Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gaz Taylor

AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Recommended Posts

One question guys!  

what is the correct measurement of the base of exalted keeper of secrets? i need the correct for tournaments!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Primique said:

Just been posted to Facebook 

FB_IMG_1544633055073.jpg

Such a good battalion to power up the fiends and daemonettes but womp womp, unexpected hiccup, pretenders only. While not bad, pretenders is far inferior to seekers in my view which allows for easy turn 1 engagement.

Very tempting to switch to pretenders in the short term though, daemonettes and fiends with +1 attack is savage (albeit fiends will struggle to stay in range), 20 daemonettes can easily churn out 55-60 hits in combat. Fiends getting 2 attacks with their barbed tail if they are in range and then making them attack twice can sting to death even the likes of archaon with D6 damage per sting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rock Lobster said:

Such a good battalion to power up the fiends and daemonettes but womp womp, unexpected hiccup, pretenders only. While not bad, pretenders is far inferior to seekers in my view which allows for easy turn 1 engagement.

Very tempting to switch to pretenders in the short term though, daemonettes and fiends with +1 attack is savage (albeit fiends will struggle to stay in range), 20 daemonettes can easily churn out 55-60 hits in combat. Fiends getting 2 attacks with their barbed tail if they are in range and then making them attack twice can sting to death even the likes of archaon with D6 damage per sting.

Thanks for posting the images did you by chance get a picture of the Herald? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Primique said:

New fiends aswell

FB_IMG_1544633096857.jpg

Did you by chance get an image for the infernal enrapturess? Thanks oh it's on the previous page nevermind thanks for posting the pictures

 

Edited by Poryague

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems like we got some pretty nice buffs! Don't know if it was mentioned, but our side comes to 520 points.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like I need to get two boxes eventually, and grab an extra icon for my Daemonettes to replace the one I used for my Chaos Sorcerer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

are people really taking photos of the twitch stream with their phones and then uploading it? lol

why not take a screenshot and upload so we don't have to deal with potato cameras..... we have the technology.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nine7six said:

are people really taking photos of the twitch stream with their phones and then uploading it? lol

why not take a screenshot and upload so we don't have to deal with potato cameras..... we have the technology.

Here you go:

20181212_170147.jpg

20181212_170130.jpg

20181212_170115.jpg

20181212_170057.jpg

received_1931213903665115.png

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming a points cost of 180 (putting the herald at 140), how many fiends would be optimal? I'm thinking a unit of 6 is best - maybe two units of 6? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Assuming a points cost of 180 (putting the herald at 140), how many fiends would be optimal? I'm thinking a unit of 6 is best - maybe two units of 6? 

They said its 520 points of slaanesh in the box

Curent points

Dameonettes 100

Seekers 120

Fiend 140

So 360 that's a 160 points left for the Herald I dont think the herald is 160 so I could see some point increases. If fiends are 180 then the herald would be 120. Its possible dameonettes went up in price. The fiends could be 160 and the herld 100 to 140. A bloodsecrator is 140 and the slaanesh herald is probably in the same territory. Some interesting possibilities.

Edited by Poryague

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Enoby said:

Assuming a points cost of 180 (putting the herald at 140), how many fiends would be optimal? I'm thinking a unit of 6 is best - maybe two units of 6? 

Six is our sacred number...

  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Poryague said:

They said its 520 points of slaanesh in the box

Curent points

Dameonettes 100

Seekers 120

Fiend 140

So 360 that's a 160 points left for the Herald I dont think the herald is 160 so I could see some point increases. If fiends are 180 then the herald would be 120. Its possible dameonettes went up in price. The fiends could be 160 and the herld 100 to 140. A bloodsecrator is 140 and the slaanesh herald is probably in the same territory. Some interesting possibilities.

Battalion cost?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Well of Eternity said:

Battalion cost?

I havent heard anything about the battalion cost unless I missed it in the stream but the 520 was the cost for all the units.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How useful do you think the infernal enrapturess will be? Her shooting seems decent (like a mini canon with better accuracy), but I don't know if it would be worth taking more than one. At the same time, the chance of some boost to depravity points really interests me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the daemonettes offensive performance is comparable (not perfectly) to witch aelf. They have to cast spells and prays to get the rend and the 6 to hits count as 2 hits these abilities are baseline for daemonettes. The witch aelfs have more attacks baseline and a better hit but for a command point the keeper can help get the number of attacks up. So its possible they went up slightly in points I hope not but it seems the daemonettes got more powerful.

The fiend obviously got more powerful so could have gone up to 160 to 200. 

Anyone good at guessing point cost have any ideas? I know we will know pretty soon anyways but see if we can guess it before they release it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Poryague said:

Anyone good at guessing point cost have any ideas? I know we will know pretty soon anyways but see if we can guess it before they release it.

Going to take a guess at:

Daemonettes 100

Seekers 100

Fiends 180

Infernal Enrapturess 140

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Enoby said:

How useful do you think the infernal enrapturess will be? Her shooting seems decent (like a mini canon with better accuracy), but I don't know if it would be worth taking more than one. At the same time, the chance of some boost to depravity points really interests me

Depends on what your shooting if a wizard wiffs and takes d3 mortals from her ability that forces rerolls you could shoot it off the board. The ability to generate depravity at range and passively could be strong depending on whats going on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I think 1 will find a place in most lists. Heralds on steed are still going to be popular, especially because you will want one to keep up with Fiends for their reroll 1's to hit. Maybe there might be a list that has maybe 2, with the idea that they move up and shoot heroes off the start for depravity generation, cause you definitely do not want this girls in combat. Taking two to shove an exposed hero with 2 attacks with -3 rend, d3 damage will be straight up damage for most heroes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JCar09 said:

One question guys!  

what is the correct measurement of the base of exalted keeper of secrets? i need the correct for tournaments!

Treelords base don't know the exact measurements of the tip of my head 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Enoby said:

How useful do you think the infernal enrapturess will be? Her shooting seems decent (like a mini canon with better accuracy), but I don't know if it would be worth taking more than one. At the same time, the chance of some boost to depravity points really interests me

They are both very useful and could easily substitute into my list just need confirmed points now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone think we may see some changes to pretenders? I noticed that both Daemonettes and Seekers get rerolls of 1 just for having the standard, which becomes less of a reason to run pretenders and it's reroll of 1's for large squads. Still useful for non-daemon Slaanesh, but makes me a bit sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, carnith said:

Anyone think we may see some changes to pretenders? I noticed that both Daemonettes and Seekers get rerolls of 1 just for having the standard, which becomes less of a reason to run pretenders and it's reroll of 1's for large squads. Still useful for non-daemon Slaanesh, but makes me a bit sad.

possibly some change to pretenders. I believe on stream they said the box comes with the allegiance abilities in it so its possible if a change happened its already in the box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...