AoS 2 - Legion of Sacrament Discussion

RuneBrush

• 3 weeks later...

At a tourney this weekend. Will be the 1st in a while. Gonna run the following. Wish me luck and I'll let you know how I get on! 

Allegiance: Legion of Sacrament
Mortal Realm: Shyish

Leaders
Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon (440)

- General

- Command Trait : Mastery of Death

- Vampiric Sword & Shield & Chalice
- Artefact: Ethereal Amulet
- Lore of the Vampires: Vile Transference
Vampire Lord (140)
- Mount: Nightmare
- Lore of the Vampires: Soulpike
Necromancer (130)
- Lore of the Deathmages: Overwhelming Dread
Necromancer (130)
- Lore of the Deathmages: Fading Vigour
Wight King with Baleful Tomb Blade (120)
- Mount: Steed

Battleline
40 x Skeleton Warriors (280)
- Ancient Spears
- Ancient Spears
20 x Chainrasp Horde (160)

Units
10 x Black Knights (240)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Extra Command Point (50)
Malevolent Maelstrom (10)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 154

Edited by lare2

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/14/2019 at 7:25 PM, lare2 said:

At a tourney this weekend. Will be the 1st in a while. Gonna run the following. Wish me luck and I'll let you know...

Forgot about this. I got trounced... generally by Fyreslayers who I played twice! Managed to pick up 1 win out of 5 - good weekend though. Need more practise again!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I played a game vs Slaanesh with this list:

Leaders
Arkhan the Black Mortarch of Sacrament (360)
- General
- Lore of the Dead: Fading Vigour (Deathmages)
Necromancer (130)
- Deathlance & Shield & Chalice

Battleline
- Ancient Blades
- Ancient Spears
10 x Zombies (60)
10 x Zombies (60)
10 x Zombies (60)
 I had used zombies as a screen 2.5" in front of skelletons in order to  pilling 3" with skeletons in the moment that his keepers carge the zombies. The zombies was separated 1" among them for the pass of bases smaller 1" of the skelletons and grave guard.
Units
10 x Grave Guard (140)
- Great Wight Blades
10 x Grave Guard (140)
- Great Wight Blades

Total: 1950 / 2000
Wounds: 160

I don't remember his spells and the battalion that he used:

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Syll'Esskan Host
Mortal Realm: Aqshy

Leaders
Syll'Esske, the Vengeful Allegiance (200)
Shalaxi Helbane (340)
- Living Whip
Infernal Enrapturess, Herald of Slaanesh (140)
The Contorted Epitome (200)
Keeper of Secrets (360)
- Ritual Knife
- Artefact: Thermalrider Cloak

Battleline
5 x Chaos Warriors (90)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
5 x Chaos Warriors (90)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
5 x Chaos Warriors (90)
- Hand Weapon & Shield

Units
1 x Seeker Chariots (120)
1 x Chaos Warshrine (160)

Mesmerising Mirror (60)

Total: 1850 / 2000

Battle in Knife to The Heart. Realm Ghur.

Summary: major victory for Slaanesh in only 3 rounds. Killed points: Slaanesh: 640points and two revived units of 10 grave guard and 40 skelletons.  LN kill only 0p of Slaanesh.

Any idea for winning vs slaanesh with legions of nagash?

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Sartxac said:

Hello, I played a game vs Slaanesh with this list:

Leaders
Arkhan the Black Mortarch of Sacrament (360)
- General
- Lore of the Dead: Fading Vigour (Deathmages)
Necromancer (130)

Battleline
- Ancient Blades
- Ancient Spears
10 x Zombies (60)
10 x Zombies (60)
10 x Zombies (60)
 I had used zombies as a screen 2.5" in front of skelletons in order to  pilling 3" with skeletons in the moment that his keepers carge the zombies. The zombies was separated 1" among them for the pass of bases smaller 1" of the skelletons and grave guard.
Units
10 x Grave Guard (140)
- Great Wight Blades
10 x Grave Guard (140)
- Great Wight Blades

Total: 1950 / 2000
Wounds: 160

I don't remember his spells and the battalion that he used:

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Syll'Esskan Host
Mortal Realm: Aqshy

Leaders
Syll'Esske, the Vengeful Allegiance (200)
Shalaxi Helbane (340)
- Living Whip
Infernal Enrapturess, Herald of Slaanesh (140)
The Contorted Epitome (200)
Keeper of Secrets (360)
- Ritual Knife
- Artefact: Thermalrider Cloak

Battleline
5 x Chaos Warriors (90)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
5 x Chaos Warriors (90)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
5 x Chaos Warriors (90)
- Hand Weapon & Shield

Units
1 x Seeker Chariots (120)
1 x Chaos Warshrine (160)

Mesmerising Mirror (60)

Total: 1850 / 2000

Battle in Knife to The Heart. Realm Ghur.

Summary: major victory for Slaanesh in only 3 rounds. Killed points: Slaanesh: 640points and two revived units of 10 grave guard and 40 skelletons.  LN kill only 0p of Slaanesh.

