AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

Those enraptureses are pretty rough. With the way things are going Id be afraid they would be changed with the new book. I'm not sure if they intended for them to be summoned that efficiently. Once I caught on to the gimmick it seems like one of the strongest tactics is really to chain summon in more off each other. You get at least one free one a turn and that is if your harps hadn't been doing anything. 

Looked like a lot of fun games. How did your opponents feel seeing all your enrapturesses? Did you hide the extras in out case and just pull them out as needed? I could imagine being on the other side of the table and thinking  "surely that's the last one!" Then feeling my heard break as you pulled more out of your bottomless bag of depravity. 

21 minutes ago, kahadin said:

Those enraptureses are pretty rough. With the way things are going Id be afraid they would be changed with the new book. I'm not sure if they intended for them to be summoned that efficiently. Once I caught on to the gimmick it seems like one of the strongest tactics is really to chain summon in more off each other. You get at least one free one a turn and that is if your harps hadn't been doing anything. 

Looked like a lot of fun games. How did your opponents feel seeing all your enrapturesses? Did you hide the extras in out case and just pull them out as needed? I could imagine being on the other side of the table and thinking  "surely that's the last one!" Then feeling my heard break as you pulled more out of your bottomless bag of depravity. 

On 12/18/2018 at 5:35 PM, carnith said:

Haha I had them all out on my board to be seen.  Lots of people walking by to look at armies saying, "wait, what? Aren't those heroes? Can you take as a unit?" Or things like that. Really hope they are still 6points in new book or I'm going to be spamming them on eBay instead of my list.  I think game 3 if I had screened my damage dealers with enrapturesses and just sacrificed 5 of them I would've had better chance.  Get back 20 depravity and get 3 back, then counter attack with 75% instead of 20% of army.

• Haha 1

The herald of Slaanesh is the true army screen

edit: I think the enrapturess is best for the free depravity, but now I'm thinking about spamming exalted heroes or something lol

Edited by kahadin

Hey all,

I'm starting to feel confident enough with my slaanesh play to try taking them to tournaments and want some list feedback. I usually run LoN when I go to tournaments but wanted a change of pace. A lot of my army is admittedly converted or consistent of slaves to darkness units as they where my side army until January when I decided to switch them over to slaanesh along with me starting an emperors children army in 40k. 

I still don't have a whole lot of slaanesh unique stuff yet, I've even been proxying belakor as a keeper of secrets for the time being until the new kit releases since belakor can't technically join any army anyways. My current list is:

Pretender host

KoS (general, alure of slaanesh, invigorated by pain, gryph feather charm)

Infernal enrapturess

Daemonettes X 30

Hellstriders X 10

Exalted seeker chariot 

Warshrine 

Godsworn champions of ruin:

Daemon prince (rockjaws)

chaos warriors X 20(great weapons)

exalted hero

exalted hero

exactly 2000 points of slaanesh (with the obvious 170pt cost of the battalion coming out of allies)

Any thoughts?

47 minutes ago, Poryague said:

The fyreslayers preorder next Saturday.  One more step closer to slaanesh.

Yeah, I think it's a good sign for us. Thinking about it, what else coming up for GW in the near future? We have Warcry, the Gloomspite thing, and what else? I reckon we could be seeing late April/early May.

6 minutes ago, Lucky Snake Eyes said:

Hellstriders X 10

Hmmm, you may be already, but make sure to split these up into two units of 5 to maximise their reach. 

7 minutes ago, Lucky Snake Eyes said:

Warshrine 

Godsworn champions of ruin:

Daemon prince (rockjaws)

chaos warriors X 20(great weapons)

exalted hero

exalted hero

Maybe it's just me, but I really don't think mortals work well in Slaanesh. They're not awful per se, but their lack of speed and hitting power means they tend to sit back and twiddle their thumbs while the daemons carry. 

For example, your 20 chaos warriors cost 360; due to base size, you'll likely only ever get 10 in maximum. This means you'll get 20 attacks, 4/3/-1/1; against a 4+ save, that'll be about 4 damage. 

Then look at the 30 daemonettes who cost 270 points; due to their base size, you should get about 20 in. That's 40 attacks at 4/4/-1/1, but extra hits on 5s and 6s and rerolling 1s. You'll get about 14 extra hits. Against a 4+ save, you'll do about 13 damage. This isn't even taking into account that you can pile in and attack twice using your KoS. 

While you get more wounds in your unit of Chaos Warriors, you pay more points (each wound is worth 9 points in Chaos Warriors and 10 points of daemonettes). You then have to ask yourself whether the 4+ save is worth losing out on more bodies, an average of  5" extra movement, and an average of 10 extra damage against a 4+ save. 

