AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

10 minutes ago, Poryague said:

I cant looks like they have gotten better at blurring that stuff out. Though probably Wednesday or Thursday they will reveal it. I am more concerned of the lack of mortals followers. As the rule of 3 the other books used are not apparent at this time. Hopefully there is more to ne revealed.

Damn. I asked a photographer to decipher this for me but he also said it was blurred on purpose.

While we can't tell too much from just looking at names, "Locus of Diversion" is interesting to say the least; it sounds like a -1 to hit of some sort... but could be a lot of things. Cameo of the Dark Prince is also intriguing as 'cameo' can refer to a piece of jewelry - perhaps an artifact? 

Screenshot_20190421-190516_Facebook.jpg

Actually, just having a quick look, but the fallacious gift,  crown of dark secrets, cameo of the Dark Prince, and mask of spiteful beauty are almost certainly all artefacts (considering the symbol). Trail sniffer is something else (again, different symbol behind it), and the locus is also something else again

I think it's been confirmed. No new mortals.

User:Any chances to have Slaanesh mortals?

GW:There's no news of mortal followers of Slaanesh emerging from the realms right now, Jérémy, but we do know that we'll soon be seeing a whole lot more from a number of different tribes in Warcry...

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, shinros said:

I think it's been confirmed. No new mortals.

User:Any chances to have Slaanesh mortals?

GW:There's no news of mortal followers of Slaanesh emerging from the realms right now, Jérémy, but we do know that we'll soon be seeing a whole lot more from a number of different tribes in Warcry...

So the question is how is the book built. The othere books were built off this rule of 3 mortal, daemon, faction specific.  Right now we have no cheap casters. Even if the herald becomes a caster what about mortal stuff.  This book is gonna have to make up for the stuff its lacking some how. 

Just now, Poryague said:

So the question is how is the book built. The othere books were built off this rule of 3 mortal, daemon, faction specific.  Right now we have no cheap casters. Even if the herald becomes a caster what about mortal stuff.  This book is gonna have to make up for the stuff its lacking some how. 

Well I suspect they are going to build upon the three sub-factions with lots of fluff rules. 

I still HOPE we are getting new mortals but it isn't looking likely. I want to be wrong, I would looove to be wrong but right now GW aren't doing a good job of convincing me there's more considering their responses. 

2 minutes ago, Poryague said:

Maybe the Slaaneshi rule of 3 won't be Mortal/Daemon/Faction, but Godseeker/Pretender/Invader? 

They'll have to be very open about who qualifies for artifacts and such, or Slaanesh is getting curbstomped by its own book. Suddently no mortals beyond the lord of slaanesh and lord of slaanesh on daemonic mount gets to partake of the succulent gifts. Would be weird. 

Just now, shinros said:

Well I suspect they are going to build upon the three sub-factions with lots of fluff rules. 

I still HOPE we are getting new mortals but it isn't looking likely. I want to be wrong, I would looove to be wrong but right now GW aren't doing a good job of convincing me there's more considering their responses. 

If they add no new mortals and all we have are hellstrider, lord of slaanesh, and lord of slaanesh mounted thats all we have for slaanesh specific units. So that third slot is lacking. A work around would be a way to give a unit marked slaanesh an addition key word to unlock the third slot.

3 minutes ago, Mayple said:

Maybe the Slaaneshi rule of 3 won't be Mortal/Daemon/Faction, but Godseeker/Pretender/Invader? 

They'll have to be very open about who qualifies for artifacts and such, or Slaanesh is getting curbstomped by its own book. Suddently no mortals beyond the lord of slaanesh and lord of slaanesh on daemonic mount gets to partake of the succulent gifts. Would be weird. 

That's what I suspect will happen, it would be interesting if your rules interact with the sub-faction instead of whether they are mortal or daemon. Could make for some interesting combos if that's case. Anyway, let's speculate on rules it will help get my mind off the fact that there won't likely be any mortals. 

Just now, shinros said:

That's what I suspect will happen, it would be interesting if your rules interact with the sub-faction instead of whether they are mortal or daemon. Could make for some interesting combos if that's case. Anyway, let's speculate on rules it will help get my mind off the fact that there won't likely be any mortals. 

I would find it funny if it turns out to be the case.

"Hey, so we released a new battletome, but pretty much all the units you'll be using will be coming from slave to darkness. So. Uh. Enjoy." 

Just now, Mayple said:

I would find it funny if it turns out to be the case.

"Hey, so we released a new battletome, but pretty much all the units you'll be using will be coming from slave to darkness. So. Uh. Enjoy." 

That's the only way I could see this working in a reasonable fashion if we aren't getting any new mortals. I mean depending on the rules that will make us incredible good if mortal and daemon can synergize. Like the excess of violence command ability, imagine if you could use that of any STD unit if they are part of the same sub group? Well who knows how GW will decide to do this. 

If I was them and I saw this back lash I would make sure monday's article will show off the new mortals and some of their rules if they have made them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shinros said:

That's the only way I could see this working in a reasonable fashion if we aren't getting any new mortals. I mean depending on the rules that will make us incredible good if mortal and daemon can synergize. Like the excess of violence command ability, imagine if you could use that of any STD unit if they are part of the same sub group? Well who knows how GW will decide to do this. 

