AoS 2 - Legion of Sacrament Discussion

RuneBrush

Irritated my Stormcast playing friend immensely last night by banging down the Pallisade right in front of his gunline then pushing spells through the portal at him. Making the most of the quality time before he gets the Everpick Comet and uses it to break up the huddled coven of wizards on my side of it ad infinitum.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Irritated my Stormcast playing friend immensely last night by banging down the Pallisade right in front of his gunline then pushing spells through the portal at him. Making the most of the quality time before he gets the Everpick Comet and uses it to break up the huddled coven of wizards on my side of it ad infinitum.  

Yeah that comet is going to be nuts. The scary part is even if you dispell it he can just drop it down again

Any thoughts on using the new NH battalions in LoS?

I think Chainguard with a Mastery of Death General and support characters could be nuts.

2x40 chainrasps, GoS, KoS, KoSoES, Necro and VL? It's 1330pts, But moves 9", one unit gets 4A each at 3+/3+, regenerating 2d6+3d3 in your hero phase, and can come right back if it gets wiped. 

In 1e, battalions had allegiances, in 2e, that doesn't seem to be the case.  If the units are in your army, normally or as allies or both, then it seems you can use the battalion, and the points for the battalion itself do not come from your allies limit.

So then something like this, maybe, could be lots of fun.

Arkhan The Black Mortarch of Sacrament (320)
Necromancer (110)
Necromancer (110)
Vampire Lord On Zombie Dragon(440)
Guardian of Souls with Nightmare Lantern (140)
40 x Chainrasp Horde (280)
40 x Chainrasp Horde (280)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
Umbral Spellportal (60)

Chainguard (120)

Total: 1920 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 130

and if the GoS drops to 120 in the tome as rumored, that leaves it at 1900 even for 3 command points. It might be better with no Behemoths and more little heroes like I suggested earlier, though, I don't know, I like my big models.

Edited by Vortumnas

Played this tonight.  It felt strong.  Basically piled up all the casters, cast spellportal to chuck spells through, cast wall in front of them all to bunker while I played scenario with battleline and VLoZD when necessary.  Second unit of skellies could be anything, especially since you can only Danse one unit anyway.

Arkhan
Necro
Necro
VLoZD
Mortis Engine
2x40 Spear skellies
5 Wolves
Battalion
Spellportal
Palisade

On 7/7/2018 at 8:20 AM, Vortumnas said:

Oh man if you could squeeze some spirit hosts in there that'd pretty much my dream list.

How did palisade work? Was it big enough to hide Arkhan and the Engine effectively?

I had spirit hosts in the list in 1.0 but the points just don't work out well in 2.0  I'm considering dropping the second 40 skellies and the vampire lord for 40 Nighthaunt duders plus buff heroes though.

It was really easy to bunker up with the palisade.  Your opponent has to go pretty far wide to be able to draw line of sight to arkhan through it.  It addresses one of my biggest issues with the list from 1.0, which is Arkhan just getting blown up, so I'm liking it so far.

I am actually curious on just how prevalent Chain Guard will be in LoN armies. While NH may offer the most synergy with NH models, it seems that Chainguard would be an ok way to get artifact and cp since you're taking battleline units and a decent caster (granted he normally can't get the NH spells but with LoS he can technically get the LoN spells unless they FAQ that away.)

3 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

I am actually curious on just how prevalent Chain Guard will be in LoN armies. While NH may offer the most synergy with NH models, it seems that Chainguard would be an ok way to get artifact and cp since you're taking battleline units and a decent caster (granted he normally can't get the NH spells but with LoS he can technically get the LoN spells unless they FAQ that away.)

I assume not at all, thanks to this FAQ. I'm not even sure you can fit an entire Chain Guard in 400 points at the minimum even if you were stubborn. 

.IMG-20180627-WA0009.png?width=716&height

The battalions in the Nighthaunt battletome do not list an allegiance, and nothing in the 2e rules refers to a battalion's allegiance.  The 2e rules do not, for instance, say that units within one of your faction's battalions don't count as allied units.  That seems to be an faq answer written for 1e that does not match the 2e rules at all.

15 hours ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Russ Veal was using 3 units of 6 Spirit Hosts with 3x 5 DW as battleline at the 6 Nations apparently, I wonder how it went down for him. 

What's interesting to me is that he could have gone

- 6 spirit hosts (240)

+1 Necromancer (110)

+Lords of Sacrament Battalion (130)

But I think he had a nighthaunt heavy list before so this could have just been a crossover.

Or maybe 3 units of 6 hosts is just too much to break through with wolves, VLoZD and spells going nuts.

Russ's list for reference:

England - Russ Veal
Allegiance: Legion of Sacrament
Realm: Shyish
Leaders
Arkhan The Black Mortarch of Sacrament (320) - General - Lore of the Dead: Fading Vigour
Vampire Lord On Zombie Dragon (440) - Deathlance - Lore of the Vampires: Vile Transference -Artefact: Ethereal Amulet
Necromancer (110) - Lore of the Deathmages: Overwhelming Dread
Battleline
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
Units
6 x Spirit Hosts (240)
6 x Spirit Hosts (240)
6 x Spirit Hosts (240)
Behemoths
Mortis Engine (180)
Endless Spell
Geminids of Uhl
-Gysh (40)
Total: 1990 / 2000

Here's the rest of the 6 Nations lists in case anyone missed them: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o6QN3xQ8-7ZoCq5XHms-oKn8syebY5HU/view

Guys, how work 

2 Lens of Refraction: This lens channels 
malicious spells away from the bearer and 
their allies. 
Each time a friendly unit within 6" of the 
bearer would suffer any mortal wounds from a 
spell cast by an enemy WIZARD, roll a D3 and 
reduce the number of mortal wounds suffered 
by the result.

With curse of years?

48 minutes ago, choocheelo said:

Guys, how work 

2 Lens of Refraction: This lens channels 
malicious spells away from the bearer and 
their allies. 
Each time a friendly unit within 6" of the 
bearer would suffer any mortal wounds from a 
spell cast by an enemy WIZARD, roll a D3 and 
reduce the number of mortal wounds suffered 
by the result.

With curse of years?

You dont cast Curse of Years against anything near a Lens. Much like most mortal wound spells, Lens completely turns it off, realistically.

Yeah, I forgot and used it anyway on a mate’s Stardrake (which I have killed a couple of times now with CoY) but he was able to negate wounds until I fluffed my 3+ roll. I guess if you’re down to rolling 1+s with only 1 dice left and your opponent has that artefact you’ll have to call it quits as they’d be able to cancel it ad infinitum now.