AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

11 hours ago, Lord Slyght said:

Would love to see your list. I'm working on a hybrid daemon and mortal list so good to see what you are thinking.

Totally separately, has anyone had any good ideas for making slaanesh objective markers? 

This is my first iteration that I'm going to test this evening.  Lord of chaos gives the Warriors run and charge.  Warriors have a built in plus one to run and charge combined with seekers host = cogs.  Chosen can buff warriors or themselves if daemonic mount gives them his command ability on their second pile-in.  Hellstriders run defense bubbles for  troops and Exalted.  Exalted there to kick*** and chew bubblegum.  Oops no bubblegum.  

List may need some knights for greater range and mobility... we'll see what happens.  Its tough fitting everything in without those great discounts like what the daemonettes get.

Mortal Slaanesh.jpg

21 minutes ago, Cambot1231 said:

This is my first iteration that I'm going to test this evening.  Lord of chaos gives the Warriors run and charge.  Warriors have a built in plus one to run and charge combined with seekers host = cogs.  Chosen can buff warriors or themselves if daemonic mount gives them his command ability on their second pile-in.  Hellstriders run defense bubbles for  troops and Exalted.  Exalted there to kick*** and chew bubblegum.  Oops no bubblegum.  

List may need some knights for greater range and mobility... we'll see what happens.  Its tough fitting everything in without those great discounts like what the daemonettes get.

Mortal Slaanesh.jpg

I do wonder how well you'll do for damage. Every time I've used Slaves to Darkness, they've hit like a pillow, but I hope you have better luck than me :) I definitely see the appeal of fluff and aesthetic over daemonettes, but rules wise, I can't see a reason to use chaos warriors over daemonettes.  

So this is what I've got so far in my 1500 list.

Keeper of Secrets (260)

Herald of Slaanesh (60)

Herald of Slaanesh (60)

UNITS M S W B

20 x Daemonettes of Slaanesh (200)

20 x Daemonettes of Slaanesh (200)

10 x Seekers of Slaanesh (240)

1 x Exalted Seeker Chariots of Slaanesh (140)

3 x Fiends of Slaanesh (180)

TOTAL: 1340

What are peoples thoughts? I haven't had a proper think about artifacts/abilities yet

On 1/8/2019 at 8:40 PM, NurglesFirstChosen said:

I think it’s possible that people are mistaken in that the Slaanesh story ark being stricktly about Slannesh being freed/escaping (I know I’ve got on a tangent as this isn’t really what you were talking about). 

For example, what if due to the necroquake,  Slaanesh is secretly syphining some of its power into one of the Slaanesh followers, and that follower becomes a Demi god. Gw might keep the story arch as Slaanesh being imprisoned for a good while. 

Alternatively it could be that Slaanesh is able to communicate to its followers or something.

Model wise I’d want the mortals to be pristine and look like a parody of order. I’d like them to be mainly human, and maybe an aelven character also (like the druchii annointed). 

Honestly I am of the same mind, I don't think slaanesh is going to be released when the battletome comes out. Also I agree with you on the model front, I want a mix between humans and aelves. Not asking for a whole faction of them. 

15 hours ago, Cambot1231 said:

Mortal Slaanesh.jpg

How did you get on?

im not sure the chaos chosen rule can be used on themselves - the warscroll talks about ‘other’ units.

I would include some knights. Maybe reduce the big block of chaos warriors down 10. I’m also not sure the chaos Lord is going to be that beneficial to you, plus it’s another CP you need to use when you are going to want them for the exalted keeper and lord on mount. I’d take him and some warriors out and add in 10 knights.

Great unclean one used to only have the sword and flail and only 10 wounds. He got a bell and a dagger option and plus 6 wounds. Command ability changed from board wide if a nurgle unit rolled a 7 to charge they got plus 1 attack to pick a deamon unit to get plus 1 attack. He also gained the mortal wounds on a charge ability. His spell didn't change. 

Lord of change gained 4 wounds and the option to swap his talons and beak for a rod of sorcery or a sword. Everything else pretty much stayed the same. 

The three bloodthirsters do not appear to have changed. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lord Slyght said:

How did you get on?

im not sure the chaos chosen rule can be used on themselves - the warscroll talks about ‘other’ units.

I would include some knights. Maybe reduce the big block of chaos warriors down 10. I’m also not sure the chaos Lord is going to be that beneficial to you, plus it’s another CP you need to use when you are going to want them for the exalted keeper and lord on mount. I’d take him and some warriors out and add in 10 knights.

