AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

I'm actually happy about the changes. Yes all my lists have went up on average 80 plus points, but now the wait is over and we can dig deeper in list building. 

My core will remain the same. Flayers. Absolutely love them and I am gonna run more of them now since I think I will be taking one AAR now. 

With Horrors now cheaper I may have to try running them, perhaps with Royal Mordant battalion. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gwendar said:

playing Khorne and do better with them.

Tricky thing, you take two Bt of Rage, aim loosely at multiple units and hero patches, charge... done

almost like a gkotg, but only at 2/3 the point costs   XD

and they both should generate enough blood tithe points, together with bloodsecrators, to summon another one around turn three, if you get one killed by incompetence    ;-D

1 hour ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Does anyone have a bit of experience with Meeting engagements? I am trying to work on a list centered around a Ghoul King on Zombie Dragon.

Hi @PraetorDragoon I have finalised my meeting engagements list for a tournament ,while I won't use a zombie dragon maybe it could be a help to you. 

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts

- Grand Court: Court of Delusion - The Feast Day
Mortal Realm: Shyish

Spearhead
Abhorrant Archregent (240)
- General
- Trait: Magestic Horror 
- Lore of Madness: Deranged Transformation
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
Cadaverous Barricade (40)

Main Body
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (420)
- Artefact: Ethereal Amulet 
- Lore of Madness: Spectral Host
- Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Rearguard
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 0
Wounds: 51

Summonable options in addition to list - 20 Ghouls, 3 Flayers, 2 Varghulfs and 1 Infernal Courtier.

What you could do is drop the endless spell and take the AKoZD instead of the AKoTG. 

Otherwise the rules limit configuration unless you go Flayer/Horror heavy with the relevant court allowing them as battleline but the numbers might be rejigging.

Hope this helps 👍

Edited by Blisterfeet
Spelling mistake
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Blisterfeet said:

Hi @PraetorDragoon I have finalised my meeting engagements list for a tournament ,while I won't use a zombie dragon maybe it could be a help to you. 

Mortal Realm: Shyish

Spearhead
- General
- Trait: Magestic Horror 
- Lore of Madness: Deranged Transformation
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Main Body
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (420)
- Artefact: Ethereal Amulet 
- Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Rearguard
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Total: 1000 / 1000

Summonable options in addition to list - 20 Ghouls, 3 Flayers, 2 Varghiests and 1 Infernal Courtier.

What you could do is drop the endless spell and take the AKoZD instead of the AKoTG. 

Otherwise the rules limit configuration unless you go Flayer/Horror heavy with the relevant court allowing them as battleline but the numbers might be rejigging.

Hope this helps 👍

Funny how that Barricade spell shows up so often.

A simple idea, but most likely the best one.

- Grand Court: Blisterskin

Spearhead
- General
- Trait: Hellish Orator
- Artefact: Eye of Hysh
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Main Body
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Zombie Dragon (440)
- Lore of Madness: Monstrous Vigour
- Mount Trait: Razor-clawed
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Rearguard
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Total: 980 / 1000

As my army is themed after Tomb Kings, my grand court has to be Blisterskin. Its only thematic after all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blisterfeet said:

I have finalised my meeting engagements list for a tournament

I believe you will be better of putting Majestic Horror on GKoTG, unless you want to race your ARegent into battle, but in that case maybe pick some fighty trait for him? But I'd personally stick him with the throne and put MH on GKoTG

2 minutes ago, XReN said:

I believe you will be better of putting Majestic Horror on GKoTG, unless you want to race your ARegent into battle, but in that case maybe pick some fighty trait for him? But I'd personally stick him with the throne and put MH on GKoTG

Ah I see your point @XReN as I will get free CP from throne so for redundancy sake if I make GKoTG have MH he can freely summon. 

Would there be any concern with making your GK the general? Or would the benefit of completely free summon outweigh possibility of your general being slain early game?

7 minutes ago, Blisterfeet said:

Ah I see your point @XReN as I will get free CP from throne so for redundancy sake if I make GKoTG have MH he can freely summon. 

Would there be any concern with making your GK the general? Or would the benefit of completely free summon outweigh possibility of your general being slain early game?

Well, it won't be easy for anyone to kill Ethereal GkoTG before he brings in his summons.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Blisterfeet said:

possibility of your general being slain early game?

I only had one ME game with my legion of blood bravery bomb list (failed rock solidly)...

ME is a whole „new“ game to play, all the different unit requirements and stuff. Not sure if first turn kills are even possible without help through suicidal positioning. Big artillery comes in last (exception), big stuff mostly second and the set up area is really tiny in comparison.

whole different kind of playstyle required imo

5 minutes ago, Honk said:

I only had one ME game with my legion of blood bravery bomb list (failed rock solidly)...

ME is a whole „new“ game to play, all the different unit requirements and stuff. Not sure if first turn kills are even possible without help through suicidal positioning. Big artillery comes in last (exception), big stuff mostly second and the set up area is really tiny in comparison.

whole different kind of playstyle required imo

2 hours ago, XReN said:

Well, it won't be easy for anyone to kill Ethereal GkoTG before he brings in his summons.

@Honk this is the impression I am now getting that the small board, screening and limited numbers of troops (we have) you need to be a bit more tactical with how you attack/play. 

What list did you play against? Anything you thought afterwards you would do differently if you were to play today.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Blisterfeet said:

What list did you play against? Anything you thought afterwards you would do differently if you were to play today.

