AoS 2 - Legion of Blood Discussion

RuneBrush

This is part of my army, in  my country have the ancient bases aren't a problem. My vampire lord in zombie dragon is a simple "conversion" with aelve dragonlord. Also, i have other coloured miniatures (as Bloodseker palanquin or mortis engine) and standard vhordrai, Neferata, Arkhan, etc without paint.

Question:

I realise that Prince Vhordrai does not have the keyword Vampire Lord (and FAQ side did not state anything). 

So am i correct to assume that the Legion of Blood "Favoured Retainers" does not apply to him? There are no changes to his keywords anywhere right?

*Edited. I got the answers. Thanks

Edited by AOSNewbie
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tomorrow i have a 2000 points battle versus a opponent with the new skaven batteltome (i don't know his list). I think that is better use 5 blood knights or change theirs for Covern Throne. What do you think?

I will use my last list:

I think that the covern throne is better because  of the hypnotism versius one army with a poor bravery.

Edited by Sartxac

50 minutes ago, Sartxac said:

versius one army with a poor bravery.

But they have high magic available... might get unbinded.

And they have potentially devastating firepower, which you might want to engage ASAP

• Thanks 1

Hey guys, I was thinking about the best way to play Vampire Lord on ZD. Two most interesting combos I thought about are: Legion of Blood (+1 attack), Blade of Endings (+2 to Damage on a hit rolls of 6+), Walking Death (Legion of Blood battle trait). The Second option is the same but with Ghyrstrike (+1 to hit and to wound).

Do you guys have an idea which one is stronger? Maybe you have a anorher idea ot some extra combo on top of that?

14 minutes ago, Franek said:

Hey guys, I was thinking about the best way to play Vampire Lord on ZD. Two most interesting combos I thought about are: Legion of Blood (+1 attack), Blade of Endings (+2 to Damage on a hit rolls of 6+), Walking Death (Legion of Blood battle trait). The Second option is the same but with Ghyrstrike (+1 to hit and to wound).

Do you guys have an idea which one is stronger? Maybe you have a anorher idea ot some extra combo on top of that?

The way the VLoZD sees most play is alongside Prince Vhordrai or another VLoZD in a "double dragon" formation.  The most used kit out is the minus one to hit Legion Of Blood command trait plus the Ethereal Amulet to give him a +3 unrendable save (that can re-role 1's if you get Mystic Shield off). This makes him pretty tough to deal with outside of mortal wounds.

Looks very interesting. I kinda took my Ethereal of NH for granted xD. My focus was to make a VLoZM deal as many wounds as possible kinda forgetting that he’s pretty easy to get killed this way. 

Another interesting way is to have him in Death allegiance army with Red Fury and Ring of Immortality. This way he’s able to pile in twice and possibly can resurrect, only down side is that’s not reliable.

43 minutes ago, Franek said:

Looks very interesting. I kinda took my Ethereal of NH for granted xD. My focus was to make a VLoZM deal as many wounds as possible kinda forgetting that he’s pretty easy to get killed this way. 

Another interesting way is to have him in Death allegiance army with Red Fury and Ring of Immortality. This way he’s able to pile in twice and possibly can resurrect, only down side is that’s not reliable.

With prince Vhoradrai,  your VLoZD can pile and attack in the hero phase.  Very aggressive.

For other band, finally i do a 1500 points battle vs Skaventide (clan pestilens):

Allegiance: Legion of Night

Leaders
Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon (440)
- General
- Deathlance & Shield & Chalice
- Trait: Swift Form 
- Artefact: Ethereal Amulet 
- Lore of the Vampires: Vile Transference
Necromancer (110)
- Lore of the Deathmages: Overwhelming Dread
Vampire Lord (140)
- Mount: Flying Horror
- Lore of the Vampires: Amaranthine Orb

Battleline
40 x Skeleton Warriors (280)
- Ancient Spears
5 x Dire Wolves (60)

Units
5 x Black Knights (120)
5 x Black Knights (120)
2 x Morghast Harbingers (220)
- Spirit Halberds

Total: 1490 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 106

VS: 

Allegiance: Skaventide

Leaders
Verminlord Corruptor (260)
- Artefact: Blade of Corruption 
Plague Priest on Plague Furnace (180)
- General
- Trait: Master of Rot and Ruin 
Plague Priest on Plague Furnace (180)

Battleline

Units
40 x Plague Monks (240)
- Foetid Blades
40 x Plague Monks (240)
- Foetid Blades
1 x Warpfire Thrower (70)
1 x Warpfire Thrower (70)

Behemoths
Hell Pit Abomination (220)

Total: 1460 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 136

He destroyed my entire army, i only kill his warpfire throwers.  The part consisted in control with units 3 objectives in the center of the table separated 18" among them.

