AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

I've recently acquired some of the new fiend models and some Infernal Enrapturesses from the new set.

I got them on Ebay, so no Wrath & Rapture rules other than the ones you need to build them. I'm curious, given the new summoning mechanic Slaanesh now has access to...can you use it to summon the Enrapturesses with depravity points?

I would assume not for obvious reasons of exponential growth (although other heroes may actually be more efficient at generating the depravity points) but for some reason 14dchan, not always to be trusted as a source of information, has them listed as being summonable and requiring 6 DP to summon. However I can't find this information anywhere, so is this a fabrication of wishful thinking?

I own The General's Handbook 2018 with those summoning rules and the Enrapturesses are not listed as a unit that can be summoned. Is there an FAQ I've missed?

In any case, thanks to anyone who knows the answer to my questions.

Edited by Wundlesprut

So I have an idea for a hosts list that makes use of the depraved drove to bring in some beasts to fill out our admittedly ****** poor range of options for mortals and battalions. 

My idea at the moment is:

Shagoth

Great bray shaman

Infernal enrapturess

KoS

Herald on exalted chariot

Lord of slaanesh on daemonic mount

2 units of 10 gors

1 unit of 20 gors

1 unit of 3 fiends

gorghon

warshrine

I'm hoping that the shagoth, enraptures and KoS will earn me some quick depravity to bring in daemonettes. The fiends have handled big monsters pretty well for me in the past so i'm thinking of using them and the lord with a gryph feather charm to tie up beatsticks. The warshrine will help get charges off when i'm not rushing someone with an artefact and will help protect the beasts from battleshock and unnecessary wounds. I feel obligated to try out the gorghon because it seems like a nice distraction carnifex to throw at my opponent. The bray shaman can help the gors keep up and it's spell can help move enemy backline into charge range. All in all probably not the most optimal list but that's why i'm posting here for advice!

18 minutes ago, LordRogalDorn said:

Warshrine won't work on the beasts models. It only helps models with the Mortal keyword, which beasts of chaos models do not have. The only model in your list that the Warshrine is supporting is the Lord of Slaanesh on a Daemonic mount. 

You're right I forgot beasts don't have the mortal keyword. Figure I should run a second gorghon instead?

I would 100% bank on demon replacements for the finecast Masque and Herald along with a new Keeper, as they tie in with 40k. They seem really happy to add demon units as they can sell them in both game systems.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jagd said:

I would 100% bank on demon replacements for the finecast Masque and Herald along with a new Keeper, as they tie in with 40k. They seem really happy to add demon units as they can sell them in both game systems.

I hope hope hope that since Slaanesh is the last of the gods to get a much needed update that the release will also see a new four-god daemon prince kit...but that's probably a real longshot. GW kits have gotten more and more mono-pose and specialized and a four-god daemon kit seems way outside of what they would bring to the market these days...

So been playing around with list ideas that allow me to drop the big monster for a game or two. I came up with this idea, not sure how well it will work as it won't create as much depravity but this is a ton of super hard hitting units thanks to the double choir. 

Side note: Is two of the same battalion even allowed? I haven't seen anywhere published saying that it isn't. 

Exalted Seeker Chariot - 160pts - General, Gryph Feather Charm, Allure of Slaanesh, Supremely Vain

Infernal Enrapturess - 120pts - Icon of Infinite Excess

Infernal Enrapturess - 120pts - Rockjaws

30x Daemonettes - 280pts

10x Daemonettes - 100pts

5x Hellstriders - 100pts

5x Seekers - 120pts

5x Seekers - 120pts

6x Fiends - 320pts

6x Fiends - 320pts

Choir of Torments - 120pts

Choir of Torments - 120pts

Total: 2000pts

Already committed to playing Slaanesh at this Adepticon GT, so hopefully the Wednesday preview shows Slaanesh and that comfort will make it easier to swallow trying to play using this army and my unholy dice rolls (Kennynomics). :) I am however trying a couple lists out. My narrative continuing from Midwest Meltdown is "Just Married" so the Groom (KoS) and Bridezilla (Chaos Gargant) need to remain the cake toppers for the wedding cake display board. I'm unsure if I can get any chariots done in time. Need magic but have trouble with KoS and likely need an endless spell or 2.  As my rolls are so bad (those who have seen them know this is no hyperbole) I tend to do better being passive, rather than trying to deal damage, so units of Hellstriders (cool models!) sit and provide debuffs while I run around the board and Sigvald competes with Bridezilla (a la Gimli & Legolas tradition). Yes, I love my narrative gaming.

