AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

Seekers or pretenders guys?

Need a response soon. 

Exalted keeper with -1 i ncombat and ignax scales (4++ mw)

6 fiends

10 hellstriders

if I take pretenders what would be my second trait??

I'm thinking 6+ heal for damage done, or 6" pile in so I can retreat and run out of combat to a more favorable one.

Edited by carnith

3 hours ago, carnith said:

Seekers or pretenders guys?

Need a response soon. 

Exalted keeper with -1 i ncombat and ignax scales (4++ mw)

6 fiends

10 hellstriders

if I take pretenders what would be my second trait??

I'm thinking 6+ heal for damage done, or 6" pile in so I can retreat and run out of combat to a more favorable one.

Seekers, imo - movement is everything. 

Also, does anyone think that we'll have our allegiance abilities changed? Obviously we'll still have hosts (as they were mentioned) but do you reckon they'll be expanded upon as they feel a little barebones at the moment.  

11 minutes ago, 5kaven5lave said:

How important are chariots at the moment? Can you build a good list without them? Not really into the aesthetic of them. 

Not very important at all. I've never ran a competitive list with them (mostly because I can't carry them in my case), and I don't feel I've missed out.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Enoby said:

Also, does anyone think that we'll have our allegiance abilities changed? Obviously we'll still have hosts (as they were mentioned) but do you reckon they'll be expanded upon as they feel a little barebones at the moment.  

I certainly hope we get at least one more battle trait as you are correct, the two we have feel a little anemic. And I also certainly hope they rework or fix the host abilities (and it seems they will), I mean if only because one of them is currently actually useless. But these types of changes have been par for the course with other armies that finally received a battletome, so I assume we will get approximately the same treatment. 

3 hours ago, Enoby said:

Hosts will probably be exactly like the current Stormhost thing

so 1 army wide ability, 1 command ability, 1 command trait, 1 artifact

13 minutes ago, kenshin620 said:

Hosts will probably be exactly like the current Stormhost thing

so 1 army wide ability, 1 command ability, 1 command trait, 1 artifact

I was thinking that, but I'm not so sure - at least, Hosts have been designed to be synonymous with our allegiance ability, so it would be odd for them to become factions.

29 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I was thinking that, but I'm not so sure - at least, Hosts have been designed to be synonymous with our allegiance ability, so it would be odd for them to become factions.

It wouldn't be that much of a rework really. And it would make sense to do such a reorganization when dropping a battletome. I guess we'll see.

1 hour ago, exliontamer said:

It wouldn't be that much of a rework really. And it would make sense to do such a reorganization when dropping a battletome. I guess we'll see.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind the change, but I feel they may want to keep our hosts a unique concept.  

Anyone want to try guess what this thing is? At first I thought it was scenery, but I'm 99% sure it's not now - it just seems very scenery-esque. I'm guessing some sort of buff/debuff hero. Maybe a wizard? 

bee2119.jpg

I know this sounds bizarre to say but the look of the new stuff is everything I actually wanted from Aelves in AoS, except it’s Chaos and thus infinitely better. I’m getting strong Eldar Harlequin vibes personally and I’m really loving it. 

Edited by 5kaven5lave
Can’t spell.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Enoby said:

Yeah, I wouldn't mind the change, but I feel they may want to keep our hosts a unique concept.  

Anyone want to try guess what this thing is? At first I thought it was scenery, but I'm 99% sure it's not now - it just seems very scenery-esque. I'm guessing some sort of buff/debuff hero. Maybe a wizard? 

bee2119.jpg

I love the nerd face on the left.

They give me a monty hall feel. I think the thing spits out prizes. Some bad, some good.

Maybe enemy heroes can play in their game show and become a star

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Enoby said:

bee2119.jpg

I’m gonna guess a mobile artillery piece with a buff/debuff aura and a bunch of low damage rending attacks in close combat and a 3” reach with the snake tentacles. 

4 hours ago, Nullius said:

I’m gonna guess a mobile artillery piece with a buff/debuff aura and a bunch of low damage rending attacks in close combat and a 3” reach with the snake tentacles. 

Yeah, a debuff models sounds pretty reasonable.