Any idea for winning vs slaanesh with legions of nagash?

Legion of blood, orb of enchantment.

42 minutes ago, Grimoriano said:

Legion of blood, orb of enchantment.

The problem is that he played with a ball of Syll'Esske, the Vengeful Allegiance, Shalaxi, keeper of secrets and seeker chariot. With the orb only one of his leaders don't fight, my dragon continues to fight last and need to resist a enormous quantity of attacks.

And he wins 20-30 points for invocations every round...

18 hours ago, Sartxac said:

The problem is that he played with a ball of Syll'Esske, the Vengeful Allegiance, Shalaxi, keeper of secrets and seeker chariot. With the orb only one of his leaders don't fight, my dragon continues to fight last and need to resist a enormous quantity of attacks.

And he wins 20-30 points for invocations every round...

Dragon as general (-1 to hit) and ethereal, so he can resist... u have 1wound minions to counter his summon ability, his best hero die in 1 turn thanks to the orb, just use ur hordes to take objetive, res them with tombs, debuff their threats  with necros, etc.

Edit: I always use deathmarch, or another battalion (thats why I put 2 artefacts)

Edited by Grimoriano
Forgeot something
  • Thanks 2

• 7 months later...
2 hours ago, lare2 said:

if I'm reading it right

Choose a point within 8“ then roll for each unit within 3“.

on a roll of 6 one model dies (wounded first).

not sure how this works with the „scrying pool“ from the coven throne. It says „reroll a single roll for this model“... 🧐

Since the roll is for another unit, it might not apply 🤔

4 hours ago, Honk said:

Since the roll is for another unit, it might not apply 🤔

...I don't see why not! Off the top of my head, I don't know of any faq saying otherwise.

Edited by lare2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, lare2 said:

...I don't see why not! Of the top of my head, I don't know of any faq saying otherwise.

Well, the rule for the orb says (in German) please roll FOR EACH UNIT. Implementing, that the unit rolls, not the model throwing the orb. Tricky to say without the „original“ rules.

the scrying pool says „REROLL FOR THIS UNIT“... for me, you might save yourself from the orb, but don’t get two shots at Teclic.

the way I would play it, without something official, before debating against a very sour opponent.
Don’t know how the ruling FAQ on The scrying pool was, fe concerning the priority roll, since that would not be (raw) a roll/reroll from the model. On the other hand the translation doesn’t say each unit rolls a dice... damn you GDubs!!!

Edited by Honk
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/24/2020 at 9:23 AM, JackThorne said:

Is it worth it? 

Depends, a necro has it‘s own spell, can redirect damage but the wightking has a better safe and has a command ability for deathrattle... and he‘s 10points cheaper,
but as the general, who is supposed to resurrect units, not sure if he isn’t too squishy

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Honk said:

Depends, a necro has it‘s own spell, can redirect damage but the wightking has a better safe and has a command ability for deathrattle... and he‘s 10points cheaper,
but as the general, who is supposed to resurrect units, not sure if he isn’t too squishy

So a better idea in lower point games, if at all.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JackThorne said:

So a better idea in lower point games, if at all

Think about a deathmarch only army, not really competitive, but trve with an extra pointy V...

wight, necro, vamp, mortis 

3x10skellis, 20guards, 10 knights 

Deathmarch battalion

1480pts

In the current meta probably lacking, but might be fun and the CAs could push a unit to extremes...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I am considering getting a Legion of Nagash army as my first AoS army to get back into the hobby after a few years of a hiatus. Is it still worth getting into LoN at the moment due to the battletome being so old? I was thinking of getting an army to the vein of this:

LEADERS
Neferata Mortarch of Blood (340)
Arkhan the Black Mortarch of Sacrament (360)
Necromancer (130)
UNITS
40 x Skeleton Warriors (280)
- Ancient Blades
5 x Dire Wolves (70)
5 x Dire Wolves (70)
30 x Grimghast Reapers (420)
10 x Hexwraiths (260)
ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS
Extra Command Point (50)

The idea is to have 3 good units that I can revive with the skellis, the reapers and the wraiths. The Mortarchs and necro are there to provide magical support. I could perhaps drop Neferata for Manfred. This army is a good base because I can get the most out of two Skeleton Horde start collecting boxes and I love the look of the Mortarchs.

What do you guys think?

11 hours ago, Barnie25 said:

What do you guys think?

If you’re planning friendly games, no problem.

Otherwise the mortarchs are too squishy and too expensive (except for Arkham, maybe). You could think about a Start Collecting FEC Box for 3 vargheists and a vamplord on dragon, if you’re really crafty magnetizable into a terrorgheist...
the book is old and it starts to show, no, it just is old, but the variety and options it brings are superb for friendly casual games.

I field double terrorgheist legion of night ambushes or 60 zombies  with roughly 25hp regeneration per turn or super elite double dragon soulblight lists, all with various success but with a lot of fun. LoNagash has one of the most divers unit range, which look and behave differently. 
F U Stormy Stormboys, cities of sigboy and chaos ascended, if the Range there is useful don‘t know don‘t care, hail Nagash!!!

