AoS 2 - Legion of Blood Discussion

RuneBrush

On 9/11/2018 at 11:38 AM, Lemon Knuckles said:

Question based on the image below:

My units are in Blue, and Unit B has the Doppleganger Cloak.  My combat phase.

1. My activation:  Unit A attacks enemy 1 and wipes it out.  
  2. Opponent activates, chooses unit 2 but cannot attack due to artefact.
  3. My activation:  Unit B attacks enemy 3.
  4. Opponent activates unit 3 and attacks B
  5. My activation:  no units to activate

Here's the question:  Can opponent now re-activate unit 2 and attack, or was that attack lost entirely due to step 2 in the sequence above?
Thanks.

Screenshot 2018-09-11 09.17.42.png

They cannot re-activate a unit.  You want to out-number their pile-ins when using doppelganger cloak, if possible.  Isolate a unit with your big hero (VLoZD) and swarm another.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Amradiel said:

Can I improve it in any way?

Yes, play it... ??

Not only the list, but using it correctly will see you win games. How to play the scenarios, how to attack certain armies... 

Edited by Honk
  • Like 1

Could I get peoples thoughts on running neferata and vordhai? So far both seem to be working really well for me both separately and together on the same list, but the people in my area don't tend to build very meta lists most of the time. So speaking from a meta perspective are either worth taking as general or at all for tournament play?

3 hours ago, Lucky Snake Eyes said:

Could I get peoples thoughts on running neferata and vordhai? So far both seem to be working really well for me both separately and together on the same list, but the people in my area don't tend to build very meta lists most of the time. So speaking from a meta perspective are either worth taking as general or at all for tournament play?

Neferata debuffing can be really strong against certain armies! My last game with her was against warriors of chaos and they could not do anything with -2 to hit on all their army for 2 turns! xD It was the easiest double turn I've suffered ever! ahah!

but I also had game where she got snipe to death even with her command ability on. Long range firepower and mortal wound spam is her big weakness! So armies that have a lot of those things will sadly melt your poor Lady :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Cursed said:

Neferata debuffing can be really strong against certain armies! My last game with her was against warriors of chaos and they could not do anything with -2 to hit on all their army for 2 turns! xD It was the easiest double turn I've suffered ever! ahah!

but I also had game where she got snipe to death even with her command ability on. Long range firepower and mortal wound spam is her big weakness! So armies that have a lot of those things will sadly melt your poor Lady :(

I had a nasty encounter against double celestar ballistas, nearly lost neferatta until I got vargheists into them by tying up his retributers with vordhai, vordhai sadly perished with but 2 of the 9 retributers left standing but i managed to get neferata back up to full using vile transference and her lifesteal/regen. Shooting seems to be the biggest threat to anything death especially shooting with rend like the ballistas

17 minutes ago, Lucky Snake Eyes said:

I had a nasty encounter against double celestar ballistas, nearly lost neferatta until I got vargheists into them by tying up his retributers with vordhai, vordhai sadly perished with but 2 of the 9 retributers left standing but i managed to get neferata back up to full using vile transference and her lifesteal/regen. Shooting seems to be the biggest threat to anything death especially shooting with rend like the ballistas

ballistas are so mean! and I don't know why my opponents always roll so many hits with them! xD

6 minutes ago, Cursed said:

ballistas are so mean! and I don't know why my opponents always roll so many hits with them! xD

Almost 30 rend -2 wounds a turn mean? Naw that's totally balanced, clearly your skeletons just got bad rolls on the save they didn't get to make ?clearly it's all sigmar intended. (thank nagash the limit on artillery puts prevents the ballista spam from getting worse)

10 minutes ago, the_prophecy said:

are you guys using Neferatss cloak spell on herself ?

Of course you could/would/should but that is just one of the downfalls of almost every mortarch. The mileage you have to go to keep them alive is pretty high. 

First you need priority, then successfully cast the spell, no unbinding and then... another unit gets the treatment.

And for her CA to be relevant, she has to be somewhat offensive. Suddenly your VloZd with ethereal and his chalice outperform her by a lot.

ballista or raptors, kurnoth or rotigus with the wheel, bastiladons, kunning rukk long range firepower needs special treatment/listbuilding from us which just isn’t really possible.

you could just go for high regen and into the grind: chainrasp spam with outrider/speedbump wolves to keep decimators away and then play the objective game while hoping, that the four embedded necromancer stay alive till round 4... not really interesting gaming imo

I have a gimmicky Neferata list that’s pretty bare bones, but I just badly wanted an excuse to use her. 

