AoS 2 - Legion of Sacrament Discussion

RuneBrush

It was because of the enemy, i played against him before with other armies and back then he ran 3 Stonehorns/Thundertusks that were always really scary.

Luckily picking decrepify was a great choice, i managed to debuff his stonehorn twice, each time with a 9+ cast so -2 to wound and Damage :) It was very fun to see my graveguard surviving that long against a stonehorn... Normally though i would prefer on of the more common spells.

Artefact choices were again made, considering the enemy army with no missile weapons... I most often play against Tzeentch/Seraphon where i would give my Vlord the 4+ aftersave since he wants to go closer than 8" and it also reduces skink mortals and the -2 to hit to my necromancer. That would result in some nice -3 to hit because of careful sir ( I dont know the exact word, myy english is not as good). Additionally its possible to place the necro out of range of teleporting mw skinks and against bastis i dont need no shooting phase mw safe

53 minutes ago, SchleuderMann2 said:

another quick question, do units that are revived still count as a part of a battalion? I guess not, but the german rulebook doesnt state it clearly. Would be really nice if yes, because revived deathmarch units could move 4" so that only 5" charge would be needed

I'm not a ware of an official ruling, but my interpretation is that they do. All the language around LoN resurrection suggests that you return the same unit that previously died when you use Endless Legions:

"You can use this command ability at the end of your movement phase. If you do so, pick a gravesite that is within 9" of your general, and then pick a friendly Summonable unit that has been destroyed. Set up that unit wholly within 9" of that gravesite and more than 9" from any enemy units."

I take that to mean exactly what it says: You don't summon a new unit, the same unit you had before is returned.

This is nice, because you keep battalion bonuses and battlefield role (which is set at the list building stage; summoned units don't get one). But it can also be a downside: If a unit is hit with a "for the rest of the game" debuff, dies and you resummon it, the debuff sticks around.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SchleuderMann2 said:

that is really nice since it actually makes it much more probable that resummoned units directly make the charge

I don't know about that. Deathmarch bonus movement is in the hero phase while Endless Legions happens at the end of the movement phase, so I don't see how you could resummon and exploit the bonus move in the same turn.

in my battletome it is not especially written that my general has to use endless legions at the end of the movement phase. Therefore i thought it is in the hero phase when he can use this CA. Is there maybe an Faq that i miss?

ok never mind, it was faq`ed long time ago...

Edited by SchleuderMann2
  • Haha 1