AoS 2 - Legion of Blood Discussion

RuneBrush

2 hours ago, Zaerion said:

How is that only general can resurect? can you point me to where in the battle tome/ rules?  Are we talking about the hability Deathly Invocation?

because i see that necromancers, and vampire lords have this hability so i dont understand the thing that only general can resurect thank you!

I think you are probably talking about endless legions , then it makes sense ok! thx

Right. Resurrect a unit- not just models. Which if you use your dragon as your general and it inevitably dies to the entire opponents army attacking it because they have no real choice, you lose out on bringing back full units. 

One perhaps trivial reflection on LoB at the moment is that the possibilities for competitive lists are very few indeed. Most of what I have seen and/or play with would include:

- 1 or 2 VLoZD, one of which usually etheral. Artefacts other than the Amulet are very rarely seen - for obvious reasons. 3 VLoZDs is real fun, but you need bodies to win certain battleplans. Neferata doesn't cut it, particularly as she has to be your general. Vhordrai is actually inferior to a VLoZD in Legion of Blood, even when buffed (the CA ability on the VLoZD gets you real close to Vhordrai with his own spell on).

- Dogs as battleline / screens. Skeletons are also failry common, albeit I believe that people are starting to realize that being slow might be a huge issue when everything else in your army moves real fast.

- 5, 10, maybe even 15/20 Blood Knights. This is their Legion after all (+1 attack each is too good to ignore).

- Skeletons to fill up. I go for Reapers, insanely good but costly, but I haven't seem them around much (can't understand why - they won many a game...).

And that's it. Ok, -ish, but you'll have to admit the variations are not many, nor substantials. The bravery bomb is not a competitive option, the one and only battallion available to LoB is awful. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy playing this army a lot, it's a small list with few things to remember but lots of subtetly required in moving around Blood Knights and the like - and thinking a turn or two ahead. It's great fun, and I love the lore too much to not be happy with it - competitive or not. 

I just wish for a few new models with decent warscrolls that might fall under the favoured retainer label, and perhaps some decent battalions (the fact that we can't use Castellans of the Crimson Keep in LoB is so unfair!). Plus, LoB = Blood Knights, let's face it, and I believe that our faith, to be quantified in the endless hours most of us dedicated to convert these models from basically everything under th (Purple) sun, will have to be rewarded at some point.

Meanwhile, I'm reading "The Dominion of Bones", and a few chapters in I'm already thinking: for the undying glory of the Great Necromancer, our beautiful queen Neferata deserves some outrageous, Gotrek-like upgrades, along the lines of a 3+ shrug and a damage 6 weapon, otherwise the lore just doesn't make sense ;) 

Let us keep the faith, brothers and sisters - our Martial Fury shall be righteously feared once more soon enough, of that I am hopeful (for no good reason at all, but hey...)!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thamalys said:

I just wish for a few new models with decent warscrolls that might fall under the favoured retainer label, and perhaps some decent battalions (the fact that we can't use Castellans of the Crimson Keep in LoB is so unfair!). Plus, LoB = Blood Knights, let's face it, and I believe that our faith, to be quantified in the endless hours most of us dedicated to convert these models from basically everything under th (Purple) sun, will have to be rewarded at some point.

Based on this thread, an argument can be made that Castellans of the Crimson Keep CAN in fact be used in LoB. 

It is a real grey area because LoN Battletome uses some old (AOS 1.0) terminology and references. However, even if we can use Castellans of the Crimson Keep, it doesn't change the fact that LON needs some serious updates in Battalion choices. With Orb of Enchantment being REALLY good for shutting down big things like Keepers of Secrets it's hard to justify taking a one time use artifact over the Ethereal Amulet. Subsaquently, to get a second artifact slot, it requires very expensive battalion(s) in LoB. I absolutely love LoB with the lore etc. However in a competitive environment I've been looking at other options and the new Slaves to Darkness really has my interest. 

