AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

On 7/20/2018 at 4:52 PM, Enoby said:

Rerolls happen before modifiers, so the + of the 6+ is meaingless - the reroll happens even with the -1 from Hellstriders :) there was an FAQ about this a while ago (though not specifically daemonettes)

That is amazing.  I never thought of it that way.  I always played it the -1 makes the 6.  The re-rolls before modifiers really throws me off still.  I need to get more used to it.

19 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Bit of a shame :(

Screenshot_20180723-143752_Drive.jpg

I can see that making sense in a fluff/gaming sense?  A non-MW would be a bit of Pleasure from Pain idea.  A MW would outright make the hero angry ?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Popisdead said:

That is amazing.  I never thought of it that way.  I always played it the -1 makes the 6.  The re-rolls before modifiers really throws me off still.  I need to get more used to it.

Yeah, it's really good :) very powerful if you can get the opponent to a 5+ or 6+ to hit(e.g. gemnids + hellstriders on a unit with 3+ or 4+ to hit). You basically become unhittable as they have to reroll (nearly) all of their successful hits. 

• Like 1

What didn't make sense to me was that the rules were clear. New MW rules was that all mws counted as wounds for all wounds purposes. Why even write that if they are basically walking it back for nearly every instance. They have said that unless a trinket or something mentions "Wounds or mortal wounds" then it only affects whatever is specified. That's just confusing when it was a clear rules interaction. 

• Like 1

On 7/21/2018 at 1:39 AM, carnith said:

I guess its based on what we want out of our armies. My list's main punch is the 60 daemonettes and the keeper. I have 2 heralds on exalted chariots and a sorcerer lord on manticore, so for me, the speed is not really a requirement. My hellstriders aren't combat focused and just are for support. I also bring 2 jabberslythes for dying on monsters I don't think I can reasonably kill. 

Interesting list I have been on the receiving end of jabbersltyhes  a lot and know hoe effective they can be, especially when you now have to attack them 

I don’t think we can be too hard done by the depravity change as nerfs go it’s pretty minor as we don’t generally rely on mortal wounds to do the damage only the chariots and spells and possible artefacts are effected. With the changes to some armies especially kroak I think it has allowed us to compete in one of our worst matchups in seraphon rather than be nuked every turn from  kroak hiding at the back of the army and us unable to deal significant damage to him

Hello all, looking for some list building advice. I would really like to make a competitive  Archaon Slaanesh list( i know nurgle seems to be the favorite). No one in my area plays either Slaanesh or Archaon and I think it would be fun to play something no ones seen. We mostly have Death, Stormcast, Deepkin and Iron Jaws. Anyway this is what i have so far.

Screenshot_20180724-131737_Print Spooler.jpg

Screenshot_20180724-131748_Print Spooler.jpg

3 hours ago, NurgleBro said:

Just getting into Slaanesh daemons. What should I look into?

You can't go wrong with daemonettes, a keeper of secrets, or the Masque of Slaanesh. Daemonettes are brilliant for battleline troops, and will dish out very heavy damage. The keeper of secrets has an amazing command ability and does decent damage itself.  The Masque is just very annoying for the opponent, and provides good defence for very few points. Other than that, we don't really have any bad units - everything has a place. 

1 hour ago, Hagoroth said:

Hello all, looking for some list building advice. I would really like to make a competitive  Archaon Slaanesh list( i know nurgle seems to be the favorite). No one in my area plays either Slaanesh or Archaon and I think it would be fun to play something no ones seen. We mostly have Death, Stormcast, Deepkin and Iron Jaws. Anyway this is what i have so far.

Screenshot_20180724-131737_Print Spooler.jpg

Looks like an interesting list :) it will generate a lot of depravity points, that's for sure. The only issue I can see is that Chaos warriors hit like pillows - you might be better swapping them for lots of daemonettes. 

9 minutes ago, Hagoroth said:

I was thinking that, i could switch it up for 20/20/10 deamonettes

I'd even suggest 30/20 (with Hellstriders counting as your 3rd battleline); a unit of 30 daemonettes means you get the large unit bonus for longer, and it has a 30 point discount. 

Slaanesh does okay with extra cp. You could pick from Slaanesh artefacts, because breathtaker is a top tier artefact. Or if you want realm artefacts, aetherquarts brooch could allow multiple units to have a second activation, or a weapon for a leader, such as any of the 6+ hit weapons for a keeper (6 attacks will definitely proc) or even the -3 rend weapon for a lord on mount since he doesn't have rend on his attacks.

