AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

On 2/2/2019 at 9:36 PM, Enoby said:

I had another game with my 1000pts Slaanesh list against goblins.

I took:

-1 Exalted keeper

• General 

• Devotee of torment

• Dimensional Blade 

- 5 Hellstriders  

- 5 Hellstriders 

- 6 Fiends...

Ouch... That's some serious min/maxing! 😅

I went to a tournament in the weekend with what I was hoping was a toolkit list;

Keeper with allure and thermal-rider's cloak, entaptress, 30 'nettes, 2x5 seekers, and 5 hellstriders. We didn't do too badly, placing 7th overall.

My teammate and I are both still new to our armies and played against a lot of armies we hadn't even seen on a table before, which lead to some very one-sided games with players who politely handed us our butts. 🤣

Otherwise I'm really loving Slaanesh's recursion! I lose half my army by turn 2, but have half of those losses back by turn 3.

• Like 1

Hey guys!

Been having lots of fun with Slaanesh lately, now thinking of making a mortal city that is growing up around my daemonic palace.

Furthermore, anyone have a good idea for a Slaanesh-themed table? All the mats and terrain I can find seem 40k themed, rather than AOS themed, if they involve Slaanesh.

Edited by Unit1126PLL

@Unit1126PLL Now that I think of it, I think I've actually never encountered a story centered on fantasy Slaanesh... My take on a cultist city though would be very clean, but garish and over-ornate. Every district would be dedicated to a different diversion with no overlap (fussy perfectionists), and dialed to a creepy, obsessive 11:

Like a "Boulevard of the Beauteous" might be flanked by hundreds of slightly creepy statues and towering gilded mirrors, while fancy buildings might be in the fairy-tale castle style of Germany but insanely proportioned. I can see there being feasting halls too, like massive gaily-decorated beer gardens with disgustingly corpulent, but elegantly dressed and fastidiously clean diners...

You could really theme any terrain for Slaanesh I think, it just needs to be made uncomfortably extra. 😅

7 hours ago, Waiyuren said:

@Unit1126PLL Now that I think of it, I think I've actually never encountered a story centered on fantasy Slaanesh... My take on a cultist city though would be very clean, but garish and over-ornate. Every district would be dedicated to a different diversion with no overlap (fussy perfectionists), and dialed to a creepy, obsessive 11:

Like a "Boulevard of the Beauteous" might be flanked by hundreds of slightly creepy statues and towering gilded mirrors, while fancy buildings might be in the fairy-tale castle style of Germany but insanely proportioned. I can see there being feasting halls too, like massive gaily-decorated beer gardens with disgustingly corpulent, but elegantly dressed and fastidiously clean diners...

You could really theme any terrain for Slaanesh I think, it just needs to be made uncomfortably extra. 😅

I generally agree, but am not a sculptor myself and all the sculpted terrain seems 40k related (phrrrbt), ruins, wreckage, or like, cottages and trees.
It seems like Terrain sculptors (e.g. on Ebay) service Khorne and Nurgle far more than Tzeench or Slaanesh, and even between the latter two, Tzeench seems to get more terrain love than Slaanesh.

I think I found one set of weirdo tentacles, though. Oh, and a single relevant battlemat. Which is for 40k. phrrrbt

19 minutes ago, Waiyuren said:

@Unit1126PLL have you looked at gamemat.eu? The "Kingdom of Heaven" mat looks pretty good.

I did see that! It could work, but I feel like matching the "buildings" on the mat would be difficult. I don't know of much gold & white terrain (or terrain in that style that can be painted those colors). The buildings look like they're built into the table, almost, so terrain placement would be odd. I'd feel OCD compelled to put pieces atop those squares and rectangles.

• Like 1

Quick question as I've only just picked up GHB 2018. How does invaders work now? Does spending one command point allow all three generals to use their command ability? Or is it literally the fact that if an ability states 12 inches from the general you can use the seperate 3 models to bestow the benefit (albeit with limited use for the three stock command attributes) . Because if its the latter that is a massive nerf and screws up my chaos knights list. Sad times. 

Edited by MaxPounder

4 minutes ago, MaxPounder said:

Quick question as I've only just picked up GHB 2018. How does pretenders work now? Does spending one command point allow all three generals to use their command ability? Or is it literally the fact that if an ability states 12 inches from the general you can use the seperate 3 models to bestow the benefit (albeit with limited use for the three stock command attributes) . Because if its the latter that is a massive nerf and screws up my chaos knights list. Sad times. 

Unfortunately the latter :( they messed it up massively 

• Sad 1

I do hope our allegiance abilities are reworked. Currently, they're not that great (not bad, besides invaders) and they don't impact our playstyle much. Consider something like DoK or IDK, where their army is shaped by their allegiance, and then look at our army and how the allegiance almost feels optional compared to the warscrolls.

• Like 2

Dunno if you guys have been checking out the Rumor Daemon Engine images this week...but I feel like nothing (even today's crabby claw) really screams Slaanesh. I am getting more the feel of a new DP or Possessed box...or perhaps Oblits/Mutilators? All the images look way too undivided for my liking. ;)

There is a corner chance today could be hinting at the new KoS though...but if so it's not exactly to my liking

Edited by exliontamer

“FEAST YOUR EYES ON MORE TEMPTATIONS THAT LIE IN THE FUTURE! I ASSUME YOU BASICALLY GET THE GIST BY NOW.

