AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

1 minute ago, cooleyo said:

List discussion. Pretenders.

Keeper of secrets (devotee of torment, allure, realm artefact ...?)

KoS

Daemon Prince with wings and sword

Daemon Prince with wings and axe

2x Exalted Chariot

10 warriors (shields)

10 warriors (great weapons)

40 marauders (flails)

10 seekers

Geminids

Models:

I am keeping my 40 daemonettes, a herald on foot, a chariot herald and more seeker cavalry for summoning purposes.

Realm artefact discussion:

-Sword of Judgement, that gives me d6 mortal wounds on a 6 to hit

-Ethereal Armor, that makes my 4+ ignore rend.

-Anything else you would suggest?

I'd suggest the realm artefact that gives you -3 rend on the claws of the keeper. We don't get depravity points from mortal wounds, but -3 rend is as good as mortal wounds for many armies. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Enoby said:

I'd suggest the realm artefact that gives you -3 rend on the claws of the keeper. We don't get depravity points from mortal wounds, but -3 rend is as good as mortal wounds for many armies. 

What is the name and realm of that artefact, please?

Off to Facehammer end of the month and I'm taking a stupid list of Slaanesh. I've tried taking Slaanesh the last two Facehammers and ended up bailing after trying to build the Exalted chariots. Now I've got the two Exalted ones done, I've just got four more Seeker chariots left to build.

Got a big box of Daemonettes and Seekers to summon too so could be fun.

1887463079_2018-08-3014_26_22.jpg.034e5472442e91c18262107ce2b11b68.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TalesOfSigmar said:

Off to Facehammer end of the month and I'm taking a stupid list of Slaanesh. I've tried taking Slaanesh the last two Facehammers and ended up bailing after trying to build the Exalted chariots. Now I've got the two Exalted ones done, I've just got four more Seeker chariots left to build.

That army will look fantastic! I hope the chariots perform well - I've never seen them used in such a large number.

Hi All,

Jumping on the bandwagon for Slaanesh and thought I would share some pics of my few models I have done to start off, mainly because they are alternate minis from Raging Heroes which I think are really good sculpts for slaanesh.

These are the first 5 daemonettes (sorry about the photo quality):

IMG_4588.jpg.2a558ad8b6be0a44485196940d1b523a.jpg

This is my daemon prince:

IMG_4589.jpg.05761be7f953e404cc6441b90a1d5850.jpg

IMG_4590.jpg.d427459a0ddc094eebbd6a07a5ddee50.jpg

• Like 3

Darn I love that huge claw on her! Really wish GW could do something like her! 

Raging heroes have some fantastic sculpts and I've eyed more than a few with a mind to getting some some day - some I dislike (like their take on fiends) but I do love some of their work and its clear that they've got some great inspiration. It's almost a shame that they can't cut it out alone and make their own identity instead of just making alternates; but still greatly respect their designs! 

5 minutes ago, Overread said:

Raging heroes have some fantastic sculpts and I've eyed more than a few with a mind to getting some some day - some I dislike (like their take on fiends) but I do love some of their work and its clear that they've got some great inspiration. It's almost a shame that they can't cut it out alone and make their own identity instead of just making alternates; but still greatly respect their designs! 

Yeah some of the stuff is whacky... or just plain gross. A lot of this range though for the most part I feel real captures the Slaanesh feel and puts a real contrast to the other daemon ranges in line with the lore. Working with their kits is to be honest a nightmare sometimes, but the minis look great for a small operation.

21 hours ago, Overread said:

I think Mierce Minis (ignoring the controversy of particular individuals who are associated with the company) strikes a good balance of things clearly "warhammer" and things that don't exist in warhammer but can still be used as a proxy. Though you sure do pay out the nose for their stuff!

And to be fair RH do make Fantasy Human Fighters which technically doesn't exist as an army in both Warhammer Fantasy and AoS, unless you count Sisters of Sigmar from Mordheim (though to be fair about being fair, they are also just Fantasy versions of their "totally not sisters of battle" so I guess it all cancels out)

But hey nothing wrong with a little bit of competition, especially if people are unsatisfied with particular gw models (theres a reason why some Bitz companies made 40k Taurox fixes! ?)

On 9/5/2018 at 2:39 PM, TalesOfSigmar said:

Looks interesting I’ve always fancied running archaon and it will be good to see another slaanesh player there. What are you aiming for?

so im wondering if you mark the beasts through whatever means, will it be a BoC warscroll Battalion, or just like "if you take this, you gain the marks, and aren't allies to other marked units" Cause I'd love to do a beasts of chaos army in the future to make a big horde of Slaaneshy Goats

13 hours ago, Tzeentchmike said:

Looks interesting I’ve always fancied running archaon and it will be good to see another slaanesh player there. What are you aiming for?

Honestly just aiming for 5 fun games. Last year I took a triple chicken Tzeentch list as a laugh and ended up finishing 13th which I wasn't expecting at all. This year I just want to push loads of chariots and Archaon around the table while having a few drinks. I'm sure they'll be some funny stories to tell (hopefully a full unit lawnmowered by the Exalted chariot).

Think instead of the sword of judgement I might just take the -3 rend artefact for the keeper. Will be alot easier to use rather than hoping my Exalted chariot hits a monster or hero.

• Like 1

Hi guys! Quick check if i'm thinking correctly or not. 1st turn combat phase. No charges were declared, my turn. Keeper is within 6" with devotee. Pilles in and attacks. Enemy retaliates? Let's say i kill enemy outright, and from the command ability i go into a second unit, attack it. Does it retaliate or not? And another question. At which point i need to spend my command point for the keepers ability, in his rules it does not say if its hero phase combat phace.

25 minutes ago, Siemano said:

Hi guys! Quick check if i'm thinking correctly or not. 1st turn combat phase. No charges were declared, my turn. Keeper is within 6" with devotee. Pilles in and attacks. Enemy retaliates? Let's say i kill enemy outright, and from the command ability i go into a second unit, attack it. Does it retaliate or not? And another question. At which point i need to spend my command point for the keepers ability, in his rules it does not say if its hero phase combat phace.

I believe both enemies would retaliate as they are in combat once you've piled in.

As for your second question, I think it's the hero phase as all command abilities are used then (unless specifically stated otherwise).

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:33 AM, carnith said:

so im wondering if you mark the beasts through whatever means, will it be a BoC warscroll Battalion, or just like "if you take this, you gain the marks, and aren't allies to other marked units" Cause I'd love to do a beasts of chaos army in the future to make a big horde of Slaaneshy Goats

I believe it was clarified on the stream the latter is the case, so taking the Slaaneshi Battalion for beasts will cause them to be counted as part of the army and not under allies.

So according to the stream by WarhammerTV the Beasts Slaanesh battalion will allow rerolls on charge when near heroes with artefacts, what's interesting is this apparently can be either your own or enemy heroes.

Very interested in running a Slaanesh themed Beasts army in preparation for the return of our magnificent lord.

• Thanks 1

i watched the stream yesterday, and the host wrote in the chat that slaanesh ability was named "depraved drove"
it will give reroll on the charges, and if enemy is figthing on of the heroes, it will have to reroll successful hits

Edited by Ektor
  • Like 1