Played Legion of Blood :

spear: vamp with 2 morghast

main: necro, banshee, 5black knights, 10 skellis, mortis engine

rear: wolves

against Khorne:

spear: 5 elite melee

main: thirster, 10 reaver, 10 Warriors

rear: lord with dog, 2 ?korgoroth?

trouble for my list was getting traction and picking up speed. Too depend on positioning, not enough punch to kill the Bloodthirster, too slow to reposition. The necromancer alone with his 10 skellis ran around the whole game, doing nothing. Mortis Engine, knight charge and banshee did nothing against the lord with his monsters.

And then it was gg time...

First try with bravery bombs, still like the approach, but too tricky to pull of for me in a ME game. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Honk said:

Played Legion of Blood :

spear: vamp with 2 morghast

main: necro, banshee, 5black knights, 10 skellis, mortis engine

rear: wolves

against Khorne:

spear: 5 elite melee

main: thirster, 10 reaver, 10 Warriors

rear: lord with dog, 2 ?korgoroth?

trouble for my list was getting traction and picking up speed. Too depend on positioning, not enough punch to kill the Bloodthirster, too slow to reposition. The necromancer alone with his 10 skellis ran around the whole game, doing nothing. Mortis Engine, knight charge and banshee did nothing against the lord with his monsters.

And then it was gg time...

First try with bravery bombs, still like the approach, but too tricky to pull of for me in a ME game. 

After LoG came out I don't see a reason to make Bravery Bomb with Blood anymore, maybe you should try those and cause opponent ear bleed from banshee scream, also, since GWs removed the restriction that Mercenaries can't be from same Grand Alliance - you can bring Flayers along, they will certanly love some Bravery debuffed targets and +1 to hit rolls from their Merc Company

Edited by XReN

3 hours ago, XReN said:

After LoG came out 

Maybe I should look into that 🤣

just ignored that on basis of whining bedsheets...

but it wasn’t really the amount of debuff, but also the amount of damage caused, that puts me off. At 2k you’ll have a bunch (3) of banshees or a terrorgheist and a second engine to cause real damage. In a ME list, you‘ll have to have great positioning and then do 2-5 mortals and that’s it.

Not enough I think, but that flayer idea sounds interesting...

So the everyone has had time to digest the FAQ see the landscape moving forward. 

For those who attend events or clubs what's everyone's 2000 point lists moving forward. Anyone jamming anything different? Are you sticking to your current list? or including an interesting ally or mercenary moving forward?

Secondary question with Slaanesh doing well at recent events, how do you think you are gonna combat that? 

12 minutes ago, Blisterfeet said:

So the everyone has had time to digest the FAQ see the landscape moving forward. 

For those who attend events or clubs what's everyone's 2000 point lists moving forward. Anyone jamming anything different? Are you sticking to your current list? or including an interesting ally or mercenary moving forward?

Secondary question with Slaanesh doing well at recent events, how do you think you are gonna combat that? 

So, my list increased by 70 points - an amount that I used for situational endless spells - Barricade and Geminids

So I just drop them and the list is unchanged, it's probably what I'll be using untill I build my Corpse Cart

Spoiler

Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (420)
- Artefact: Miasmatic Blade 
- Lore of Madness: Spectral Host
- Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Zombie Dragon (440)
- Lore of Madness: Spectral Host
- Mount Trait: Razor-clawed
Abhorrant Archregent (240)
- General
- Trait: Dark Wizardy 
- Artefact: The Dermal Robe 
- Lore of Madness: Deranged Transformation
Crypt Ghast Courtier (60)

Battleline
40 x Crypt Ghouls (360)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Battalions
Ghoul Patrol (180)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Chalice of Ushoran (50)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 99

My Corpse Cart list you've seen a few pages before

I also have a leisure to not worry about Slaanesh, since our only Slaanesh player isn't very competetive

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, XReN said:

since our only Slaanesh player isn't very competetive

He is indulging in his base needs and gets distracted very easily 🤣👍 sound fluffy

1 hour ago, Blisterfeet said:

Anyone jamming anything different? 

I will try out my „chaos“ dwarven artillery... 

soulblight list, flayer list and probably the ghoul horde all want to hear the roar of two cannons (rocket launchers)

oversea work, honeymoon and Wacken Open Air „sadly“ delays all testing till mid august. I‘ll try to cope with scottish whiskey

• Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Honk said:

Wacken Open Air

Sad I couldn't go this year.. was going to be my first time there and in Germany but I started a new job last year and had to part with my PTO. Say hi to Sabaton and Powerwolf (and the countless others I would love to have seen) for me.

I imagine a few of them could inspire some vamp\werewolf list ideas...

Edited by Gwendar
  • Haha 1

I had to adjust...  my preferred list has as its three main elements an archregent, two TG heroes, and a block of 40 ghouls in an otherwise minimum ghoul patrol.  I can still do all of that, but I had to lose the ghoul king on foot that I had been able to afford before.

2 hours ago, Erdemo86 said:

Hi Guys, i want to start a fec Army, do you think they will be still viable in competetive Play?

what do i Need for my first 1000 Points?

are 2 Start Collecting boxes + 1 archregent a good waynto Start?

Start Collecting sets are always a great investment as they have everything a FEC army needs.

2 Sets plus a AAR will give you a well-rounded force, thats only a little light on ghouls.