AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

21 hours ago, SevenXes said:

tried bigger units from time to time

My personal sweet spot is 6 models.  3 is just for harassment or suicide, with 6 you can get 4-5 into combat and after that, your just kinda stuck with an unmovable blob on the board.

had a great idea, but it got wrecked, since the flayed pennant only let’s you reroll charges and is for courtiers only... not +3“ 😢

Blisterskin 12 flayer and a gkotg with with the pennant who runs forward. You could have rammed them into the enemy turn 1, but now the 9“ charge is too risky

Hi, I have the opportunity to buy a painted FEC army. Is it a good buy to start playing competitively ?

- Archregent

- Ghoul King

- Varghulf

- Crypt ghast courtier

- Ghoul King on terrorgheist

- Ghoul King on terrorgheist / magnetised

- Zombie Dragon

- 60 Ghouls

- 9 Horrors

- 9 Flayers

- Chalice and horses endless spells

- Throne

Thanks !

• Haha 1

On 12/30/2019 at 4:24 PM, Glemcik said:

Can someone show me his tournament list? 

Certainly:

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand Court: Court of Delusion - The Feast Day
Mortal Realm: Ulgu
Abhorrant Archregent (240)
- General
- Trait: Dark Wizardy
- Artefact: The Dermal Robe
- Lore of Madness: Deranged Transformation
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (420)
- Artefact: Doppelganger Cloak
- Lore of Madness: Blood Feast
- Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite
Crypt Haunter Courtier (120)
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
6 x Crypt Horrors (260)
6 x Crypt Horrors (260)
Attendants at Court (110)
Chalice of Ushoran (50)
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1910 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 115

I went 4-1 with this at Blood and Glory 2019, and 3-2 at several other tournaments last year. Thanks to the December FAQ there's now a few extra points to play around with

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m looking for some help/advice with list building these days

firstly some background: pre 2019 battletome, I occasionally borrowed a friend’s army and really enjoyed playing them. With the 2019 battletome release and Carrion Empire I finally bought my own. I only played a few games before abandoning them. Every game I played my opponents complained about them after the game which really sucked all the fun out of it and made any victory feel worthless. Additionally the changes to their summoning and battalions changed some of the things I enjoyed (pre-2019, I liked running Ghoul Patrol and Royal Family-summoning Ghoul Kings who then got to summon other units was pretty fun, and adding models to the Ghouls via Ghoul Patrol was cool).

now I’ve decided I want to stay focused on Flesh-Eaters but I’m having some problems building lists
Battalions
Flesh-Eaters rely heavily on command points so you sort of have to run at least one Battalion and preferably take an Extra Command Point too.
-Ghoul Patrol I feel isn’t worth it. It stayed at 180pts but took away the adding models to units.
-Royal Family also isn’t worth it anymore, it’s old rules were better.
i don’t really have opinions on the others. Deadwatch is my favourite but I don’t currently have the models to build around it
Units
i find it difficult to fit varieties into lists as points seem to disappear quickly, it seems you kinda have to focus on one of the 3 units and build around them, this also causes problems with the Grand Courts as each one is focused on a specific unit. Additionally each unit sort of needs a Courtier to babysit them for healing and the 6++ save. Not running monsters (mounted or not) is something that seems like a bad idea as they create a “I need to kill that ASAP” moment for opponents, and it’s always hilarious when a Stormcast Gav-Bomb of 10 Evocators fails and gets eaten by a Terrorghiest.

im not looking for specific lists, but rather tips and advice for building a Flesh-Eaters list. I play in a mostly casual environment with a few Competitive minded people bringing netlists. I occasionally play in tournaments also but more so just for the chance of playing more games

9 minutes ago, Mark Williams said:

What units and models do you have available to use?

I have the following, but with access to my friends army also then I pretty much have everything you could possibly want
Abhorrent Archregent
3x Abhorrent Ghoul King
2x Crypt Ghast Courtier
2x Crypt Haunter Courtier
Crypt Infernal Courtier
Duke Crakmarrow
The Grymwatch
60x Crypt Ghouls
6x Crypt Horrors
6x Crypt Flayers
Zombie Dragon
Terrorgheight

i eventually plan to add the following
9x Crypt Flayers
9x Crypt Horrors
Vargulf Courtier
Zombie Dragon
Terrorghiest
20x Crypt Ghouls (made out of 4 sets of the Grymwatch models)

Edited by Joseph Mackay

17 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

im not looking for specific lists, but rather tips and advice for building a Flesh-Eaters list.

Always depends on your style and local meta, ghouls never really worked for me, same for min size flayers... so I usually have three-pronged attack (2gkotg and 1x6 flayer / 2x6 flayer with 1 gkotg) usually in a feast day list, maybe with infernal as general.

I will try out a gkozd with 9 horrors murderball, but unsure how that performs against something with a decent save. Went with my LoN Zombies against slaves of darkness two weeks ago, and they had insane saves (4+\5++\6+++ or rerolling) with some shrine, sorcerer and whatnot. But my zombies would have melted against all rerolling horrors, with extra attacks from the regent.