So Here's where I'm at and looking for some help. Pulled the trigger and FW Exalted greater KoS arrived today. Bridezilla allying is a must for theme of army and Sigvald is the "Best Man" so they're in, but I feel I need more magic. I could use FW KoS and KoS but that's pricy. I also have baller Avatar of Shah 8" tall KoS , Mierce and Creature Caster alternative KoS models (and some crappy GW ones if I somehow need to be on the stream--an event that would be painful or hilarious to all watching 🤣 so maybe ally in a Chaos sorcerer? I want 1-2 Infernal Enrapturess and LOVE new Fiend models and at units of 4+ they seem to wrk for my style of play (and luck). So you can see the points getting eaten up fast. 5 Seekers to start--can always summon more later--are a good threat of 30-bazillion inches of move to threaten or take an objective.

Anyway, apologies for the rambling, haven't actually asked the community for advice yet with Slaanesh. I'm used to my Fyreslayers. So any thoughts, examples of lists that performed well, etc. are welcome. I'm not expecting to win anything, just want to use the models I like and can paint in time, and don't want to get absolutely trounced every game. Thanks!

-Kenny

• Like 1

Good luck at Adepticon, I'm coming off of a spring bring during adepticon and 3 days of tournies would make me absolutely dead going back to work on monday, so I opted to just do Team's on friday. Speaking of which...

I need help locking down this list. There are several lists I like, but can't lock it down.

My partner is Beasts of Chaos and will have atleast

2x10 bestigors,

Shaggoth

40 raiders

Beastlord

My units that i'm deciding on are

Exalted with -1 to hit in combat and 4++ save

6 fiends

10 daemonettes

5 hellstriders

If I downgrade the exalted to a regular keeper, I could add more heroes in, same if I only take 3 fiends and not 6.

I'm thinking Seekers for certain on trait, but while I won't benefit from pretenders as much, 2 traits, such as healing on damage done, or a 6" pile in.  

Playing a single hero for an army dependent on it is pretty scary, but I feel the exalted is pretty strong with Ignax and having -hit will keep me alive and long into fight. Also i beleive my partner's shaggoth is taking sundering blades which can target my units. 

Hey quick question,

I've been playing around with the keeper of secrets for a while now and am I the only one that feels it's a limp noodle when compared to the other greater daemons? (I mean in a rules sense, slaanesh knows it's the worst of the 4 from a model perspective)

No one ever accepts the dark temptations, because why would you accept something that can so easily shut down your heroes? And it falls short as both a wizard and beat stick compared to the others. It's only leg up is it's speed. Even the exalted version seems the weaker of it's peers though I admittedly have yet to try that one on the table.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Lucky Snake Eyes said:

Hey quick question,

I've been playing around with the keeper of secrets for a while now and am I the only one that feels it's a limp noodle when compared to the other greater daemons? (I mean in a rules sense, slaanesh knows it's the worst of the 4 from a model perspective)

No one ever accepts the dark temptations, because why would you accept something that can so easily shut down your heroes? And it falls short as both a wizard and beat stick compared to the others. It's only leg up is it's speed. Even the exalted version seems the weaker of it's peers though I admittedly have yet to try that one on the table.

The exalted KoS is really strong - the best of the exalteds - but you have to use it like a precise scalpel, you have to know exactly what you're doing with it and use command traits and artefacts to the best of your agility, alongside its fantastic command ability.  It hits like a truck with -3 rend on its claws (with artefact) because its command ability gives it effectively 14 attacks.  Even the lil KoS can be good with the same set up, but don't expect it to survive if it doesn't kill what it's in. Like all of Slaanesh, they require a lot of finesse to use and are not at all forgiving if you mess up. For the lil KoS, its command ability is its best thing, and tends to be best used on 30 daemonettes or 6 fiends (effectively doubling a unit for a combat phase). 

Unlike Khorne, who relies on synergies to be strong, we rely on movement, positioning, and planning. When we outmaneuver and outsmart the opponent, we are incredibly strong - the same philosophy applies to the KoS.   

13 minutes ago, Enoby said:

The exalted KoS is really strong - the best of the exalteds - but you have to use it like a precise scalpel, you have to know exactly what you're doing with it and use command traits and artefacts to the best of your agility, alongside its fantastic command ability.  It hits like a truck with -3 rend on its claws (with artefact) because its command ability gives it effectively 14 attacks.  Even the lil KoS can be good with the same set up, but don't expect it to survive if it doesn't kill what it's in. Like all of Slaanesh, they require a lot of finesse to use and are not at all forgiving if you mess up. For the lil KoS, its command ability is its best thing, and tends to be best used on 30 daemonettes or 6 fiends (effectively doubling a unit for a combat phase). 

