AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

3 minutes ago, kahadin said:

The website folded slaves into everchosen. I think darkoath fluff was that they are basically marauders from total war. They don't worship the gods directly. The models they've shown have just been updated marauders so far, so I feel like we are just getting barbarians and no warriors of chaos, an I assumed no god specific stuff. 

They may do the batallion thing though. I actually don't like that style.

Yeah that'd be in line with what they've done already. Take one concept from StD (the marauders), build an army out of it, and compendium the rest. So darkoath is all about the marauders, then chaos warriors, knights, chosen, lords, all get the axe.  Maybe replace some of them with an expanded everchosen to be the elite 'chaos undivided' army. Either way, i won't be buying any mortals until it's clear what they're planning on doing with them. Shame too because I've always loved the chaos warrior model. 

They just released a Christmas battleforce for slaves to darkness, so I doubt highly they are getting the axe. Plus most of those minis are still very good. Warriors are a bit static and chosen could use a new model but chaos knights and the chariots are very modern appearing

I think it's abit hasty to think they are dumping warriors of chaos. Like I said, I bet they will get folded into a new everchosen book. If they redo all the old books they need to do everchosen. We will see them there.

As a side note, do you guys think hellstriders will just become a new kind of demon? They had mutated heads, maybe they will no longer be mortals.

Also I wonder if we will get an armored knight variant and an unarmored light variant. The kit could do it.

1 minute ago, Overread said:

More from the Twitch

Hellstriders are now back to being two different units in one box.
Strong hint that "new mortals" might well come "one day" But it strongly hints that its a way off so likely nothing this year at all 

I'm kind of torn. Fortunately I have a lot of slaanesh demons and a unit of hellstriders already, so I pretty much have a hedonites army, but I'll be afraid to invest too much knowing a whole mortal expansion pack will be coming out in a year or two...or more 

1 minute ago, kahadin said:

I'm kind of torn. Fortunately I have a lot of slaanesh demons and a unit of hellstriders already, so I pretty much have a hedonites army, but I'll be afraid to invest too much knowing a whole mortal expansion pack will be coming out in a year or two...or more 

I'd not be afraid, it encourages me more. A lot of the new stuff is leaders and heroes and characters - ideal things to get now so that they can support a mortal army later. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Frowny said:

They just released a Christmas battleforce for slaves to darkness, so I doubt highly they are getting the axe. Plus most of those minis are still very good. Warriors are a bit static and chosen could use a new model but chaos knights and the chariots are very modern appearing

I'd be happy to be wrong, and I agree the StD line has some real gems, but I would've said the same thing about executioners, black guard, corsairs, the black dragon, boar boys, spear chukkas... Really any time they compendium something they lose some good minis. It's just a feeling I'm getting from how things have been trending, but we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out. I'm paranoid so I won't be buying miniatures that could just disappear from the game but if other people want to take the chance then more power to them. Maybe the sales will encourage GW to keep them around. 

Edit: and cold one riders. Holy cow those were some of the best minis in the game. If we can lose those, nothing is safe. 

Edited by Grimrock

7 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

I'd be happy to be wrong, and I agree the StD line has some real gems, but I would've said the same thing about executioners, black guard, corsairs, the black dragon, boar boys, spear chukkas... Really any time they compendium something they lose some good minis. It's just a feeling I'm getting from how things have been trending, but we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out. I'm paranoid so I won't be buying miniatures that could just disappear from the game but if other people want to take the chance then more power to them. Maybe the sales will encourage GW to keep them around. 

Darkling covens are still a thing friend.

They have an allegiance and are still sold

Edited by kahadin
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, kahadin said:

Darkling covens are still a thing friend.

They have an allegiance and are still sold

Oh? Huh, I was under the impression that their point values had all been removed after the dark elves were moved to the compendium. Maybe I was wrong. 

1 minute ago, shinros said:

Welp, looks like I was right this is nothing more than a grand alliance chaos with slaanesh mark battletome. I was looking forward to updating my army. Might only buy the book for lore. :/

Slaanesh daemons are hardly 'Grand Alliance Chaos with Slaanesh Mark'. Yeah, it sucks for mortals, but it's better to think of this as a daemon book that mortals can supplement. Daemons are the star of the show, and mortals may get their own book in time (and providing they have the Slaanesh keyword, they'd be able to fit right into this book). 

5 minutes ago, shinros said:

Welp, looks like I was right this is nothing more than a grand alliance chaos with slaanesh mark battletome. I was looking forward to updating my army. Might only buy the book for lore. :/

What?

I mean, yes, this is an update to the Slaanesh-keyworded units from Grand Alliance: Chaos. It adds at least 3 new units: the split Hellstrider, the new DP, and the Contorted Epitome. What were you expecting, other than an update to GA:C with Slaanesh Keyword + new units?

Edited by Unit1126PLL

So I know this is a change of subject, but I'm really interested to see if hellstriders become  2 unique variants. Maybe heavy cav with the spears and a harass or buff/debuff unit with whips. 

We will know soon, so it may be stupid to get excited, but I am.

2 minutes ago, kahadin said:

So I know this is a change of subject, but I'm really interested to see if hellstriders become  2 unique variants. Maybe heavy cav with the spears and a harass or buff/debuff unit with whips. 

They explicitly stated that this is the case.

6 minutes ago, shinros said:

I was expecting a release similar to what the other gods recieved. 