It’s just a fluffy all vampire list. I doubt it’s particularly good or strong though. 

Allegiance: Legion of Blood
Mortal Realm: Shyish

Leaders
Neferata Mortarch Of Blood (400)
- General
- Lore of the Dead: Soul Harvest (Deathmages)
Vampire Lord On Zombie Dragon (440)
- Deathlance & Shield & Chalice
- Artefact: Ethereal Amulet 
- Lore of the Vampires: Vile Transference
Vampire Lord (140)
- Mount: Flying Horror
- Lore of the Vampires: Amaranthine Orb
Necromancer (110)
- Lore of the Deathmages: Overwhelming Dread

Battleline
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)

Units
15 x Blood Knights (720)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 110

Edited by Ravinsild
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ravinsild said:

It’s just a fluffy all vampire list

That’s one totally fluffy list ?  Think a triple buffed up unit of 15 bloodknights might kill something?!  Dark mist, dread knight and blood feast for instant unit removal.

just have to deliver that H-Bomb on point

20“ move 26“ banner charge , 15x (3+1+1)+1 attacks (LoB, Blood feast) is 61. hitting on 3+ So 40,66 rerolling failed (dread knight) (+21*2/3) another 14 for 54,66 hits. 36,4 wounding Hits at -1 against a 3+ save(4+)... 18,2 damage... *d3 (2) 36 wounds

Against 4+ (5+) is 24*d3...48 wounds

against 2+ (3+) is still 12*2...24wounds

PLUS THE HORSIES!!! Everybody knows, the deal even mooore damage ?

kinda the same plan as the deathmarch blackknights charge, but more elite with all the pros and cons. Unit placement of opponents speedbumbs can really mess your charge up, you have to position your models and also place them in coherent. If you play against your own list you might have the doggies as screen and wait for the countercharge...

3 hours ago, Honk said:

PLUS THE HORSIES!!! Everybody knows, the deal even mooore damage ?

The horses are the real MVP, me and a buddy run an unlimited ally game from time to time (so that he can bring the sisters of twilight and i can bring settra) and settra's horses put in more work than just about anything else. We need more horse support, horse buffing rules when gw? But yeah my own LoB list i'm currently running is just bloodknights smash with vordhai and nefi doing things too i guess. There's a couple foot vampires (vlad and isabella's models obviously) and a bunch of dire doggos and skeles too but they just kinda sit around on objectives watching the real fight happen. ?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ravinsild said:

I have a gimmicky Neferata list that’s pretty bare bones, but I just badly wanted an excuse to use her. 

It’s just a fluffy all vampire list. I doubt it’s particularly good or strong though. 

Allegiance: Legion of Blood
Mortal Realm: Shyish

Leaders
Neferata Mortarch Of Blood (400)
- General
- Lore of the Dead: Soul Harvest (Deathmages)
Vampire Lord On Zombie Dragon (440)
- Deathlance & Shield & Chalice
- Artefact: Ethereal Amulet 
- Lore of the Vampires: Vile Transference
Vampire Lord (140)
- Mount: Flying Horror
- Lore of the Vampires: Amaranthine Orb
Necromancer (110)
- Lore of the Deathmages: Overwhelming Dread

Battleline
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)

Units
15 x Blood Knights (720)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 110

Drop the necro! He will just slow you down and I would split at least 5 Blood Knights to give you another threat!

If you get a good charge and screen with your wolves you can do some pretty big dmg! but if they have the charge against the BK their are ******!

• Like 2

Sooo, got a nice friendly game in. Trying out a bunch of stuff against a Wrath of Khorne/Blood Reaver List. After rolling for Places of Arkane Power, my 4 mages were just declared victorious and the Sermon of Khorne was initiated.

1500 points LoB: Coven Throne (aura of dm, orb of enchantment, vile t.), Prince V (pinions), Vamp (fly, orb), necromancer (dread), 60zombers, 3x5 wolves

AE01FEF8-54C0-4A90-BAA8-01366D689F1E.jpeg

After he embarrassed himself by not charging first turn helterskelter, I took, strategically stupid, the 1/2 double to superbuff my zombers (vamp+1A,coven rr1h/w/s) and show him how Khorne needs to be praised. sadly my necromancer fumbled the dance, but they still went in there like Hollywood Movies promise. Stupid reaver dissolved, pile in positioning madness to reduce casualties but still bind his whole army in the bog. Reasoning was, if they get deleted...resummon. Doggies went flanking and charge blocking.