10 minutes ago, Honk said:

If you’re planning friendly games, no problem.

Otherwise the mortarchs are too squishy and too expensive (except for Arkham, maybe). You could think about a Start Collecting FEC Box for 3 vargheists and a vamplord on dragon, if you’re really crafty magnetizable into a terrorgheist...
the book is old and it starts to show, no, it just is old, but the variety and options it brings are superb for friendly casual games.

I field double terrorgheist legion of night ambushes or 60 zombies  with roughly 25hp regeneration per turn or super elite double dragon soulblight lists, all with various success but with a lot of fun. LoNagash has one of the most divers unit range, which look and behave differently. 
F U Stormy Stormboys, cities of sigboy and chaos ascended, if the Range there is useful don‘t know don‘t care, hail Nagash!!!

I was kind of expecting that answer. Its sad that they have ignored LoN for as long as they have as I do believe that they would sell lots more models if the rules / model range would get updated.

1 hour ago, Barnie25 said:

I do believe that they would sell lots more models if the rules / model range would get updated.

Well, that’s not the GDubs-Way anymore (sadly)... they threw out the Bonereapers as a very strong Death faction, but the direction their management and controllers are going looks pretty clear and annoying to me.

As stated elsewhere (by me 😅) min model range, max power to built up incentives to buy in... profit, rinse and repeat 

only exception may be stupid posterboys which just get stuff added to compensate for the powercreep

Just now, Honk said:

Well, that’s not the GDubs-Way anymore (sadly)... they threw out the Bonereapers as a very strong Death faction

I have strongly considered Bonereapers as a faction but ultimately found their core playstyle quite dull, to defensive and focused on grinding out games instead of taking the game to your opponent and really winning the game. Guess I will be deciding between Ironjaws and FEC for my future army then.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Barnie25 said:

Guess I will be deciding between Ironjaws and FEC for my future army then.

As a Noble King of trusty Knights I can only recommend the brotherhood and chivalry the Bretonnian Courts bring...

the start collecting box has great value and is very compatible with all lists. But it prooves exactly the point I made, one battleline, two elite units, two monster which double as mounts for heroes which they have 7 of... The Regent, 3 Kings, 3 similar courtiers and the pricey Varghulf.

Just not as divers as LoN and nothing funky to play around with imo. I like my flayer GkoTg list, pretty strong, but that’s about it...

same goes for Ironjawz, seven units TOTAL... boys, brutes, gruntas, then shaman, cheerleader and two bosses.

Edited by Honk

• 2 months later...

Played my First Game with LOS today against BCR and I must say I am quite happy with the results.

My List was

Leaders
Necromancer (130)
- Lore of the Deathmages: Decrepify
Wight King with Baleful Tomb Blade (120)
- Mount: Steed
- Artefact: Black Gem
- General
- Command Trait: Mastery of Death
- Artefact: Azyrbane Standard

Battleline
- Ancient Spears
10 x Skeleton Warriors (80)
- Ancient Blades
10 x Skeleton Warriors (80)
- Ancient Blades

Units
15 x Black Knights (360)
30 x Grave Guard (360)
- Great Wight Blades

Battalions
Deathmarch (150)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 144

His List was about

Allegiance: Ogor Mawtribes
- Mawtribe: Bloodgullet

Leaders
Frostlord on Stonehorn (400)
Butcher (140)
- Cleaver
Slaughtermaster (140)

Battleline
12 x Ogor Gluttons (400)
- Clubs or Blades with Iron Fists

Units
8 x Leadbelchers (320)
8 x Ironguts (440)

Battalions
Goremand (140)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Wounds: 139

Hegave my first turn so i ran and charged the knights 25" into his gluttons and killed them with vanhels and lord of bones. They died but hey, we can revive and ogors not. In his turn he destroyed my 40 skeleton and 30 grave guard... but in my turn i could bring back knights and GG (720 pts for 2 CP) My Vampire Lord killed in several combat phases his iron guts and GG killed leadbelcher and handled his Frostlord since the necro could debuff him twice with a 9+ .

Point wise i won with little difference but i the end i had only lost 20 skeletons and the wight king while he was tabled.

So although my list has no standard hard hitters like 30 reapers or morghast, its quite fun because u can revive so much and have enough models to hold objectives :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, SchleuderMann2 said:

Played my First Game with LOS today against BCR and I must say I am quite happy with the results.

My List was

[...]

Congratulations on winning! I run nearly the same list with some minor variations.

What made you decide on Decrepify on your Necromancer over the usual Overwhelming Dread or Fading Vigor? Is it because you knew your opponent was bringing a Frostlord on Stonehorn or do you generally bring this spell?

And about your artefact choices: I am personally always scared to lose heroes to shooting (or at least get them bracketed into uselessness in case of the VLoZD). Have you considered the Shroud of Darkness/Wristbands of Black Gold on any of your heroes?