AoS 2 - Legion of Blood Discussion

RuneBrush

• 5 weeks later...
5 hours ago, spoon_fed05 said:

Does anyone know how favoured retainers works for the vlozd in terms of the dragons melee attacks? Are all of the attacks for the model counted as ‘vampire lord’, ie does the dragon get +1 attacks on it’s melee attacks as well as the rider?

All attack profile go up by 1 :) was FAQ'd I believe, but anyway have had confirmation at many tournaments etc :)

• Like 1

On 4/18/2019 at 3:52 AM, knightish said:

All attack profile go up by 1 :) was FAQ'd I believe, but anyway have had confirmation at many tournaments etc :)

With this the VOZD is more better than Vhordrai (this don't have the keyword vampire lord) in a legion of blood. His lance do the same attacks and his dragon one more Zombie Dragon’s Maw and Zombie Dragon’s Sword-like Claws. All this without counting the Ethereal Amulet.

Edited by Sartxac

On 4/22/2019 at 12:27 PM, Sartxac said:

With this the VOZD is more better than Vhordrai (this don't have the keyword vampire lord) in a legion of blood. His lance do the same attacks and his dragon one more Zombie Dragon’s Maw and Zombie Dragon’s Sword-like Claws. All this without counting the Ethereal Amulet.

Yep, Vhord is definitely a little behind in just raw hitting power.
His Lance does have Rend 2 though which is nice.
And his cmd ability is amazing (allows another ZD to pile in and attack in the hero phase)
And his breath attack is amazing.

Still worth taking, but the LoB allegiance really bumps up the basic ZD to beast mode.

Hey guys, I am having trouble to decide on my 2k Legion Of Blood army. 
I have already painted up some stuff and wanna decide on a list before I continue. Please help me out.

How important is it to get additional CPs and which endless spells are the best to take?

Here are some ideas:

Version 1
Neferata
VLOZD
VL
Necromancer

40 Skellies
5 Dire Wolves
5 Dire Wolves

5 Blood Knights
3 Vargheists

1890 Points
Necromancer

40 Skellies
5 Dire Wolves
5 Dire Wolves

10 Blood Knights

Chronomatic Cogs

1890 Points
VL
Necromancer

40 Skellies
5 Dire Wolves
5 Dire Wolves

5 Blood Knights
5 Blood Knights
3 Vargheists

Chronomatic Cogs
Quicksilver Swords

1950 Points 
Necromancer

40 Skellies
5 Dire Wolves
5 Dire Wolves

5 Blood Knights
3 Vargheists

Quicksilver Swords

1850 Points
VL
Necromancer

40 Skellies
5 Dire Wolves
5 Dire Wolves

10 Bloodknights
15 Grave Guard

1950 Points

The Legion of Blood ability:

Favoured Retainers: Add 1 to the Attacks characteristic of all melee weapons used by friendly LEGION
OF BLOOD VAMPIRE LORDS and
LEGION OF BLOOD Blood Knights.

Does the vampire lord on zombie dragon get an extra attack on all the dragons attacks as well? 

2 hours ago, MrRoff said:

The Legion of Blood ability:

Favoured Retainers: Add 1 to the Attacks characteristic of all melee weapons used by friendly LEGION
OF BLOOD VAMPIRE LORDS and
LEGION OF BLOOD Blood Knights.

Does the vampire lord on zombie dragon get an extra attack on all the dragons attacks as well? 

Yes, correct as per the faq (mentioned a few posts earlier)

Edited by Nokrah
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Nokrah said:

Yes, correct as per the faq (mentioned a few posts earlier)

Anyone got a link to the faq? Just looked trough the Legions of Nagash errata and designers commentary and couldn't find anything about this. 

Need "proof" to show my friends inbefore a tournament. 

2 hours ago, MrRoff said:

Anyone got a link to the faq? Just looked trough the Legions of Nagash errata and designers commentary and couldn't find anything about this. 

DIJU3-DXYAEgV-E.jpg

Well, Favored retainer isn't a command trait nor an artefact, so by the book it should fit 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrRoff said:

After reading a certain post I was in your place not long ago.  FAQs have been changed with AOS 2.0.  After failing to find anything there I pulled out my main rules.  The jerks stuck it in the absolute back of the rules on the ALLEGENCE ABILITIES page 242 under the Command Traits section and the one following.  Why this wasn’t mentioned under the Command Abilities section in the front is beyond me.

10 minutes ago, Evil Bob said:

After reading a certain post I was in your place not long ago.  FAQs have been changed with AOS 2.0.  After failing to find anything there I pulled out my main rules.  The jerks stuck it in the absolute back of the rules on the ALLEGENCE ABILITIES page 242 under the Command Traits section and the one following.  Why this wasn’t mentioned under the Command Abilities section in the front is beyond me.

Exactly which book can I find it? 

