AoS 2 - Legion of Sacrament Discussion

RuneBrush

On 7/23/2018 at 6:32 PM, Carnelian said:

So umbral spell portal has been rinsed but at least arkhan's command ability has survived the big culling of 23 July 2018

Im kind of surprised that they didn't at least make it once per phase.  Just cast a soul harvest through a spell portal after sinking three command points into first of the mortarchs, and the results were a little silly.

1 hour ago, Sception said:

Im kind of surprised that they didn't at least make it once per phase.  Just cast a soul harvest through a spell portal after sinking three command points into first of the mortarchs, and the results were a little silly.

I did the same yesterday and basically tabled someone turn 1 when it went off twice! 

9 hours ago, Sception said:

Yeah, i think I'm going to be "that guy" for a while.  Will maybe switch to a zombie based list for a couple weeks as penance.  ?

My double cast was against a goblin army so it took out almost all his characters

Then curse of years took out a 40 man night goblin unit! 

It was brutal but a practice game for a tournament so we racked up again. 

I hope that actually works again in the tournie! I 

4 hours ago, KoalaSnok said:

Your amount of CP. Nothing else ;)

Holy jamolee. It might be silly, but boy howdy, do I want a 32 " Amarthine Orb or a 15" Reaper of Souls. Now thats just plain fun. Infact, that almost maked up for the increase in points that Lords of Sacrament got. Anybody else feel like some long range magic artillery?

Maybe orb with portal is also funny... round 1 all across the goodness. 

Has anything been said/clarified about the portal and the locus of shyish effect? Is it really one spell only resolved twice or are they treated as separate spells?

Based on what I learned today, here's a silly little list based on the idea.

Allegiance: Legion of Sacrament
Arkhan The Black Mortarch of Sacrament (320)
- General
- Lore of the Dead: Amaranthine Orb (Vampires)
Vampire Lord On Zombie Dragon(440)
- Deathlance & Shield & Chalice
- Artefact: Shroud of Darkness 
- Lore of the Vampires: Amethystine Pinions
Necromancer (110)
- Lore of the Deathmages: Soul Harvest
Necromancer (110)
- Artefact: Wristbands of Black Gold 
- Lore of the Deathmages: Overwhelming Dread
20 x Chainrasp Horde (160)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
20 x Grimghast Reapers (280)
1 x Corpse Cart (80)
Mortis Engine (180)
Lords of Sacrament (130)
Soulsnare Shackles (20)

Total: 1950 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 113

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Honk said:

Has anything been said/clarified about the portal and the locus of shyish effect? Is it really one spell only resolved twice or are they treated as separate spells?

I don't think there is any need to clarify it, the rules are crystal clear - you resolve the effects of the spell twice. 

• Like 1

I keep seeing everyone put wristband or shroud on the VLoZD. But for me it's a no brainer to put on ethereal amulet from shyish artifacts. 3+ unreadable save if he has a shield which he should. Sooo much more survivable than the shooting artifacts.

18 minutes ago, Smavo said:

I keep seeing everyone put wristband or shroud 

that’s because not everybody is playing with the realm rules or malign sorcery...

otherwise the LoS battalion suddenly is a nobrainer if your shooting out overwhelming dread and fireballs...

Alright, here is a silly list; Arkhans Magic Show featuring: Some spooky ghosts.

Allegiance: Legion of Sacrament
Arkhan The Black Mortarch of Sacrament (320)
- General
- Lore of the Dead: Amaranthine Orb (Vampires)
Necromancer (110)
- Lore of the Deathmages: Overwhelming Dread
Necromancer (110)
- Artefact: Black Gem 
- Lore of the Deathmages: Soul Harvest
Vampire Lord (140)
- Mount: Flying Horror
- Artefact: Shroud of Darkness 
- Lore of the Vampires: Vile Transference
20 x Chainrasp Horde (160)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
20 x Grimghast Reapers (280)
1 x Corpse Cart (80)
Mortis Engine (180)
Lords of Sacrament (130)
Prismatic Palisade (30)
Purple Sun of Shyish (100)
Aethervoid Pendulum (40)
Soulsnare Shackles (20)
Malevolent Maelstrom (20)

Total: 1840 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 104

if it isn't obvious, the plan is to basically create a magicak bunker in one corner or wedge of the map, using the palisade as cover and a charge blocker. Once your hero phase rolls around, its time to just fling everything you've got acrosd the board. Using 3 CP, you should have +18" to your spells, and with the Corpse Cart+Mortis+LoS bonus, a +3, or a +5 with arkhan, to casting.  Once the enemy has properly been flooded with endless spells, your Grimghasts are free to move in to eliminate threats. Meanwhile, the Dire wolves pin down enemy units and let the ES whittle then down. After that turn, Arkhan and co are free to keep throwing Amarthine Orbs, Dreads, Soul Harvest and other spells as I please. The Chainrasps are there to bubble wrap the bunker, and keep them safe from alpha strikes, while the Vampire Lord is there to either give VT Arkhan for some more damage or boosting the Grimghasts. 

I know its not super competative, but it sounds fun as hell to play. Any thoughts on the ES? Or artifacts? 

• Like 1