AoS 2 - Legion of Blood Discussion

RuneBrush

Im now seriously considering adding in an allied ghoul king on terrorghiest.

Ive always wanted to make a legion of blood fear based army work, this is the list I'm thinking about now.

VLOZD - 440

Ghoul king on terrorghiest - 400

vampire lord - 140

necromancer - 110 

2x tomb banshees - 160

40 skeletons spears - 280

10 skeletons swords - 80

10 skeletons swords - 80

5 blood knights - 240

5 dire wolves  - 60

Total 1990

I can use the ghoul kings command ability to summon in a unit of 3 crypt flayers on turn 1.

I would then have 6 scream attacks to go along with the universal -2 to bravery from all the banners. and Hopefully the necro can get off decrepify to bring down the bravery even more. Would not be great on every opponent but on things like deepen it would be brutal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Speaking of sharing lists, looking for a quick reality check on mine! I'm not sure if it should be Legion of Blood or not. I own about 100 Deathrattle units (Skeleton Warriors and Black Knights) but also four Vampires. My current list looks like this, with a little more room to grow:

---

GeneralNecromancer

Leader - Vampire Lord (Flying Horror)

Leader - Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon w/ Deathlance and Ancient Shield

Leader - Vampire Lord on Nightmare

Leader - Vampire Lord on Nightmare

Battleline - 40x Skeleton Warriors w/ Spears and Shields

Battleline - 40x Skeleton Warriors w/ Spears and Shields

Battleline - 10x Direwolves

Elites - 10x Black Knights w/ Lances and Shields

Total: 1940 - CP: 1 + 1/turn

---

Still unfinished, there are 60 points left for more Wolves or maybe some Endless Spells.

Anyway, I have 860 points worth of Vampires, so the +1 attack boost would effect a big chunk of the force. However, I have no Blood Knights, and there are no good LoB Command Traits that make sense on a Necromancer commander. Is Legion of Blood right for this list? Or should I try a different Legion?

I think your list would benefit more from being either a Grand Host of Nagash for the extra regeneration on the Skeleton blocks or Legion of Sacrament for +1 to cast and the Wristbands of Black Gold on the VLoZD. Just 4 extra attacks on the Vampires doesn't really merit playing the Legion of Blood. The -1 Bravery I feel is something you have to either build around or largely ignore in your decision to play the Legion of Blood. 

I am wondering how much of the meta is going to revolve around Endless spells and how that impacts the value of the Amulet of Screams. How potent are you guys finding the Endless spells in practice?

8 hours ago, Macarian said:

I think your list would benefit more from being either a Grand Host of Nagash for the extra regeneration on the Skeleton blocks or Legion of Sacrament for +1 to cast and the Wristbands of Black Gold on the VLoZD.

Haha, that's what I was originally planning on! Then someone said to run LoB, so I came here. I was thinking of Wristbands on the VLoZD, or the -2 to hit relic on the Necromancer to make a practically-invincible general.

Also, Sacrament allows for some crazy speed combos- Cogs and Mastery of Death speed up skeleton warriors to a frightening 16" move+charge, while Black Knights are going 24". However, swapping Mastery of Death for the charge re-roll could make it easier to charge after using Endless Legions. So many options...

8 hours ago, Macarian said:

Just 4 extra attacks on the Vampires doesn't really merit playing the Legion of Blood. The -1 Bravery I feel is something you have to either build around or largely ignore in your decision to play the Legion of Blood. 

It isn't much, but does it at least buff the Zombie Dragon too? That would be helpful if it did.

Edited by arka0415

14 hours ago, arka0415 said:

It isn't much, but does it at least buff the Zombie Dragon too? That would be helpful if it did.

It does.

I'm thinking of taking something like the below list for a spin to get a sense for what's possible:

Spoiler

Allegiance: Legion of Blood

LEADERS

Vampire Lord On Zombie Dragon (440)

- General

- Command Trait : Walking Death

- Deathlance

- Artefact : Ring of Dominion

- Lore of the Vampires : Vile Transference

Vampire Lord (140)

- Nightmare

- Lore of the Vampires : Amaranthine Orb

Necromancer (110)

- Lore of the Deathmages : Overwhelming Dread

UNITS

5 x Blood Knights (240)

5 x Hexwraiths (160)

40 x Skeleton Warriors (280)

-Ancient Spears

20 x Chainrasp Horde (160)

5 x Dire Wolves (60)

2 x Morghast Harbingers (220)

-Spirit Halberds

BEHEMOTHS

Mortis Engine (180)

TOTAL: 1990/2000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 0 WOUNDS: 143

LEADERS: 3/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 2/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4

ARTEFACTS: 1/1 ALLIES: 0/400

I think the list is fairly balanced, but we'll see.