That said, is anyone else slightly concerned by the amount of debuffs we have? We're not too strong at the moment, but if we get even more with this release, does anyone worry we might become a bit unfun to play against? A lot of people complain when I use just hellstriders (nevermind fiends and hellstriders together), so if things like this mirror and our scenery pieces are debuff items, I'm worried we may become an unfun army to play against. I know it could just be baseless speculation, but all but seekers in Wrath and Rapture have a debuff of some sort and it's always kind of been Slaanesh's thing (besides fast and lots of attacks), so it wouldn't surprise me if they doubled down on debuffs. 

Hoping for a big mortal release with this. Slaanesh mortals have all manner of great things that could be done with them. That daemon prince (what a design and so much more dotting as a daemon prince of slaanesh) could be the aspiration for some.

I wouldn't even care to say what I want as at the minute GW are producing and expanding on things way more than I can think of so fingers crossed for a range of amazing mortal models

Maybe it's me but I would sort of temper your expectations on mortals. For example tzeentch didn't get too many if you think about it, especially if you don't count Tzaangors since they're gors.

Plus theres all the warcry stuff theyre making, and assumingly the everchosen stuff.

I'm not saying they won't happen but I would realistically think there would be no more than 2-3 mortal kits including heros. Theres only so many plastic to go around. (cough and don't forget Emperor's Children)

I am curious how exactly the slaanesh update looks since it is a Non-Herald army.

Alright, back from adepticon team tourney. We scores 17/148 teams of players. This is the list for me and my partner.  Note that 2 armies can't benefit from being the same allegiance, so no double sylvaneth, but a sylvaneth/order army where order is all trees, is fine.

Slaanesh

Seekers allegiance

Exalted Daemon

-Allure of Slaanesh

-Ignax's Scales

Battleline

2x5 hellstriders

Other

6 Fiends

Beasts of Chaos

Gavespawn (their heroes turn into chaos spawn on 2+ after they die, Spawn can also pump their units with attacks)

Beastlord

-Gnarlaxe (+2 dmg but 1's are a mw back to the weilder)

Shaman

-Tendrils of Atrophy

Battleline

30 gors

10 bestigors

Other

40 Ungor Raiders

5 Centigors

Endless Spells

Gnashing Jaws

Balewind

Game 1: Gloomspite Destruction (on Hysh)

They were all gits, but the destruction player didn't get a gloomspite spell. they had around... 120 goblins on the board + heroes. Mission was where there are 6 objectives on the board and you can burn opponents for d3. I forget what our secondaries were, and tertiaries were to hold objectives with battleline, which was somewhat hard for us to do. (we never got tertiary objectives the entire tournament,  which cost us a few placements). I deployed on the left and my opponent on the right. My main job in all of these games is to take and hold a flank.  Grots in 2 40 man blocks hold center and the objective opposite our right objective (their left). Opposite me is 20 shootas, 20 stabbas, 10 bounders, and a fungoid. Also in center is skraggrot, zarbag, a loonboss, and a giant. We give first turn to have them move up, i lose a hellstrider holding an objective. Our turn we move up, and i only engage with the exalted and the hellstriders. The idea being that if i get counter charged, i have mw defence against the bounders, and I leave my fiends open to counter again, or move and engage elsewhere.  

We double turn early and i get my fiends stuck way back in his lines with a glorious 9 inch charge. I catch the bounders, some of the stabbas, unfortunately he piles in away from my exalted with his shootas and the keeper is out in the cold. My partner manages to move up the grot squad with devolve allowing bestigors to get in front and not take hits from fanatics. 

Their turn, they summon swords and hit the keeper for a good amount, and exercising beam for 6 damage so far on my keeper, and no depravity. Shootas retreat and burn out objective for 3 points. making the game 6-9 their lead. They have also moved the center line over to try to kill my fiends who now have hellstriders giving additional support. They manage to kill a fiend in all of this. We keep the priority, they choose to move a different endless spell, and i move swords away and try to kill the fungoid. I am now able to move guys back to swarm the objective and my partner brings in bullgors for fun. I have decimated the goblin ranks, easily taking on 80 grots, a giant, a shaman, and 10 bounders.  My partner gets a 24" run with centigors and captures the middle objective since goblins were not able to come back. And the right flank is won by boc and we burn 3 objectives and make the score 15-9 our lead. We call it here as there not enough time to play it out, but we win priority (it's a slightly cocked 5 on my dice but it's mostly a 5 when you stare at it from above) so even if we could, the rest of the goblins alive would be wiped out.

