AoS 2 - Legion of Blood Discussion

RuneBrush

38 minutes ago, Enwolved said:

Did not thought about deployment area, so  in a lot  of cases i have 12 inches to deploy. and 3 inch deep. i have 16 knight size models so 1 inch large each, and so you are right they do not fit there. So i should put a unit of blood knights on sperhead, and move a unit of black nights to rearguard.

Edited by sadon

@Honk

You talked about a big unit of Blood Knights.

You can field 5 man units of Blood Knights in Spearhead or Mainbody. 

But if you want to field 10 man, they have to be in rearguard because they aren't Battleline. (Only Battleline can be Doublesized in the Mainbody).

Edited by EMMachine
  • Thanks 2

Hey guys, I decided on this list for a tournament on the coming weekend. Since I've never played in one so far, I am pretty hyped.
What are your thoughts on my final list? Any tips and tricks or something I should pay attention to?

LegionOfBlood MPD
Enwolved - Allegiance: Legion of Blood - Mortal Realm: Shyish

LEADERS
Neferata Mortarch of Blood (380)
- General
- Lore of the Dead : Overwhelming Dread (Deathmages)

Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon (440)
- Deathlance & Shield & Chalice
- Artefact : Ethereal Amulet
- Lore of the Vampires : Vile Transference

Necromancer (130)
- Lore of the Deathmages : Overwhelming Dread

UNITS
40 x Skeleton Warriors (280)
- Ancient Spears
5 x Dire Wolves (70)
5 x Dire Wolves (70)

10 x Blood Knights (400)
10 x Grimghast Reapers (160)

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN
Suffocating Gravetide (20)

TOTAL: 2000/2000   EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 1

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Seems incredibly solid.  An option might be to drop the reapers down to a cheaper unit like black knights and take another endless spell (maybe jaws or purple sun or something else to stifle movement).

I think blades on the skellies is better and seems to be the more competitive choice.

20 hours ago, Enwolved said:

Hey guys, I decided on this list for a tournament on the coming weekend. Since I've never played in one so far, I am pretty hyped.
What are your thoughts on my final list? Any tips and tricks or something I should pay attention to?

LegionOfBlood MPD
Enwolved - Allegiance: Legion of Blood - Mortal Realm: Shyish

LEADERS
- General
- Lore of the Dead : Overwhelming Dread (Deathmages)

Necromancer (130)

UNITS
- Ancient Spears
5 x Dire Wolves (70)
5 x Dire Wolves (70)

10 x Blood Knights (400)
10 x Grimghast Reapers (160)

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN

TOTAL: 2000/2000   EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 1

I hope I won't meet your Blood Knights upcoming Saturday. :-D I might would have substitute those 10 Reapers with something else. Not sure about the use of 10 Reapers for 160 Points. :-S  But as Death1942 said I guess it's a solid list. :-)

11 minutes ago, Sneedlewoods said:

I hope I won't meet your Blood Knights upcoming Saturday. :-D I might would have substitute those 10 Reapers with something else. Not sure about the use of 10 Reapers for 160 Points. :-S  But as Death1942 said I guess it's a solid list. :-)

Haha, it looks like we are the only two LoB players, so we have to stand together anyway.
Better dont get hit by all those golden space marine range attacks =)

Its funny, I threw the Reapers in last minute. At first I had a Vampire Lord in mind, but since I can only buy one additional CP,  I wont be able to use his CA, which would be really sad. I thought about adding 3 Vargheists, they look cool, but they are incredibly weak defensively. But I definitely like them more, because they are Vampires =) See you on saturday!

• Thanks 1

Heej,

Need some advice for my list.  I like to make a legion of blood bravery debuff army. My main mate plays goblins. We also like to go to tournaments mostly for fun.