Unlike Khorne, who relies on synergies to be strong, we rely on movement, positioning, and planning. When we outmaneuver and outsmart the opponent, we are incredibly strong - the same philosophy applies to the KoS.   

I won't deny that the speed and command ability allows for some tactical shenanigans, but dark temptations still feels like a useless rule that inflates the cost of what could otherwise be a cost effective unit or be replaced with a rule that's more in line with rules we're seeing in 2nd edition battletomes.

The best 3 artifacts for us is scales of ignax, gryph feather charm, or a rend 3 artifact. Go full survivability to make the most of your keepers life. Also the exalted version doesn’t give the enemy a choice if they accept the gift. They get to reroll 1’s to hit but on a 6 they die at the end of combat. Use it on a hero who can’t pile in and attack or already has reroll 1’s to hit

Alrighty, so I'm working on building up my forces for an upcoming 2000 point tournament, and would like some insight into my list before I make too many purchases just to be sure that I'm making some right calls. Here is my idea using what I have along with a couple purchases:

Can't Decide between Pretenders (Add in Allure of Slaanesh for Second trait) or Seekers

Exalted Greater Daemon of Slaanesh; General, Devotee of Torment, Relic: Gryph Feather Charm.

Herald on Exalted Chariot

Ingernal Enrapturess

The Masque

30x Deamonettes

30x Deamonettes

5x Hellstriders w/ Clawspears and Enrapturing Banner

3x Fiends

Chaos Sorcerer Lord of Slaanesh

Chaos Sorcerer Lord on Manticore of Slaanesh

Gives me 46 Possible Depravity from my wounds alone. With 2 Oracular Vision, Arcane Shield and then Daemonic Power I have a good chance of 4 of my units getting to re-roll saves of 1s. Manticore goes after other monsters and key support while the Exalted scalpels out everything else. Thought on how I could improve? Are 3 fiends worth it, or should I replace them with something else and just summon them if necessary?

4 hours ago, Aenjul said:

Gives me 46 Possible Depravity from my wounds alone. With 2 Oracular Vision, Arcane Shield and then Daemonic Power I have a good chance of 4 of my units getting to re-roll saves of 1s. Manticore goes after other monsters and key support while the Exalted scalpels out everything else. Thought on how I could improve? Are 3 fiends worth it, or should I replace them with something else and just summon them if necessary?

The list seems good to me :) I really like fiends, and tend to run them in units of 6 (backed by hellstriders). I'm not sure if I'm keen on the chaos sorcerer lord on manticore as while he's good for depravity, he often does nothing when his spell fails/is unbound (even more common with Khorne now). I would personally swap him for 3 more fiends (to make a unit of 6). While that does mean a few less depravity points, I've found that building for depravity points tends to be a mistake; they're really strong, but they're best treat as a tool to aid your win rather than a tool that makes you win. 

In other news, I went to a doubles tournament (24 people/12 teams) and we won. We had 1000 points per person.

Our list was:

Gloomspite:

1 mangler squig with loonboss 

- live to fight another day 

- doppleganger cloak

1 fungoid cave shaman 

- squig lure 

20 grots with spears

20 grots with spears 

1 mangler squig 

Chronomatic cogs

Gemnids of Ulg-Hysh

Slaanesh (seekers host):

1 exalted keeper of secrets 

- devotee of torment 

- dimensional blade 

5 hellstriders 

5 hellstriders 

6 fiends 

We won ever match by basically alpha striking a weak spot with the EGD, and using it as a huge distraction carnifex. It really was very strong in combat, don't get me wrong (often killing multiple heroes or units a turn), but its best use was attracting usually half an army to try and kill it. 

We fought:

- Legion of blood/flesh eater courts 

- Fyreslayers/Seraphon

- Skaven Pestilens/Nurgle (the hardest one by far; plague monks buffed by glottkin are terrifying)

I also had another game against new Khorne using something similar to the above list, but with 500 extra points (consisting of 30 daemonettes and 3 mounted heralds).  Managed to win that, but decided to forgo all spellcasting. Daemonettes are still great, but a massive pain to pack up after using them. Again, the EGD acted as a great distraction against a huge chunk of his army, which caused him to forget about the objectives. The fiends performed well acting as a flank.

Still looking for feedback on the list I posted.

Also as a possible list.

EGDOS

Sorcerer

3 fiends

2 battleline choice

Still can't decide what trait I want. Our goal is to go second, which makes Seekers less valuable as my partner wants to go second, so me rushing in turn 1 will separate us, but if we do get first turn, then his stuff has to come in, in which case my units will not able to make it close to combat turn 1 to support.