Thoughts:

1. The VLoZD outfitted as is under the LoB seems scary.  21 to hit rolls at full health means 3-4 of those attacks score mortals on average with the command trait.  Might be a bit janky, but I think I can add to this nonsense with Ring of Domination, with the stolen weapon also getting +1 attack from the Allegiance Ability, and the ability to Mortal off a roll of 6.  Combine with Dread Knight and I can't imagine much surviving that combat.
  2. Blood Knights pack a very good punch as well, as long as they get in on the charge.  Hexwraiths provide the screen necessary to keep the Blood Knights from getting bogged down, and can fly over the target unit, do some mortals, pile-in from the back, and open up the lane for the Blood Knight charge.  The mounted VL rides with this cavalry block for support.
  3. The Morghasts pose another legitimate threat with good reach thanks to extended charge range, and big rend-2 to tackle more defensive blocks if needed.  The bravery debuff bubble adds to the LoB bravery threat.
  4. The battleline is meant to grind out a win by attrition.  40 Skeletons can do surprising damage.  20 Chainrasps add durability.  Both supported by a Necromancer for extra recursion and either VH buff or OD debuff as needed.  The Mortis Engine accelerates the attrition game by radiating MW across a -3/-4 bravery debuffed bubble and also debuffs enemy casting.
  5. Small unit of wolves roam as needed, grabbing objectives, tying up a shooting unit for a turn, or pinning a key target in place.

There are holes here for sure, but it seems fun, and gives me an option for Death other than Nagash.

19 hours ago, arka0415 said:

Doh! All weapons are affected, so yeah its a good chunk more than four attacks. I stand by what I said though, the other Legions provide more buffs to large blocks of Skeletons so if that is the core of your force I think you get more mileage out of the other Legions. 

4 hours ago, Lemon Knuckles said:

I think the list is fairly balanced, but we'll see.

Thoughts:

1. The VLoZD outfitted as is under the LoB seems scary.  21 to hit rolls at full health means 3-4 of those attacks score mortals on average with the command trait.  Might be a bit janky, but I think I can add to this nonsense with Ring of Domination, with the stolen weapon also getting +1 attack from the Allegiance Ability, and the ability to Mortal off a roll of 6.  Combine with Dread Knight and I can't imagine much surviving that combat.
  2. Blood Knights pack a very good punch as well, as long as they get in on the charge.  Hexwraiths provide the screen necessary to keep the Blood Knights from getting bogged down, and can fly over the target unit, do some mortals, pile-in from the back, and open up the lane for the Blood Knight charge.  The mounted VL rides with this cavalry block for support.
  3. The Morghasts pose another legitimate threat with good reach thanks to extended charge range, and big rend-2 to tackle more defensive blocks if needed.  The bravery debuff bubble adds to the LoB bravery threat.
  4. The battleline is meant to grind out a win by attrition.  40 Skeletons can do surprising damage.  20 Chainrasps add durability.  Both supported by a Necromancer for extra recursion and either VH buff or OD debuff as needed.  The Mortis Engine accelerates the attrition game by radiating MW across a -3/-4 bravery debuffed bubble and also debuffs enemy casting.
  5. Small unit of wolves roam as needed, grabbing objectives, tying up a shooting unit for a turn, or pinning a key target in place.

There are holes here for sure, but it seems fun, and gives me an option for Death other than Nagash.

It looks like a nicely rounded force, let us know how it fares!