1 hour ago, Hagoroth said:

Just to be sure, you're aware that Geminids have been nerfed right? Granted IMO the original Geminids was pretty bonkers for 40pts. Either it could have stayed the same but go up to 60-80pts, or did what they did and only have a unit be affected by one or the other per turn.

unless you go hard on a big squad of hellstriders, you will find them lacking in combat. They will take too long to get the attacks you want them to have to be a somewhat useful force, and at 2 wounds a model with a 5+ save, they aren't surviving long either. My suggestion is min squads with enrapturing banner. Spread them out to cover your armies . Place them in ways that you expand the -1 to hit debuff over your chaff. If you take a keeper of secrets, they will be natural best friends as your keeper can't honestly take a fair fight with well... anything. You have to make it a debuffing monster that will make anyone despise it, and to do that, you have your hellstriders lend support. You don't even want these guys in combat, and whips will be the best way for when you do get into combat. They have such a large reach that you can swing over your lines, but I've modeled all of mine with spears due to fear of them snapping, so your mileage may vary.

For such a powerful debuff, 200 points in debuffs is more than enough to be a force multiplier as your deny your opponent so many attacks in melee. It does affect range units, but you have to be on top of them, so unless you engage the ranged unit in combat, the unit can just walk away. Also beware, it's a model by model basis, so you may not get all of your enemies models in. 

6 minutes ago, Tzeentchmike said:

That's good to see just in time for Blackout. Now I have to decide if I want to keep invigorated by pain on the exalted or go with devotee of torment. Any thoughts?

I'd always suggest devotee of torment - it is incredibly versatile in what it technically allows you to do

Hell yeah! I think when my friends place our next FW order, I'm going to pick up the exalted keeper. I have the Raging Heroes, Avatar of Shah, but it's so large, has no base that even GW bases will fit, and it's larger than a knight titan... so it's like a super exalted keeper... could almost be a stand in for Slaanesh herself. 

I need to work on building 2 more daemon princes. The original idea was my keeper conversion was going to be my daemon prince after we got our eventual plastic keeper of secrets, but the conversion was pricey, needing a daemon prince kit, a flying hive tyrant tail, and a lot of green stuff that a friend did for me. The conversion came out to be around 110 for all the kits and work needed. It looks gorgeous, but I cannot really afford 2 more of those conversions.

Hey guys! New Slaanesh mono-Daemons player hopping over from 40k for the new edition.

I have played 4 games - 1 1k game against Seraphon the very day the new edition dropped, and got flattened by summoning. Didn't really understand what was going on and forgot to / didn't know to pick an artifact.

My next game was against Legion of Sacrament at 1k. This time I was prepared - my Exalted Keeper had the Gryph-Feather Charm from Ghur and was -2 to hit, with the Pretenders battle trait, Allure of Slaanesh, and Invigorated by Pain.

Next game was against Clan Skyre, 2k. I was a 1k with a buddy's allied Nurgle. Some tunneling rats with stormfiends instantly deleted my Exalted Keeper with mortal wounds and it was downhill from there.

Most recent game was a 2k, full-bodied rematch against the Legion of Sacrament player. He had some terrifying spellcasting, and regenerated his hexwraiths after my Exalted Keeper killed them, using the double attack spell to kill her next phase. I used the depravity points (had like 54 by then, since my Exalted Keeper had killed a vampire Lord on dragon as well as the hexwraiths,), and summoned two lesser Keepers, causing my opponent to concede as my Daemonettes had ripped up his Skeletons.

So, quick overview of my experience. I see some discussion of the Exalted Keeper; my current loadout is Gryph-Feather Charm, as noted, and the Invigorated by Pain and Allure of Slaanesh traits, giving her 1" extra movement, -1 to hit with shooting and -2 with melee, and healing. Though it can be unreliable, I have found that the sheer damage she can cause means I will get a few wounds back per combat phase most likely.

Other Artefacts I have been considering include the Doppleganger Cloak, decreasing her durability against shooting but allowing her to annihilate enemies in CC irrespective of order; the Igneous Plate, since 4+ against mortal wounds seems neat, or... well basically there are quite a few. Thoughts? I am mostly concerned with her durability, since buffing her attacks feels unnecessary and buffing her speed can be done with Cogs or whatever. Though cogs + thermalrider cloak would be hilarious for 20" move with Fly...

• Like 1

Hello everyone! I just joined the forums, I'm starting to gather a hosts of slaanesh army. I'll share my roster later on but for now I am looking find out how daemonettes accually work. If they roll a 6+ (5+ if there is 20 or more models) they get an additional attack. Now i looked through the erratas and comentary notes and didn't find any mention if the additional attacks also create more attacks on 6+/5+ or is it one time only for the first attack rolls. Can someone clarify this for me?

Core rules state that extra attacks do not generate extra attacks. 

So if you have 30 daemonettes, you would get 61 attacks, every 5 and 6 is an extra attack. Now if you take the icon of infinite excess, this adds +1 to hit, this would then work on a 4, 5, and 6. 

Also note, that if you have any negative modifiers on your daemonettes, their extra attack ability may not go off. Going back to our 30 Daemonette example, if I give you -1 to hit, then your daemonettes hit on 5's and generate attacks on 6's. If I dropped you to below 20 to lose the bonus, then your daemonettes would hit on 5's and generate no extra attacks. Knowing how to get synergy is helpful, but unfortunately slaanesh is lacking in the buff all of their units department outside of loci which are more defensive orientated for daemonettes.