I took the win against a Khorne Gore Pilgrims list.  The Exalted Keeper is a force to be reckoned with.  The Hellstriders made my two blocks of Chaos warriors unmovable. Its a little tedious reminding your opponent that their hits are coming in with a minus 1.   The Exalted Keeper broke the line of blood warriors and took the objective.   He/She alone wracked up twenty or so Depravity by turn 3. Chaos lord didn't do much other than let my warriors run and charge first turn (he gave me first turn), but they rolled a 2 for their run which was not enough for them to get in even with the seeker trait bonuses.  I think the list is missing out on another long striking unit.  Going to try to work in some chaos knights .... though I felt the large block or warriors was great at holding up half of my enemies army and it will be tough to take some out.

4 hours ago, LordRogalDorn said:

Great unclean one used to only have the sword and flail and only 10 wounds. He got a bell and a dagger option and plus 6 wounds. Command ability changed from board wide if a nurgle unit rolled a 7 to charge they got plus 1 attack to pick a deamon unit to get plus 1 attack. He also gained the mortal wounds on a charge ability. His spell didn't change. 

Lord of change gained 4 wounds and the option to swap his talons and beak for a rod of sorcery or a sword. Everything else pretty much stayed the same. 

The three bloodthirsters do not appear to have changed. 

Thanks. I reckon we can expect a wounds increase (maybe to 12-14), some  new weapons, and probably a changed Dark Temptations ability - come to think of it, is that the only meta rule left in AoS? 

We will probably see an option or two on the keeper. Perhaps a type of blade or some sort of buff. I think the 4+ save will stay. atleast 14 wounds imo. We'll get a named variant who I'm sure will have something special about him/her that we can't get from the stock keeper. 

Hey folks!  Quick questions, and apologies if it’s been answered in the tread so far, but I did look I swear! :)

1) do mortal wounds generate depravity points?  Or are they generated on just regular wounds?

2) the GHB18 shows fiends as 12 points to summon 3, but 1d4chan lists it as 18...I looked at the FAQs but don’t see any update.  Does anyone know the true value, and if it’s 18 now, where do I reference that?  I saw some topics about enrapturesses being 6 depravity points, so want to verify if fiends were updated.

thank you!

1 hour ago, Midjithero said:

Hey folks!  Quick questions, and apologies if it’s been answered in the tread so far, but I did look I swear! :)

1) do mortal wounds generate depravity points?  Or are they generated on just regular wounds?

2) the GHB18 shows fiends as 12 points to summon 3, but 1d4chan lists it as 18...I looked at the FAQs but don’t see any update.  Does anyone know the true value, and if it’s 18 now, where do I reference that?  I saw some topics about enrapturesses being 6 depravity points, so want to verify if fiends were updated.

thank you!

1) According to the designer commentary for GH2018 only regular wounds sadly.

2) Fiends got updated to 18 points to summon 3 in Wrath and Rapture.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2019 at 3:03 AM, Enoby said:

I would suggest waiting until Slaanesh gets a book, if you can. Grots will likely be better than Slaanesh for a short amount of time (as they get their book first), but considering how good Slaanesh is without a book I reckon Slaanesh will end up stronger. Slaanesh, at least in my experience, is a really good army to play to learn the game competitively due to how movement focussed they are, and how much of a glass canon they are (planning ahead is key).

GW also wants chaos to be good (even if it means Beasts of tzeentch....).  They can sell you and army for two game systems which leads to more sales as  you suddenly add Noise Marines, or whatever.  They will also want the army to have less a requirement on buy-in (a la not 60-90 girls as a required core) and less a finesse elite player's army.  In the end pick the models you like more and will want to paint.  If you don't like the fiends, hellstriders, mtd and regular daemonettes avoid Slaanesh.  I feel there will be different builds too.  Chariot, mounted, infantry armies likely (a la DrOgurs, Bestigors, Bullgors...) 

On 1/15/2019 at 6:37 AM, Enoby said:

How much do you guys reckon the Keeper will be changed? Does anyone remember the old warscrolls for the LoC and GUO, and if so, how much did they change? Just their wounds? Will we get a decent spell finally? 😛

Has it been long enough from 8th ed for that spell to be be re-written and good again? :P  Keep in mind the Beastlord kept his near useless command trait and the excuse was "100 point predatory spell makes it work".

I really really really want to say N'Kari will show up given I've read at least 3 BL novels from different authors with him.  I would hope for at least 2- kits.  Perhaps one CC, one Spell caster and N'Kari.  I wonder if synergy, spell, battalion, item buffs alone will be the tool that makes the current Keeper much better. 

