AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

the crab claws we've seen, even one from awhile back, are for Possessed CSM. 

So I'm still working out my doubles list for my team tourney game.

What I am down to is this. 
Seekers
Exalted
-General
-Gryph Charm

-1 hit in combat

3 fiends

30 nettes

5 hellstriders

or, drop the nettes for either a 10 man squad or hellstriders that can go support my ally and take 6 fiends and have a line of really tough to kill models. My first summon would be an enrapturess or 2 to begin being able to shoot. 

I've even though of doing Pretenders just for the second trait, like 6" pile in, or the heal. 

Ive decided to join Slaanesh now so I can get stuff painted before the new stuff comes, started with 4 wrath and rapture, maybe getting two more next paycheck :P

also anyone here use creaturecaster as a keeper/exalted keeper?

Edited by Alexonian
added question
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I use Creature Caster miniatures extensively and love them - though for various narrative reasons I've converted some heavily.

For example, the Queen of Ecstasy is an excellent model, but I found her rather "busy" visually, so I replaced her head and hair, and lower pair of arms, with the Forge World Exalted Greater Daemon of Slaanesh's bits.

Furthermore, this reinforced the narrative, since my Exalted Keeper of Secrets (Czumneth Ereshkigal, Architect of Misery) managed to gain more power after the NOVA Open 2018 narrative, so becoming bigger and beefier while still having the same face and head (and arms) was pretty neat. 

Pics available upon request, of course. I also use creature caster for my lesser Keepers, and I think I have pics of them as well (some from the Prime Dominion narrative event).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Luke82 said:

Yes please on the pics, I’m after KoS ideas!

Okay, here are some (spoilered for size!) pictures of my unpainted EKoS:

Spoiler

52513848_10155976520231080_8542058900789

52853975_10155976520276080_1281192730126

52601816_10155976520356080_5207157674667

52597993_10155976520411080_4578020707551  

And here are some pictures (spoilered) of my painted EKoS:

Spoiler

52456036_10155976520591080_9612279616110

52601969_10155976520696080_6799133263374

And here are some pictures (spoilered for size) of her and a couple other regular KoSs in games:

Spoiler

52561474_10155976521266080_4010273009372

52598142_10155976521516080_7022313963236

52462735_10155976521046080_4763227694584

53279064_10155976521766080_8997400518783

Edited by Unit1126PLL
Formatting
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Pandamina said:

Will these models be good proxies for Fiends? What would you say? 

Hide contents

EOKCbxw.jpg

Without the riders sure. More in line with the lord on snake. Which for me is the current centrepiece model. So yeah would be all for it. 

Hello all, I have a question relating to the Slaanesh start collecting set, which I imagine you can easily answer. Basically, I see there are about three or four variants on the chariot model which it contains: the exalted seeker or the seeker (with or without a herald) or a hellflayer. Basically, am I right in saying these are all variations on one kit, and you can build any of them from the SC box? 

24 minutes ago, Redbaron said:

Hello all, I have a question relating to the Slaanesh start collecting set, which I imagine you can easily answer. Basically, I see there are about three or four variants on the chariot model which it contains: the exalted seeker or the seeker (with or without a herald) or a hellflayer. Basically, am I right in saying these are all variations on one kit, and you can build any of them from the SC box? 

In the box contains the sprues of the seeker chariot/hellflayer twice (which will become the Exalted Chariot.

The only thing I have seen is, that in the start collecting box was only the building manual for the exalted Chariot while in the seeker chariots box there are all variantes in the building manual.

• Thanks 1

Hello everyone! I got into Slaanesh after seeing the infernal enrapturess in the W&R box.  I went a little crazy on getting models and I am loving the way they look. Though I haven't had a chance to play with them yet. Here is my first list cc feedback is appreciated. I'm also fairly new to AOS and not too sure about rules for battalions. Can the daemonettes in the battalion also count as battleline and does the battalion grant an additional artifact?