This is my list at the moment:

LegionOfBlood
Allegiance: Legion of Blood - Mortal Realm: Shyish

LEADERS

- Trait: soul crushing contempt

Vampire lord on nightmare

- Lore of the vampires: Amarinthe orb

Necromancer (130)

Allies;

Lady  Olynder ( love the model)

UNITS
10x zombies
10x zombies
10x zombies
5x Blood Knights
5x Blood Knights

Behemoth:

Terrorgheist

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN
Suffocating Gravetide (20
Purple Sun
Horrorghast

I have 60 points left over.

Any tips or changes you guys would do

• Like 1

On 7/17/2019 at 11:42 AM, Karazla said:

Any tips or changes you guys would do

Solid idea, but not really min/max...

and somebody told me that bravery debuff is better in LoGrief.

Last 60 points should go into a 20 squad of zombers, just to keep your necro save. Many think about combining the bloodknights for a devestating charge...

Yeah, but then i can't play vampires.

Played a game and it worked but going to change it a bit. I needed more screams

The fun factor was establisment me and my friend had a lot of laughs at -1 bravery goblins ( we now it cant get that low but still XD )

I did make a mistake by doing two squads of vampire. He could take out one squad because i double charged whoops.

I changed my list to:

LegionOfBlood

LEADERS

Banshee

Allies;

UNITS
10x zombies
5 x hounds
10x zombies
10x Blood Knights

Allies:

3x Cryptflayers

Behemoth:

Terrorgheist

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN
Horrorghast

2000 points round

You get some more scream attacks.  The necromancer didnt ad to much to the army except for the spell. At higher point i will propably play neferate voor the spell plus debuff.

Morning all, a couple friends and I recently got into AoS and I've played maybe a half dozen games now. I'm an old 40k player but really enjoying AoS. So far we've really only done ~700 point battles as we're building up our armies. However our plan is to be playing 1,000 point games on the regular, mostly using Pitched Battle scenarios / objectives. I've put together a couple different lists and would like to get some feedback on. My opponents are Stormcast, Nighthaunt and eventually Sylvanth. I don't want to build a list tailored to any one opponent and I'm not necessarily looking to MIN/MAX my list, as this is more of a fun thing among friends. I am particularly a fan of the Vampires within LoN, which is why I'm leaning towards Legion of Blood. I haven't really decided on command traits, artifacts or spells yet.

List #1
Vampire Lord x1
Cairn Wraith x1
Dire Wolves x5
Dire Wolves x5
Blood Knights x5 
Blood Knights x5
Hexwraiths x5
Spirit Hosts x3
Total Points: 1,000
List #2
Vampire Lord x1
Vampire Lord x1
Dire Wolves x5
Dire Wolves x5
Blood Knights x5
Hexwraiths x5
Spirit Hosts x3
Glaivewrath  Stalkers           x8
Total Points: 1,000
List #3
Vampire Lord x1
Necromancer x1
Dire Wolves x5
Dire Wolves x5
Blood Knights x5
Hexwraiths x5
Spirit Hosts x3
Zombies x20
Total Points: 990

In all the lists the "common strategy" would be Dire Wolves to screen for Blood Knights to increase the likely hood of getting a charge off. Hexwraiths to grab objects, and/or hunt/tie up an enemy Hero. Spirit Hosts are there to tie up stronger units and/or Heros with the chance of putting mortal wounds on them while they're doing that.

List #1, two pairs of Blood Knights and Dire Wolves to be the main spearhead. Down side of this list IMO is lack of bodies to fight enemy screens/fodder. Also only one "real" hero. The Cairn Wrath is there to fill points and give another Deathless Minions 6" bubble.

List #2, a pair of Vampire Lords to make my Hero situation better but only one group of Blood Knights to be the real punching bag. An 8 man Glaivewrath Stalkers unit to be kind of tanky with Etheral and fills in the points perfectly.

List #3, one Vampire Lord and one Necromancer. This has two decent Heros (much better than List #1) and puts more bodies on the roster with 20 zombies

The main theme I'm trying to stick to is at least one Vampire Lord and at least one unit of Blood Knights. I like the high mobility of all three lists, with the exception of List #3's zombies but that isn't too bad. I'm not super convinced of Vargheists effectiveness, which is why I haven't even considered them

23 hours ago, Karazla said:

The fun factor was establisment me and my friend had a lot of laughs at -1 bravery goblins ( we now it cant get that low but still XD )

I did make a mistake by doing two squads of vampire. He could take out one squad because i double charged whoops.

