AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

9 hours ago, Obeisance said:

Have people converted up an Archregent from Carrion Empire? Got pics?

He's going for like $50 AUD+ on eBay and frankly, no chance I'm buying one at that price.

I used the GK model at a GW event as a Archregent. No complaints. Base had some rocks on it. I've heard and seen people pimp there's with various kit bashes. 

If you just want a simple cheap way of doing it. Rock from Starter kit (for dragon) but if green stuff and Ghoul king model next to it 😂

HI,

I'm new in FeC.. 

I am looking for a list that could work well. Could you give me your criticism?

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand Court: Hollowmourne

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (420) -----> summon flyers
- General
- Trait: Grave Robber 
- Artefact: Corpsefane Gauntlet 
- Lore of Madness: Monstrous Vigour
- Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite
Abhorrant Archregent (240)-------> Summon Varghulf
- Artefact: The Dermal Robe 
- Lore of Madness: Deranged Transformation
Abhorrant Archregent (240)-------> Summon Varghulf
- Lore of Madness: Spectral Host
Abhorrant Ghoul King (160)-------> Summon  ghouls
- Lore of Madness: Miasmal Shroud

Battleline
6 x Crypt Horrors (300)
6 x Crypt Horrors (300)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Battalions
Royal Family (120)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Chalice of Ushoran (50)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 92

Or that:

- Grand Court: Blisterskin

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (420)
- Artefact: Eye of Hysh 
Abhorrant Archregent (240)
- General
- Trait: Hellish Orator 
Varghulf Courtier (160)
- Artefact: The Flayed Pennant 

Battleline

30 x Crypt Ghouls (300)
3 x Crypt Flayers (170)
5 x Dire Wolves (70)

Unit

9 x Crypt Horrors (450)

Battalions
Royal Mordants (120)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Chalice of Ushoran (50)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 117

Edited by Iron Fist

@Iron FistWell, your 2nd is illegal I believe as Dire Wolves are not battleline for FeC. Between the 2, I vastly prefer the 1st as it's a fully fledged Hollowmourne list (say what you will about Hollowmourne as a whole, however).

Unless those are just the models you have, I wouldn't put a hard tag on what everything will summon in; it will vary on the objective and your opponent. If there's a good amount of objectives, you will likely want to be summoning in more than just 10 Ghouls and you could use 1 of the AAR's to have another 20 somewhere and the other can still throw out a Courtier. Just something to think about.

@Gwendar

Thk for the answer !

I agree with you about summoning 👍🏻

I Will try hollomourn yeah!  

I thought that two varghulfs were a minimum to have for the royal family

What do you think about Royal family batalion ?

And about 2x6 horrors ?

Edited by Iron Fist

@Iron Fist It's alright I suppose, but I haven't played with it yet. I think the biggest detractor is that you need to have a minimum of 2 Abhorrant Ghoul Kings, meaning the TG\ZD variants do not count towards that requirement if I recall (which actually makes your 1st list illegal as well). Still, that would be 20 free Ghouls from the 2 GK's. If you want to go Horror Heavy, there are a few options that others have put up but I can't speak for them as I built a bunch of Flayers instead of Horrors... unfortunately.

So hey, long time no see. The league I was in ended a few weeks ago and it will be culminating in a tournament sometime in the next couple of weeks. I've been trying to figure out what to do now that I've had a breather from the army and, well, decided to just go with Deadwatch. Has anyone been having any competitive luck running a setup such as this?

Spoiler

Mortal Realm: Ghur

Leaders
- General
Crypt Infernal Courtier (120)
- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm 
- Lore of Madness: Blood Feast

Battleline
6 x Crypt Flayers (340)
3 x Crypt Flayers (170)
3 x Crypt Flayers (170)

Battalions
Deadwatch (110)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Wounds: 89

Alternate lists could be: Drop a GKoTG for another AAR and take a Flayer unit to 9 (currently what I'm struggling with deciding) or to maybe take out Blisterkin altogether and run Feast Day, which would still make the previous decision relevant, of course. Thoughts?