Exalted greater daemon

- general, lash of despair, cruel and sadistic

Daemon prince

- fly, sword

Infernal enrapturess

- icon of excess

Hellstriders x5

- claw spear

Hellstriders x5

- hellscourge

Daemonette x30

Fiends x6

Seekers x10

Choir of torment battalion

Total points: 1910/2000

1 hour ago, zegan said:

Hello everyone! I got into Slaanesh after seeing the infernal enrapturess in the W&R box.  I went a little crazy on getting models and I am loving the way they look. Though I haven't had a chance to play with them yet. Here is my first list cc feedback is appreciated. I'm also fairly new to AOS and not too sure about rules for battalions. Can the daemonettes in the battalion also count as battleline and does the battalion grant an additional artifact?

Exalted greater daemon

- general, lash of despair, cruel and sadistic

Daemon prince

- fly, sword

Infernal enrapturess

- icon of excess

Hellstriders x5

- claw spear

Hellstriders x5

- hellscourge

Daemonette x30

Fiends x6

Seekers x10

Choir of torment battalion

Total points: 1910/2000

Daemonettes in a battalion also count as battleline and the battalion grants an extra artefact :)

The list looks solid, to me. Only thing I would change is swapping the lash of despair for breathtaker, and adding your extra command trait onto the exalted keeper to give it devotee of torment (you get two command traits as you're pretenders) Slaanesh are hard to use.

15 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Daemonettes in a battalion also count as battleline and the battalion grants an extra artefact :)

The list looks solid, to me. Only thing I would change is swapping the lash of despair for breathtaker, and adding your extra command trait onto the exalted keeper to give it devotee of torment (you get two command traits as you're pretenders) Slaanesh are hard to use.

What do you think about giving the EKoS  allure of Slaanesh and devotee of torment. Then if I run the hellstriders + banners then the enemy unit will be at -2 to hit against the EKoS.

22 hours ago, zegan said:

What do you think about giving the EKoS  allure of Slaanesh and devotee of torment. Then if I run the hellstriders + banners then the enemy unit will be at -2 to hit against the EKoS.

I tend to run her with Allure and Scale of Ignax. With hellstriders nearby that makes her -2 to be hit with a 4+ save vs MW, does a good job of keeping her alive.  Though I have also experimented with Allure + Gryph feather which gives her -3 to be hit making her utterly invincible in close combat but super vulnerable to magic. 

Allure/Scales will be a good combo. It'll help protect against stuff like evocators and with hellstriders, a -2 to hit will make a lot of things that hit on 4+ become 6+ and makes most models that hit on a 3+ on a 5+. Also can protect you vs terrorgeists or the lucky Warp Cannon that you are bound to see.

11 hours ago, themortalgod said:

I tend to run her with Allure and Scale of Ignax. With hellstriders nearby that makes her -2 to be hit with a 4+ save vs MW, does a good job of keeping her alive.  Though I have also experimented with Allure + Gryph feather which gives her -3 to be hit making her utterly invincible in close combat but super vulnerable to magic.

So if I'm playing a hardcore melee army like orks, then use that gryph feather. And if they have some decent magic users, then go with scales.

1 hour ago, zegan said:

So if I'm playing a hardcore melee army like orks, then use that gryph feather. And if they have some decent magic users, then go with scales.

Yeah, more or less. Though Orruks can bring some nasty MWs if they want to. For example, a double Maw crusher list can bellow you into the ground. Also, Orruk to hit rolls are pretty poor in general outside their heroes. Remember -3 to hit is only helpful if they already are 3+ or better to hit. Just gotta judge it game by game I guess. If it was a tournament where I had to choose beforehand, I'd probably go with scale. In most situations -2 to be hit and 4+ save vs MWs is going to get more mileage than -3 to be hit. 

That said, there is also the consideration that Gryph feather gives -1 against shooting so if you are up against a gunline it can be very valuable.

10 hours ago, LordRogalDorn said:

The feather charm also gives you more tactical flexibility with your hellstriders, which I like. 

Thats true, with the gryph feather I don't have to dedicate my hellstriders to my EKoS and can send them to buff the daemonettes or the seekers