AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

3 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

I think it may become a wizard? Seems weird the heralds all (except khorne) used to be wizards in WFB, but slaanesh heralds lost that ability vs the other 2.

Then again Daemon Princes used to be wizards but now only tzeentch ones can do that.

Slaanesh Heralds are wizards in 40k, with the exception of the Masque of Slaanesh. Also interesting that in 40k, regular heralds give Slaanesh daemons +1 str (which while we don't have is something) and the masque hands out -1 to hit to Daemonette units (includes daemonettes, Seekers, all chariots, and heralds/masque). Wish our heroes had some auras to help out with that since Scrivener, Bilepiper, and I think one of the khorne heralds buff up units or give benefits.

13 minutes ago, carnith said:

Wish our heroes had some auras to help out with that since Scrivener, Bilepiper, and I think one of the khorne heralds buff up units or give benefits.

To be fair I haven't really seen Scriveners or Bilepipers be too common.

And Khorne hilariously has better Mortal supporting daemons than their own daemon heralds. *Glares at the paperweight known as the Blood Throne*

I really wish GW would break their stupid "unofficial rule" that Heralds can't have command abilities. Meanwhile an 80pt Khorne hero can give his mortal buddies +1 attack.

4 hours ago, carnith said:

Remember that fiends are also 12 DP but probably should be around 18. They are good on the table, but are great for a later game summon to just mess up some casters or monsters.

They said on the stream that fiends are now 18 to summon :)

• Like 1

I have an image of the depravity point table (found on Facebook), and would post it but I'm unsure if it abides by the site's rules (not sure if it's a leak as I think they got their set officially but earlier - it's in Spanish so I'm unsure whether there's a timezone difference). It confirms that the Internal Enrapturess  is 6 dp, and the fiends are 18 :)

30 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I have an image of the depravity point table (found on Facebook), and would post it but I'm unsure if it abides by the site's rules (not sure if it's a leak as I think they got their set officially but earlier - it's in Spanish so I'm unsure whether there's a timezone difference). It confirms that the Internal Enrapturess  is 6 dp, and the fiends are 18 :)

I wouldn't post it but can confirm the same as well and all the points are correct as earlier in the thread 

3 hours ago, Enoby said:

...it's in Spanish so I'm unsure whether there's a timezone difference...

I'm currently GMT+13 and will be able to pick mine up officially in about 26hrs. Spain is GMT+1, so I'd say it's a third-party store owner, or reviewer that's jumped the gun. Man I just can't wait... I think I'll go look for that revised summon points list and see what else has changed! 😁

Edit; nothing. Sigh... my hellflayer continues to be left on the shelf. ☹

Edit 2; I'm seeing heaps of people saying they already have theirs! I'm very envious, and noticing one more reason to not use GW ordering services. 😑

Edited by Waiyuren
  • Like 1

Played a game with the new Slaanesh stuff.  *disclaimer I typically play and build towards winning a GHB18 game against 'ard net decks.  Most of my games are against lists that win whatever Masters list the internet is currently celebrating.

+ Fiends are finally the elite punch-bois that were needed 

+ Daemonettes better in almost every way

+ 60pt Heralds on steeds. Speed lets you get on objectives, snatch one from an unsuspecting opponent  and reliably trigger your locus.

+ Hellstriders amazing as always

- The Hosts have become redundant. AoS2 buried Invaders , the buff to Daemonettes combined with lackluster hero choices buried Pretenders which leaves us with one choice head and shoulders above the others; Seekers.

- Infernal Enrapturess not worth. Double the cost of a Herald with a negligible shooting attack. Was hoping that she would be able to help counter the balance bomb that is Nagash, but alas, not so. Great model.

- Depravity mechanic has missed the mark. Cool concept , but passive and slow in its nature. I see a lot of folks posting about 50+ depravity points, but I need to the game decided by turn 2. If I haven't put points on the board by then (and/or deny opponent scoring) I expect to be buried in witch aelves, Sequitors or grimghasts. Would like it to be a little more interactive like the bloodtithe table.