I changed my list to:

LegionOfBlood

LEADERS

Banshee

Allies;

UNITS
10x zombies
5 x hounds
10x zombies
10x Blood Knights

Allies:

3x Cryptflayers

Behemoth:

Terrorgheist

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN
Horrorghast

2000 points round

You get some more scream attacks.  The necromancer didnt ad to much to the army except for the spell. At higher point i will propably play neferate voor the spell plus debuff.

So I think you're on to something and have a good theme in mind!

However, I think the issue you face is a real lack of staying power at the expence of more bravery gimmicks. I'm mainly looking at the zombies, 10 wounds with no save and a 5+/5+/-/1 isn't really going to achieve anything. Zombies *need* numbers to perform else they're just very easily shifted bodies. While they do inflict the -2 Bravery, it will never happen for long.

Your list is also rather fast, which is great! Everything except the zombies is zooming forward so they will soon be left behind. I'd say yuor best bet is to replace the zombies with wolves in both cases. You get the same number of wounds but much more quality stats in all cases, plus they still cause a -1 Bravey for being LoB. If you want to take it further, you could also remove the Banshee and make one of the wolves units 10 strong to give you another decent threat.

Hello, i win a tournament of ME in spain with this list:

Allegiance: Legion of Blood
Mortal Realm: Shyish

Spearhead
10 x Chainrasp Horde (80)

Main Body
Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon (440)
- General
- Vampiric Sword & Shield & Chalice
- Trait: Aura of Dark Majesty 
- Artefact: Ethereal Amulet 
- Lore of the Vampires: Amethystine Pinions
5 x Dire Wolves (70)
5 x Blood Knights (200)

Rearguard
5 x Blood Knights (200)

Total: 990 / 1000

My opinion, in ME the use of fast units are pretty important. The use of a dragon whit rend invulnerability, -1 to hit in combat phase, +1 attack whit all of his melee weapons, and 1 spell for move +5 are very strong. Furthermore, the vampire cavalry in small maps as ME, assures a efective charge. As you already know the charge of blood knights are extraordinary good, with only 4 vampires i kill 20 dryads.

In other ME battles, i will put the 5 dire wolves in the spearhead.

Finally, only this list made difficult for me:

Allegiance: Destruction

Rearguard
Madcap Shaman (80)
3 x Fellwater Troggoths (150)

Main Body
Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (280)
- General
12 x Squig Herd (140)

6 x Squig Herd (70)

Sperhead
5 x Boingrot Bounderz (100)
10 x Squig Hoppers (180)

Total: 1000 / 1000

The chaman had Itchy Nuisance. 

And the Loonboss one item that once per battle allows to fight first (and he retreated her monster after his attacks every time). 

This list is a aproximations, i think that he used more Boingrot Bounderz...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sartxac said:

Hello, i win a tournament of ME in spain with this list:

Spearhead
10 x Chainrasp Horde (80)

Main Body
Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon (440)
- General
- Vampiric Sword & Shield & Chalice
- Trait: Aura of Dark Majesty 
- Artefact: Ethereal Amulet 
- Lore of the Vampires: Amethystine Pinions
5 x Dire Wolves (70)
5 x Blood Knights (200)

Rearguard
5 x Blood Knights (200)

Total: 990 / 1000

My opinion, in ME the use of fast units are pretty important. The use of a dragon whit rend invulnerability, -1 to hit in combat phase, +1 attack whit all of his melee weapons, and 1 spell for move +5 are very strong. Furthermore, the vampire cavalry in small maps as ME, assures a efective charge. As you already know the charge of blood knights are extraordinary good, with only 4 vampires i kill 20 dryads.

In other ME battles, i will put the 5 dire wolves in the spearhead.

