AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

I would also encourage you to look at the Exalted Keeper of Secrets from Forge World. She's bonkers.

Speaking of which, this weekend I had another 1k game. Got first turn by bringing 4 units (exalted keeper, keeper, 2x 10 Daemonettes) for 900 points with 2 CPs and crushed. Slightly awful deployment meant that the Exalted Keeper could run across the board and smash the general (some named character on a skeleton horse) in combat with her fight twice ability. She only needed to fight once to kill him, so the second volley was against the little Chaingasts, whom she wrapped up in two turns. The basic Keeper didn't do too much besides distracting the enemy and killing a few things, but the game was mostly an exercise of getting the Exalted Keeper into combat with stuff, smushing it to paste, and moving along.

4 minutes ago, Siemano said:

Hello again. Another question on my mind. If i take the Seeker host, do all my slaanesh units 'have to' charge when im closer then 12" to the enemy? Even if i run with everything? Or if i run i cannot charge?

They must charge if they are able, but the wording does not allow them to charge when they otherwise wouldn't be able to. Daemonettes can run and charge, so they will always have to, but "must" rarely overrides "can't".

So You mean they cannot then :D The word play is tricky in this sentence, i played wfb for years, and i thought it works similar to the old frenzy. I understand it like "they must charge if it is physically possible".

14 minutes ago, Siemano said:

So You mean they cannot then :D The word play is tricky in this sentence, i played wfb for years, and i thought it works similar to the old frenzy. I understand it like "they must charge if it is physically possible".

I think it is more "they must charge if it is possible for them to do so within the rules." I suspect that is the case, if it's not, can another enlighten us?

45 minutes ago, Unit1126PLL said:

I think it is more "they must charge if it is possible for them to do so within the rules." I suspect that is the case, if it's not, can another enlighten us?

You are correct if they can’t run and charge, and you run them, then they can not charge. But they can pile in if you run which is why the devotee of torment is very useful 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Tzeentchmike said:

You are correct if they can’t run and charge, and you run them, then they can not charge. But they can pile in if you run which is why the devotee of torment is very useful 

Oooh, right, you can be selected to fight within 6" rather than 3.

Does that mean you are also immune to being attacked first, since they can't pile in to you so you can idle all day at 5", then pile in and swing? That's ingenious.

12 minutes ago, carnith said:

why pile in 5"? The keeper has a 2" range on all of its weapons. Have a line of daemonettes soak up the charge. then have the keeper a daemonette length deep and swing over. 

Usually I am the one doing the charging, as I can go wheeling in fairly easily with my speed and have no reason to wait until the enemy is done shooting and spelling me to absorb the charge. So the idea would be to move and Run, then pile in 6",  rather than moving (without running) and Charging.

1 hour ago, Unit1126PLL said:

Oooh, right, you can be selected to fight within 6" rather than 3.

Does that mean you are also immune to being attacked first, since they can't pile in to you so you can idle all day at 5", then pile in and swing? That's ingenious.

It's definitely a nice little trick we can play 

4 minutes ago, Unit1126PLL said:

Guh. I already use the Invigorated by Pain and Allure of Slaanesh Command Traits, which are just awesome.

This one is so good though I'm not sure if I should pass up on it.

Definitely don't pass up on devotee of torment - it's amazing. Run and pile in, retreat and pile in, choose attack order, move nearly 12" with proper placement on two pile ins with the KoS, and escape defensive abilities that trigger on a charge.  Absolutely amazing. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Unit1126PLL said:

Guh. I already use the Invigorated by Pain and Allure of Slaanesh Command Traits, which are just awesome.

This one is so good though I'm not sure if I should pass up on it.

I would drop the allure is slaanesh as we have helstriders to give out the negative buffs at the moment. I really like invigorated by pain as it just keeps the keeper in the fight for so much longer. Plus extra depravity points.

1 minute ago, Tzeentchmike said:

I would drop the allure is slaanesh as we have helstriders to give out the negative buffs at the moment. I really like invigorated by pain as it just keeps the keeper in the fight for so much longer. Plus extra depravity points.

I don't use Hellstriders as I am trying to run a mono-Daemon army, without mortals (yes I know blah blah it's bad).

I was using the Allure to stack with Gryph-Feather Token to get a -2 to be hit in Melee, which seems really powerful. A -1 considerably less so, though the Devotee of Torment ability seems equally powerful...

I guess I like allure of slaanesh with hellstriders as it gives things with a 4+ to hit only hitting on 6's. If I don't have to take a hit, I'd rather not. However, I can see it being somewhat helpful for healing from mortal wounds.

1 hour ago, Unit1126PLL said:

I don't use Hellstriders as I am trying to run a mono-Daemon army, without mortals (yes I know blah blah it's bad).

I was using the Allure to stack with Gryph-Feather Token to get a -2 to be hit in Melee, which seems really powerful. A -1 considerably less so, though the Devotee of Torment ability seems equally powerful...

That was my intention to start with but helstriders have the daemon keyword so I was fine with that once I had them painted in th same scheme as the daemonettes. Only recently have I included both the chaos sorcerer lords for al, the buffs they give out and their great spells.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Tzeentchmike said:

They are but they have both the keywords due to the seekers 

Ah okay. Yeah, I'll probably not run them if I can avoid it. Still, is Allure of Slaanesh worth it if I am not running the -1 from Hellstriders or should I still take Devotee of Torment?

5 minutes ago, Unit1126PLL said:

Ah okay. Yeah, I'll probably not run them if I can avoid it. Still, is Allure of Slaanesh worth it if I am not running the -1 from Hellstriders or should I still take Devotee of Torment?

Chances are you won't be hit in combat much with devotee of torment, so I'd take that. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Enoby said:

Chances are you won't be hit in combat much with devotee of torment, so I'd take that. 

You say that now, but one of the ways my Exalted Keeper (Czumneth is her name) has died is being charged by 10 reanimated Hexwraiths with Danse Macabre, even with the -2. I fully expect her to get charged once she's deep inside the enemy line.

On 7/24/2018 at 11:40 AM, Enoby said:

the Masque of Slaanesh.

What changed that the masque is now more popular?  Or was just the movement shenanigans that useful in the past but people didn't take her much?  Just looking for insight on her.