- Keeper of Secrets (both mama and baby) as our only in allegiance wizards is harsh. Only reliable way to get off a spell is to run Pretenders. KoS horribly overcost and underwounds.  Arguably what a daemon prince should be.

- If you're looking at any of the chariots, you're probably still playing WHFB :p

- Needs Battletome Badly. Maybe a way to trade depravity for magic bonus, new 14w KoS etc.

I think the enrapturess is a perfect summoning herald. 6 depravity points, one shooting attack can make back her points, and you can per her near a wizard for casting debuff. I doubt the battalion is worth it with Pretenders no longer really being needed if going pure daemons, though the extra attacks are indeed nice. 

I think Seekers may be the way forward for all of the movement shenanigans we can do.

Expecting the infernal enraptures to stop nagash or much of anything stopping nagash casting is pointless unless you have dispel scroll. Most spellls hover around a 7 to cast a 58% chance to go off nagash gets +3 to cast he has a 91% chance of getting a 7 roll.  The infernal enrapturess does good against normal casters who are not capable of getting a +3 to cast. Position correctly can neutraliz a lot of casts without having to use our limited dispel rolls. 

Yes a book could clean up some of the under performing units bringing them in line. As well as introduce new models and synergies. Definintly need a defence unit of some kind thats hard to shift or a way to make such a unit with synergies. 

5 hours ago, HorseOnABeachBall said:

Played a game with the new Slaanesh stuff.  *disclaimer I typically play and build towards winning a GHB18 game against 'ard net decks.  Most of my games are against lists that win whatever Masters list the internet is currently celebrating.

+ 60pt Heralds on steeds. Speed lets you get on objectives, snatch one from an unsuspecting opponent  and reliably trigger your locus.

- The Hosts have become redundant. AoS2 buried Invaders , the buff to Daemonettes combined with lackluster hero choices buried Pretenders which leaves us with one choice head and shoulders above the others; Seekers.

- Infernal Enrapturess not worth. Double the cost of a Herald with a negligible shooting attack. Was hoping that she would be able to help counter the balance bomb that is Nagash, but alas, not so. Great model.

- Depravity mechanic has missed the mark. Cool concept , but passive and slow in its nature. I see a lot of folks posting about 50+ depravity points, but I need to the game decided by turn 2. If I haven't put points on the board by then (and/or deny opponent scoring) I expect to be buried in witch aelves, Sequitors or grimghasts. Would like it to be a little more interactive like the bloodtithe table.

- Keeper of Secrets (both mama and baby) as our only in allegiance wizards is harsh. Only reliable way to get off a spell is to run Pretenders. KoS horribly overcost and underwounds.  Arguably what a daemon prince should be.

- If you're looking at any of the chariots, you're probably still playing WHFB 😛

- Needs Battletome Badly. Maybe a way to trade depravity for magic bonus, new 14w KoS etc.

Good points.  I agree with most of them. Slaanesh need battletome (is there any chance on that in near future?). Depravity points are good mechanic but most of my games are win/lose before turn 3 and often I don't have enough points to summon something useful before that point of battle.  

14 minutes ago, Lucky Snake Eyes said:

Hey you drug addicted bdsm freaks! 

I've got a slaves to darkness army that i want to convert to slaanesh, been thinking of getting the slaanesh half of wrath and rapture. What from the slaves roster is worth taking in a slaanesh army? And which host is better? Invader, seeker or pretender?

If you are looking competitively, slaanesh can not compete vs dok or Lon. Friendly games vs non meta? Anything is usable. 

For a more complete answer, if you go pure demons, pretenders has been nerfed to us, and you want seekers. If you want more slaves, pretenders can help large squads of chosen, knights or warriors. 

In my daemon lists, I bring both chaos sorcerers as winds of chaos is a fun swingy spell and a regular sorcerer cause daemonic power is overpowered and our best friend. I was bringing chosen cause I made some out of sisters of silence but they will be replaced by fiends as fiends will do what I want better than chosen can. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lucky Snake Eyes said:

Hey you drug addicted bdsm freaks! 

