AoS 2 - Legion of Blood Discussion

RuneBrush

I have prepared 3 army lists for a tournament and I do not know which would be more competitive.  I would like to read your opinions.  Thanks

List 1

Vampire Lord Zombie Dragon 440 pts

Coven throne 260

Vampire lord 140

5x Dire wolves 60 pts

5x Dire wolves 60 pts

5x Dire wolves 60 pts

5x Blood knights 240 pts

6x vargheists 320 pts

40x skeleton warriors 280 pts

10x chainrasp horde 80 pts

1 extra CP

Total: 1940 pts

List 2 

Neferata 400 pts

Vampire lord 140

5x Dire wolves 60 pts

5x Dire wolves 60 pts

5x Dire wolves 60 pts

5x Blood knights 240 pts

6x vargheists 320 pts

Total: 2000 pts

List 3

Neferata 400 pts

Vampire lord 140

10x Dire wolves 120 pts

5x Dire wolves 60 pts

5x Dire wolves 60 pts

5x Blood knights 240 pts

5x Blood knights 240 pts

Quicksilver swords 20 pts

Total: 2000 pts

Thanks. List 3 is what I usually play.  the only drawback is that armies of flying units easily hunt down one of the two units of blood knights.  in that case the wolf screen is not very efficient...

Do you think that this list is more competitive than the classic list with two LVZD or the Court of Nuhlamia battalion?

On 5/20/2019 at 9:11 AM, Juanruni said:

Thanks. List 3 is what I usually play.  the only drawback is that armies of flying units easily hunt down one of the two units of blood knights.  in that case the wolf screen is not very efficient...

Do you think that this list is more competitive than the classic list with two LVZD or the Court of Nuhlamia battalion?

I think that Neferata is very important in order to sent one unit of blood knights flying as a missile weapon.

Courts of Nuhlamia? Maybe with this lis, what do you think?

Allegiance: Legion of Blood
Mortal Realm: Shyish
Neferata Mortarch of Blood (400)
- General
- Lore of the Dead: Vile Transference (Vampires)
Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon (440)
- Deathlance & Shield & Chalice
- Artefact: Ethereal Amulet 
- Lore of the Vampires: Amethystine Pinions
Bloodseeker Palanquin (320)
- Lore of the Vampires: Spirit Gale
Vampire Lord (140)
- Artefact: Orb of Enchantment 
- Lore of the Vampires: Amaranthine Orb
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Blood Knights (240)
5 x Black Knights (120)
Court of Nulahmia (110)

Total: 1950 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2

You need use every round the neferata cp. With amethysne pinions your VLZD can do a movement of 14+4 (courts)+5= 23" more one charge. Imagine this in the first turn, extraordinary, your dragon could charge a strategic hero of the enemy.

And you need 2 more cp for increase the attacks or re-roll wound rolls of your blood knights.

In summary, i think that this is a fast and agressive army and you need think very well your moves with this army.

Edited by Sartxac
  • Like 1

Little question: Do I see it right that under Legion of Blood we can´t take Blood Knights as Battleline? Only as Soulblight? And if yes, is Soulblight an actual alternative to Legion of Blood? I am actually really confused why Soulblight exist when the Legion of Blood seems to be the Vampire Alligience, but then there is Soulblight too.

And also is Manfred in a Legion of Blood unfluffy? I mean yes, he has his own Alligience but he is still a Vampire, isn´t he? I am confused....is there some Lore background I don´t know for the split?

1 hour ago, Charleston said:

Little question: Do I see it right that under Legion of Blood we can´t take Blood Knights as Battleline? Only as Soulblight? And if yes, is Soulblight an actual alternative to Legion of Blood? I am actually really confused why Soulblight exist when the Legion of Blood seems to be the Vampire Alligience, but then there is Soulblight too.

And also is Manfred in a Legion of Blood unfluffy? I mean yes, he has his own Alligience but he is still a Vampire, isn´t he? I am confused....is there some Lore background I don´t know for the split?