@Iron Fist Right, which has commonly been my worry. I don't see much use in bringing Deadwatch if I'm not maximizing use out of it. Problem with 9 is all will likely not get into combat.. although that high number is really just a buffer to make sure the entire unit doesn't get wiped. 6-6-3 could be another option. I'll experiment around with some tester games before I bring it most likely.

1 minute ago, Gwendar said:

6-6-3 could be another option

From my experience a unit of 6 Flayers/Horrors rarely last unless there are other elements that are equally threatening. You having two GKoTG may help negate the smaller units. The 6-6-3 size has worked well for me. The only issue I have had is keeping them in range of heroes.  

The times I ran 9 Flayers I only had lost 1 by the end of the game. Helps to have Infernal+Varghulf with them at all times. Like you mentioned getting them into combat is the tricky part unless your opponent has strung out a line of dudes for you. 

If possible I would try and fit a GKoZD in to help the Flayers out. 

1 hour ago, Finklelord said:

unless there are other elements that are equally threatening. You having two GKoTG may help negate the smaller units.

Yeah, that was my thought process behind only running 6; the 2 GKoTG's would throw off the threat radar a bit more.. especially when all of these local players have seen what they can do compared to Flayers. Again, I may try out the TG and more Flayers options before the day comes.

Unfortunately I don't see much of a way to get a GKoZD in there no matter how I do it as I still want to keep the AAR, Infernal and GKoTG.

15 hours ago, Gwendar said:

So hey, long time no see. The league I was in ended a few weeks ago and it will be culminating in a tournament sometime in the next couple of weeks. I've been trying to figure out what to do now that I've had a breather from the army and, well, decided to just go with Deadwatch. Has anyone been having any competitive luck running a setup such as this?

Reveal hidden contents

Mortal Realm: Ghur

Leaders
- General
Crypt Infernal Courtier (120)
- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm 

Battleline
6 x Crypt Flayers (340)
3 x Crypt Flayers (170)
3 x Crypt Flayers (170)

Battalions
Deadwatch (110)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Wounds: 89

Alternate lists could be: Drop a GKoTG for another AAR and take a Flayer unit to 9 (currently what I'm struggling with deciding) or to maybe take out Blisterkin altogether and run Feast Day, which would still make the previous decision relevant, of course. Thoughts?

I think 6 Flyers will be enough for still unit alive until your hero phase for ress them. Second TG with Feast day is better then anything else from FEC.

My games with Flayers was not good, because our meta has most death players, and other army with 8-10 bravery. And I prefer Horors 6-3 with 20 ghouls in Abatoir battalion.

• Like 1

Regardless I'll need another box of them to bring along 15.. at the same time I only have 6 Horrors, but if I wanted to run more of them I would probably go full out with Hollowmourne\Horror battalion.

For now, I'll likely settle on 6-6-3 or 9-3-3, 2 AAR's, Infernal Courtier and a GKoTG under Blisterskin and see what happens. Likely summons will be a Varghulf to sustain the 9 Flayers and 20 Ghouls. I know I've said not to plan out summons, but I think the choices here are pretty much a given in every situation.

16 hours ago, Gwendar said:

Unfortunately I don't see much of a way to get a GKoZD in there no matter how I do it as I still want to keep the AAR, Infernal and GKoTG.

Yeah I've struggled with getting the ZD and TG Ghoul King in lists. Normally means dropping something I really don't want. 

31 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

I'll likely settle on 6-6-3 or 9-3-3, 2 AAR's, Infernal Courtier and a GKoTG under Blisterskin and see what happens

My vote is or 9-3-3. Big unit smashes face while others can flank and harass.  Also don't do what I do and always forget about the Blisterskin ability to plop+drop a unit with fly

I feel for summoning it's almost the same every time. AAR always summons Varghulf and bodies for objectives. I guess you can summon another 3 Flayers if you wanted 😂.

Good luck with the list! Can't wait to read about it!

Well if I was going to summon more Knights it would likely be with the GKoTG... but those CP are better used for other things, which further cements only running 1 TG as it's summoning would be wasted anyway.

I'll get the other 3 Flayers ordered, built and painted up (though that last part probably won't happen before the tourney). I think having this new take on FeC will bring me back into enjoying them again. Plan to paint them in the same format as my Skaven, but a little on the icier side of things. Thanks everyone for the input.