I'm currently building up a speed-focused list:

Leaders
Neferata (400) - Overwhelming Dread 
Vampire Lord on Nightmare with Chalice of Blood (140) - Amulet of Screams /  Spirit Gale
Vampire Lord on Nightmare with Chalice of Blood (140) - Amethystine Pinions
Bloodseeker Palanquin (320) - Soulbound Garments / Vile Transference

Court of Nulahmia (110)

Units

10 Blood Knights (480)
10 Chainrasps (80)
10 Chainrasps (80)
10 Chainrasps (80)

Endless Spells

Chronomantic Cogs (50)
Malevolent Maelstrom (20)

2 CP (100)

=2000

3 CP at start + 1 per turn

A very unbalanced army looking to smash in melee combat. The added Command Points are used to re-roll charges, use Neferata's -1 to hit debuff and recycle the Chainrasps.

With Chronomantic Cogs and the Court of Nuhlahmia the reach for Neferata and her Court becomes incredible:
Neferata: 16 + 2 + 4 + 4-12 = 26-34
Bloodseeker Palanquin: 14 + 2 + 4 + 4-12 = 24-32
Vampire Lord: 10 + 2 + 4 + 5 + 4-12 = 25-33

The Blood Knights obviously also benefit quite nicely:
Blood Knights: 10 + 2 + 8-12 = 20-24

Even the Chainrasp Hordes have a better chance to get their charges of when they emerge from the grave and thus have a better chance to tie up enemy units.

The added charge distances puts the army outside of the range of quite a lot of shooting and harmful magic before it charges in. It's a very unbalanced list and it will probably suffer in some missions and match-ups as a result. But I do love the sight of so many angry Vampires zipping across the battlefield!

Not sure how competitive that one would be, but I really would love to see the combination of those heroes fall into an ememy line with Nef just standing back casting and debuffing while the Spirit Torment and the Guardian of Souls add some nice support for the mourngul and the chainrasps:

LEADERS
Neferata Mortarch Of Blood (400)
Necromancer (110)
Spirit Torment (120)
Guardian of Souls with Nightmare Lantern (140)
UNITS
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
20 x Chainrasp Horde (160)
BEHEMOTHS
Mourngul (300)
- Allies
ENDLESS SPELLS
Prismatic Palisade (30)
Aethervoid Pendulum (40)
Soulsnare Shackles (20)
TOTAL: 1940/2000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 1 WOUNDS: 100

I'm thinking of just going out and having a blast with the following.  Not the most competitive, but will scare the **** out of the opponent.

LEADERS

Prince Vhodrai (480)
UNITS
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
ENDLESS SPELLS
Chronomatic Cogs (60)
TOTAL: 2000/2000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 0 WOUNDS: 83

A slightly more balanced list (which won me a recent tournament, just slightly tweaked here):

LEADERS

Bloodseeker Palaquin (320)

Counts of Nuhlahmia (120)
UNITS
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
10 x Dire Wolves (120)
TOTAL: 1950/2000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 1 WOUNDS: 91

Edited by Goddin

7 hours ago, Sactownbri said:

I’ve never had success playing minimum unit size battlelne units.  I see lots of people playing them. I’ve only really had success with maxed units, my flavor of choice being zombies. How do you succeed with dire wolves of min size?

Success is an odd term in a vacumn.  It needs to be defined. 

I suspect it is bc you are trying to use those units in a way that they just can't be used.  Generally, those min Battleline units are not fulfilling that role on the table.  They are not the workhorse units.  The roles they are very similar to the role of Irregulars in historical black powder armies. 

In fact, Plan A for mine is sort to basically get killed.  If they die allowing my Regular workhorse units engage when and where they want in max potential, then that is a full success for that unit.

On 7/3/2018 at 5:34 AM, Macarian said:

Doh! All weapons are affected, so yeah its a good chunk more than four attacks. I stand by what I said though, the other Legions provide more buffs to large blocks of Skeletons so if that is the core of your force I think you get more mileage out of the other Legions. 

Assuming the Skeletons make it into combat with ~30 models remaining, and the Vampires enter combat largely unharmed, the Legion of Blood +1 attack buff provide a similar damage boost (mainly from the VLoZD) compared to Lord of Nagashizzar and doesn't require a linchpin hero, which seems helpful. However, there are no good Command Traits for a Necromancer general, and the re-rolling save rolls of 1 artefact isn't as good as Wristbands of Black Gold for the VLoZD, so I feel like I'd only be taking Legion of Blood for the Vampire attack boost (which is very fluffy but maybe not ideal).

Instead, Sacrament would buff army speed, casting, and VLoZD. Grand Host would buff Skeleton Warrior attacks and Skeleton Warrior durability. Tough choice.