Thing to remember is the objective game, fast-numerous-sturdy-killy 

Hi everyone. It's time for me to finish off my Death collection by delving into FEC. All my previous Death armys have been hordes. Hordes of ghosts, skeletons and skeletons 2.0. So I'm really looking forward to trying out an actually viable monster army.

I like to play competitively, no doubt about it. How is Gristlegore holding up these days,?  And any suggestions on where to start. I assume the starting collections are pretty nice as they bring you both  the "correct" mosnters and summonable chaff?  

• LOVE IT! 1

Are there any news on the Arch-Regent regarding his release as a single model? I've heard here and there that some models that were exclusive in starter-kits get their release roughly around one year later. Is that true? 

I really need this guy and I'm neither into conversions nor into spending ~70€ for a model like this.

Edited by SevenXes

Hi guys !! 

I have a tournament coming soon and it's my first one (I'm usually playing at my local GW) I was wondering how good this list can be :

- Grand Court: Gristlegore

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (420)
- General
- Trait: Savage Strike
- Artefact: Miasmatic Blade
- Lore of Madness: Spectral Host
- Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Zombie Dragon (440)
- Artefact: Doppelganger Cloak
- Lore of Madness: Blood Feast
- Mount Trait: Razor-clawed
- Lore of Madness: Bonestorm
Abhorrant Ghoul King (160)
Crypt Ghast Courtier (60)

Battleline
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Battalions
Ghoul Patrol (180)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 82

Can you give me your opinions pls ?

Is gristlegore good actually ? 

Something like this ?

Leaders
- General
- Artefact: Ghurish Mawshard
Crypt Infernal Courtier (120)

Battleline
Gristlegore Royal Terrorgheist (300)

Battalions
Royal Menagerie (120)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 76

Yes Grislegore is good, in fact it's really good. 

For tournaments I'd say you either play a Gristelgorelist or something Flayer-heavy. These two are from my experience the strongest lists you can build and two of the strongest lists in all of AoS. 

Your list looks fine although I'm not sure about the CIC since you will be spending your CP mostly on other stuff than summoning. Buuuuut on the other hand theres not much to do with 240 points, unless you have the abhorrant arch-regent of course. 

Edited by SevenXes

21 hours ago, DaCapo said:

Is gristlegore good actually ? 

Something like this ?

Leaders
- General
- Artefact: Ghurish Mawshard
Crypt Infernal Courtier (120)

Battleline

Battalions
Royal Menagerie (120)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 76

It works, but it's hard due to not having many models which means you can easily lose objective based games. And even though they have alot of wounds, they still die pretty easily. Considering you want to spend CP when they die, and want a leader close, I personally played a variant with 4 terrogheist (1 of them mounted) and added a ghoul king on foot and the archreagent.

That gives you bodies to work with to keep on objectives, and you can try and keep the ghoul kings near your gheists. Also, the d3 extra attacks from the archreagent makes the gheists so good.

13 hours ago, DaCapo said:

@Firefrogbut in this case you lose a mount trait no ? 

Is it worth ? 

@SevenXesor i can pay a command point and an endless spell or the cogs ? 

Actually it was my mistake, I did the math wrong. The batallion is a good choice imo. The chalice of Ushoran is a nice option but since you only have two casters in your army you should probably use  their personal spells instead of the endless ones.

So in the end it's up to you, either you play the list you posted (which is something I can see doing pretty well, especially with the batallion) or you take Firefrogs advice which is also really good. 

13 minutes ago, Heaven_lord said:

Hey, how many Flayers do we need to own yo build a competitive list centered around them ? Is 9 enough?

Thanks !

9 is the bare minimum and probably not quite enough. The Deadwatch battalion makes you run three units and if you are super Flayer heavy you probably need at least 3 units of them for battle line too. That puts you at 3 units if 3. Ok but not optimal. Most of the competitive Blisterkin builds run units of 6,3 and 3. 

38 minutes ago, Heaven_lord said:

39 minutes ago, TheWilddog said:

9 is the bare minimum and probably not quite enough. The Deadwatch battalion makes you run three units and if you are super Flayer heavy you probably need at least 3 units of them for battle line too. That puts you at 3 units if 3. Ok but not optimal. Most of the competitive Blisterkin builds run units of 6,3 and 3. 

Cool thanks do 12 are enough :)

On 1/25/2020 at 3:05 PM, Heaven_lord said:

Hey, how many Flayers do we need to own yo build a competitive list centered around them ? Is 9 enough?

Min units are tricky, not enough punch, few models to score and 12hp with 5+...
i personally think 2x6 are cool, two units to dish out some pain, especially if buffed up and fast enough to move around the board.
Gives your opponent something to think about, while your GKoTg munches up other poor meatballs

On 1/31/2020 at 11:53 PM, Snips said:

Hey yall. New to AoS and FEC. Dont see much Hollowmourne lists on here. Is it not that great? Anyone got a decent list for it? 

How many points?

Hollowmourne is fun and one of my favorite courts simply because I love Horrors, unfortunately I havent had much success vs stronger opponents/lists. So I'd say it comes down to the type of game you want to play. If you're going casual Hollowmourne is fine, if you're facing something more competitive I'd suggest  you try Blisterskin or Gristlegore instead. Or build a court on your own.