• Like 1

Hi there,

I am Right now preparing to build a FEC army finally. I would like to share my list with you and give a little insight into my thought processes behind the army composition and would be more than happy about criticism/feedback:

Allegiance: Flesh-Eater Courts

Grand Court: Hollowmourne

Heroes:

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist - General - Grave Robber - Corpsefane Gauntlet - Spectral Host  -- 420

Abhorrant Archeregent - The Dermal Robe - Deranged Transformation  -- 240

Abhorrant Ghoul King - Miasmal Shroud  -- 160

Crypt Haunter Courtier  -- 120

Troops:

Crypt Ghouls x 30  -- 300

Crypt Horrors x6  -- 300

Crypt Horrors x6  -- 300

Batallion:

Attendants at Court  -- 110

Endless Spell:

Chalice of Ushoran  -- 50

Sum:  2000

I really like the Horror models, so I would like to include as many as possible in my army. To supplement this, I play the Courtier and plan on summoning a Varghulf for more healz/mustering. The Ghoul King on foot will summon a troop of Ghouls to camp on a backwater objective (if there is one) and will help overload unbinding capabilities of enemy casters. 

I am not yet sure if Hollowmourne is viable, or if I should go Feast Day with the Courtier as General to still enable Horror BL. If I do this, Attendants at Court doesn't make any sense and as all other viable Battalions are more expensive, I would need to save Points somewhere else, for which I would cut the Ghoul King on foot, add 10 Ghouls plus a Ghast Courtier.

Which of both do you think better and do you have additional ideas for this list?

Thanks in Advance!

Edited by Craze

46 minutes ago, Craze said:

Hi there,

I am Right now preparing to build a FEC army finally. I would like to share my list with you and give a little insight into my thought processes behind the army composition and would be more than happy about criticism/feedback:

Spoiler

Allegiance: Flesh-Eater Courts

Grand Court: Hollowmourne

Heroes:

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist - General - Grave Robber - Corpsefane Gauntlet - Spectral Host  -- 420

Abhorrant Archeregent - The Dermal Robe - Deranged Transformation  -- 240

Abhorrant Ghoul King - Miasmal Shroud  -- 160

Crypt Haunter Courtier  -- 120

Troops:

Crypt Ghouls x 30  -- 300

Crypt Horrors x6  -- 300

Crypt Horrors x6  -- 300

Batallion:

Attendants at Court  -- 110

Endless Spell:

Chalice of Ushoran  -- 50

Sum:  2000

I really like the Horror models, so I would like to include as many as possible in my army. To supplement this, I play the Courtier and plan on summoning a Varghulf for more healz/mustering. The Ghoul King on foot will summon a troop of Ghouls to camp on a backwater objective (if there is one) and will help overload unbinding capabilities of enemy casters. 

I am not yet sure if Hollowmourne is viable, or if I should go Feast Day with the Courtier as General to still enable Horror BL. If I do this, Attendants at Court doesn't make any sense and as all other viable Battalions are more expensive, I would need to save Points somewhere else, for which I would cut the Ghoul King on foot, add 10 Ghouls plus a Ghast Courtier.

Which of both do you think better and do you have additional ideas for this list?

Thanks in Advance!

I would make some changes in the list:

Spoiler

- Grand Court: Hollowmourne

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Zombie Dragon (440)
- General
- Trait: Grave Robber 
- Artefact: Corpsefane Gauntlet 
- Mount Trait: Razor-clawed
Crypt Haunter Courtier (120)
Crypt Ghast Courtier (60)

Battleline
30 x Crypt Ghouls (300)
6 x Crypt Horrors (300)
6 x Crypt Horrors (300)

Battalions
Attendants at Court (110)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Chalice of Ushoran (50)

Total: 1970 / 2000
Wounds: 109

With any Court you always want to buy extra CP, it's just way too important to pass. So I'd change GK for CP and courtier, this will bring you about the same value as GK.

