AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

Really difficult to tell with that Keeper without knowing how the weapon options work. I presume the choice is Whip, Hand or Knife but I don't think much of the whip without knowing the rest of the options the model can have. Suggests the Knife and hand have their own special rules too though. My flat out guess for the knife is that it generates D3 depravity points if it causes a wound. Curious what it's points and summoning cost will be now though considering it's damage overall didn't massively change.

3" range on the big hitting claws is really good.

I presume that Dark Temptations and Irresistible Challenge will also generate depravity points so it really feels like we're going to be swimming in them without any changes to costs or other things to spend them on.

Not so interested in terrain since most of the rolls are out. 

But let’s get some guess on what our spells do and what shelaxi does with her spear. 

Wheels are gunna be a standard you fly over and deal mortal wounds to each unit  maybe based on unit speed.

Mirror will have a chance to mesmerize units. Maybe it does more chances to reduce an enemy to strike last. 

Maybe whip face girl is a quick silver sword affect to multiple units? 

As for spear from Helbane, probably around the same attacks but more damage. Either 3 or something special to heroes she fights. 

I just thought of it we now have the ability to potentially make a first strike unit attack last end of combat. Our allegience ability happens at the end of the charge phase the mirrors the begining of combat.

Firststrike lost end of charge phase because of our allegiance ability. Forced to fight last because mirror is begining of combat now you attack last.

1 minute ago, Poryague said:

I just thought of it we now have the ability to potentially make a first strike unit attack last end of combat. Our allegience ability happens at the end of the charge phase the mirrors the begining of combat.

Firststrike lost end of charge phase because of our allegiance ability. Forced to fight last because mirror is begining of combat now you attack last.

What if the mirror is a hero? It's specifically called out as being "crewed" by two Heralds of Slaanesh!

1 minute ago, Unit1126PLL said:

What if the mirror is a hero? It's specifically called out as being "crewed" by two Heralds of Slaanesh!

Then she get two bites at the apple to force a normal unit to attack last. 25% chance to force a first strike unit to attack last.

The twins are going to be heroes. With probably look out sir so you can’t just easily shoot them off. Now the question is how many of our heralds are spell casters. Daemon prince combo is one. Twins is another. So who else?

If the KoS keeps its command ability and reroll wounds of 1, with rerolling failed hits (command trait or scenery) it does about 18 wounds on average (with a huge standard deviation).  I mean, its maximum is 40 (providing you can pile in and attack twice) from the claws if you're the luckiest person on Earth. 

Really like the DP. Means invaders will be more usable. 

1 minute ago, Enoby said:

If the KoS keeps its command ability and reroll wounds of 1, with rerolling failed hits (command trait or scenery) it does about 18 wounds on average (with a huge standard deviation).  I mean, its maximum is 40 (providing you can pile in and attack twice) from the claws if you're the luckiest person on Earth. 

Fourty? You mean twenty, surely? ... oh. Except the doubling on sixes.

oh my god.

I think that I might be right that all models will have command abilities that can affect mortal and daemons since we might be lacking new mortals. The slaanesh daemon prince command ability,  or it could just be him. I think it would be kinda cool if we could use  the beastmen range without having to take the battalion. 

AoSSlaaneshWarscrolls-Apr23-RegalAuthori

Edited by shinros

5 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Without the command trait and artifact list it's hard to say. Pretenders reroll all hits and who knows what else. That host seems to make it clear it buffs the general. Just how much can it buff him I wonder.

10 minutes ago, shinros said:

I think that I might be right that all models will have command abilities that can affect mortal and daemons since we might be lacking new mortals. The slaanesh daemon prince command ability,  or it could just be him. I think it would be kinda cool if we could use  the beastmen range without having to take the battalion. 

AoSSlaaneshWarscrolls-Apr23-RegalAuthori

The range is big enough to buff the kos general in invaders without triggering the cancel of command abilities.

Edited by Poryague
  • Like 3

I do wonder if the daemonettes will lose their natural reroll 1s. They specifically mentioned how the DP's command ability will be a big buff for them, which wouldn't be the case if they normally have that. I wonder what their banner and lesser daemon special will be changed to. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Izotzuhure said:

Everything looks sooooo good. Though, I'm thinking that the KoS might not keep its current Command Ability considering how many buffs it's indirectly getting by Allegiance Abilities and by the skills that we know so far. What do you think? 

I think that would give a place for the Exalted KOS to still exist. Seriously, this Keeper dramatically outclasses her. That said, I secretly pray that GW is competent enough to update the Exalted as a Day 1 DLC as well.

10 minutes ago, Izotzuhure said:

Everything looks sooooo good. Though, I'm thinking that the KoS might not keep its current Command Ability considering how many buffs it's indirectly getting by Allegiance Abilities and by the skills that we know so far. What do you think? 

I can see us losing it, but I feel they would have shown a major change if they did. Or maybe not. I hope the possible new command ability is good, whatever it is. Losing a double pile in would be pretty huge.