• Like 1

On 12/3/2019 at 12:31 AM, Ignatius "Nate" T said:

Hey all just a couple quick updates to my recent experiences. I’ve been trying to cram as many games as possible with my Legion of Blood as possible. 

AD08C73B-4F3D-4C83-AB97-507049488F5C.jpeg

How do you do this pretty conversion? I love it.

On 12/3/2019 at 12:31 AM, Ignatius "Nate" T said:

On 12/6/2019 at 8:26 AM, Thamalys said:

One perhaps trivial reflection on LoB at the moment is that the possibilities for competitive lists are very few indeed. Most of what I have seen and/or play with would include:

- 1 or 2 VLoZD, one of which usually etheral. Artefacts other than the Amulet are very rarely seen - for obvious reasons. 3 VLoZDs is real fun, but you need bodies to win certain battleplans. Neferata doesn't cut it, particularly as she has to be your general. Vhordrai is actually inferior to a VLoZD in Legion of Blood, even when buffed (the CA ability on the VLoZD gets you real close to Vhordrai with his own spell on).

- Dogs as battleline / screens. Skeletons are also failry common, albeit I believe that people are starting to realize that being slow might be a huge issue when everything else in your army moves real fast.

- 5, 10, maybe even 15/20 Blood Knights. This is their Legion after all (+1 attack each is too good to ignore).

- Skeletons to fill up. I go for Reapers, insanely good but costly, but I haven't seem them around much (can't understand why - they won many a game...).

And that's it. Ok, -ish, but you'll have to admit the variations are not many, nor substantials. The bravery bomb is not a competitive option, the one and only battallion available to LoB is awful. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy playing this army a lot, it's a small list with few things to remember but lots of subtetly required in moving around Blood Knights and the like - and thinking a turn or two ahead. It's great fun, and I love the lore too much to not be happy with it - competitive or not.

I was testing lists for ages trying to get anything to work competitively but I have been forced into a decent list but isn't overly blood themed.

Basically you drop blood knights and take black knights (because they are way better based on their points and being summonable).  You take a bunch of spirit hosts (9-12) as your big block to dish out mortal wounds and take out the problem units like Nagash.  You take direwolves as a flanking objective grabber, chainrasps for the ethereal objective holding (everyone is taking rend these days) and you have your standard big block of skellies usually in the middle to seize that objective.  You can probably chop and change the battleline a bit but ethereal is too good of a rule to ignore and you absolutely need to spam summonable to do well.  Finally with your heroes you are looking to spread the points out, lots of necromancers and probably a vampire lord or two are key.  I am going to keep one of the VloZD, one vampire lord and 2 necromancers and that should be enough I feel to get by.

It sucks that you can't take lots of units that are benefiting from the blood rules but we are honestly stuck like the rest of the legions armies in that to be truely competitive you need to maximise our biggest benefit which is the summonable rule.  If you have 3-4 big units that are roughly 150+ points and can bring them back for 1cp and do that 2+ times per game you are basically running 2300+ points which tips the scales a bit more in our favour.  Blood is still great on your heroes because adding an extra attack to all of the vampire lords weapons is still really potent.

27 minutes ago, Death1942 said:

Blood is still great on your heroes because adding an extra attack to all of the vampire lords weapons is still really potent.

I like your idea of list (big fan of Spirit Hosts, for one thing!), but let's face it, there is no reason to run it as a Legion of Blood list. Yes, +1 attack on all the VLoZD melee weapon is fantastic, but that's it. Your regular vampire lord doesn't want to get into combat with anything serious (5 wounds?! In my experience, it never lives long enough to drink from his chalice!), so quite literally that's it. You're running Legions of Blood for a single VLoZD. And the -1 bravery thing, ok, but other legions have other means to achieve that, and it's not the one thing you can/should rely on.

With two/three VLoZDs and two/three units of Blood Knights, you are getting a lot of +1 attacks for free, which, I believe, is the true strength of this Legion.  In my list (and many others, I am sure), everything aside of direwolves can and will delete things when they connect. Which makes the games really interesting, because this is an objective game - killing stuff is positively useful, but potentially not sufficient.