On 6/26/2018 at 12:27 PM, Deadkitten said:

VLoZD

2 × Vamp Lord

3 × min Blood Knights

3 × min Wolves

Max Wolves

+1 CP

So played two games with this list an won both versus Wanderers and Nurgle.

Vs Nurgle it was Total Conquest.  I essentially split my force.  Large wolves, VLoZD and a BK unit on defense and everything else on offense.  There was a marauder unit attacking backed up by Blightkings.  In the center was a GUO with 30 Plaguebearers.  My opponent took the first turn and then I won priority round 2 for the double turn.  So basically, the Marauders hit the wolves and was counter charged by the Dragon.  It then went into the Blightkings along with the Blood Knights to wipe them out.  I swept away the other flank, consolidated on the Objective and made sure I had a screen for the GUO + block of Plaguebearers.  I had 3 objectives and the 4th was wide open.  On his turn the block of Plaguebearers hit the screen I threw up and got into the BKs running with the VZoZD a bit as well.  We called it at that point.  The VLoZD was free to roam and I had effectively blocked him off from 2 and maybe 3 objectives.  I would have been able to resurrect a  wolf unit and through the large one into the Plaguebearers.

Second game was vs Wanderers playing Better Part of Valor.  Opponent had the vast majority of his army in reserve that could come on any table edge.  He had a pretty good hammer unit, archer characters, regular archers, and then some more archers.  Also a couple of light cav units.  I bubble wrapped my Deployment table edge forcing him to come on at his edge.  I threw the VLoZD up front and some BK behind.  He popped his once per game -3 rend ability to drop the Dragon.  I played it cagey behind some woods until I could hit his center which folded.  On my right I tried running some BK up the flank.  He did his teleport wiht his hammer unit (forget what they were- Glade Guard?) but missed an 8" charge with a reroll.  Whew...  He was able to sneak on of the cav units through to take my right objective from the unsupported wolves.  I was able to take it back but it did really interesting things to the objective VP tally.  The BK dropped his big hammer unit by 60-70%.  I was able to consolidate on the center objective and able to then threaten the right, backing up the engaged BK, at which point we called it.

Good games.  Those BK HAVE to get their charge off.  Losing the dragon was a bummer but the -3 rend thing is just so brutal.  I gave him 3 units, knew 1 would go, but figured the other 2 could do the job.  The Nurgle player just botched the scenario.  He figured he could pivot the GUO+ pals to whichever flank he needed to but I was able to block him off and basically ignore that chuck while focusing on the lightly held flanks.  I'm taking the List to a local event on Sat.  Need to just change up spells and whatnot but I'll leave the units as is.

On 7/6/2018 at 8:52 AM, Deadkitten said:

So played two games with this list an won both versus Wanderers and Nurgle.

Vs Nurgle it was Total Conquest.  I essentially split my force.  Large wolves, VLoZD and a BK unit on defense and everything else on offense.  There was a marauder unit attacking backed up by Blightkings.  In the center was a GUO with 30 Plaguebearers.  My opponent took the first turn and then I won priority round 2 for the double turn.  So basically, the Marauders hit the wolves and was counter charged by the Dragon.  It then went into the Blightkings along with the Blood Knights to wipe them out.  I swept away the other flank, consolidated on the Objective and made sure I had a screen for the GUO + block of Plaguebearers.  I had 3 objectives and the 4th was wide open.  On his turn the block of Plaguebearers hit the screen I threw up and got into the BKs running with the VZoZD a bit as well.  We called it at that point.  The VLoZD was free to roam and I had effectively blocked him off from 2 and maybe 3 objectives.  I would have been able to resurrect a  wolf unit and through the large one into the Plaguebearers.

Second game was vs Wanderers playing Better Part of Valor.  Opponent had the vast majority of his army in reserve that could come on any table edge.  He had a pretty good hammer unit, archer characters, regular archers, and then some more archers.  Also a couple of light cav units.  I bubble wrapped my Deployment table edge forcing him to come on at his edge.  I threw the VLoZD up front and some BK behind.  He popped his once per game -3 rend ability to drop the Dragon.  I played it cagey behind some woods until I could hit his center which folded.  On my right I tried running some BK up the flank.  He did his teleport wiht his hammer unit (forget what they were- Glade Guard?) but missed an 8" charge with a reroll.  Whew...  He was able to sneak on of the cav units through to take my right objective from the unsupported wolves.  I was able to take it back but it did really interesting things to the objective VP tally.  The BK dropped his big hammer unit by 60-70%.  I was able to consolidate on the center objective and able to then threaten the right, backing up the engaged BK, at which point we called it.

