AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

29 minutes ago, Izotzuhure said:

Everything looks sooooo good. Though, I'm thinking that the KoS might not keep its current Command Ability considering how many buffs it's indirectly getting by Allegiance Abilities and by the skills that we know so far. What do you think? 

Everything looks toooooo Good.

Iam really think we gonna see some huge nerfs

15 minutes ago, Hebroseph said:

Isnt that all you need to stop the auto 6 mortal wounds?

The terroeghiest is umodified 6s. But with helstriders and this if tag him with daemonettes that force reroll 6 to hit makes daemonettes tougher.

6 minutes ago, azmodan said:

Everything looks toooooo Good.

Iam really think we gonna see some huge nerfs

I fear that too, but I think what's more likely is some considerable changes - it's worth not being too upset about any apparent nerfs until investigating the full book. I feel a lot of people do that and it really clouds judgement; lots of people complained about Stormfiend changes, but Skaven are still very strong.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, azmodan said:

Right :)

Anyway imagine your oppnents face.

When you have your harpist in range of his caster and you dispell with mirror twins ;)

Yeah, our anti casting is insane. 

Imagine, a standard 7 to cast. Fiends nearby make it an 8. They then must reroll any successes. Then we have two chances to reroll a dispelling attempt.

57 minutes ago, Izotzuhure said:

Everything looks sooooo good. Though, I'm thinking that the KoS might not keep its current Command Ability considering how many buffs it's indirectly getting by Allegiance Abilities and by the skills that we know so far. What do you think? 

The old DoK blood cauldron (pre-battletome) had the same command ability as the KoS, and that was changed to making a unit attack in the hero phase instead, so they could go that route.  Or, total spitballing, they could have a CA that lets one unit always strike first in the combat phase, that would be appropriately Slaaneshi.  Then again FEC basically get the KoS command ability but better on all their heroes, so really who knows how it will shake out, too much up in the air with regards to potential changes to pin anything down properly yet.

10 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Yeah, our anti casting is insane. 

Imagine, a standard 7 to cast. Fiends nearby make it an 8. They then must reroll any successes. Then we have two chances to reroll a dispelling attempt.

*Chef kiss*

Apparently Slaanesh hates spells more than Khorne these days.

14 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

The old DoK blood cauldron (pre-battletome) had the same command ability as the KoS, and that was changed to making a unit attack in the hero phase instead, so they could go that route.  Or, total spitballing, they could have a CA that lets one unit always strike first in the combat phase, that would be appropriately Slaaneshi.  Then again FEC basically get the KoS command ability but better on all their heroes, so really who knows how it will shake out, too much up in the air with regards to potential changes to pin anything down properly yet.

Exalted keeper has the immediate second activation. Though yeah fec is army wide command ability.

So I've always hated the chariots. I have a few, but I don't use them anymore.

Anyone have any ideas on what might change for them? I imagine they might go the way of bloodcrushers for me, where they just do less with a higher chance.

10 minutes ago, kahadin said:

So I've always hated the chariots. I have a few, but I don't use them anymore.

Anyone have any ideas on what might change for them? I imagine they might go the way of bloodcrushers for me, where they just do less with a higher chance.

I just wish they weren't literally impossible to transport without breaking...even if they had amazing rules I'd still consider not bringing them to the LGS.

This is my only gripe about the new prince/herald combo as well...looks amazing, rules actually seem good, impossible to transport.

Edited by exliontamer

15 minutes ago, Overread said:

Question, has anyone got an original Keeper of Secrets (metal or finecast) and a demon prince? I'd be interested to see and know how they compare in terms of model size. 

They are comparable in size. I'm at work right now and might be able to get a picture later. 

Here is the best size comparison photo I can find on Google right now.

Image result for keeper of secrets size

Edited by LordRogalDorn
Adding photo

So based on the kos what's we know of. Thinking what realm artifacts could be good. We could have some cool stuff we dont know in the book.

The artifacts in ghur and life that give +1 attack would be good on the impaling claws.

The -3 artifact from the relmas of metal and shadow would work on the greatblade. 

The realm of light artifact that adds 1 damage to a weapon for the great blade as well. 

Just now, Poryague said:

So based on the kos what's we know of. Thinking what realm artifacts could be good. We could have some cool stuff we dont know in the book.

The artifacts in ghur and life that give +1 attack would be good on the impaling claws.

The -3 artifact from the relmas of metal and shadow would work on the greatblade. 

The realm of light artifact that adds 1 damage to a weapon for the great blade as well. 

thermal rider cloak to make him faster and fly over chaff units. 

2 hours ago, exliontamer said:

*Chef kiss*

Apparently Slaanesh hates spells more than Khorne these days.

And is better at fighting than Khorne is as well.

Now we know why W&R was titled as such. Khorne is very upset over the two Battletomes and Slaanesh is giddy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

how would this combo work, 6+ to hit adds 2 to the damage. Would a 6 to hit from our hero have two attacks at +2 damage, or not. I know for abilities that proc off of attacks, such as gristlegore terrorgeist, a 6+ to hit is not 12 mw, but just curious.

4 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

And is better at fighting than Khorne is as well.

Now we know why W&R was titled as such. Khorne is very upset over the two Battletomes and Slaanesh is giddy.

Slightly off topic, but I wonder what the design philosophy behind Khorne compared to Slaanesh. Khorne seems super buff focussed - everything must aid one another otherwise they're kind of meh. That's fine from a game design perspective, but always felt odd compared to their lore; they don't feel much like bloodthirsty murderers. 

12 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Slightly off topic, but I wonder what the design philosophy behind Khorne compared to Slaanesh. Khorne seems super buff focussed - everything must aid one another otherwise they're kind of meh. That's fine from a game design perspective, but always felt odd compared to their lore; they don't feel much like bloodthirsty murderers. 

They got the anti magic down good. Blood tith feels like khorne. Maybe the vision of the army has some discrepancies causing friction. The stuff with slaanesh is feeling like they have a more solidified vision.

39 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I think khorne was never really khorne. It was more a foil to stormcast and a showcase of what aos was about. Now that so much time has passed I think that identity is irrelevant and now they don't know where to go with khorne. They ended up just embracing death triggers that only work in cc and are poor trades along with ways to shut down magic. Whoever wrote the new book sees that as khornes primary identity and it ended up kind of lame

Slaanesh on the other hand is fast, good in cc and manipulative of units, especially heroes. That's his fluff and that appears to be what we are getting. Hopefully it rocks.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Enoby said:

There's a definite disconnect between khorne fluff and khorne in the game. They're both well defined, but they don't really match. The fluff has khorne's followers constantly backstabbing and killing eachother for the slightest chance to get ahead. They specifically say that warriors avoid wrathmongers because they're just as likely to kill friend as foe in battle... But on the table top they all play like best buddies, stacking as tightly together as possible to get as much synergy as they can. Khorne hates magic and doesn't like cowards that fight at range, but on the tabletop the priests and judgements are some of the most ubiquitous and powerful options. 

Like you said, fine from a game perspective and an interesting army to play, but definitely disjointed. Slaanesh seems a lot better realized right now which is pretty cool. I'm excited to see what the book has in store.

Edited by Grimrock
  • Like 1