Finally, only this list made difficult for me:

Allegiance: Destruction

Rearguard
Madcap Shaman (80)
3 x Fellwater Troggoths (150)

Main Body
Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (280)
- General
12 x Squig Herd (140)

6 x Squig Herd (70)

Sperhead
5 x Boingrot Bounderz (100)
10 x Squig Hoppers (180)

Total: 1000 / 1000

The chaman had Itchy Nuisance. 

And the Loonboss one item that once per battle allows to fight first (and he retreated her monster after his attacks every time). 

This list is a aproximations, i think that he used more Boingrot Bounderz...

i played with the same list ( with having the blood knights on spearhead and the chainsrap on rearguard) , and the orb of enchantment instead of the etheral amulet as we ban realm artifacts in our group. So far out of 5 games it has won all of them. i think it might be one of the stronger lists out there for meeting engagement, due to the mobiliotya nd big impact of our units. most of the time each thing the zombie dragon or the knights charged dies!

Had a really nice meeting engagement yesterday against seraphon.
I was bringing  
spearhed
2x5 Blood Knights

main body
Vampire lord walking death & gyrstrike
Necromancer with -1 to hit spell
20 skellies

Rearguard
10 wolves

and a prismatic palisade. He had a 20 warriors blob, a skink priest and a carnosaurus with the come back to life artifact as main body, 10 saurus and a sunblood spearhead and 3x2 ripperdactyls rearguard. 
We got the 3 obj diagonal mission, main body on the field, spearhead at end of turn 1 and rearguard at end of turn 2. I win the roll and have him start. 

Turn 1
He nabs the left obj with the carnosaur and advances in the center with the blob. The sunblood and 10 warriors arrive and he puts them as close as possible to the right obj.
I fly the vampire on the right obj and make my skellies advance in the center. The bloodknights arrive and  i put them dangerously close to the carnosur but in a way that he can only charge one unit and leave himself open to a countercharge. I also putted the barricade between the big dino and the center obj, in a way that he would not be able to get there in 1 turn and that everyone fighting there would be in the 5+ aura of the spell.
No points are scored.

Turn 2
He wins the roll and goes first. Advances the blob in the center into the obj but with not quite enough models to avoid the skelly charge, run the 10 warriors + sunblood toward the vampire to scare him off the obj and nabs it. The priest hangs back and does his hooga booga that makes the carnosaur -1 to be hit. Then he takes the bait and charges the bloodknights with him (i think he might have thought that the BK were a single unit). He kills two and gets two wounds in response. I start giggling. 3x2 ripperdactyls arrive and are put on the left obj.
I go and cast the necro spell on the center blob, the VL fails the aramanthyne orb and puts himself at 6 total attacks with the CA. Then i move him up to the 10 warriors and sunblood to charge them, wich cause the opponent to start laughing. He evidently does not know what gyrstrike does.  Skellies walk on the center obj and take it. The untouched bloodknights charge the carnosaur and the opponent gets pale. Even with -1 to hit they kill him. Then he comes back to life with 4 wounds and the horses attack, killing him again.  He makes the saurus pile in on the VL and attack him putting him to 2 wounds left. He goes and murders seven of them, the rest run :D giving me the right obj. I dont charge the skellies because like this i have the center. 10 wolves arrive on the right obj.
i score 5 points for the objs and the kills.

Turn 3
We roll and i get a double turn. I basically won at this point but we keep going. The short of it is that the VL murders the sunblood, the bloodknights destroy the ripperdactyls (both units) and get blasted in return by the sking priest that does something like 9 mortal wounds (?!?!) but still hold the left. Skellies get cherged by the 20 warriors blood but thanks to the necro spell and the palisade, they hit on a 6+ and only kill 3 skellies, while the bonedudes kill 5 of them (i would have probably killed more but i thought that the palisade triggered on a 4+ instead of a 5+). Necromancer raises them back though so yeah.

