AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

2 minutes ago, Poryague said:

Malign portance and other sources of lore pointed out mortal followers and leaders of slaanesh. They came up with the idea for mortal followers but did not come through with models that kinda sucks. 

I was mostly referring to the Malign Portent Heralds.

Each Herald showed us which armies were getting massive updates for 2.0.

Lord Ordinator - > SCE

Knight of Shrouds - > Nighthaunt

Fungoid Cave Shaman - > Gloomspite Gitz

and the final is the Darkoath Warqueen - > Slaves to Darkness/Darkoath/Everchosen (assumption but seems the most obvious)

Any other army being updated that doesn't have a Herald did not get a massive model update (BoC, FEC, Skaven, Khorne, Fyreslayers). Slaanesh is a edge case but as I mentioned the daemons are also for 40k (and many people think Emperor's Children may be soon-ish)

So the real question is what occurs after the next chaos update.

5 minutes ago, kenshin620 said:

Lord Ordinator - > SCE

and the final is the Darkoath Warqueen - > Slaves to Darkness/Darkoath/Everchosen (assumption but seems the most obvious)

Any other army being updated that doesn't have a Herald did not get a massive model update (BoC, FEC, Skaven, Khorne, Fyreslayers). Slaanesh is a edge case but as I mentioned the daemons are also for 40k (and many people think Emperor's Children may be soon-ish)

You are making a good point, I suspect slaves to darkness is going to get a refresh like chaos space marines. The question is are the other gods going to have full access to it? I think it's only fair if they aren't going to give us new mortals. Just like how Legions of Nagash doesn't get everything in nighthaunt. 

23 minutes ago, kenshin620 said:

Lord Ordinator - > SCE

More so pointing out it is a miss oppurtunity.  If they dont do it now we have a long wait before it gets another update.  This means we only have the 3 slaanesh mortal units. 

2 hours ago, shinros said:

I think it's been confirmed. No new mortals.

User:Any chances to have Slaanesh mortals?

GW:There's no news of mortal followers of Slaanesh emerging from the realms right now, Jérémy, but we do know that we'll soon be seeing a whole lot more from a number of different tribes in Warcry...

This is super dissapointing to me. I really want to get into Slaanesh and the lack of mortals or alternative battleline is keeping me at bay.

They mentioned Warcry but really? This seems dubious as like how many options are there gonna be? Will it be like Underworlds where the units are unique and can only be a max of 1? From what i see on other Darkoath warscrolls currently out their not able to take marks and therefore fall under allies unless in StD army so they seem out of this picture as well.

I hope this is a gag to "suprise" everyone with some big reveal... 

1 minute ago, ChaosUndivided said:

This is super dissapointing to me. I really want to get into Slaanesh and the lack of mortals or alternative battleline is keeping me at bay.

They mentioned Warcry but really? This seems dubious as like how many options are there gonna be? Will it be like Underworlds where the units are unique and can only be a max of 1? From what i see on other Darkoath warscrolls currently out their not able to take marks and therefore fall under allies unless in StD army so they seem out of this picture as well.

I hope this is a gag to "suprise" everyone with some big reveal... 

Still praying to be wrong by the way. I mean GW can see people are unhappy, if I was them I would make sure to show some of the mortals tomorrow as damage control to reassure people. Their response to that question has far more angry/sad than likes. 

Another thing that is confusing me is that they are shilling war cry when people are asking that question. Unless it's as you say this is a gag response because that artwork with the keeper is clearly displaying mortals. 

18 minutes ago, kahadin said:

I'm disappointed, but honestly the roster isn't bad right now. I'm not sure what function the mortals would even have. 

I'm still excited to play them as I have a lot of slaanesh demons I've collected over the years.

One function would of been a caster. Without that our chepest caster is chaos sorcerer at 160 while others got one at 100.  The only way to fix this is if the herald of slaanesh became a caster. This could also mean only one spell lore for slaanesh there would be no deliniation between mortal and daemon spell lore.  Slaanesh would have no mortal casters outside of std.  Magic is one thing that i am concerned with as even if an army has good spells without serious buffs its easy to get your spells unbound. Mostly because of things like LoN and BoK. Maybe stormcast with auto unbinds. The army can function well so far without casting. It would mean top of 1 will be the best time to cast and have to make the most of it.

A battline mortal on foot unit would be hard as I am not sure what abilities it would have maybe some defensive mechanic. Maybe emiting another type of buff or debuff. The daemonettes have good damage. 

Edited by Poryague

I’m still looking forward to things as I love the daemons anyways. I’m a little sad cause I wanted a mortal army as people hate fighting my daemon list and I’m not sold on slaves but I guess I’ll do ideas like using kairic acolytes with round shields for slaanesh

So I'm going to point this out one more time, but if you look at the below linked rumor engine, you will see that the designs and soulstones are consistent with Slaanesh.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/03/26/the-rumour-engine-4th-december-2018-2/

If you look at the Soulstones on the hellstriders horn they are the same. The scrollwork on the hellstrider armor and the seekers of slaanesh horn are also very similar to that rumor engine. We also have the art that shows the mortals that have the same styling as the demon prince.