Good games.  Those BK HAVE to get their charge off.  Losing the dragon was a bummer but the -3 rend thing is just so brutal.  I gave him 3 units, knew 1 would go, but figured the other 2 could do the job.  The Nurgle player just botched the scenario.  He figured he could pivot the GUO+ pals to whichever flank he needed to but I was able to block him off and basically ignore that chuck while focusing on the lightly held flanks.  I'm taking the List to a local event on Sat.  Need to just change up spells and whatnot but I'll leave the units as is.  

Thanks for sharing! Cool to see a fast list work so well :) Do you feel like you need the third small unit of wolves and what spells and artefact did you use?

4 hours ago, Macarian said:

Thanks for sharing! Cool to see a fast list work so well :) Do you feel like you need the third small unit of wolves and what spells and artefact did you use?

I had Pinions on both the Dragon and my General.  The General's trait was Sanguine Blur (+2 Move & Reroll charge) with the Orb of Enchantment.  I ran the other Lord as support for the big unit of dogs so it had Vile Transference.

As to your question, yes, I liked having access to the third unit.  I think the large unit works best without being tied to the Knights so essentially each unit of knights has its own screen.  Practically, two were generally enough and I used the 3rd as a hassle unit.  

I was at a local 3 round event on Sat.  It was very low key but the store was full, maybe 20 people.  It was my first AoS event.

First round was vs Deepkin.  5 objectives, 1 center, and we scored each round.  I made so many errors.  I mixed up which model was my general and ended up in combat with the Eidolon without the Orb.  Oops.  I did take out a ton of the stabby eels.  I had a moment where I charged the Dragon into two casters sitting on an objective.  I knew the right answer was to split the attacks but I had no idea how much damage I needed to do to kill them both so I put it all into one and then wasn't able to take the objective.  I missed so many castings just completely forgetting Magic entirely.  Also missed resurrecting the 30 dogs.  Definitely the jitters.  I lost, but not too hard and that guy ended up coming in 2nd so there's that.

Second game was vs LoN Sacrament.  He was running Vhordrai and another VLoZD.  It was the mission where you burn objectives for points depending on how long you have it.  I was doing real well, I think.  Still a few errors but nothing too bad.  I dropped Vhordrai without needing to pop the Orb and had a good set up to take out the VLoZD.  That was his general and he was running the Mark of the Favored.  It generated MWs on the unit attacking it.  He claimed the MWs were generated before the attacks.  The FAQ says after, but I didn't check.  I did call over the TO who ruled the attacks happened after the MWs from the Trait in the absence of an FAQ.  So no surviving model = no actual attacks.  I put out a LOT of attacks.  So I lost that one too, but learned a valuable lesson.

Round 3 was the other one I tested with the weird deployment zone.  It was vs Savage Orcs.  He had the big stone guy and just loads and loads of the two Orcs with the big spear battering ram.  I ended up tabling him.  I just kick out so much damage at -1 Rend.  I was able to gum up his big stone baddy with the 30 dogs.  He ran the Cogs endless spell set on movement so I was able to basically pick my matchups.  That third wolf unit achieved me my secondary by moving off the opposing table edge for the rest of the game.

All in all a good event.  There's definitely some room to stream line the list a bit.  Might not need that 3rd unit of 5 dogs, the 30 unit could be 20 and then there's the CP.  All the bad bits were my fault.  I never really truly felt like I didn't have the tools I needed or was out classed or anything like that. Definitely going to finish getting it painted up so I can take it to larger events.

Edited by Deadkitten
  • Thanks 2

What do people think of this list:

Neferata 400
VLoZD 440
Prince Vhordrai 480
chonomatic cogs 60
skeletons x10 80
direwolves x10 120
direwolves x10 120
spirit hosts x6 240
command point 50

You'd have a second command point to either use Vhodrai's ability to get another pile in with the VLoZD at some point, or the ability to bring back a big direwolves unit or spirt host unit at some point.  Also considering making the wolves units min size and turning the spirit host unit into a unit of 9.    