I'm not sure what the other gods got. More mortals is what you mean?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kahadin said:

I feel like maybe they will take the extra attacks for kills mechanic and expand on that with a spear dedicated variant while the whips and debuffs get their own variant that are hopefully independently stronger at the cost of losing the overlap of having both abilities.

Just now, shinros said:

I was expecting a release similar to what the other gods recieved. 

It's a shame we didn't get one, but there's no use dwelling on it. Sure, complain to GW so that they know what you want (I fully support this so long as it's not done in excess), but at the end of the day, you can either accept and be happy with what is still an awesome release (if smaller than expected), or just continue to be unsatisfied and unhappy with the release. At first, I considered the latter, but then I thought about two things: if I dwell on no mortals, it won't make mortals come out and I'll just be leaching my own enjoyment; if I decide to not buy anything from the release in protest, it's counteractive as the fewer sales the less likely mortals are to come.    

It's fine if you don't like what we got (personal opinion and all), but there's no point disliking what we got because we didn't get more. 

It's unfair, it's disappointing, I get it, but it's currently a fact that we can't currently change. 

• Like 2

Just now, Unit1126PLL said:

I'm not sure what the other gods got. More mortals is what you mean?

Yeah, and while a lot of the khorne and nurgle stuff is from wfb, all three of the other gods have significant mortal choices that slaanesh lacks. So GW is kinda going against the precedent they set for chaos. On the bright side khorne took 3 books to get where they are now rules wise, meanwhile we may lack units, but we seem to be getting really solid rules. perhaps unit bloat does hurt the rules coherency of an army, but still having more than hellstriders would be nice.

1 minute ago, Enoby said:

(I fully support this so long as it's not done in excess)

Bite your tongue good sir/madam/incorporeal monstrosity! You defy everything slaanesh is about! And like I said in an earlier post, it's a shame that they're breaking the precedent on god armies, but at least our rules seem really solid out the gate, meanwhile khorne took 3 books to get to a decent state. Something can be said for unit bloat hurting rules coherency.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lucky Snake Eyes said:

Yeah, and while a lot of the khorne and nurgle stuff is from wfb, all three of the other gods have significant mortal choices that slaanesh lacks. So GW is kinda going against the precedent they set for chaos. On the bright side khorne took 3 books to get where they are now rules wise, meanwhile we may lack units, but we seem to be getting really solid rules. perhaps unit bloat does hurt the rules coherency of an army, but still having more than hellstriders would be nice.

Ah yeah. I think the biggest thing is they wanted to overhaul Slaanesh, but didn't know how to go about Daemons and Mortals simultaneously, so they focused on Daemons, realizing their vision for the new Keeper of Secrets (which was needed badly) and the invaders cavorting across the realms.

What I would really like to see, and might fit Slaanesh more, is instead of an "inner circle" of Mirror-Guard style mortals, they instead allow the inducting of mortals from other Grand Alliances, Cult of Pleasure style. That would facilitate an army of mortals seduced by Slaanesh from all walks of life, which is how the novels read. E.g. the Red Hours, which has a couple Free People guys, a Lion Ranger, a Dwarf, and others who get seduced by a daemon of Slaanesh called the Mother of Heroes.

1 minute ago, Enoby said:

It's a shame we didn't get one, but there's no use dwelling on it. Sure, complain to GW so that they know what you want (I fully support this so long as it's not done in excess), but at the end of the day, you can either accept and be happy with what is still an awesome release (if smaller than expected), or just continue to be unsatisfied and unhappy with the release. At first, I considered the latter, but then I thought about two things: if I dwell on no mortals, it won't make mortals come out and I'll just be leaching my own enjoyment; if I decide to not buy anything from the release in protest, it's counteractive as the fewer sales the less likely mortals are to come.    

It's fine if you don't like what we got (personal opinion and all), but there's no point disliking what we got because we didn't get more. 

It's unfair, it's disappointing, I get it, but it's currently a fact that we can't currently change. 

Yeah its just more the fact I am tired of GW doing the minimum for slaanesh. At the current moment even skavrn has a more expansive plastic range than we do. I would rather wait longer than get this. That's just me, the fact salt is flying across the web I think this was a misfire. They set the precedent with the other gods, Its not a shock why people are unhappy and now they are adding on that our unique lords are now generic? 

Well I'm going to cool off. Don't want to pollute the thread.

• Like 1

Just now, Elazar The Glorified said:

The loss of the Boobworm entirely kills my army theme. Quite gutted and not keen on the idea of having to rebase my ones to use as the StD Lord

Why did the resurrect the art of him for the Slaanesh lore article to then can it? 

Because they always reuse old art and it's cheaper than commissioning new art for everything. 

1 minute ago, Elazar The Glorified said:

The loss of the Boobworm entirely kills my army theme. Quite gutted and not keen on the idea of having to rebase my ones to use as the StD Lord

Why did they resurrect the art of him for the Slaanesh lore article to then can it? 

That artwork was old, putting that up was a mistake.

People seem to be really missing how well BoC will fit in to this new book. Boohoo - no new mortals, its done, deal with it. Look at the toolbox of available options and be excited that the book didn't get BoK or Fyreslayers treatment. New mortals would have been cool but getting a new Keeper is way more important, it brings Slaanesh to the table and updates a very old kit. 

Edited by SwampHeart