AoS 2 - Legion of Sacrament Discussion

RuneBrush

Hey fellow legionaries of totally not tomb kings!

I recently took our favourite tongueless bootlicker to a local tournament and ran away with 2nd place! (ended up with a by in the first round due too uneven numbers) All battles where in chamon.

Here's the list I brought:

Lords of sacrament battalion:

Arkhan (general, soul harvest)

necro (black gold bracers, decrepify)

necro (spectral grasp)

mortis engine

VLoZD (Vile transference, shroud of darkness, lance)

dire wolves X5

dire wolves X5

skeletons X30 (swords)

grave guard X10 (greatblades)

corpse cart (goad, lodestone)

Glaivewraith stalkers X4 (drummer)

Purchased command points X1

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

What Nighthaunt units are usable and actually useful for LoS?

I‘ve heard the powergamers take chainrasps horde or grimghast reapers... faster and more durable.

the full list is in the faq and the wizzards don‘t get access to lore of death spells.

46AB5F77-98F7-413E-BD29-F8F193649812.jpeg

1 hour ago, Honk said:

I‘ve heard the powergamers take chainrasps horde or grimghast reapers... faster and more durable.

the full list is in the faq and the wizzards don‘t get access to lore of death spells.

46AB5F77-98F7-413E-BD29-F8F193649812.jpeg

Good to know. Nighthaunt heroes would need to be 'allied' in then? Maybe a wizard for the Nighthaunt endless spells if they are any good that is

5 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Nighthaunt heroes would need to be 'allied' in then?

The „not-in-the-list heroes“ like Lady O, briarqueen or ?Kudross? need to be allied in, with all detrimental effects (deathless etc.).

not sure about the endless spells... the summoning rules of the hourglass, reaper and vault state: summon by Nagash or nighthaunt wizzards. So your guardian of souls, who only gained extra legion keyword and didn’t lose the nighthaunt keyword, he is totally fine to summon them. They should count into the allied points though...

Edited by Honk

27 minutes ago, Honk said:

The „not-in-the-list heroes“ like Lady O, briarqueen or ?Kudross? need to be allied in, with all detrimental effects (deathless etc.).

not sure about the endless spells... the summoning rules of the hourglass, reaper and vault state: summon by Nagash or nighthaunt wizzards. So your guardian of souls, who only gained extra legion keyword and didn’t lose the nighthaunt keyword, he is totally fine to summon them. They should count into the allied points though...

Are those spells useful at all? 

EDIT: also can Nighthaunt battalions be allied in?

Edited by Malakithe

9 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Are those spells useful at all? 

Don’t play bedsheets, don’t know...  they all deal mortal wounds, the scythe and the hourglass seem too tricky to pull off without shooting in your own food.

if your fielding arkhan with his +6 range command, the vault could be a nice horde killer (all models within 6“, MWs on 6) and explosion after 20mw within 6“ for d6mw. But as a predatory spell it moves 8“, for whoever goes second that round. 

For 40 points it could be useful to mess up some big blobs.

You could ally in a nighthaunt battalion, if your game is big enough, max. 20%,  models+battalion points. You also have to ally in nighthaunt models that could be taken in LoN... so tricky to stay <400

Edited by Honk

Hi again! Noobquestion again sorry:

Got in an heated argument last game when i used Arkhans spell "Curse of the years" and manage to ge the roll all the way down to 1's, and to my knowledge the unit is insta slain since you do mortal wounds on +1 and you can't roll lower than 1 so it just keeps doing mortal wounds untill the unit is slain? Killed my friends unit of 30 orruks with this spell.

Am i wrong or? Since rolling a 1 is not always a fail, only hit, wound and save rolls. So this spell should not go under the rules of 1+?

And i think i read somewhere  a long time ago in FAQ or errata that the unit is slain regardless of wounds or any special abilities it may have or something like that.

Is there an FAQ or Errata for this spell i could find to show my friends?

Oh, and there was also alot of arguments that Arkhan is way to strong in Legion of sacrament with a +4 to casting withing the range of a mortis engine.
What do you think?

Thanks!

26 minutes ago, MrRoff said:

when i used Arkhans spell "Curse of the years"

Designers commentary...

2C2E43B3-1D77-49AA-9414-C71BA49C1286.jpeg

Mortal wound saves would still apply thou.

And yes, Arkhan is way to strong in magic to keep him alive, shoot him down asap, has only 11hp and a 4+, no problem.

For 320 points he is really a strong choice...

Edited by Honk

4 minutes ago, MrRoff said:

find false fact like my freinds found on reddit.

I‘ve spreaded lies and fake news right here, like it’s my job...

still not sure about the death battalion things, sometimes german rules lack the grammatical punchline I would like them to have.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Bradifer said:

Did we ever reach consensus on the best combination of  endless spells and debuffs for our armies?

my favorites are Overwhelming Dread and Fading vigor for my necromancers...

my vamps and mortarchs are rocking vile transference, suicide vamps might bring an orb to the party. Pinions are not used, mostly because it’s vile transference first for big champs (throne or dragon) and the small one is fast enough and in an offensive enough position to get some value out of the orb.

I don’t have the ES but I guess the portal could be nice with Nagash/ Arkhan for Hand of dust, curse of years or soul harvest bombs

shackles for board control maybe or the vortex for a necromancer working double time, but the costs are kinda not worth it.

predatory spells are too swingy except for the pendulum 🙀

7 hours ago, Sorceress said:

one day I intend to try a necromancer with soul harvest, balewind vortex and Arkhans command power to drop d3 mortal wounds on everything in 15 inches. 

I've played this before with Soul harvest on Arkhan, double stack his command ability, cast it through spell portal and rolled the natural 9+ for it to go off twice.  
Big exploding portal up the board is a nice thing to have while people stress about curse of years.

8 hours ago, Honk said:

Not sure if that is allowed through the portal after the newest faq... since only one spell may pass, while your 9+ results in a second spell, kinda.

Only 1 spell can go through, the wording on Locus of Shyish is you resolve the effects twice, it's still only from the one spell cast.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2019 at 9:02 AM, Sorceress said:

one day I intend to try a necromancer with soul harvest, balewind vortex and Arkhans command power to drop d3 mortal wounds on everything in 15 inches. 

Love it. 

*frantically tries to clear 40pts in list to fit in a balewind vortex*

Edited by lare2

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody says it like good old Joey DeMaio:

Their bodies set at the foot of your fire
With oxen , sheep and two of your hounds
Your funeral Pyre high off the ground
Hector's body dragged three times around
I will carry the torch to your funeral Pyre
I will ask of the wind to send high your fire
Hector's blood will not be washed from my body
Until your body is burned
A prophecy spoken a promise fulfilled
More blood will be spilled, more will be killed

3 hours ago, Honk said:

More blood will be spilled, more will be killed

Well I'm definitely planning on making a fair amount of kindling! Will post how I get on next week when I'm back at work... pretending to work. 

• Haha 1