We found out that one of the goblin players is actually a part of The Honest Wargamer named Nathan. Good dude. Would play again. 

Game 2 vs Seraphon and Sylvaneth (Beasts)

They have Allarielle, branchwraith, knight-azyros, and 20 dryads. Slaan, Starpriest, Some guardian, and banner bearer, 20 skinks, and 3 razordons.

Their whole schtick is summoning more and more chaff on the board, or spamming razordons to kill whatever.  The mission is escalation, where battleline can be 9" away, but everything else is 18 to 24 away. We give turn 1 away and he teleports 3 razordons who tear apart a hellstrider unit. Bad start so far. We move begin to move up quickly trying to consolidate my forces back together and my partner shoots at razordons, charges skinks with centigors and then piles into the razordons who are able to do enough damage to wipe them out. Bestigors capture an objectiving, sitting in cover. 

Turn 2, they keep priority, and teleport the astrolith banner bearer to our back lines and summons a bastilodon, who takes 9 wounds out my exalted. Allarielle moves up to chuck a spear at my exalted and misses. some more movement, but an uneventful turn. On our turn, Allarielle is in such a position that I could kill her with double pile in fiends. It's very possible, but there's a bastillodon and the banner bearer, so I move back to take care of it. I also summon an entrapturess. We kill off everything  back there and move to capture all 3 objectives.

Turn 3, they still keep priority, and move allrielle to charge gors holding the middle objective. She wrecks face, but is also caught within the herdstone. She takes some damage, again nothing really eventful happens. Our turn we move the fiends up and the keeper runs as she is slower than the fiends and her goal is to buff the fiends up. the fiends make their charge, but due to terrain, not all are able to get in, but the raider shooting has brought her to 5 wounds remaining. Fiends finish her off, and pile in to attack dryads, killing 9 and making the last one flee. 

Turn 4, we double turn. Fiends move to engage the Slaan who has moved up on his balewind (Can he teleport while on the balewind? His ruling he showed us didn't lead us to beleive that he could) the keeper moves to engage the free Kurnoth Hunters Allarielle brings to the board. I engage with the keeper first, who kills the hunters in 1 go as they are now within 24" of the herdstone and get the -1 penality and sword attacks do 15 damage and murder them. The Slaan takes some hits and passes off to his body guard but not much is happening. I lose around 2 fiends to counter attacks. On their turn, Slaan goes to teleport his slaan and eternity warden away. The Warden goes first, but the slaan fails to teleport, so he summons in some more razordons, but fails to hit, and fails to charge. Knight azyros and some skinks charge the exalted who has made her way down to 2 wounds due to the latern doing some sort of mortal wound thing. Knight ayzros does 2 wounds, but i manage to save one cause I have a realm spell for rerolling saves. The Exalted swings back, wounded as she is, and kills both skinks and knight. Their dryad army that was on our right flank engages bestigors finally and don't do a whole lot, we keep the point. 

I beleive we call it here at this point. It's our victory, but i know this opponent scored us low for sportsman ship. Dunno what we did wrong, but whatever. 

Game 3 Sylvaneth and Skaven.

Sylvaneth list is the same thing, but 20 dryads instead of the knight azyros. Skaven has a warpseer, rats, plauge priest, and 2 plague claws. Also took the warp vortex. 

This has shifting objectives in your territory, you capture for d3 and if you capture opponents, its d6. 

Our worst game overall. We set up counter to what we wanted. Allarielle was against the hordes backed up plagueclaws, and i had the spellcaster who stopped me from moving due to the stupid vortex.  It ended up being that the boc player had to take my flank and I had to run and take his. The Exalted ended up soloing Allarielle in one go thanks to command ability, but we never really got far. Thanks to killing allarielle, we gained some additional points and managed to beat them by 1-2 points.

This really wasn't much of a game to talk about, except the sylvaneth player made saves like crazy. 

Edited by carnith
  • Like 2