Neferata and Mannfred are vampire but don't have the keyword "vampire lord". Because of this, they don't benefit with one attack more with any melee weapon (equal with vhordrai). In my opinion is a nonsense.

Yes, blood knight aren't batteline in legion of blood. But, this knight are expensive cavalry that need the -1 buff bravery and the +1 attack for be a decent elite unit. In soulblight... They could win +2" move and fly but only 3 attacks for sword is meh (in my opinion). In this case i prefer this unit in legion of blood.

For other band, the +1 attack to the VLoZD in legion of blood is very good but in Soulblight the command trait swift form is excellent (can retreat and charge). Is better in Soulblight army if he is the general with swift form.

• Thanks 1

For other band, the problem with Mannfredd in a legion of blood is that you need use Neferata. 400+420p only with this generals. And they need use his Cp. Because, the cp of Mannfredd in Blood Knights with 4 attacks with the sword is extraordinary... 

Maybe, 2 units of 5 blood knight and a big screen of dire wolves... Could be good, i'm not sure.

What do you think in a competitive list?

For other band, the problem with Mannfredd in a legion of blood is that you need use Neferata. 400+420p only with this generals. And they need use his Cp. Because, the cp of Mannfredd in Blood Knights with 4 attacks with the sword is extraordinary (average of 25.4 with rend -1 and 5.1 with rend 0 do 14.4 in a unit with save +3, 19.48 if he save in +4,  24.56 in save +5 and 29.65 in save +6)  ... 

Maybe, 2 units of 5 blood knight and a big screen of dire wolves... Could be good, i'm not sure.

Edited by Sartxac

On 5/27/2019 at 10:47 PM, Sartxac said:

Please do, but prepare to get wasted...

Neffi and manni are way too pricey for their power. 11hp means they are dead pretty quickly. 

Same goes for the good old Bloodknights: 80$ for 240 points of mediocre infantry is not effective whatsoever. If you don’t get the charge, you are just stuck and will hate it. 

Manni will push them, but you‘ll need the cp and it is very pricey.

take one big 10 man unit and a coven throne (280 pts) which will give them the boost they need and within the costs are two extra wolf units (2x60) as screens.

Imo way better than manni 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Honk said:

Same goes for the good old Bloodknights: 80$ for 240 points of mediocre infantry is not effective whatsoever. If you don’t get the charge, you are just stuck and will hate it. 

I have 10 original and real blood knights... And other problem with the knights is her poor save (+5 if the enemy attack with rend -1) and they need be 5 in a legion of blood for kill a elite enemy unit in the charge. But i think that with the correct screen vs army without missile weapons they can still competitive. Soon, i will have a battle vs stormcast in 1250p as a soulblight or 2000p as a legion of blood.

39 minutes ago, Sartxac said:

But i think that with the correct screen vs army without missile weapons they can still competitive

They devastated blightkings last time for me, with manni in soulblight. but using them shows me that my positioning is seriously lacking...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dire Wolves are an incredibly popular Battleline choice in Legions of Nagash forces, thanks to their speed and efficient points-per-wound ratio. As such, they’ve been given a small points increase, up to 70, making Skeleton Warriors and Zombies more tantalising choices.

Grave Guard have been dropped in points considerably, and now are taken in units of 10 minimum. Similarly, Blood Knights have also had a noticeable reduction in points, now costing only 200 for a unit of 5!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/06/14/the-generals-handbook-2019-major-points-changesgw-homepage-post-2/

Extraordinary powerup for the blood knights.

Edited by Sartxac
  • LOVE IT! 2

For 200pts, in Legion of Blood that is insane power.

Four 3+/3+/-1/D3 plus horse attacks per knight.  -2 to bravery. Blood Feast them and just straight up tear anything apart.

Average of 12 damage against 4+ saves before horse attacks but much more potential to swing though.