Hence my reasoning about the need for new units with the +1 attack bonus. They don't have to be outrageous like Blood Knights, and they can and should do well in other Legions as well - but they should give us room to come up with more diverse competitive lists that are still "proper" LoB lists.

Very personal reflection, of course. Perhaps I am just not-so-secretely pining for new vampire models after all...

Fair points, I have found that blood knights (despite the points drop) are just not up to scratch in the current game.  At most they heal 1 wound per turn, they gain a bonus against non rend which is a non factor these days and their damage isn't consistent enough unless you get off a charge and wipe out units every turn.  They are set up to be your big hammer unit but in reality they are only good for crushing screens and smaller units on the flanks.  In all of my games (in a fairly competitive scene) my opponents are able to either focus them down and wipe them out quickly, or they are able to throw way more screens than I can clear at them to stop their devastating charges.

I agree with you in that maximizing the +1 attack is good but competitively speaking with the options we are given, spamming spells (Necromancers, vampire lords) for the 9+ double cast and spamming summonable to throw bodies at your opponent is our most potent weapons.  +15 attacks on your blood knights lances (and +15 horse attacks) coupled with +4 attacks on the VloZD (I think, can't remember how many weapons atm) and a few more attacks on a foot vampire are certainly nothing to sneeze at but compare that to +1 save for your entire army and other similar faction abilities and it just doesn't stack up.

I really really want a decent rework as legion of blood are my favorite legion but until Nef drops down a chunk in points and blood knights either get a warscroll rework or a bigger drop in points I just don't see a traditional list working.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Death1942 said:

I have found that blood knights (despite the points drop) are just not up to scratch in the current game.  At most they heal 1 wound per turn, they gain a bonus against non rend which is a non factor these days and their damage isn't consistent enough unless you get off a charge and wipe out units every turn.  They are set up to be your big hammer unit but in reality they are only good for crushing screens and smaller units on the flanks.  In all of my games (in a fairly competitive scene) my opponents are able to either focus them down and wipe them out quickly, or they are able to throw way more screens than I can clear at them to stop their devastating charges.

It is very true that BKs can and will whiff, I do agree. Everything you need is a command point, though. Your VLoZD CA can make them re roll all failed hits. Raiders and mounts as well. They have been deleting very serious stuff for me when buffed,  even when forced into not getting a charge. It is also true that it’s tricky to heal them, but aside for the 1 wound upon a killing we have Vile Transferance, the Emerald Swarm... and, I am very happy to feed dire wolves into the opponent for the entire game. I have multiple units of dogs, 70 pts each is not much for killing points and they come back easily enough. Not to mention the healing... gravesites and heroes alike, their staying power is not zero.

I agree with you in that maximizing the +1 attack is good but competitively speaking with the options we are given, spamming spells (Necromancers, vampire lords) for the 9+ double cast and spamming summonable to throw bodies at your opponent is our most potent weapons.

Granted - but the Locus of Shyish is there for other Legions as well. That’s what LoN and LoS do best, I guess, but it’s not LoB?

I really really want a decent rework as legion of blood are my favorite legion but until Nef drops down a chunk in points and blood knights either get a warscroll rework or a bigger drop in points I just don't see a traditional list working.

I’m definitely with you as it concerns Neferata - our takes on BKs might differ, but about Our Beautiful Queen there is no question at all!

On 12/11/2019 at 6:40 PM, Thamalys said:
On 12/10/2019 at 10:54 PM, Death1942 said:

I’m definitely with you as it concerns Neferata - our takes on BKs might differ, but about Our Beautiful Queen there is no question at all!

Well, Neferata just went down 40 pts - it’s a start!

I get that Legion of Blood aren't top tier but I've been playing them a while and I don't get some of the complaints, they're comfortably mid tier with Nef even before the points drop. Bit of a dump here but I felt these comments about Nef and LoB not being any good are inaccurate.