The rest of turned into a mess, with the zombers slowly but surely munching through his whole army, the -2 bravery debuff doing work. Only sad sidenote after prince V bravely but stupidly charged a korgoth and mighty lord (totally pulped them) the wrath of Khorne bloodthirster joined the fray. As general, kitted out as herokiller (2x+1dmg) the flail and the axe just one shotted the poor guy. Wrong placement, that was, what the coven was supposed to do, but they just chilled the whole game, because Zombers everywhere ?

86D410A0-279C-4433-AC6E-623B0425BA47.jpeg

After the fourth round (feeding the vamp lord to the Bt) we quit, but staged the fight Bt vs Coven... Spoilers: not a good idea.

His MVP: totally devastating Bloodthirster

My MVP: 60cal Zombermob, still had like 35 left and they brawled with 2/3 of the army

last thoughts: bought a corpse waggon, Prince V needs a second change...

Edited by Honk
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Honk said:

Prince V lacks durability for how big a target he is. He definitely works best as a foil for a mortarch but he needs more regen or a better wound mitigation option. Blood chalice helps but it is possible for him to be focused down before you can heal him with vile t and the chalice.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lucky Snake Eyes said:

Prince V lacks durability

Well, being charged by the WoK Bt who was kitted out for max damage (d3+2) that really leaves a mark. And with run&charge, being whipped by some whatever, that Bt had a threat range of 30“ or so, so I had to sacrifice him to pull the Bt far from the centre and then bind that crazy thing by charging puppies and finally the vamp lord. If the Bt would have went into my zombers, they would have exploded.

I will certainly try him out again, was pretty pleased with his killyness. Like the 3+ hero deleting Breath Attack, and it’s not as stupid op as the bcr snowball

• Like 1

On 10/12/2018 at 11:29 PM, Honk said:

Sooo, got a nice friendly game in. Trying out a bunch of stuff against a Wrath of Khorne/Blood Reaver List. After rolling for Places of Arkane Power, my 4 mages were just declared victorious and the Sermon of Khorne was initiated.

1500 points LoB: Coven Throne (aura of dm, orb of enchantment, vile t.), Prince V (pinions), Vamp (fly, orb), necromancer (dread), 60zombers, 3x5 wolves

AE01FEF8-54C0-4A90-BAA8-01366D689F1E.jpeg

After he embarrassed himself by not charging first turn helterskelter, I took, strategically stupid, the 1/2 double to superbuff my zombers (vamp+1A,coven rr1h/w/s) and show him how Khorne needs to be praised. sadly my necromancer fumbled the dance, but they still went in there like Hollywood Movies promise. Stupid reaver dissolved, pile in positioning madness to reduce casualties but still bind his whole army in the bog. Reasoning was, if they get deleted...resummon. Doggies went flanking and charge blocking.

The rest of turned into a mess, with the zombers slowly but surely munching through his whole army, the -2 bravery debuff doing work. Only sad sidenote after prince V bravely but stupidly charged a korgoth and mighty lord (totally pulped them) the wrath of Khorne bloodthirster joined the fray. As general, kitted out as herokiller (2x+1dmg) the flail and the axe just one shotted the poor guy. Wrong placement, that was, what the coven was supposed to do, but they just chilled the whole game, because Zombers everywhere ?

86D410A0-279C-4433-AC6E-623B0425BA47.jpeg

After the fourth round (feeding the vamp lord to the Bt) we quit, but staged the fight Bt vs Coven... Spoilers: not a good idea.

His MVP: totally devastating Bloodthirster

My MVP: 60cal Zombermob, still had like 35 left and they brawled with 2/3 of the army

I was playing around with another list today. It included 60 Zombies :) Don't see that very often anymore. 

• LOVE IT! 1

53 minutes ago, Amradiel said:

Don't see that very often anymore. 

And it’s a shame... they really were fun to field and delivered. Of course against a 3+ save it’s tough.

just finished the corpse cart, thinking about a relativly pure old school necromancer army...