• LOVE IT! 1

Ok guys this is gonna be my first ever LoB list, is this insanely stupid? I want to take alllll the dragons

Neferata (380)

Prince Vordhai (480)

VLoZD (440)

Dire Wolves (70) 

Dire Wolves (70)

Skeleton Warriors (160)

Blood Knights (200)

Blood Knights (200)

2000/2000

27 minutes ago, ColsBols said:

Ok guys this is gonna be my first ever LoB list, is this insanely stupid? I want to take alllll the dragons

Neferata (380)

She’s still not worth that point cost but that doesn’t mean she cannot be made to work.  Her CA is still one of the most powerful ones in this game.

28 minutes ago, ColsBols said:

Prince Vordhai (480)

VLoZD (440)

This is a time honored combo.  Go to town.

28 minutes ago, ColsBols said:

Skeleton Warriors (160)

When a skeletal unit is forced to be that low you’re generally better of switching to Chainwrasps.  Use them defensively.  Unless they are anvil bait then make sure Neferata has double whammied their defense.  A spare command point (for Battleshock) and a Gravesites recommended.

The list looks interesting ColBols.  Mobile forces generally do not like protracted engagements so Match Play battles are going to come down to the mission and deployment.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Evil Bob said:

She’s still not worth that point cost but that doesn’t mean she cannot be made to work.  Her CA is still one of the most powerful ones in this game.

This is a time honored combo.  Go to town.

When a skeletal unit is forced to be that low you’re generally better of switching to Chainwrasps.  Use them defensively.  Unless they are anvil bait then make sure Neferata has double whammied their defense.  A spare command point (for Battleshock) and a Gravesites recommended.

The list looks interesting ColBols.  Mobile forces generally do not like protracted engagements so Match Play battles are going to come down to the mission and deployment.

thanks man, it's not meant to be a super competitive list but I just love the idea of having all three big monsters going to town on my enemies.

I was debating the utility of skeles vs rasps, it just seems a little unfluffy to take the ghosties. But skeles aren't much fluffier either, wish we had some vamp mortal thralls or something

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ColsBols said:

thanks man, it's not meant to be a super competitive list but I just love the idea of having all three big monsters going to town on my enemies.

I was debating the utility of skeles vs rasps, it just seems a little unfluffy to take the ghosties. But skeles aren't much fluffier either, wish we had some vamp mortal thralls or something

Vampires will enslave Nighthaunt for their own needs and are able to raise skeletons and zombies of their own, so it's all fair game to me!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ColsBols said:

wish we had some vamp mortal thralls or something

NOOooo!  Do you know what you have done ColsBols?  The GW Sales Team is going to push for a new mortals battleline.  They’ll get the AoS 2.0 warscroll with a good point value since they will lack the “summonable” tag.  Nothing else will get reviews or fixes in order to drive sales.  I started playing the old Death Army over 20 years ago in order to avoid painting flesh or hair.  The thought of painting 120 to 200 blood-bags makes me want to drink the brush rinse water.

Edited by Evil Bob
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ColsBols said:

Could just go for two more units of wolves? Or wolves and a cart? (I forget the points...) would add to the speed of the list.

What Artefact you thinking of? The Orb of Enchantment could be hilarious on the Zombie Dragon Lord, stopping your opponents counter unit from dealing any damage.

• 2 weeks later...

Legion Of Blood
Enwolved - Allegiance: Legion of Blood - Mortal Realm: Shyish

LEADERS
Neferata Mortarch of Blood (380)
- General
- Lore of the Dead : Overwhelming Dread (Deathmages)
Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon (440)
- Deathlance & Shield & Chalice
- Artefact : Ethereal Amulet
- Lore of the Vampires : Amethystine Pinions
Vampire Lord (140)
- Flying Horror
Necromancer (130)
- Lore of the Deathmages : Overwhelming Dread

UNITS
40 x Skeleton Warriors (280)
- Ancient Spears
5 x Dire Wolves (70)
5 x Dire Wolves (70)
10 x Blood Knights (400)

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN
Quicksilver Swords (30)

TOTAL: 1940/2000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 1  WOUNDS: 125

What do you guys think about this list? what would you change?