This is what I took to Blood and Glory, I didn't exactly smash face but I was happy with 3-1 and a forfeit to watch the rugby day 1:

Neferata

VLOZD with Eth Amulet

2 x 5 Blood Knights

2 x 10 Hexwraiths

3 x 5 Dire Wolves

------

Since Blood and Glory I've removed the Blood Knights as whilst they can hit pretty hard on the charge they just melt in return to most things. New list looks like this:

Neferata

VLOZD with Eth Amulet

Vampire Lord on Foot

Black Coach

2 x 10 Hexwraiths

3 x 5 Dire Wolves

It is absolutely disgusting to try and kill. Front screen is Dogs, behind those are Hexwraiths. Most of the time the opponent will be -2 to hit against your 4+ ethereal Hexwraiths with a 6+ death save. Once you've received the charge unless they do 20 wounds into your Hexwraiths you're then replacing D3 models from the black coach, plus you'll likely have 5-7 rolls from Graveyards and Heroes returning a model on a 3+. It's just fantastic at the attrition game. If you need an opponents objective, just retreat with your super fast Hexwraiths over them and sit on it. If they do manage to kill them all, bringing 10 Hexwraiths back for 1 cp is great.

It comes undone a bit to magic, but against a combat army (and often shooting if you march Neffy up early) it can completely neuter them.

I'm not saying it's top tier, but it's competitive, and my second list there just went down another 80pts so you could upgrade the Vampire on foot to something else (Olynder, Reikenor or Kurdoss(+ a cp), 2nd Black Coach are all options)

22 minutes ago, StokieRich said:

Bit of a dump here but I felt these comments about Nef and LoB not being any good are inaccurate.

Glad to hear you have been having some success with Neferata. In light of the points drop I might consider to get her back into my list - I reall want to! My comments about Our Beautiful Queen not being good mostly revolved around her being squishy. If your opponent kills your General (and she has to be your general, which makes sense with respect to the lore, obviously, but it is quite a problem when trying to build a LoB list in my opinion) your game is almost always uphill, especially if you lose her within the first two turns - even turn three or four is quite bad, though, as that's when you probably need to bring stuff back.

In the current meta we now have quite a few shooty builds (Cities of Sigmar, Skavens, Seraphons, Overlords... the list goes on) as well as a few Mortal Wounds-heavy lists (Tzeench first and foremost, but some Cities of Sigmar and other factions can also go for that option). Against any of those, is very difficult to keep Neferata alive: her 4+ is not great, and it gets unrendable only if you successfuly cast her spell (Dark Mist), which is a gamble and is not always there (turns priorities). 11 wounds is also not great, and her healing is awful: you don't want to get her into combat (as she sucks at it) hence she very rarely heals the two wounds via the Mortarch of Blood Ability.  Her Command Ability is awesome, but it costs CPs, and it's almost impossible to farm them within a LoB list, as the Battalions we have available are not strong options and the usual Aetherquartz Brooch is a gamble on a 5+ (same as Kurdoss' ability, he just dropped in points to 180, but still). Crucially, even at full health, Twilight's Allure has 15" range. Most shooting is very much happy with a 24" range or so, which makes the whole point mute. Finally, no artefacts on named characters, so no Gryph-feather Charm and the like. You can get lucky if you stumble onto a massive Overgrown piece of terrain, but in that case she is probably hidden somewhere, not doing anything useful.

Think of what you get instead with a Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon as your general: you can make him etheral or flat -1 to hit via an artefact, 3+ save (pure filth if etheral), 3 wounds more, healing via his Chalice of Blood, The Hunger (this guy kills things, so yes, you want them in combat and he will survive) and Vile Transference as well (which you could put on Neferata as well, sure, but Overwhelming Dread is too good for her). If you pick Aura of Dark Majesty as your command trait, the guy is -1 to hit in command for free, no CPs to be used (artefact + command trait = - 2 to hit in combat, for free. Insane). I love Neferata's model, I love her lore, and I am glad that she went down to 340, but for 100 pts more you get a general that doesn't die that easily (if at all) and can both sit on objectives and delete almost everything for 1 CP (with his own command ability on, a Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon can kill most things at will).