I suggest taking zombie dragon instead of TG because Varghulf+20 ghouls is better than Varghulf+3 KNIGHTS for board control reasons and you will still be able to summon a unit of flayers instead of ghouls from AAR if you face low model count good saves army, also GKoZD's spell is rather nice for your massive elite spearhead. 

You can toss around your artefacts, I played identical list with Gauntlet on my Haunter and cirle-charged him into SCE in one of my matches for those MWs

And if you do that, you can take something for survivability of your monster.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Craze said:

First: Thanks for your feedback, sounds good!

What would you pick as a defensive artifact for the mounted Ghoul King?

-1 to hit from Ghur or Ulgu,  Doppelganger Cloak, Ethereal Amulet are all good choices.

Also as mount trait for ZD if you'll try him out you can choose between Razor Claws and the one that allowes you to reroll damage of ZD's Maw

• Thanks 1

Another week, another list. This time I wanted to do something different. No idea how well it will play out, but it does well in my head. 

Spoiler

Blisterskin

GKoTG

-Hellish Orator

-Gryph-feather Charm

-Gruesome Bite

GKoZD

-Razor-Clawed

Crypt Infernal Courtier 

-Eye of Hysh

Flayers x6

Flayers x6

Flayers x3

Deadwatch

Extra CP

What I wanted to try was less reliance on magic and a faster push. When I typically have AAR's they just sit on their throne and sling spells. For this I wanted everyone up and moving and in combat and putting threats everywhere I can. Obvious summon is Varghulf with the extra purchased CP. 

Now I know I am extremely light on bodies and no way of summoning more, but that was the idea.  I wanted fast moving units that hit hard. The GKoZD will help with his spell and he can dish out some attacks himself. 

Another idea was to drop the GKoZD for a generic Terrorgheist,GK on foot, and the Cadaverous Barricade, but no extra CP. Will give me a chance to summon 10 Ghouls to sit back and camp and give an additional attack to a unit if needed. 

Lately been playing run of the mill Dwarves (dispossessed?), Sylvaneth, and very soon DoK.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Finklelord said:

Another week, another list. This time I wanted to do something different. No idea how well it will play out, but it does well in my head. 

Hide contents

Blisterskin

GKoTG

-Hellish Orator

-Gryph-feather Charm

-Gruesome Bite

GKoZD

-Razor-Clawed

Crypt Infernal Courtier 

-Eye of Hysh

Flayers x6

Flayers x6

Flayers x3

Deadwatch

Extra CP

What I wanted to try was less reliance on magic and a faster push. When I typically have AAR's they just sit on their throne and sling spells. For this I wanted everyone up and moving and in combat and putting threats everywhere I can. Obvious summon is Varghulf with the extra purchased CP. 

Now I know I am extremely light on bodies and no way of summoning more, but that was the idea.  I wanted fast moving units that hit hard. The GKoZD will help with his spell and he can dish out some attacks himself. 

Another idea was to drop the GKoZD for a generic Terrorgheist,GK on foot, and the Cadaverous Barricade, but no extra CP. Will give me a chance to summon 10 Ghouls to sit back and camp and give an additional attack to a unit if needed. 

Lately been playing run of the mill Dwarves (dispossessed?), Sylvaneth, and very soon DoK.

Thanks!

Whille I don't like how thin this list is - I think you should give it a try as is, you also don't want to change GKoZD for TG, Spell and GK it's quite a downgrade. 

So looks like a change of plan. As much as I wanna run that silly list I just found out this afternoon that there will be a 1500 point tournament at the end of the month using 3 battlelines. As I am terrible at making 1500 points since I feel I can't fit anything. What has everyone ran with success? If possible I am still looking toward Flayer heavy, but I am open at this point. 

A quick list I thought of is this:

Feast Day

AAR

GKoTG

Crypt Ghast

30 Ghouls

10 Ghouls

10 Ghouls

Ghoul Patrol 

Chalice 

Extra CP

Don’t feel bad about not being able to fit everything.  Lower point battles are always like that for most people.