Well I took that list from above to a local LVO Prep tournament and went 3 and 1 this weekend,  losing to the player that would come first in the tournament.  I swapped out the Chaos lord and put in a unit of knights.  The MVP was the Exalted Keeper.  Hellstriders and Chosen were my next best.  Chaos blocks were great anvils though the 10 with the great blades would get considerably more wittled down/taken off than the 20 block.  Depending on what realm we played in some of the buff spells make the Exalted Keeper ridiculously terrifying.  I had access to a spell from Aqshy that gave him/her an extra damage on her weapon profiles... I think I did something like 30 damage in one combat phase with buffs up.  Another realm gave her a spell to have -1 to hit.  pretty bananas.  She is well worth the 440 and then combined with realm spells she goes nuclear.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cambot1231 said:

Well I took that list from above to a local LVO Prep tournament and went 3 and 1 this weekend,  losing to the player that would come first in the tournament.  I swapped out the Chaos lord and put in a unit of knights.  The MVP was the Exalted Keeper.  Hellstriders and Chosen were my next best.  Chaos blocks were great anvils though the 10 with the great blades would get considerably more wittled down/taken off than the 20 block.  Depending on what realm we played in some of the buff spells make the Exalted Keeper ridiculously terrifying.  I had access to a spell from Aqshy that gave him/her an extra damage on her weapon profiles... I think I did something like 30 damage in one combat phase with buffs up.  Another realm gave her a spell to have -1 to hit.  pretty bananas.  She is well worth the 440 and then combined with realm spells she goes nuclear.

Well done :)

tried out this list vs SCE

Allegiance: Chaos
Exalted Greater Daemon of Slaanesh (440)

Trait: -1 to hit in combat

Artifact: -3 on claws
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (160)
- Runestaff
Infernal Enrapturess (120)
Herald of Slaanesh (60)
Herald of Slaanesh (60)
30 x Daemonettes of Slaanesh (270)
5 x Hellstriders of Slaanesh (100)
- Claw spear
- Claw spear
6 x Fiends of Slaanesh (360)
Chronomantic Cogs (60)

so mistakes on the SCE side as he forgot rules on the big maces, he said it was cause he doesnt fight demons often.

But we placed the shifting 3 objectives in the middle. I double turned early on and kept the fight going on with keeping him engaged. I never lost priority after turn 1 and proceeded to summon in 4 more infernal enrapturesses, shooting out his lord arcanum. He conceded top of 4 when I took priority, as he was losing steam, and I had a block of daemonettes that hadn't been touched yet, and would have had 7 total enrapturesses after movement, meaning I would have had potentially 7d3 damage on a squad of my choosing, or an almost guarenteed dead hero.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, carnith said:

tried out this list vs SCE

Allegiance: Chaos
Exalted Greater Daemon of Slaanesh (440)

Trait: -1 to hit in combat

Artifact: -3 on claws
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (160)
- Runestaff
Infernal Enrapturess (120)
Herald of Slaanesh (60)
Herald of Slaanesh (60)
- Claw spear
- Claw spear
6 x Fiends of Slaanesh (360)
Chronomantic Cogs (60)

so mistakes on the SCE side as he forgot rules on the big maces, he said it was cause he doesnt fight demons often.

But we placed the shifting 3 objectives in the middle. I double turned early on and kept the fight going on with keeping him engaged. I never lost priority after turn 1 and proceeded to summon in 4 more infernal enrapturesses, shooting out his lord arcanum. He conceded top of 4 when I took priority, as he was losing steam, and I had a block of daemonettes that hadn't been touched yet, and would have had 7 total enrapturesses after movement, meaning I would have had potentially 7d3 damage on a squad of my choosing, or an almost guarenteed dead hero.

Nice! How were the fiends in this game? Seems like they should really shine against SCE.

i wish I took pictures of the board, but i had some poor luck with the exalted keeper getting shot full of holes early, and wiffing largely against some paladins he should have slaughtered. The fiends held on till turn 4 and when my opponent conceded, still had 1 on the board with 3 hellstriders and a herald who crossed the board.

• Thanks 1

Just now, carnith said:

i wish I took pictures of the board, but i had some poor luck with the exalted keeper getting shot full of holes early, and wiffing largely against some paladins he should have slaughtered. The fiends held on till turn 4 and when my opponent conceded, still had 1 on the board with 3 hellstriders and a herald who crossed the board.

Any star unit?