40 minutes ago, StokieRich said:

Neferata

VLOZD with Eth Amulet

2 x 5 Blood Knights

2 x 10 Hexwraiths

3 x 5 Dire Wolves

This is similar to a list I went 2-3 with (swap the Hexwraiths for Grimghast Reapers and we are basically there) - when Neferata managed to stack up a disgusting -3 to hit (Overwhelming Dread + her CA x1 [Commanding terrain helped])... that was something, but in 3 games out of 5 she got wiped out within turn 2 (Seraphons with Razordons and Bastilladons, Cities of Sigmar with huge blocks of shoothing units, Tzeench).

44 minutes ago, StokieRich said:

Neferata

VLOZD with Eth Amulet

Vampire Lord on Foot

Black Coach

2 x 10 Hexwraiths

3 x 5 Dire Wolves

Last thing I want is to come across as critical (I really do hope you don't think that's the case!), but why would you run this list in Legion of Blood? Extra attacks on just your VLoZD, and a scant -1 bravery across the board, that's it... at that point, swap your VL on foot for Arkhan and go for Legion of Sacrament... with 2 wizards knowing three spells each, a viable battalion and a few more perks...

12 minutes ago, Thamalys said:

Last thing I want is to come across as critical (I really do hope you don't think that's the case!), but why would you run this list in Legion of Blood? Extra attacks on just your VLoZD, and a scant -1 bravery across the board, that's it... at that point, swap your VL on foot for Arkhan and go for Legion of Sacrament... with 2 wizards knowing three spells each, a viable battalion and a few more perks...

Yea that's fair mate and the list doesn't benefit as much from LoB now that those changes have been made for sure. I'd not considered Arkhan and was therefore thinking I had to be in Blood for Nef. 

Having said that it looks very different in Sacrament. It's not just a case of swapping a 140pt Vampire Lord out for Arkhan, you'd have to lose the coach as well, and you can't run the battalion without it looking like a vastly different list.

I'd be up for trying Nef, Arkhan, VLOZD though with the 2x10 Hexwraith package and see how that gets on, I think that'd be an interesting one to try thanks mate!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

What do you think about the following list?

Neferata 340 pts 

Vampire Lord on zombie dragon 440 pts

vampire lord 140 pts

10 Chainrasps 80

10 chainrasps 80

40 chainrasps 280 pts

20 grimghast reapers 320

20 grimghast reapers 320.

It should be exactly  2000 pts. Everything is fast, flyer and summonable.

I would like to find points for a command point and some endless spells, but I don’t know where. And sadly no blood knights

• Haha 1

On 1/21/2020 at 6:14 AM, Ferrus65 said:

Neferata 340 pts 

Vampire Lord on zombie dragon 440 pts

vampire lord 140 pts

10 Chainrasps 80

10 chainrasps 80

40 chainrasps 280 pts

20 grimghast reapers 320

20 grimghast reapers 320.

It should be exactly  2000 pts. Everything is fast, flyer and summonable.

I would like to find points for a command point and some endless spells, but I don’t know where. And sadly no blood knights

I like it but I would see if you can squeeze in a necromancer somehow.  Being able to double tap on one of those 20 blocks of reapers with extra attacks from the vamp lord would be able to chew through most units in the game.  I would be a bit concerned about mortal wounds output, you can consider taking some spirit hosts to fill that need but you might be able to get by without them.  I would also consider dropping the 2 units of chainrasps to direwolves just for the extra speed.  Other than Nef and the zombie dragon you are quite slow so any missions where you need to shoot off to grab objectives the dire wolves are going to do wonders (chainrasps are obviously great once they get there).

On 1/20/2020 at 8:14 PM, Ferrus65 said:

And sadly no blood knights

The heartbreak with Neffi is her points, her spell, her CA and her legion. I think all of that points towards blood knights. Otherwise a coven throne brings a bunch of buffs and an extra CP. 

if you scratch the 40 rasps down to 10, you‘ll have the points for a Necromancer and an extra CP (260pts).

