AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

What were you thinking of using from Beast of Chaos? I'm toying with the idea of:

• Great Bray Shaman - A cheap wizard. Devolve seems interesting, however in practice I've found it hard to setup right. Movement buff pairs well with the other units I have in mind.
  • Beastlord - I suspect the entire design goal of the battalion was to maximize your odds of using the beastlord's command ability. 
  • Centigors - Seeker level speeds on an even hardier chassis for a cheaper price. Pairs quite nicely with seeker host and Bray-Shaman movement buff.
  • Tuskgor Chariots - I mostly just want some more chariots, ha! This is among the cheapest options for filling out the battalion requirements. Probably not as killy as slaaneshi daemon chariots, but I tend to use my chariots more for gunking up enemy movement anyway. 

Honorable mention to the Shaggoth. He's a big beefy hero who is able to heal himself. That makes him an alluring option for farming as much depravity as possible. The doombull isnt bad either, but I think he'd be better if I was considering taking more warherd.

Lastly, don't disregard the battalions bonus of being one drop and coming with another artifact! 

On 10/10/2018 at 1:52 PM, Aaron Schmidt said:

Using the chariot parts to make steed healds is a great idea!

I just posted some pictures of what I've done so far if you want to take a look. ?

www.tga.community/forums/topic/20174-ridiculous-value-for-money-slaanesh/

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PensivePanther said:

What were you thinking of using from Beast of Chaos? I'm toying with the idea of:

• Great Bray Shaman - A cheap wizard. Devolve seems interesting, however in practice I've found it hard to setup right. Movement buff pairs well with the other units I have in mind.
  • Beastlord - I suspect the entire design goal of the battalion was to maximize your odds of using the beastlord's command ability. 
  • Centigors - Seeker level speeds on an even hardier chassis for a cheaper price. Pairs quite nicely with seeker host and Bray-Shaman movement buff.
  • Tuskgor Chariots - I mostly just want some more chariots, ha! This is among the cheapest options for filling out the battalion requirements. Probably not as killy as slaaneshi daemon chariots, but I tend to use my chariots more for gunking up enemy movement anyway. 

Honorable mention to the Shaggoth. He's a big beefy hero who is able to heal himself. That makes him an alluring option for farming as much depravity as possible. The doombull isnt bad either, but I think he'd be better if I was considering taking more warherd.

Lastly, don't disregard the battalions bonus of being one drop and coming with another artifact! 

What does the Slanneshi beast battlion do?

5 hours ago, Aaron Schmidt said:

What does the Slanneshi beast battlion do?

It's okay. Apparently a Warhammer TV stream said it was okay to use the Fallacious Gift to trigger the artefact ability, but we've had no official FAQ on that; if it is the case, then it's pretty nice to put a black spot on one of the big heroes. 

FB_IMG_1537017730249.jpg

• Like 2

Looking at the Slanneshi rules in GHB2018 more, I am hoping they don't change a ton. I really like them. Some modern Battletome additions like spells, additional artifacts, and maybe some new & updated units would be sweet, but I kind of hope that the summoning, traits, and allegiance ability don't shift too much.

From a narrative perspective I could see the allegiance ability changing if Slannesh is found and released. I kind of like the imprisonment story, so I hope that sticks for a little. Its interesting and has a cool take on how that affects the rules with the 3 different play styles. 

Only time will tell!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Aaron Schmidt said:

Looking at the Slanneshi rules in GHB2018 more, I am hoping they don't change a ton. I really like them. Some modern Battletome additions like spells, additional artifacts, and maybe some new & updated units would be sweet, but I kind of hope that the summoning, traits, and allegiance ability don't shift too much.

From a narrative perspective I could see the allegiance ability changing if Slannesh is found and released. I kind of like the imprisonment story, so I hope that sticks for a little. Its interesting and has a cool take on how that affects the rules with the 3 different play styles. 

Only time will tell!

I agree with you, but I would like our current allegiance abilities expanding upon. So, Seekers could give +1-2" movement, but maybe they also let you always roll a 6 when you run. Maybe Pretenders lets the pretender reroll 1s when they're near a sufficient number of fans. Maybe Invaders could be changed to do something meaningful, like give 2 extra command points at the beginning of the game. While they're good, it feels like our abilities are sparse compared to Battletome armies - they could do with just a little bit extra. 

