AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

2 minutes ago, wayniac said:

I was immediately attracted to Doppelganger because a King on TG that can't be attacked until he attacks is nasty. 

It might be new info to you - it was changed in Errata so it's one use only, before nerf it was my go-to choice

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/age_of_sigmar_malign_sorcery_errata_en.pdf

image.png.335139e401415c92388fc83cb5c8128e.png

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, XReN said:

Probably this one:

Hide contents

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand Court: Court of Delusion - The Feast Day

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (420)
- Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite
Abhorrant Ghoul King (160)

Battleline
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Units
3 x Crypt Flayers (170)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 52

Spell choice matters very little as you want +1 attack and 5+ ignore damage over everything else, but Deranged Transformation and Spectral Host IMO are good choices

For artefacts you can go for any defensive one on GKoTG.

For command trait you can give either of Ghoul Kings Dark Wiradry or give Majestic Horror to GKoTG. 

You also must get Arch Regent into your collection either by buying him from someone somewhere or conversing from something.

Sorry, I mean the start of a 2k list.

Doppleganger Cloak is still very strong.  I rolled people at a tournament this weekend, and it was absolutely key.  Two combat phases + feeding frenzy guarantees that you can even foolishly throw him into, and tie up, half your opponent's army, and likely remove large swathes of it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Neomaxim said:

Doppleganger Cloak is still very strong.  I rolled people at a tournament this weekend, and it was absolutely key.  Two combat phases + feeding frenzy guarantees that you can even foolishly throw him into, and tie up, half your opponent's army, and likely remove large swathes of it.

It is definetly still good, however where I play the main gatekeeper army are bonesplitters and 30 arrowboys don't care about doppelganger cloak so I usually run Miasmatic Blade.

I use smth like this.  Just make archregent proxy from vampire lord model from your box. 

Here you can summon 2x 10 ghouls and 3x 3 flayers. You will miss some models but you don't have to summon all at start

Mortal Realm: Shyish
Abhorrant Archregent (240)
- Artefact: The Dermal Robe
- Lore of Madness: Deranged Transformation
- Lore of Madness: Monstrous Vigour
- Lore of Madness: Spectral Host
- General
- Trait: Majestic Horror
- Artefact: Ethereal Amulet
- Lore of Madness: Blood Feast
- Lore of Madness: Bonestorm
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
3 x Crypt Horrors (130)
Royal Family (120)
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 89

Is there a consensus on the best artifact for ghoul king on terrorghiest? Ethereal amulet is an obvious choice but is only really strong when coupled with the reversing cogs save rerolls. Gryph feather charm is decent but +1 to hit is handed out like candy now adays. Doppelganger cloak skews for combat and ragged cloak skews for anti shooting which is great now with the rise of Cities and impending kharadron. The grim garland turns screams into reliable mortal wound output. has anyone used the heart of the gargant for one reliable round of combat? Also thought about throwing on the sword of judgment since it's basically 10 attacks with the double pile in, it turns the ghouls kings ****** attacks into something to be feared by enemy monsters and heroes. What are your guys experiences? 

4 hours ago, LJ26 said:

Is there a consensus on the best artifact for ghoul king on terrorghiest? Ethereal amulet is an obvious choice but is only really strong when coupled with the reversing cogs save rerolls. Gryph feather charm is decent but +1 to hit is handed out like candy now adays. Doppelganger cloak skews for combat and ragged cloak skews for anti shooting which is great now with the rise of Cities and impending kharadron. The grim garland turns screams into reliable mortal wound output. has anyone used the heart of the gargant for one reliable round of combat? Also thought about throwing on the sword of judgment since it's basically 10 attacks with the double pile in, it turns the ghouls kings ****** attacks into something to be feared by enemy monsters and heroes. What are your guys experiences? 

I haven't tried Ethereal+Cogs in 2k game, so my experience with it is limited to Meeting Engagements. Gryph feather is, imo, the best all-rounded pick since it affects both shooting and melee, but it's also good in my local meta because we have a good representation of both melee and missle threats. I'd say Doppelganger and Ragged cloaks are more situational picks, like if you constantly run into Slaanesh, Sylvaneth and Idoneth for Doppelganger, or Free Cities, KO and Anvilstrike for Ragged.  