Speedwise I think the reapers are kinda ok, 8“ flying vs 10“ for the dogs...

but I just think, that the CA of Neffi is just soo CP hungry, you’ll not be able to trigger the Vamp extra attacks as much or the lords (but the reapers kinda have that inbuilt). 
too hard to master for my playstyle 

Allegiance: Legion of Blood
Mortal Realm: Shyish

Leaders
Necromancer (130)
- Lore of the Deathmages: Overwhelming Dread
Necromancer (130)
- Lore of the Deathmages: Overwhelming Dread
Vampire Lord (140)
- Mount: Flying Horror
- Lore of the Vampires: Vile Transference
Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon (440)
- General
- Deathlance & Shield & Chalice
- Trait: Aura of Dark Majesty
- Artefact: Ethereal Amulet
- Lore of the Vampires: Vile Transference

Battleline
20 x Chainrasp Horde (160)
5 x Dire Wolves (70)
40 x Skeleton Warriors (280)
- Ancient Blades

Units
10 x Black Knights (240)
9 x Spirit Hosts (360)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 146

I took this list to Cancon (only Legion of Blood player) and went 3-3.  Lost to Slaanesh (first time playing so no surprises there), Cities (by 1 point) and Petrifix Elite (I only killed 1 unit of stalkers before being tabled).  Overall I enjoyed the list, the heavy lifters are the dragon and the spirit hosts, without the hosts I feel we don't have enough mortal wounds to take apart the nastier armies and the weight of attacks with rerolls was insane.  Black knights were way way way better than Blood knights mainly for the bringing back ability and the healing but also because my opponents usually ignored them on a flank, on the charge they do well but otherwise are average.

Made a few mistakes with the heroes but overall I liked the mix, the vampire lord with wings was either dead really early or he was tearing up a flank, either way I was happy as he distracted my opponent.  The dragon needed to be played very very carefully in the current meta, often I had to deploy far back or out of line of sight to avoid getting shot off the board early.  I also found his movement to be very powerful, deploy on one side (a bit) draw out your opponent and then swing to the other flank leaving his big hitter in the dust.  I would be tempted to try and get more movement on him via spells.  The double spells was deliberate, one for redundancy but also because we were playing with realm spells so often I had more than enough spells to cast between all 4 casters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/17/2019 at 2:26 PM, Thamalys said:

If you pick Aura of Dark Majesty as your command trait, the guy is -1 to hit in command for free, no CPs to be used (artefact + command trait = - 2 to hit in combat, for free. Insane).

Can you explain that? you dont need to spend a comand point to use the command trait?

23 minutes ago, Zaerion said:

Can you explain that? you dont need to spend a comand point to use the command trait?

The Aura of Dark Majesty is the Generals trait, it is free and doesn't need to be activated via CP, it is just always on.  The command ability he is referring to is the Neferata one that is on her warscroll, costs 1 CP to use and can assign a -1 to hit aura on another unit.  You can put it on your general with the Aura of Dark Majesty and end up with a -2 to hit overall but I would personally prefer to put it on another unit.

34 minutes ago, Death1942 said:

The Aura of Dark Majesty is the Generals trait, it is free and doesn't need to be activated via CP, it is just always on.  The command ability he is referring to is the Neferata one that is on her warscroll, costs 1 CP to use and can assign a -1 to hit aura on another unit.  You can put it on your general with the Aura of Dark Majesty and end up with a -2 to hit overall but I would personally prefer to put it on another unit.

god... since i started a few months ago i was doing command traits as command  ability.... xD

What do you guys think of this list ? i have a variation too in Legion of night

The guardian of souls gives a pasive buff to chainrasp and himself if they are whole within 9" so they would wound at 3 instead of 4.