Cogs gives the 3 big hitters quite a long range for attacking first turn.  Thoughts?

It is rather nice to see a lot of the lists on here resemble the basic structure of my own army. Glad I am on a solid track at least. 

What are everyones thoughts on the more...forgotten elements in the Battletome. Mostly Fel Bats, Bat Swarms, and most importantly...the Coven Throne. I like the Coven Throne when I used it in Path to Glory, and it is the biggest reason I started Death. The Beguile spell can be BRUTAL, especially on big death star like units.

Also, anyone think the Castellens of Crimson Keep batallion is solid? Will probably run those units anyways, so worth a try...

Will try and get some games in soon, see for myself.

I'm considering a bit of a fun 1k point list:

Vampire Lord on horsey - 140
5xBlood Knights - 240
5xBlood Knights -240

20 Chainghast - 160
20 Chainghast - 160
5 Direwolves - 60

Thinking it's got bodies for objectives / being anvils and then my blood knights to provide the painful hammer!! Though no endless spells which is a shame but 10 blood knights at 1k should prove fun.

Really excited now that I'm pulling together the Nighthaunt book with the Legion of Nagash Book.

New List:

Legion of Blood, From Hysh

Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon w/Spear and Shield  - General - Aura of Dark Majesty (440)

-Lens of Refraction

-Vile Transferrence

Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon w/Spear and Shield (440)

-Mirrored Curriass or Gleaming Blade (can't decide)

-Spirit Gale

Prince Vhodrai (480)

-Amethystine Pinions

Guardian of Souls (140)

-Overwhelming Dread

Direwolves x 5 (60)

Chainrasps x20 (160)

Chainrasps x 20 (160)

Battalion - Chainguard (120)

Total = 2000

This results in 2 artifacts, 1 CP to start the game, 2 Vampire lords on Zombie Dragon buffed by the Legion of Blood ability, with artefacts, plus Prince Vhodrai.  3 summonable units to bring back/heal each turn, including objective grabbing direwolves. 4 wizards, 5 drops.

What do you think?  Would it be worth dropping Vhodrai for Neferata + Direwolves x 5 + a cheap endless spell but losing Aura of Dark Majesty?  Aristocracy of Blood better on the General?  Any suggestions?

Edited by Goddin

On 7/11/2018 at 10:43 AM, Lightbox said:

5xBlood Knights - 240
5xBlood Knights -240

20 Chainghast - 160
20 Chainghast - 160
5 Direwolves - 60

Thinking it's got bodies for objectives / being anvils and then my blood knights to provide the painful hammer!! Though no endless spells which is a shame but 10 blood knights at 1k should prove fun.

You mean 20 Chainrasp, not 20 Chainghast I guess?

I am actually dreaming of an army of ~20 Chainghasts (8 units of 4 models) blasting enemies at 15" but this is more for a 2k list.

24 minutes ago, Uvatha said:

You mean 20 Chainrasp, not 20 Chainghast I guess?

I am actually dreaming of an army of ~20 Chainghasts (8 units of 4 models) blasting enemies at 15" but this is more for a 2k list.

Yes.... yes I do mean rasps XD Curse GW for all their similar unit names!!

I mean 20 chainghast does sound fun though (if very expensive £££ wise)

On 7/11/2018 at 3:43 AM, Lightbox said:

5xBlood Knights - 240
5xBlood Knights -240

20 Chainghast - 160
20 Chainghast - 160
5 Direwolves - 60

my buddy playing SCE for the first time.  He engaged the wolf line and got counter-charged by the Knights. 

20180714_134555.jpg

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 3:12 AM, Deadkitten said:

my buddy playing SCE for the first time.  He engaged the wolf line and got counter-charged by the Knights. 

20180714_134555.jpg

Went well I take it?

I'm planning to rock my chainrasps 1) for backfield objectives and 2) because I don't want to have to buy, build and paint loads of dire wolves :( I mean I guess I could make them ghostly wolves or just be lazy and do them all black with red eyes for like shadow creature wolves ;) 

Though I can see the idea behind the fast tanky front line to hold things up for your knights to get in and skewer.