If I was them and I saw this back lash I would make sure monday's article will show off the new mortals and some of their rules if they have made them. 

For sure. I'll concede that I have enough faith in them that I do believe the allegiance stuff will be open enough that we can use it for most of our stuff. Be it Lord of Chaos on Manticore with the Slaanesh mark and such, or any of the actual slaanesh-only models. I wouldn't be too surprised if it was split between "Daemon command traits/artifacts" and "Mortals command traits/artifacts"

Nightmare scenario would be "Hedonites traits/artifacts"

Heck, to continue on your train of though, if I was them, and I hadn't actually made any new mortals, I would go into damage control mode. First post that showed up on monday would be "..And here is why Slaanesh mortals are awesome.." and then it would talk about how you can convert your own slaaneshi marauders.

Wouldn't fix a bit, but that's how I imagine that would play out. Personally I'd straight up announce that we unfortunately didn't think to design them, but that we do have plans to do so in the future, or alternatively if they actually plan on some of the warcry/slaves to darkness stuff to fill that void, say something like "..but don't worry, it will all make sense soon." 

Pure, baseless speculation though ;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mayple said:

For sure. I'll concede that I have enough faith in them that I do believe the allegiance stuff will be open enough that we can use it for most of our stuff. Be it Lord of Chaos on Manticore with the Slaanesh mark and such, or any of the actual slaanesh-only models. I wouldn't be too surprised if it was split between "Daemon command traits/artifacts" and "Mortals command traits/artifacts"

Nightmare scenario would be "Hedonites traits/artifacts"

Heck, to continue on your train of though, if I was them, and I hadn't actually made any new mortals, I would go into damage control mode. First post that showed up on monday would be "..And here is why Slaanesh mortals are awesome.." and then it would talk about how you can convert your own slaaneshi marauders.

Wouldn't fix a bit, but that's how I imagine that would play out. Personally I'd straight up announce that we unfortunately didn't think to design them, but that we do have plans to do so in the future, or alternatively if they actually plan on some of the warcry/slaves to darkness stuff to fill that void, say something like "..but don't worry, it will all make sense soon." 

Pure, baseless speculation though ;)

You've read my mind, it wouldn't surprise me if the monday article is going to be damage control mode. Right now people are quite upset in the comment page section where they confirmed we aren't getting any new mortals. I can imagine they prepped the facebook guy to point to warcry if people ask since there is most likely going to be a slaanesh dedicated warband. Yet GW don't realise that's not what people want. 

In the end I just hope our rules are good,  if it's trash that would just make this whole release suck for me personally. 

Edited by shinros

Just now, shinros said:

You've read my mind, it wouldn't surprise me if the monday article is going to be damage control mode. Right now people are quite upset in the comment page section where they confirmed we aren't getting any new mortals. I can imagine they prepped the facebook guy to point to warcry if people ask since there is most likely going to be a slaanesh dedicated warband. Yet GW don't realise that's not what people want. 

In the end I just hope our rules are good,  if it's trash that would just make this whole release suck for me personally. 

I'm sure the rules will be quite good. I'm more worried about how -limited- it will feel, if that makes sense. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mayple said:

I'm sure the rules will be quite good. I'm more worried about how -limited- it will feel, if that makes sense. 

Oh I get you, since overall STD rules are kinda...plain? I should say. Well they are in my opinion. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, shinros said:

Oh I get you, since overall STD rules are kinda...plain? I should say. Well they are in my opinion. 

That's my perspective too, yes. To be fair, not so much to the extent that I'd say they're not worth taking at all, but I certainly wouldn't want to be shoehorned into doing it as the only alternative to using daemonettes :P

• Like 1

Just now, Mayple said:

That's my perspective too, yes. To be fair, not so much to the extent that I'd say they're not worth taking at all, but I certainly wouldn't want to be shoehorned into doing it as the only alternative to using daemonettes :P

Yup, if that's the case might as well use daemonettes. Overall to me this just looks like a daemon update. 

3 minutes ago, kenshin620 said:

There have been times where battalions are Allegiance specific but have units not in the book. For example you have the DoK+SCE battalion.

Thats std and boc would be the option for that. I do hope they change the wording on the lord of slaanesh and mounted one to slaanesh not just mortal. This would make boc slaanesh buffable with those command abilites.

Well in the end honestly I did see this coming a mile away. Slaanesh was not a Herald army.

The daemons are different since it's both 40k and AoS. But AoS specific stuff is technically limited to Endless Spells+Terrain.

I wonder if I should make a topic discussing if the Malign Portent Heralds were a good idea or bad.

1 minute ago, kenshin620 said:

Well in the end honestly I did see this coming a mile away. Slaanesh was not a Herald army.

The daemons are different since it's both 40k and AoS. But AoS specific stuff is technically limited to Endless Spells+Terrain.

I wonder if I should make a topic discussing if the Malign Portent Heralds were a good idea or bad.

Malign portance and other sources of lore pointed out mortal followers and leaders of slaanesh. They came up with the idea for mortal followers but did not come through with models that kinda sucks.