I've got a slaves to darkness army that i want to convert to slaanesh, been thinking of getting the slaanesh half of wrath and rapture. What from the slaves roster is worth taking in a slaanesh army? And which host is better? Invader, seeker or pretender?

I agree with what Carnith has said, but also would consider what you want your army to do (e.g. alpha strike, tank, objective control). Daemons are much more damaging than Slaves to Darkness (especially daemonettes, fiends, and the Keeper of Secrets). I've found Slaves to be best used to hold up units that you don't want to charge into your fragile daemons and to pin units down that you want to get to later (Chaos Knights seem good for this due to their high wounds and movement). The Chaos Sorcerer Lord is good, but expensive.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, HorseOnABeachBall said:

- If you're looking at any of the chariots, you're probably still playing WHFB 😛

I agree with a lot of this but I think slaanesh are better than you take them for. I regularly play against the top list and the top players and the slaanesh can handle itself really well. Depravity points are based on what army you are facing but I would never rely on them. I was playing on the top tables with them in aos 1 so from my point of view we got a massive bonus without any downside. Also our summoning is easily achievable as we don't have to focus on it. As for wizard remember we have the slaves to darkness ones as well so the manticore and sorceror lord which are good options. Chariots can be good against the right units and are a fast source of depravity and summoning focal points. I've recently took it out my list and is something I miss

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Tzeentchmike said:

I agree with a lot of this but I think slaanesh are better than you take them for. I regularly play against the top list and the top players and the slaanesh can handle itself really well. Depravity points are based on what army you are facing but I would never rely on them. I was playing on the top tables with them in aos 1 so from my point of view we got a massive bonus without any downside. Also our summoning is easily achievable as we don't have to focus on it. As for wizard remember we have the slaves to darkness ones as well so the manticore and sorceror lord which are good options. Chariots can be good against the right units and are a fast source of depravity and summoning focal points. I've recently took it out my list and is something I miss

Heralds on chariots are a great way to keep up locuses and as you said great vs some units. A horde of 25mm bases? That’s screaming for an exalted chariot to slam into them for a lot of mw. Need to tie up some dudes like stormcast? Hit me with the chariot. Do some wounds and grind them down while getting depravity. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carnith said:

Heralds on chariots are a great way to keep up locuses and as you said great vs some units. A horde of 25mm bases? That’s screaming for an exalted chariot to slam into them for a lot of mw. Need to tie up some dudes like stormcast? Hit me with the chariot. Do some wounds and grind them down while getting depravity. 

Witch elves are a good target for them just to pick some numbers down just be careful of people using unit formations to minimise the models that can be reached.

• Like 1

Thanks all for the advice!

I'm thinking i'll grab a hosts start collecting and the wrath and rapture to fill out my daemon stuff (I'm also starting emps children for 40k so i needed daemons for summoning anyways), maybe an extra fiend for that 4 model unit bonus. Right now i'm thinking of using warriors to hold objectives and knights to screen for the squishy daemons and a warshrine to help with charges. I do own a masque of slaanesh but don't know if it's any good and i'm debating on whether to run my lord of chaos as a slaanesh marked slaves lord for the daemon prince/spawn luls or to run it as a normal slaanesh lord. I mighgt be able to get some mileage out of my marauder horsemen but I can see where normal marauders would just be worse daemonettes.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lucky Snake Eyes said:

maybe an extra fiend for that 4 model unit bonus.

Just to warn you, you pay per unit in AoS, so you'll pay for a unit of 6 if you only take 4 - you may as well go 6 :)

8 minutes ago, Lucky Snake Eyes said:

I do own a masque of slaanesh but don't know if it's any good

I like the Masque. She's nothing amazing, but she can be very helpful.

Did a 1500 points game last sunday,

had a square gang :
3x20 daemonettes

2x5 hellstriders

1 keeper, 1 exalted keeper

Conclusions :
daemonettes are strong, lethal, even after being charged, even few of them can still hurt
hellstriders are great just with their hit malus, they do their job
keepers: well got seduced by the exalted, a 3 dmg is definitely a strong and solid plus.