I still believe in a mortal unit for slaanesh. If you could see my photo collage on my wall, it would be easy to see that the red string links everything together!

Or everyone else could be right and its just a new elf thing, but it doesn't look elvish to me compared to what is currently in the line.

Edited by kahadin
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, kahadin said:

So I'm going to point this out one more time, but if you look at the below linked rumor engine, you will see that the designs and soulstones are consistent with Slaanesh.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/03/26/the-rumour-engine-4th-december-2018-2/

If you look at the Soulstones on the hellstriders horn they are the same. The scrollwork on the hellstrider armor and the seekers of slaanesh horn are also very similar to that rumor engine. We also have the art that shows the mortals that have the same styling as the demon prince.

I still believe in a mortal unit for slaanesh. If you could see my photo collage on my wall, it would be easy to see that the red string links everything together!

Or everyone else could be right and its just a new elf thing, but it doesn't look elvish to me compared to what is currently in the line.

Yeah, some of the language they use in the article has me hopeful, their facebook responses are bloody confusing which is making me doubt. As I've said many times I want to be wrong, I will be happy being wrong. 

For me mortals could take the place of Daemonettes as im not a huge fan of the sculpts and if you do the math they are under costed and probably due for a point hike. Having a cheap mortal chaff unit to take their place would be nice.

The other option, Hell Striders, are just outdated and kinda apparently so next to newer stuff. If we get new Hell Striders thats almost as good as getting a mortal chaff unit to me.

I guess the issue is that there is already multiple armies vying for my hard earned $$$ and maybe im just being picky but would really like to see more out of this release, and to be honest i expected more due to how long its been needed and the hype leading up to it. I guess i only have myself to blame for that.

2 minutes ago, ChaosUndivided said:

For me mortals could take the place of Daemonettes as im not a huge fan of the sculpts and if you do the math they are under costed and probably due for a point hike. Having a cheap mortal chaff unit to take their place would be nice.

The other option, Hell Striders, are just outdated and kinda apparently so next to newer stuff. If we get new Hell Striders thats almost as good as getting a mortal chaff unit to me.

I guess the issue is that there is already multiple armies vying for my hard earned $$$ and maybe im just being picky but would really like to see more out of this release, and to be honest i expected more due to how long its been needed and the hype leading up to it. I guess i only have myself to blame for that.

There could be new mortals, the facebook guy might of been given a cruddy gag response when it came to people asking for mortals. I've said it many times I would show some mortals off tomorrow as damage control to reassure people. 

I think if they’re saying no they mean no, a straight answer to a straight question, right? StD is getting a new tome this year and probably new Marauders as there were none in the Xmas box set, plus making your own Slaangors could be a cool conversion project. It’s not great but I think we’ll have the tools. 

Edited by 5kaven5lave

So we have no ranged units and no mages... Still a one dimensional "spam daemonettes ftw" army. Quite disappointed, I was gonna preorder everything but now I'm having serious doubts as I already got DoK to play the "spam speedy things that stab you lots of times" style. 

Edited by Benkei

I think the best 'hope' for mortals we have is that the fiends and enrapturess aren't on preorder, while the flesh hounds were for Khorne. There is absolutely no reason they wouldn't release fiends and enrapturess this week along with everything else unless they had a reason to release them next week.    

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, 5kaven5lave said:

I think if they’re saying no they mean no, a straight answer to a straight question, right? 

I don't think they have given a straight answer, though.

The answers have been quite ambiguous. 

"Not this week" could mean next week or in six months.

"Check out Warcry" could mean no Slaanesh Mortals, or that they have been told they need to hype Warcry, but not talk about Mortals.

It feels as if the poor WHC team have as usual been given two lists (what they can reveal versus  what they cannot) and then been thrown to the social media lions.

I will be disappointed if there aren't new mortals. GW have done some very cool Mortal and beastie models for the other Chaos Gods.

• Like 1

Mortals or not, I'm really looking forward to what our battletome has in store :) To be honest, my biggest worry is if they don't do anything interesting with the hosts; Fyreslayers didn't have their GHB ability changed much at all, but I think they had a more complete allegiance ability anyway. Ours feels very anemic - the hosts don't really play very differently and feel more like concept ideas. I just hope that they are expanded on so if you play the same list in Pretenders and Godseekers they actually feel remarkably different.  

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/04/22/battletome-preview-hedonites-of-slaaneshgw-homepage-post-2/

Some very interesting changes. Hosts have become more important by the looks of things, but we now have a way to give enemies always strike last. Daemonettes seem to have lost their extra attacks ability, but everyone has now gained something similar. From the looks of things, we could be very strong.