Edited by Sartxac
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Honk said:

How come?! Doesn’t look nice, but tabled with only two glasscannons killed....

condolences 🥳

¿What programme similar to paint use the people for explain the summary of the battles? In order to show my ridicolous battle jeje.

Edited by Sartxac

10 hours ago, Franek said:

I run mine with Sanguine Blur for the +2 M, Pinions and the Orb of Enchantment.  Basically looking to take out a key piece.  I've found the Orb to be a hard counter vs some problematic stuff.  Blood Knights aren't exactly top tier so I like having an ace up my sleeve.  

11 hours ago, Honk said:

You could try „gimp“ if you feel like it, else a good old power point presentation of your failures sounds also promising 😂👍

¿With gim i can do similar presentations as 

?

Look her battle presentation.

Been working on my Legion on Blood army for several months now and I'm close to having these lists built, I'm not going for the most competitive or optimal list, I just wanted to use my favourite model, Neferata, and still be able to bring the fight.

Because little pieces of plastic can be expensive I have built 2 variants of the list to help keep things interesting while only needing to swap out a few models. The "Fear the fangs" list takes advantage of the armies natural bravery debuffs without living and dying by the sword.

20190310_074450.jpg

20190310_074459.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/9/2019 at 1:45 PM, Mutter said:

With Gimp you could do that, but it would be a lot of work. :)

What was used in the thread you qoted is Battle Chronicler:

http://battlechronicler.com/

Sorry, I tried to use this program what i don't know how charge the army in the map 😫.

For other band, i'm in a league of 2 battles of 1500p and 3 battles of 2000p. I play with legions and i can use anywhere of the 3 and grand host of nagash legions.

I will inform you about my lists.

Any idea of the use of covern throne or vargheists in a competitive list of 1500p?

Edited by Sartxac

1 hour ago, Sartxac said:

Any idea of the use of covern throne or vargheists in a competitive list of 1500p

Throne(vt), VloZd(ap), necro(od), vl(ao), 40 skellis and 20 dogs (Split in 2-3 units) and the shackles (1490)

bedsheets might be more competitive, but I have personal issues with them. 

Next idea a bit of all

Throne, Necro, Banshee, 3x5 wolves, 5bloodknights, 5 blackknights, 6vargheist, mortis (1490)

necro/blackknights/banshee/mortis will go the bravery debuff scream (-3 for spell, knights, legion), the other half will hammer away at things, the vamps with extra attacks, the vargheist as glass cannons, both buffed by the ca of the throne. Charge blocked by wolves...

If that is really something to consider competitively against sacrament or host cheesemongers... one can only try

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Honk said:

Throne(vt), VloZd(ap), necro(od), vl(ao), 40 skellis and 20 dogs (Split in 2-3 units) and the shackles (1490)

bedsheets might be more competitive, but I have personal issues with them. 

Next idea a bit of all

Throne, Necro, Banshee, 3x5 wolves, 5bloodknights, 5 blackknights, 6vargheist, mortis (1490)

necro/blackknights/banshee/mortis will go the bravery debuff scream (-3 for spell, knights, legion), the other half will hammer away at things, the vamps with extra attacks, the vargheist as glass cannons, both buffed by the ca of the throne. Charge blocked by wolves...

If that is really something to consider competitively against sacrament or host cheesemongers... one can only try

Oh... Can I use the ca of the covern throne for re-roll hit rolls of the Vargheist? I think that only can repeat one dice.

I don't have the banshee and only have 3 Vargheists and 10 dogs, this week we will be buy 10 more.

Edited by Sartxac

7 hours ago, Sartxac said:

I think that only can repeat one dice.

Yes, there is the

Scrying Pool ability: once per game you can re-roll one single dice for this model (that in itself can save your behind in a tight spot)

but there is the official CA

Tactical Insight: pick a friendly death unit within 12“ and re-roll hit/wound/save rolls of 1 till your next herophase.

it is cp intensive in comparison to Mannfreds CA but also covers saves of 1

A bunch of Bloodknights or vargheist rerolling hits/wounds of 1... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Honk said:

Yes, there is the

Scrying Pool ability: once per game you can re-roll one single dice for this model (that in itself can save your behind in a tight spot)

but there is the official CA

Tactical Insight: pick a friendly death unit within 12“ and re-roll hit/wound/save rolls of 1 till your next herophase.

it is cp intensive in comparison to Mannfreds CA but also covers saves of 1

A bunch of Bloodknights or vargheist rerolling hits/wounds of 1... 

But, today i read in Tactical Insight: The legendary scrying talents of some vampires, aided by their vantage point above the battlefield, allow them to assess, disrupt and take advantage of enemy plans. If a Vampire Queen atop a Coven Throne uses this ability, and the dice rolled at the start of the next battle round is a tie, you can decide who will take the first turn of that battle round.

And in the faqs i don't read this modification to repeat rolls of 1 in hit/wound/save.

Edited by Sartxac