YOU HAVE COME CLOSE TO REALISING THE DEPTHS OF OUR DEPRAVITY, MORTAL – SEE IF YOU CAN GUESS WHAT YOU GAZE AT ON THE WARHAMMER 40,000 or WARHAMMER AGE OF SIGMAR FACEBOOK PAGES.”

If that’s not something Slaanesh, gw are trolling their own customers 

Had a 2k game against Gloomspite, I was using:

1 EKoS (with breathtaker and Devotee of Torment) 

The masque 

1 infernal enrapturess 

1 Chaos Sorcerer Lord 

30 daemonettes 

30 daemonettes 

5 hellstriders 

5 hellstriders 

6 fiends 

99% of the work was put in by the daemonettes and EKoS. Not the other units' fault, but when playing Scorched Earth it was pretty much over by turn 2; hacking through his line of defence turn 1 meant that his points were open by turn 2, and burned away. 

• Like 1

Hello everyone. Just got start3d in Age of Sigmar, and I have an upcoming 1250 point tournament that I’m going to be participating in. I was hoping to get some feedback on my list, and also general tactics to keep in mind, as I’m new to the game, any and all help is vastly appreciated. Here is the list:

Pretenders

Exalted keeper of Secrets:

general, Devotee of Torment, Allure of Slaanesh

Relic: Dunno, don’t know if realm artifacts are allowed. Suggestions?

Herald of Exalted Chariot

The Masque

30x Deamonette

20x Deamonette

5 Hellstriders (don’t know what weapon options, probably the spears, as I’m going to be converting some Blood sisters from DoK to use.) 

Thanks everyone!

Edited by Aenjul

7 hours ago, Aenjul said:

Pretenders

Exalted keeper of Secrets:

general, Devotee of Torment, Allure of Slaanesh

Thanks everyone!

So you should be able to pick a realm artifact regardless of if realm rules are in place, as the relics are part of army construction...so, assuming you can, here’s a couple of my top choices...

offensive: 

Ghyrstrike - gives +1 hit and wound to one weapon 

Dimensional Blade - gives one weapon -3 rend

defensive:

ignax scales - 4++ MW save

therlmalrider cloak - +4 movement and fly 

gryph-feather charm - enemies are -1 hit against you and you get +1 move

6 hours ago, Aenjul said:

Hello everyone. Just got start3d in Age of Sigmar, and I have an upcoming 1250 point tournament that I’m going to be participating in. I was hoping to get some feedback on my list, and also general tactics to keep in mind, as I’m new to the game, any and all help is vastly appreciated. 

If you have time to do some practice games I'd suggest trying some dropping The Masque to bump your second squad of daemonettes to 30. For how fast Slaanesh is even running pretenders I think the extra 20+ attacks from the daemonettes will be worth more than the movement debuff.

As for advice remember with Devotee of Torment you can run and still be chosen to pile in from 6" because of the trait. Running only stops you from charging and because you have to stop outside of 3" people don't expect the pile in. If you're going to use that tactic positioning is super important because you have to pile-in towards the closest model and it wouldn't hurt to have a copy of the rules for your command trait and combat phase rules since it's such an uncommon interaction.

You'll be faster than most other armies so use that to pick your fights and positioning.  Against lists that can deepstrike like Stormcast or Idoenth one of your units of damonettes (squad of 20 if you keep The Masque) should be set up to screen for your more important units. You might lose the whole unit but you'll be able to set up a devastating counter attack.

6 hours ago, Aenjul said:

Dimensional Blade on the EKoS claws is a great choice from Uglu for the -3 rend or Thermalrider Cloak from Aqhsy if you want to bump up your EKoS speed and give it fly are good choices depending on what you think you'll need more. I'm personally leaning towards Thermalrider Cloak on your EKoS if you're going to run Pretenders. Extra move and Fly combines really well with DoT and Allure for survivability. In addition it allows you to make flying charges if you choose not to run as well as flying pile-ins.

If realm artifacts aren't allowed I like the Icon of Infinite Excess , Breathtaker, or Enrapturing Circlet. The icon specifically on Seeker Herald for the utility. It'll generate extra attacks on 5s for 12 of its attacks or you can use it's speed to keep enemy units outside of the 8" while buffing your units. The other other probably best on the EKoS but they can work on either.

Hope this helps and good luck in the tournament!

Been seeing some discussion on the daemon engine teases, looks to me like it's all for 40k models if not one large model. We've seen armour, a heavily modified marine power pack, a chain weapon, crab claw and bolter. I wouldn't be surprised if this is for a new slaanesh daemon prince or slaanesh themed lord of chaos or some new hero variant for 40k, probably as either part of the next black legion push or the hopeful release of emperors children as a stand alone codex. On the bright side (for folks that don't play 40k anyways, for people like me who play emps children it's just icing) new slaanesh stuff for 40k means possible new daemons/sculpts that can be used in AoS and lots of new slaanesh bits for conversion projects.

12 hours ago, Midjithero said:

Ghyrstrike - gives +1 hit and wound to one weapon 

Dimensional Blade - gives one weapon -3 rend

defensive:

ignax scales - 4++ MW save

therlmalrider cloak - +4 movement and fly 

gryph-feather charm - enemies are -1 hit against you and you get +1 move

These are all great choices. I've also brought:

Gildenbane - negates an opponents artifact when within 3 inches,

Argent armor - for -1 to hit

Rune blade for -3 rend

and Hydroxskin cloak for fly and d3 mortal wounds om a unit you pass over.

All from the realm of Chamon

Edited by Tasman