I score obj and kills, putting me to 10pts against his 0

Turn 4
He gets the double turn but to no avail, he kills a lot of skellies and gets the kills but i have the objs and win the game 13-2

Observations: the palisade is really usefull on a small battlefield.  Bloodknights are just brutal and the VL can be kitted out to be quite the nasty. All in all i think we are in quite the good spot, although i could not say about competitive scenarios. If i did not get the double i would have probably lost some more BK to the ripperdactyls but i would have still probably won considering my points advantage and the three man BK unit remaining to countercharge. I think i will change the skellies to zombies since in a unit of 20 they would not kill mutch anyways

Edited by Raptor_Jesues

Posted this in the grand host of nagash thread aswell because i wasnt sure what sub-legion this would fit into. I want to make a 1k~ list with start collecting skeleton horde box as base. What kind of lists can i go with? Preferably many skeleton warriors, no nagash but hopefully one with the big guy that comes with the box (i can proxy arkhan as neferata/mannfred)

I have heard that neferata+vamp lord work well with skeletons, but dont you need a necromancer to bring back slain skeleton warriors?

Edited by Icefighter

My first list we play semi competitively usually skaven, nighthaunt, seraphon. would this list be able to keep up?

Leaders
- General
- Lore of the Dead: Overwhelming Dread (Deathmages)
Coven Throne (260)
- Artefact: Ethereal Amulet
- Lore of the Vampires: Vile Transference
Vampire Lord (140)
- Mount: Flying Horror
- Lore of the Vampires: Vile Transference

Battleline
5 x Dire Wolves (70)
5 x Dire Wolves (70)
- Ancient Blades

Units
10 x Blood Knights (400)
3 x Vargheists (150)
3 x Vargheists (150)
2 x Bat Swarms (80)

Endless Spells / Terrain

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 152

1 hour ago, kenshin620 said:

Well looks like people who use dragon blades as blood knight conversions are going to need to find a new source if you want to stick with gw models. Or pray for soulblight update, if that ever happens.

Thanks a bunch for the heads up. Just got me 5 from ebay since I'd have lacked 5 Blood Knights, else. 

Hello guys. I have rough idea for a list but need small help and suggestions from more experianced players here. I have this now:

Neferata (OD, general)

Vampire on zombie dragon (transference, ethereal amulet)

Vampire on zombie dragon (pinions, orb of enchantment)

Bloodseeker palanquin (transference)

5 wolfs

5 wolfs

10 zombies

Palisade

Malevolent maelstrom

Court of nulahmia

1 CP.

I am not sure about artefacts, spell distribution and the battleline + endless spells. Zombies are there to block turn one charges if oponent is some alfa strike army. Also more bodies for objectives. I can always pull them out of the grave if enemy dont have this tactic. I am wondering if I should drop wolfs for zombies and increse unit size of one zombie unit to 20. I can also drop zombies for chainrasps but then I will need to get rid of the palisade. Or I can take chainrasps for maelstrom and wolfs but then I lose that mobility.... so many decisions :D

Thanks for your suggestions guys 

1 hour ago, AHexInScarletRed said:

They're out of stock on the homepage and won't come back, as it seems. 

I have a comformation from employe that many old high elfs model are moving to legacy. They will not be available in match play. Order draconis, white lions and eldrich council are gone. They will probably be replaced by new aelf army

21 minutes ago, ZLee Syn said:

I have a comformation from employe that many old high elfs model are moving to legacy. They will not be available in match play. Order draconis, white lions and eldrich council are gone. They will probably be replaced by new aelf army

To move away just a tad further from Legion of Blood - I'm keen on new Aelves. Apart from this, I did a heavy conversion on some Dragon Blades I really adore, is why I needed 5 more of them now that they'll not be available for much longer. 

On 7/22/2019 at 2:44 PM, Karazla said:

I changed my list to:

LegionOfBlood

LEADERS

Banshee

Allies;

UNITS
10x zombies
5 x hounds
10x zombies
10x Blood Knights

Allies:

3x Cryptflayers

Behemoth:

Terrorgheist

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN
Horrorghast

2000 points round

Sadly I think this list isnt legal. Lady Olynder is a mortarch so if you play her you need Neferata.