If you want something tanky in Slaanesh, I'd suggest 6 fiends paired with hellstriders. Saving against a brutal 20 attacks at 3/3/-1/2 damage, chaos warriors take 12 damage, whereas the fiends take 4 on average. They are more expensive, but they do pull their weight. 

I hope this helps :)

11 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Hmmm, you may be already, but make sure to split these up into two units of 5 to maximise their reach. 

Maybe it's just me, but I really don't think mortals work well in Slaanesh. They're not awful per se, but their lack of speed and hitting power means they tend to sit back and twiddle their thumbs while the daemons carry. 

For example, your 20 chaos warriors cost 360; due to base size, you'll likely only ever get 10 in maximum. This means you'll get 20 attacks, 4/3/-1/1; against a 4+ save, that'll be about 4 damage. 

Then look at the 30 daemonettes who cost 270 points; due to their base size, you should get about 20 in. That's 40 attacks at 4/4/-1/1, but extra hits on 5s and 6s and rerolling 1s. You'll get about 14 extra hits. Against a 4+ save, you'll do about 13 damage. This isn't even taking into account that you can pile in and attack twice using your KoS. 

While you get more wounds in your unit of Chaos Warriors, you pay more points (each wound is worth 9 points in Chaos Warriors and 10 points of daemonettes). You then have to ask yourself whether the 4+ save is worth losing out on more bodies, an average of  5" extra movement, and an average of 10 extra damage against a 4+ save. 

If you want something tanky in Slaanesh, I'd suggest 6 fiends paired with hellstriders. Saving against a brutal 20 attacks at 3/3/-1/2 damage, chaos warriors take 12 damage, whereas the fiends take 4 on average. They are more expensive, but they do pull their weight. 

I hope this helps :)

I'd love to have more daemons but I'm working with all the daemons i got outside of some seekers. I do have 3 fiends that i will likely be summoning in, but I only own 30 daemonettes. I'm hoping the fiends and enrapturess get released in their own kits soon because I'd run more of them in a heartbeat. I know my warriors lack mobility which is why I'm running a pretender host to try to mitigate their low speed with some reroll potential and the warshrine for the 6+ after save, battleshock immunity and the charge rerolls.

41 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Yeah, I think it's a good sign for us. Thinking about it, what else coming up for GW in the near future? We have Warcry, the Gloomspite thing, and what else? I reckon we could be seeing late April/early May.

The gloomspite one is probably the furthest out no models were previewed. These ones previewed models like slaanesh did 

1. New generic endless spell box

2. New terrain piece for everyone

3. New Underworld khardron overlords.

4. Warcry this is a larger release.

Edited by Poryague
Wording
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lucky Snake Eyes said:

I'd love to have more daemons but I'm working with all the daemons i got outside of some seekers. I do have 3 fiends that i will likely be summoning in, but I only own 30 daemonettes. I'm hoping the fiends and enrapturess get released in their own kits soon because I'd run more of them in a heartbeat. I know my warriors lack mobility which is why I'm running a pretender host to try to mitigate their low speed with some reroll potential and the warshrine for the 6+ after save, battleshock immunity and the charge rerolls.

eBay is a good place to go for fiends if you wanted another 3👍🏻

1 hour ago, Poryague said:

The gloomspite one is probably the furthest out no models were previewed. These ones previewed models like slaanesh did 

1. New generic endless spell box

2. New terrain piece for everyone

3. New Underworld khardron overlords.

4. Warcry this is a larger release.

Where do you reckon we'll fit in here? 

2 hours ago, Enoby said:

Where do you reckon we'll fit in here? 

Take with salt a French wargamer who accurately predicted goblins, abbadon for 4ok and some other things. On his I believe April 3 or 4th podcast said slaanesh in 4 weeks. If true late April early may. It can be hard to say. There enough stuff on the schedule that we could get pushed out to late may early June. I do hope the end April early may is true.

Well next Saturday is dwarf preorder along with the rest of chaos space marine update. We might be soon after but someone told me nurgle had to wait several weeks after their reveal for models. I think it was in regards to death guard. I hope we don’t wait long but if we wait, it’s cause mortals are coming too

We at least can still use HoS or slaanesh for quick acronyms 

Edited by carnith

2 hours ago, carnith said:

Well next Saturday is dwarf preorder along with the rest of chaos space marine update. We might be soon after but someone told me nurgle had to wait several weeks after their reveal for models. I think it was in regards to death guard. I hope we don’t wait long but if we wait, it’s cause mortals are coming too

We at least can still use HoS or slaanesh for quick acronyms 

Another thing to consider is during that time of maggaotkin annoument to release gw found out the power grid could not handle the extra production lines in the UK. they upgraded production from 12 machines to 15. They didn't start work on grid till febuary 2018. This caused production delays and slowed them down from what they had wanted to do.

