Harald der Herrliche“ and the Defenders of the Bloodlake and his brother from the Frozen Wastes of Despair

7CD34A16-AF6D-42A7-84A2-E73AC70C49E4.jpeg

16116B4C-E99D-4B64-A6CA-EDC3CC4F166D.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/18/2020 at 6:25 PM, Great Bray Tom said:

Hey guys! I just bought a Flesh-Eater Courts army and I was wondering; I have 4 Terrorgheist/Zombie Dragon.

What to build them as? I was thinking two of each but I wanted to ask you veteran players. Maybe a ZD is never used etc?

Appreciate the help!

My experience, ZD has a place but gheists are so much better, especially without a rider. Most lists have 2 terrorgheists + flayers/ghouls, rarely you see a GKoZD.

If you were to try full gristlegore, you'd also not play any ZD's. So, I'd go 1 ZD and 3 gheists, but that's just my opinion :)

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Firefrog said:

but that's just my opinion

Wise words...

exploding mortals are just too good, also  mortals on death and maybe a bit regeneration.

the zombiedragon imo only with ghoulking and I think only in a fluffy list with 9 horrors 😈

On 4/19/2020 at 11:36 PM, Firefrog said:

My experience, ZD has a place but gheists are so much better, especially without a rider. Most lists have 2 terrorgheists + flayers/ghouls, rarely you see a GKoZD.

If you were to try full gristlegore, you'd also not play any ZD's. So, I'd go 1 ZD and 3 gheists, but that's just my opinion :)

How about mounter or unmounted gheist instead?

20 hours ago, QuinacridoneGold said:

How about mounter or unmounted gheist instead?

That’s a big point difference and with gristlegore a whole page of pro and con considerations during list building.

Most of my lists start with a GKoTG... maybe the infernal gets to be general because of flayerspam, but 99,9% mounted.

the second gheist might be solo.

but I think a regent list with unmounted distraction gheists could work pretty well

Guys just for know  that list,its legal right?

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand Court: Gristlegore

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (420)
Abhorrant Archregent (240)

Battleline
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Battalions
Royal Family (120)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Chalice of Ushoran (50)

Total: 1970 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 79

20 hours ago, Shaquilleoheal said:

Think it is!!!

first it was not, since the battalion doesn’t ask for KEYWORD but the Warscroll name.

then they changed the warscrolls titel  to be: abhorrent ghoul king (with mount option). 

it is also mentioned in the faq somewhere if I remember correctly

Edited by Honk

5 hours ago, Honk said:

Think it is!!!

first it was not, since the battalion doesn’t ask for KEYWORD but the Warscroll name.

then they changed the warscrolls titel  to be: abhorrent ghoul king (with mount option). 

it is also mentioned in the faq somewhere if I remember correctly

can u link me the part that is mentioned pls? cuz im reading the faq right now and didint find it.

8 hours ago, Shaquilleoheal said:

can u link me the part that is mentioned pls?

No, I can’t... searched through the FAQs etc and came up empty.

But if you search for the GkoTg in the App, the corresponding name of the Warscroll will be Ghoulking. The gheist/dragon is only mentioned in the descriptions. That was the thing, not sure if it stems from a Lord-Arcanum discussion from the poster boyz 

searching but not finding it... and it is kinda scary considering the „Ruler of all he surveys“ faq in revers, where it is only the Gk on foot and explicitly not the mounted ones.

Edited by Honk

I think it was about the way it is written 

It does not refer to a keyword but a name. The primary name of each of the GK Warscrolls is „Abhorrent Ghoul King“ the Mount part is just a smaller Side sentence. So it is possible to use mounted GKs I guess.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

So it is possible to use mounted GKs I guess.

The beauty of GDubs rules writing... 

And I mean they already have the Keyword vs warscroll name distinction and they still create uncertainties 

Hey.

I recently got a hold of a FEC army and I have been perusing thus thread for great list. Does'nt have to be overly competetive but its not a minus.                                         I have aquired the following models:

Archregent

GK on Terror

Gk on Zombie

3x Terror

18 Flayers

6 Horrors

20 ghouls

Varghoul

No more courtiers at the moment but I will get some depending on the lists. I have bought more ghouls and horrors too.

Can I make something fun and challenging with what I have?

I painted this guy some time ago to serve as a Varghulf for my FEC. Now with the release of the big boy giants I might have to paint up one of the husky guys for my grand court. I really like that the new giants can go into any army, gives me some interest in an release I would have otherwise ignored entirely.

C9D5C3F8-F028-4C1D-A5C8-FB1564AEAB9C.jpeg.06190dea2d1fe7cf2739756565be3e45.jpeg

• Like 1

On 4/24/2020 at 11:57 AM, Shaquilleoheal said:

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand Court: Gristlegore

Leaders
Abhorrant Archregent (240)

Battleline
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Battalions
Royal Family (120)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Chalice of Ushoran (50)

Total: 1970 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 79

Go a few pages back, it was discussed and concluded with proof out of the rulebook that this list is indeed valid. Battallion units not in upper-case get checked by their title, the subtext is ignored (which convienently is "on Royal Terrorgheist")

• Thanks 1

On 3/16/2020 at 7:28 AM, XReN said:

They are wrong, it's written in the core rules, in case of GKs on Mounts the "Abhorrant Ghoul King" is the title and "on Royal <mount>" is a sub-header which doesn't need to be included to be legal to take in battalion.

This only applies when the unit is written in bold type. The royal family battalion clearly states that the 2-6 regular ghoul Kings and is not written in bold type. (See attached pic from Khorne book as reference. )

Screenshot_20200429_094733.jpg

To further illustrate the point above. 

First pic is the royal family battalion. None of the unit entries are in bold. But the battalion description has Courtier in bold, meaning that the bonus applies to any of the courtier options (varghulf, crypt ghast, crypt infernal & crypt hunter). 

Second pic is the attendants at court battalion. In the battalion bonus Abhorrent Ghoul King is in bold. This means that the bonus applies if your general is any of the ghoul kings (GKoZD, GKoTG and regular GK). 

The royal family unit requirements does not allow the 2-6 ghoul kings to be any of the options, because it's not listed in bold and the entry above also clearly shows the ghoul king on various mounts. 

Screenshot_20200429_095559.jpg

Screenshot_20200429_095530.jpg

23 hours ago, Tropical Ghost General said:

The royal family unit requirements does not allow the 2-6 ghoul kings to be any of the options, because it's not listed in bold and the entry above also clearly shows the ghoul king on various mounts. 

You could interpret it that way, yet there is also no Warscroll called „Ghoul KingS“ so you could argue that the Ghoul King Warscroll is not listed as well?

Imo they‘d specifically mentioned that the mounted version cannot be used? I‘d preferred if they had just used keywords.

Edited by JackStreicher

• 2 weeks later...