AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

12 minutes ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

The squig battalion that gives it is a pretty big one. It has the other squig battalion as a component, so it's pretty limiting. Plus the pile in boost is only under the bad moon, so it's nowhere near certain (it literally might never apply).

Sure, but it's clearly a mechanic they're not getting rid of and again you're talking about what can be a large battalion having the ability conditionally or a single model having the ability all the time. The question is if it stays around are some of the command abilities shared between all the hosts like they are with Tzeentch and if it's not a shared one which host gets it.

Edited by firebat

16 minutes ago, 5kaven5lave said:

So it’s definite then that Gors, Ungors etc. aren’t battleline in a Slaanesh allegiance army? Have they FAQ’d it or anything? What’s the exact wording on the Warscroll Batallion?

Gors and Ungors are. They are battleline regardless. Bestigors and Bullgors aren't. You need to be Beasts for those to be Battleline

• Like 1

Gors and Ingots are universal battleline. They are only not battleline when allied.

The WSB  which gives them the slaanesh keyword, is a Slaanesh warscroll battalion which means they are not allied. 

Bullgors and bestigors are BoC conditional battleline so they would not gain battleline status regardless of who your characters are. 

• Like 2

Amazing news. Thanks to all. This is my first go at a super-competitive list then, leaving some room for points rises:

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Pretenders

Leaders
Great Bray Shaman (100)
Infernal Enrapturess (120)
The Masque of Slaanesh (80)
Keeper of Secrets (260)
- General
Keeper of Secrets (260)

Battleline
10 x Gors (80)
- Gor-Blades & Beastshields
10 x Gors (80)
- Gor-Blades & Beastshields
10 x Daemonettes of Slaanesh(100)

Units
5 x Centigors (80)
6 x Fiends of Slaanesh (360)

Behemoths
Cygor (180)

Battalions
Depraved Drove (150)

Total: 1850 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 113

So, turn one, Gors and Centigors cavort and carouse with Daemonettes around the Herdstone (will proxy for the new Slaanesh terrain piece if it’s a similar size). The Cygor lounges about while Fiends cater to its every weird wish. Enrapturess blasts out a few tunes while The Masque dances and Bray Shaman does a few vocals. 2 KOS are lording over it all vying for the affection of the herd. 

Instant win?

4 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

oh but they do :)

you take the Depraved Drove battalion within the BOC book which gives them the god keyword and then they can fulfill all the requirements of the god specific army.  Yes you pay for the privilege, but it allows you to legitimately take them in your army without having to have them as allies.

What you won't get however, is them taking allegience abilities or artefacts from beasts or hedonites if they include the word daemon or mortal as the beasts don't have these keywords.

No I mean despite using the battalion as a means of taking bullgors and bestigors, they will only count as battleline if your armies allegiance is BoC, if you choose hedonites for your allegiance then they wouldn't fulfill battleline requirements.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, firebat said:

They don't count as battleline though because that requires your allegiance to be Beasts and it's not, it's Slaanesh.

I expected to lose Devotee of Torment but after finding out that Squigs can get it with a Battalion i'm not so sure now. It's only one model with it after all.

Apologies. My mistake

5 minutes ago, Unit1126PLL said:

Important note: If you sacrifice and artefact instead of a wound to the Fane, it gives you re-rolls to hit for the entire game. Not sure if worth, but sounds kinda like it...

Was reading it just now - think it depends on what artifact(s) you're taking. Could be potent but I think most of the time whatever artifact you selected is probably better? 

Just now, SwampHeart said:

Was reading it just now - think it depends on what artifact(s) you're taking. Could be potent but I think most of the time whatever artifact you selected is probably better? 

I wonder, if you've used a once per battle artefact, can you sacrifice it?

1 minute ago, Enoby said:

Our endless spells are interesting to say the least.

The mirror looks to be the stand out on initial reading but if you're slotting in BoC then the face could really help with bravery issues. And I don't see why you couldn't toss in your once per game artifact to get the bonus. 

I kind of wish the fane gave auto rerolls for sacrificing an item.

Also, to what enoby was saying earlier. I think we can assume the worst for what we had, but it seems like the designer has a good vision for slaanesh, so I think it will be a good book.

I do think we will keep 6" pile ins, just because khorne got some 8" and 6" pile ins. I'm sure we will have debuffs, but -1 hit might become 4+ strike last.

The fane looks really good on an infernal enrapturess for 2 DP every turn or to eat a one time only item from a keeper of secrets (we'll see if it works). Free DP is also cool.

Regarding the spells, I love the mirror. You can try to summon it and move behind the enemy lines so that each unit within 12" that tries to move forward will suffer D3 MW. The ability to deal MW to heroes is really unreliable but can potentially deal a lot of damage.

The wheels have a very short range and can easily backfire, especially since we have low saves, but are easy to cast. The visage will deal an average of 3MV and +/- 1 bravery is quite nice.

I think it will depend on how much each spell costs.

They're quite nice overall.

Edited by spenson

1 minute ago, spenson said:

Copy/paste from my reddit comment because I'm lazy:

The fane looks really good on an infernal enrapturess for 2 DP every turn or to eat a one time only item from a keeper of secrets (we'll see if it works). Free DP is also cool.

Regarding the spells, I love the mirror. You can try to summon it and move behind the enemy lines so that each unit within 12" that tries to move forward will suffer D3 MW. The ability to deal MW to heroes is really unreliable but can potentially deal a lot of damage.

The wheels have a very short range and can easily backfire, especially since we have low saves, but are easy to cast. The visage will deal an average of 3MV and +/- 1 bravery is quite nice.

I think it will depend on how much each spell costs.

Maybe use a spell portal at the top of one so you can tag as much as possible with the mirror. 

Hmm, kinda underwhelming after the Skaven haha. The wheels are counter intuitive, you want to use spells and mortal wounds to hit models with good armor saves, but it works best on crappy armor saves. Mirror is solid but not amazing, if it's cheap then it'll be a good buy but if it's around 100 then I won't bother. The visage is decent too. Average of 3 mortal wounds into deployment turn 1 is solid and you can target small chaff units like bloodreavers to use the bravery penalty after the damage. 7 to cast is rough if there are no casting buffs though... Maybe cast it with the epitome. I guess it'll come down to points again. 

I think the mirror will be predictably great against heros. A any kind of medium sized troop unit can either string and edge .001 mm closer to avoid the damage or just take the 2 mw and not care. More of a turn 2 cast.  The blades is actually really really good. 12 inch moves means it hits a lot of things as long as the base isn't too big, and does 3-5 mw on everything hit. At 40pts it would be strong. At 60 it is still probably better than pendulum, which sees play. Best again against wizard casters who with usually 5w and a 5+ have ok odds to get 1 shotted.

I see that fane artifact sacrifice as still useful. An artifact that just gave full rerolls to hit would sometimes be useful already and is not so different from  well picked artifacts like ghyrstrike since it let's you have more chances on those 6s to hit, and it allows you to lateral out of an artifact that lost its function. Something that only works vs casters or spells can be exchanged if you are playing against khorne or kill all their wizards or whatnot. 

2 minutes ago, Frowny said:

...it allows you to lateral out of an artifact that lost its function.

It'll be nice if we end up getting locked in to an artifact for any reason (hosts or whatnot) you can just straight Kobe the trash artifact for a better buff. 

• Like 4

The mirror says move not movement phase. We have pile in moves, charge move and out of phase movement. I may be forgetting some other. Those are all moves if you fail to move closer you take d3. So an faq may be needed as it is using a broad term versus movement phase.

• Like 1