- Mortal Realm: Shyish
LEADERS
- General
- Command Trait : Aura of Dark Majesty
- Vampiric Sword & Shield & Chalice
- Artefact : Ethereal Amulet
- Lore of the Vampires : Vile Transference
Necromancer (130)
- Lore of the Deathmages : Overwhelming Dread
Guardian of Souls with Nightmare Lantern (140)
UNITS
40 x Chainrasp Horde (280)
40 x Chainrasp Horde (280)
5 x Dire Wolves (70)
2 x Morghast Harbingers (210)
- Spirit Halberds
2 x Morghast Harbingers (210)
- Spirit Halberds
10 x Black Knights (240)
TOTAL: 2000/2000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 0 WOUNDS: 158
LEADERS: 3/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 1/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4
ARTEFACTS: 1/1 ALLIES: 0/400

Edited by Zaerion

I like it, chainrasps are really strong.  Two things though, you are very slow so I would be tempted to find room for black knights or maybe more dire wolves.  You have no way to dish out mortal wounds reliably so if you come up against good defences you are in trouble.  I would definitely ditch the Morghats, they are honestly not a good unit for their points but if you want to run them go for it.

edit:  I would drop one of the chainrasp hordes down to 30 and split off the other 10 into their own unit, stick them on a back objective.

Edited by Death1942

3 minutes ago, Death1942 said:

I like it, chainrasps are really strong.  Two things though, you are very slow so I would be tempted to find room for black knights or maybe more dire wolves.  You have no way to dish out mortal wounds reliably so if you come up against good defences you are in trouble.  I would definitely ditch the Morghats, they are honestly not a good unit for their points but if you want to run them go for it.

edit:  I would drop one of the chainrasp hordes down to 30 and split off the other 10 into their own unit, stick them on a back objective.

Hi at the bottom there are 10 black nights thanks for the advices , are morghast that bad? maybe in LOB they are but still feel that they perform better than Blood knights. I feel like they can destroy almost anything they charge and they can surprise with the 3d6 charge.

In legion of night i run them as an anvil for destroying something juicy from behind.

7 minutes ago, Zaerion said:

Hi at the bottom there are 10 black nights thanks for the advices , are morghast that bad? maybe in LOB they are but still feel that they perform better than Blood knights. I feel like they can destroy almost anything they charge and they can surprise with the 3d6 charge.

In legion of night i run them as an anvil for destroying something juicy from behind.

Ah my bad, it was a bit hard to see the knights with that formatting.

Morghasts are amazing when they get into combat, same with blood knights on the charge.  The problem is getting them there as they only have a 5++ so they can easily get shot off the board early or tied up by chaff.  Black knights feel so much better as 10 of them is 240 points vs 2 Morghasts for 210, the black knights probably just edge them out in damage on the charge, are faster and more importantly they are summonable and also 10 bodies for objectives vs 2.

2 hours ago, Death1942 said:

Ah my bad, it was a bit hard to see the knights with that formatting.

Morghasts are amazing when they get into combat, same with blood knights on the charge.  The problem is getting them there as they only have a 5++ so they can easily get shot off the board early or tied up by chaff.  Black knights feel so much better as 10 of them is 240 points vs 2 Morghasts for 210, the black knights probably just edge them out in damage on the charge, are faster and more importantly they are summonable and also 10 bodies for objectives vs 2.

but correct me if im wrong since im a new player but morghast are not considered monsters so i could probably screen them with wolfs or behind a chainrasp unit? also they save at +4 but yea i get your point.. some times we like elite things but if you think about it its not worth it for the points

is this legal? can i ally 2 units of hexwraiths + the battalion that allows to pass on a 2+ the wounds directed to the general to the hexwraith unit if they are at 3" ??? giving him a virtual pool of 20 wouds...

since they are allied i could not bring them back via gravesites or endless legions but i could via deathly invocation is this legal? xD

- Mortal Realm: Shyish
LEADERS
- General
- Command Trait : Aura of Dark Majesty
- Deathlance & Shield & Chalice
- Artefact : Ethereal Amulet
- Lore of the Vampires : Vile Transference
Necromancer (130)
Vampire Lord (140)
- Flying Horror