Addition the 40k 8th launched like june 2017 this is part of the reason as well as 40k ramped up through the year it started to stress production.  Add in aos was starting to move to 2.0 with its books.

https://spikeybits.com/2017/10/as-gws-sales-climb-will-store-shelves-go-bare.html

Edited by Poryague

7 hours ago, Poryague said:

Take with salt a French wargamer who accurately predicted goblins, abbadon for 4ok and some other things. On his I believe April 3 or 4th podcast said slaanesh in 4 weeks. If true late April early may. It can be hard to say. There enough stuff on the schedule that we could get pushed out to late may early June. I do hope the end April early may is true.

I do as well. Never understood why GW leave so long between announcement and release sometimes; often loses a lot of the hype when someone has to wait a long time to get the model. 

I'm still 50/50 on whether we'll get mortals; I really hope we do, but there's still a doubt as I can't imagine us getting a huge release as we were never an ultra popular faction.      

As an aside, we seem to be doing well competitively at the moment, especially for an army without a battletome. Does make me a bit cautious about future nerfs though; I personally don't think we're OP or anything, but a spell lore or proper allegiance ability could change that

Screenshot_20190408-074107_Chrome.jpg

1 minute ago, Enoby said:

As an aside, we seem to be doing well competitively at the moment, especially for an army without a battletome. Does make me a bit cautious about future nerfs though; I personally don't think we're OP or anything, but a spell lore or proper allegiance ability could change that

Screenshot_20190408-074107_Chrome.jpg

Its nice to see it moving in the right direction. The question is will it spike to legion nagash, daughters, flesh eater level with the book. That could be possible. Though I am exited to get spells legion of nagash and khorne kinda put a damper on that.

5 minutes ago, Poryague said:

Though I am exited to get spells legion of nagash and khorne kinda put a damper on that.

Any reason in particular? Just their nasty dispelling ability? 

6 minutes ago, Poryague said:

The question is will it spike to legion nagash, daughters, flesh eater level with the book. 

I have a feeling we will, if we keep our warscroll more or less in tact. We place really well in tournaments for a none battletome army despite our allegiance abilities (besides summoning) be a bit naff, so if we just get stuff added to us, we could well become a top tier army.    

5 hours ago, Enoby said:

Any reason in particular? Just their nasty dispelling ability? 

I have a feeling we will, if we keep our warscroll more or less in tact. We place really well in tournaments for a none battletome army despite our allegiance abilities (besides summoning) be a bit naff, so if we just get stuff added to us, we could well become a top tier army.    

Mostly the dispell potential of those 2 is high. Khorne got a big buff for dealing with magic.  There are probably a couple others. Without solid bonuses to cast or something else magic wont be that good. Depending on are meta some of those armies your going to run into 1 or both. Probably can add tzeentch to good denial as well. Magic can turn into no go granted the army so far can function well without it so far. Wizard could up there just to attempt to dispel and unbind more then anything.

Edited by Poryague

1 minute ago, Poryague said:

Maybe a sign we are next.  Wishful thinking.

Why would you think anything other than you're next? Your battletome has been announced, and it was announced same time as Fyreslayers, unless by some mad reason they sneak in something else in between (Seraphon if that must happen) then you're definitely getting the tome release next. 

24 minutes ago, SolomonHelsing said:

Why would you think anything other than you're next? Your battletome has been announced, and it was announced same time as Fyreslayers, unless by some mad reason they sneak in something else in between (Seraphon if that must happen) then you're definitely getting the tome release next. 

They have the forbiden power box and an underworld thing to release. Those being before us is possible. Though I hope they put the armies first then the foebidden power supplement next.

5 hours ago, Poryague said:

Mostly the dispell potential of those 2 is high. Khorne got a big buff for dealing with magic.  There are probably a couple others. Without solid bonuses to cast or something else magic wont be that good. Depending on are meta some of those armies your going to run into 1 or both. Probably can add tzeentch to good denial as well. Magic can turn into no go granted the army so far can function well without it so far. Wizard could up there just to attempt to dispel and unbind more then anything.

Ah, I see. Yeah, I can see spellcasting becoming less useful if we don't have any bonuses to cast. That said, we are running super low on wizards anyway so I doubt we're meant to be a casting army, would just be nice to have better spells.

Thinking about it, what else will we likely get that could make us much stronger? Genuinely curious because I don't know what GHB allegiances tend to get when they get a battletome.