When running warscroll battalions in sub 2k lists it is absolutely vital that they are delivering value.  Over ten percent of your points is on that bet.  For the same cost of the Ghast+10x Ghoulds+Ghoul Patrol you could have 3x Flayers+Infernal(as general)+1CP.  10x ghouls rarely do anything useful unless it is safely camping an objective.  So an important question is can the original list with its added tactical flexibility outweigh more killing and tank?  The influence of three or four objectives on summons and a limited force is also something to carefully consider.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Evil Bob said:

Don’t feel bad about not being able to fit everything.  Lower point battles are always like that for most people.

When running warscroll battalions in sub 2k lists it is absolutely vital that they are delivering value.  Over ten percent of your points is on that bet.  For the same cost of the Ghast+10x Ghoulds+Ghoul Patrol you could have 3x Flayers+Infernal(as general)+1CP.  10x ghouls rarely do anything useful unless it is safely camping an objective.  So an important question is can the original list with its added tactical flexibility outweigh more killing and tank?  The influence of three or four objectives on summons and a limited force is also something to carefully consider.

I agree that every element needs to pull its weight some. My normal ghouls (when I take them) typically camp on objectives when they are at 10x. Anything over that, typically 30x, I run them midfield as screens or road blocks.

I'll have a test run this weekend of what you suggested. Something like:

Spoiler

AAR

GKoTG

Crypt Infernal 

3x Flayers

3x Flayers

3x Flayers

Deadwatch

Chalice 

Extra CP

I've not had the best of luck with minimum squads, but hopefully the GKoTG can be a big enough distraction to prevent a wipe. 

I havnt had a chance to play recently due to kids being on school holidays, vacations etc, so I have been spending my spare time thinking of competitive lists that arent the typical run of the mill.

I've come up with the following and wondering what's the community's thoughts on this gristlegore list:

- Grand Court: Gristlegore
Mortal Realm: Shyish

Leaders
- General
- Trait: Savage Strike 
- Artefact: The Grim Garland 

Battleline
30 x Crypt Ghouls (300)
Gristlegore Royal Zombie Dragon(300)
Gristlegore Royal Terrorgheist (300)

Battalions
Royal Menagerie (120)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Cadaverous Barricade (40)
Chalice of Ushoran (50)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 90

Thoughts behind the barricade is to try and lock down enemy movement if I can get it off. Would happily change for another spell though.

Also was thinking of potentially dropping the Garland to give the Crypt ghast the reroll failed charge rolls for friendly units (from what I gather it's all units which could be super usefull) Could have 70 ghouls on the board with rerolls or bring in some knights if needed.

Would love to other people's thoughts. Just need another terrorgheist now 😈

Edited by ReAnimate Studios

7 hours ago, ReAnimate Studios said:

I havnt had a chance to play recently due to kids being on school holidays, vacations etc, so I have been spending my spare time thinking of competitive lists that arent the typical run of the mill.

I've come up with the following and wondering what's the community's thoughts on this gristlegore list:

- Grand Court: Gristlegore
Mortal Realm: Shyish

Leaders
- General
- Trait: Savage Strike 
- Artefact: The Grim Garland 

Battleline
30 x Crypt Ghouls (300)
Gristlegore Royal Zombie Dragon(300)

Battalions
Royal Menagerie (120)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Cadaverous Barricade (40)
Chalice of Ushoran (50)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 90

Thoughts behind the barricade is to try and lock down enemy movement if I can get it off. Would happily change for another spell though.

Also was thinking of potentially dropping the Garland to give the Crypt ghast the reroll failed charge rolls for friendly units (from what I gather it's all units which could be super usefull) Could have 70 ghouls on the board with rerolls or bring in some knights if needed.

Would love to other people's thoughts. Just need another terrorgheist now 😈

A couple things that stand out to me:

-One of your AAR should have Spectral Host or Monstrous Vigor 

-The command trait is kinda wasted on an AAR since he doesn't really want to be in combat. Though you don't have any other options unless you find room for a GKoTG

-Grim Garland also is a waste since he won't be near the action and the only model that benefits directly from it is the Terrorgheist which will be miles ahead of the AAR

I would highly recommend finding room for a GKoTG and make him the general. When he charges it's just disgusting 

-Zombie Dragons unmounted are generally bad. What makes them shine is the signature spell that comes with the GK 

• Like 1