AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

34 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Just thinking, did they say all heralds would be casters? If so, does that not mean that the Masque and Infernal Enrapturess are also casters?

Yes all heralds. But in his round up he didn't mention those two. He did mention the foot, mounted chariot ones. 

1 minute ago, Kramer said:

Yes all heralds. But in his round up he didn't mention those two. He did mention the foot, mounted chariot ones. 

Interesting. Did you happen to catch what the acquiescence spell does? 

2 hours ago, Lucky Snake Eyes said:

Allegiance locked I'd think, but idk we don't exactly have many situations with armies using other armies endless spells outside of nagash and the nighthaunt spells and that's because it's explicitly stated he can cast them.

No endless spells are Allegiance locked, only keyword locked. Its fairly regular to use stormcast allies with comet in random order armies. I've used Skaven Plague Lord with the new skaven endless spells in my Chaos Dwarves. 

51 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Just thinking, did they say all heralds would be casters? If so, does that not mean that the Masque and Infernal Enrapturess are also casters?

The interview was quite casual in nature so by "heralds" he might well have only specifically meant "herald" models. Ergo the herald in finecast and the heralds on the chariots (and now heralds can stand on all 3 variations of chariot). 

However he also said that the Infernal was unchanged from how she is in Wrath and Rapture so that means not a mage,

Edited by Overread

1 hour ago, Overread said:

The interview was quite casual in nature so by "heralds" he might well have only specifically meant "herald" models. Ergo the herald in finecast and the heralds on the chariots (and now heralds can stand on all 3 variations of chariot). 

However he also said that the Infernal was unchanged from how she is in Wrath and Rapture so that means not a mage,

Worth pointing out that these videos are not always 100% correct and errors in them are common. 

😋 only one of these statements could be correct - the heralds are wizards, and enrapturess warscroll is unchanged. 

Edited by NurglesFirstChosen

Er...just came here to apologise for my saltiness before, my mates down at my local store kinda helped me get over my disappointment. They convinced me to stick with the tome, sorry again if it felt like I was snapping at people if you felt as such. 

Edited by shinros
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, Poryague said:

Skulltakers is a blooter letter unit reroll 1 to wound.

So something that buff daemonettes maybe. 

I would love some sort of buff to daemonettes' wounds. The one thing that lets them down is their wound rolls.

8 hours ago, Poryague said:

Skulltakers is a blooter letter unit reroll 1 to wound.

So something that buff daemonettes maybe. 

Slaanesh theme is more debuffs then buffs. She could lock enemy run... or force roll 3d6 pick lowest on charge.

4 hours ago, azmodan said:

Slaanesh theme is more debuffs then buffs. She could lock enemy run... or force roll 3d6 pick lowest on charge.

Technically, a "debuff" could be something like:

Enfeeble: Pick an enemy unit within 12". Friendly units targeting this unit re-roll to-wound.

something like that.

• Like 1

Also, sorry for double post, but I have to vent. I am so eager to move along with speculating and adjusting my army, but so little information exists .... it's almost painful.

anyone want to chat about potential lore or anything? What are people doing with their "Exalteds" in the fluff now that they are not-so-Exalted? Are they getting some sudden demotion for some reason? Are the Keepers underneath them being empowered? Does anyone care? haha.

11 minutes ago, Rentar said:

According to the stream a few days ago, Exalted KoS are getting a Warscroll update, so they're staying on top.

Fluffwise, I don't see why there would be any changes in that area?

I saw the stream. The implication was that they were very nervous about talking about the EKoS and they outright said they'd be "somewhat less exalted."

It's a mite embarrassing if the basic Keeper outperforms the Exalted Keeper at literally everything.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Unit1126PLL said:

I saw the stream. The implication was that they were very nervous about talking about the EKoS and they outright said they'd be "somewhat less exalted."

It's a mite embarrassing if the basic Keeper outperforms the Exalted Keeper at literally everything.

Oddly enough I think it might come down to the size of the model. So with nurgle for example, the exalted guo essentially became a slightly worse version of the standard guo, but it's also a touch smaller than the standard. The exalted bloodthirster is still a fair bit stronger but he's also still a fair bit bigger. So if the new keeper is a similar size to the exalted expect them to be about the same rules wise (not sure, I haven't seen any kind of size comparison yet). If it's bigger and more impressive visually then the rules will likely reflect that. Either way I'd expect some clear nerfs because that helps ensure people buy the new model rather than use the old resin one.