That said, I love our command traits, and most of our artefacts are decent. We mostly need a new spell lore and maybe a few new command abilities on new heroes. Some good battalions would be nice too. 

If the rumour about a harp player Herald is correct, then we may even see some kind of music lore - a dirge to strengthen our units, or weaken enemies. 

We can hope :D

1 minute ago, Enoby said:

Maybe Invaders could be changed to do something meaningful, like give 2 extra command points at the beginning of the game. While they're good, it feels like our abilities are sparse compared to Battletome armies - they could do with just a little bit extra. 

Invaders is the only one that has no traction for me. I love the Pretenders and Seekers ones and have a very tough time deciding between them. Invaders having 3 generals, but maybe with more CPs would be cool. I like the 12" boundary rule with them. Its interesting and very flavorful. 

Just now, Aaron Schmidt said:

Invaders is the only one that has no traction for me. I love the Pretenders and Seekers ones and have a very tough time deciding between them. Invaders having 3 generals, but maybe with more CPs would be cool. I like the 12" boundary rule with them. Its interesting and very flavorful. 

Totally agree - both Seekers and Invaders are great as is, but Invaders is unfortunate considering how good it was in 1st. There isn't enough benefit for the penalty of keeping your general's apart. Either more command points, or they all get a command trait, or something more exciting would be nice to see. That said, there is a chance we get some command abilities that have the stipulation of "if this model is your general, you can use this ability". I know DoK would love to have invaders.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Aaron Schmidt said:

For those of you who have played the army a ton (I've not, all theory hammer so far), what are your favorite ways to generate summoning points? What kind of totals do you expect in game?

I've found a pimped up Exalted keeper generates the most, so long as you put it against other big things. I expect to see between 30 and 50 points in a standard game.

3 hours ago, Enoby said:

I've found a pimped up Exalted keeper generates the most, so long as you put it against other big things. I expect to see between 30 and 50 points in a standard game.

30-50! Holy ******! That is fantastic.

I was simulating a particular KoS build vs Nagash which generated an insane amount of points which was cool. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aaron Schmidt said:

30-50! Holy ******! That is fantastic.

I was simulating a particular KoS build vs Nagash which generated an insane amount of points which was cool. 

In a 2000pt game, they accumulate much faster than you'd think. That said, don't make the mistakes I do and forget about everything else in lieu of depravity points :P

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aaron Schmidt said:

For those of you who have played the army a ton (I've not, all theory hammer so far), what are your favorite ways to generate summoning points? What kind of totals do you expect in game?

I've gone from 30 to 150 at my highest It is the best summoning in the game I feel at the moment. The 150 was against a soulblight army where everything kept healing thus generating more depravity 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Ive play against a lot of 1 wound armies lately, so low summoning for me, or its against stormcast and I have to slam a large squad of daemons into them to ensure they take a lot of damage while my keeper stays safe to not get bogged down on crappy infantry.

40 minutes ago, Aaron Schmidt said:

I have to tattoo, onto my arm, that mortal wounds don't generate depravity. That was something I missed in some of my theory-hammer. Not a dealbreaker at all, but easy to miss. It sure makes the Sorcerer Lord on Manticore less appealing (tho he's still a bad ass). 

Haha, I know right? I hate that! It hurts so much when my buddy blasts one of my heroes off the board with his dirty Tzeentch magic.

Man, I don't have an exalted keeper in my collection but I seem to typically net in the 12-18 depravity range. But I usually play 1000pt games mind you. 

• Like 1

Also on topic of conversion ideas. I wanted to make some Slaangors, more snek theme'd to use as Tzaangor Enlighened in either a BoC list or as allies for my Slaanesh army at times. The Lazy option is just buying Melusai, which is somewhat okay with me, as I want Slaaneshy Elves and well.. that's DoK. But my friend gave me a suggestion. Why not put bird wings on them, give them Tzaangor heads, and now they become Couatls. 

Would these be beleivable conversions for Tzaangor enlightened on discs/foot? What better way could I show this?

• Like 1