Heart I think is a wasted artefact because I'd rather bring a GKoZD and have those rerolls anyway. Haven't used Grim Garland because I haven't yet painted Horrorghast and enough Flayers to terrorise opponet's troops in 2k games. 

I consider Sword of Judgment more of a meme weapon when taken in FEC, sometimes I take it on Arch Regent in smaller games and he reliably kills any hero or monster that's not a Keeper of Secrets.

• Thanks 1

On 12/24/2019 at 2:57 PM, Storm1 said:
What is the best start of a 2k list I could make just using two FEC start collecting,a box of crypt flayers/horrors, and a box of crypt ghouls?
Thanks in advance.

Since this is like the third or fourth time you asked the same question, I highly recommend you spend more time playing and testing the units instead of theory crafting that will give you a better idea what works and what not.

In the past weeks I've been pretty succesfull with the FEC, tableing BoK (double turn with a blob of 30 ghouls + morgaunt, 2 courtiers and a chalice of ushoran is just nasty) and winning against the DoK at the end of round four (thanks to horrors). Next up are the OBR, last time I played them, they tabled me at turn 3. Petrifex Elite is just nasty ... I'm planing on playing a Flayer heavy list due to the sheer amount of mortal wounds and the mobility plus a AGKoRZD instead of the TG since his ranged attack is pretty much useless vs armywide bravery 10. Well see how it goes.

• Thanks 1

Hi!

I'm looking for the most reliable and versatile list for a solo tournament

Anyone ever played the king's ghoul battalion?
This list seems to me not too bad .. opinions?

5 drops

Mortal Realm: Ghur

Leaders
- General
- Trait: Dark Wizardy
- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm
Crypt Ghast Courtier (60)

Battleline
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Units
9 x Crypt Horrors (390)

Battalions
King's Ghouls (120)

Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 105

OR

Royal mordant bataillon:

5 drops

Mortal Realm: Ghur

Leaders
Varghulf Courtier (160)
- General
- Trait: Dark Wizardy
- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm

Battleline
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

3 x Crypt Horrors (130)

9 x Crypt Flayers (510)

Battalions
Royal Mordants (120)

Extra Command Point (50)
Chalice of Ushoran (50)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Wounds: 107

Thanks!

Edited by Iron Fist
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Iron Fist said:

opinions?

Like both lists, but not really sold on the battalions. First list ignore battleshock is kinda „meh“ since your ghouls would be either gone (7kills it‘s a 50:50 chance) or they‘ll be ignored and stay. If I read the list correctly, you’ll summon a varghulf for the horrors and go to town. With the 120 you could get some endless spells, like chalice and palisade of similar stuff. The reduced drop count... Well yes, but no, extra bling yes, but I really think it’s not worth it.

the second list... kinda the same, but the flayer suicide charge could be totally awesome. Spectral host, the hunger and off they go... if you roll well and get first turn (with 5drops...) you could  prevent a nasty alpha or get a brutal counter.

56 minutes ago, Iron Fist said:

I think the royal mordant is better for tournament..

I agree. As Honk already pointed out, when fielding Ghouls in groups of 10 the batallion isn't really worth it. 

Overall I like the second list better, however I'd think about splitting the Flayers into two groups. 3 and 6. From my experience it can be difficult to get all of your knights into a fight due to the basesize.

If you're into Flayers you could also ditch the ghouls,  try Blisterskin + Deadwatch.   

1 hour ago, SevenXes said:

I agree. As Honk already pointed out, when fielding Ghouls in groups of 10 the batallion isn't really worth it. 

Overall I like the second list better, however I'd think about splitting the Flayers into two groups. 3 and 6. From my experience it can be difficult to get all of your knights into a fight due to the basesize.

If you're into Flayers you could also ditch the ghouls,  try Blisterskin + Deadwatch.   