Generals handbook, core rules etc? 

32 minutes ago, MrRoff said:

Exactly which book can I find it? 

Generals handbook, core rules etc? 

Core Rule Book released with Soul Wars.  Nokrah already has this covered. I was just providing the same info in a different book.  There is no part in the allegiance section that excludes mounts from Favored Retainer unless you can find a way to bring in a vampire as an ally, like FEC.  In that case no pat of the ghoul get’s it.  Because obviously Neferata finds the gross, unacceptable, and worst off mutated freaks from her undesirable family member

Edited by Evil Bob

5 hours ago, Evil Bob said:

Core Rule Book released with Soul Wars.  Nokrah already has this covered. I was just providing the same info in a different book.  There is no part in the allegiance section that excludes mounts from Favored Retainer unless you can find a way to bring in a vampire as an ally, like FEC.  In that case no pat of the ghoul get’s it.  Because obviously Neferata finds the gross, unacceptable, and worst off mutated freaks from her undesirable family member

OK I found the text: Command traits have no effect on
attacks made by a general’s mount
unless noted otherwise.

How does this prove that the favored retainers ability gives the dragon extra attacks as well? 

It's just i play with a bunch of people that goes strickly 100% on the rules and I need to show them that favored retainers works on VoZD. 

Or else they'll go with the "it's a mount it dosent get the extra attacks" which would cripple my current list somewhat. 

Thanks btw for taking your time and helping me get answers! 👍

1 hour ago, MrRoff said:

unless noted otherwise.

How does this prove that the favored retainers ability gives the dragon extra attacks as well? 

It's just i play with a bunch of people that goes strickly 100% on the rules and I need to show them that favored retainers works on VoZD. 

Or else they'll go with the "it's a mount it dosent get the extra attacks" which would cripple my current list somewhat. 

I think you’re looking at this incorrectly.  You should be asking your friends to prove that it doesn’t affect the mount.. the text as written affects the unit with the Vampire Lord keyword, that’s the entire profile.  The only rules we have against that, is what’s stated by GW in that Command Traits and Artifacts do not affect mounts unless otherwise stated. Favored Retainers is an alliance ability, not a

command trait, or an artifact.  

56 minutes ago, MrRoff said:

unless noted otherwise.

So the rules explicitly state when a CA or relic does not effect a mount.  But says nothing anything about allegiance abilities never effecting mounts.  The entire model has the vampire tag.  If someone wants to deny you this they need to show you in the rules where it is not allowed.

If they go irrational on you I really don’t have a solution.

14 hours ago, Evil Bob said:

You are right, I think it was covered in a previous FAQ (maybe 1.0), I am 100% sure of having seen it written in a FAQ.

However, the quote from the GHB I send should be enough to prove the point: allegiance abilities transfer to mount given they are not Command abilities nor artefacts.

Making a list for my Vampires. Not sure if my heroes are too little as comment by a friend of mine, but thats all i can squeeze in for now.

I take a Terrorgheist to take advance of bravery debluff (from LOB and black knights) on enemy units.
Hexwraiths to tank, hold as screening units. Both dragons and Black knights to charge later (subject to position).

Dires wolves to take objectives screen when possible.

I dun really want to take blood knights, too expensive in points (please convince me otherwise).

Allegiance: Legion of Blood
Mortal Realm: Shyish

Leaders
Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon (440)
- General
- Deathlance & Shield & Chalice
- Trait: Aura of Dark Majesty 
- Artefact: Ethereal Amulet 
- Lore of the Vampires: Vile Transference
Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon (440)
- Deathlance & Shield & Chalice
- Lore of the Vampires: Soulpike

Battleline
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)

Units
10 x Black Knights (240)
10 x Hexwraiths (320)

Behemoths
Terrorgheist (300)

Endless Spells
Chronomantic Cogs (60)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 112

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AOSNewbie said:

Making a list for my Vampires. Not sure if my heroes are too little as comment by a friend of mine, but thats all i can squeeze in for now.

snip

I dun really want to take blood knights, too expensive in points (please convince me

Surely you kid us over the Blood Knights? ...

The list looks like a fun noncompetitive good time.  Few models for movement.  Lack of serious “****** you” tricks.  Cogs might backfire since getting a sizable enemy unit into position will hurt your swift force.  Battles of attrition will be determined by enemy army composition and your maneuvering game.  Stay out of those when possible.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Evil Bob said:

Surely you kid us over the Blood Knights? ...

The list looks like a fun noncompetitive good time.  Few models for movement.  Lack of serious “****** you” tricks.  Cogs might backfire since getting a sizable enemy unit into position will hurt your swift force.  Battles of attrition will be determined by enemy army composition and your maneuvering game.  Stay out of those when possible.

Thank you for the insight. Yup. Just a friendly game first as I have just only step into the LOB realms to learn more on vampires.