I also thought about taking only 6 flayers and adding 1 ghoul king on foot.
This adds a spell (+ 1A) and a dispell

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SevenXes said:

however I'd think about splitting the Flayers into two groups. 3 and 6

That’s a valid opinion, and true for offensive purposes, buuuut...

if that list is meant to slingshot buffed up flayers into the enemy lines, a unit of 9 brave knights might make it into round two and still be relevant. 36 wounds with a 5+ is not much. Without regenerating hero support they will melt like butter and we don’t have cheat-back Units like the legions of Nagash. 
Another personal problem is that I Never really use min flayer units right. They get stuck somewhere, not killing stuff and die pretty lame deaths. 10 tree-revenants I wanted to intercept took the charge on the chin and then hacked them to pieces.

Hello, can someone rate my list? I'am trying to come back to fec and try glistrgore for first time. 

Mortal Realm: Ulgu
- General
- Trait: Savage Strike
- Artefact: Ghurish Mawshard
- Artefact: Doppelganger Cloak
- Lore of Madness: Monstrous Vigour
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
Royal Family (120)
Extra Command Point (50)
Chronomantic Cogs (80)
Cadaverous Barricade (40)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Wounds: 77

35 minutes ago, Glemcik said:

can someone rate my list?

I‘m giving it 5/10 for the paintjob, 57 tactical points and a bunch of fun points, I guess 7-13.

gristlegore took a big hit with Savage Strike only triggering on charge.

Also the battalion is questionable without courtier and pretty fragile (summoned) units. If you summon a varghulf, 2x3 knights and 2x10 ghouls, the varghulf „could“ regen those units „better“ than before. But 10 ghouls either survive or they are a red wet spot. Same goes for 12hp knights...

the list is versatile and top tier annoying with the amount of summoning, and can provide a lot of board control. but I personally think, without big tournament and waac experiences, that feast day lists with 1-2 gkotg and 1-3x6knights perform better in competitive play. But of course a lot depends on local meta and skill...

6 hours ago, Glemcik said:

So on tournamet better to Play feast day and more knights then glistrgore? 

I think yes... and this is gut feeling of the past. Haven’t played much in the last 6 month. And I’m not a great competitive player, but gave to face some down here.

it depends on your skillz and your opponents, but the first strike gristlegore gkotg lost its edge.

multi threats with 2x6 knights and 1 gkotg or 2 gkotg/zd and 6knights in a feast day gives you 3 fast units which can destroy stuff. I like flayers more than horrors, but gkozd with 2x6 horrors left&right reroll everything and sure leave a dent, if opponent fails his save. 
Objective control is far more important in a tournament setting. If you outflank and steamroll your enemy, but he scores all the VP, tough luck

2 hours ago, Glemcik said:

and 2-6 ghouls king key word

Not to my knowledge.... 

in my book it says: whatever Abhorrent (aar- gk - gkotg/zd) together with 2-6 agk (not in capslock). 
since it‘s not in caps it’s not keywords but warscroll name. 

that makes it pretty bad, except for some crazy lists with high hero counts. An extra die for courtiers with a three non-courtier hero tax and 120 points just too much... 

On 12/29/2019 at 12:09 AM, Honk said:

That’s a valid opinion, and true for offensive purposes, buuuut...

if that list is meant to slingshot buffed up flayers into the enemy lines, a unit of 9 brave knights might make it into round two and still be relevant. 36 wounds with a 5+ is not much. Without regenerating hero support they will melt like butter and we don’t have cheat-back Units like the legions of Nagash. 
Another personal problem is that I Never really use min flayer units right. They get stuck somewhere, not killing stuff and die pretty lame deaths. 10 tree-revenants I wanted to intercept took the charge on the chin and then hacked them to pieces.

Sry, kinda late with my response.

Funny since I had pretty much the opposite experience. :D 

I've never had any success with units > 6. Might be my (our) local meta. I've tried bigger units from time to time because I was hoping the damageoutput would increase tremendously, killing whole units in one round. But this has never worked out for me. Neither with Horrors nor with Flayers. So I've decided to go with smaller units and put any Courtier somwhere between them. Gives me overall more flexibility which suits my playstyle. 

• Haha 1