AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

2 hours ago, ChaosUndivided said:

I have yet to collect Slaanesh as the crab hand lady models just kinda dont do it for me. But if they come out with mortal battleline units my dream of collecting all 4 God factions may become a reality.

You could go the route of playing slaves to darkness with slaanesh marks and take hellstriders/not-sigvald/and the lord on mount and you can make some slaanesh conversions.

45 minutes ago, carnith said:

You could go the route of playing slaves to darkness with slaanesh marks and take hellstriders/not-sigvald/and the lord on mount and you can make some slaanesh conversions.

Yeah i was considering that. I think a Witch Aelves + Daemonettes would work good but man its costly.

it would be extremely costly as you would be almost paying 90$ to make 10 models. I took a box of Khinerai and made 3 mortal heroes and lore'd them up as a Queen and her sisters for my Fallen Kingdom Slaanesh Army. The last 2 models are to go on the back of Chariots to give them a nice dynamic pose of leaping off the back to attack.

Another thing I did was use Sisters of Silence from 40k as Chosen models. I used some wood elf bits that somewhat matched their aesthetics to give them a banner and some dragon prince arms to make them fit. Gave them some different swords as a few of the models aren't made to have anything else but the giant sword they weild.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Edgecoc said:

I was thinking an army wide strike first if charged.

That sounds insanely powerful. I know there is something similar in 40k but this would be game breaking in AoS. 

A army wide strike first is better than getting to choose the turn priority every round. Your gonna basically be able to do so much damage across your enemies army that there's nothing left to strike back or hold an objective.

1 hour ago, ChaosUndivided said:

That sounds insanely powerful. I know there is something similar in 40k but this would be game breaking in AoS. 

A army wide strike first is better than getting to choose the turn priority every round. Your gonna basically be able to do so much damage across your enemies army that there's nothing left to strike back or hold an objective.

That's m ostly true. Idoneth only get strike first army wide 1 round.  We could see more manipulation of the pile in.  The kos can have 6in pile in and activation. Maybe a way to get more units that ability would work. 

47 minutes ago, Poryague said:

That's m ostly true. Idoneth only get strike first army wide 1 round.  We could see more manipulation of the pile in.  The kos can have 6in pile in and activation. Maybe a way to get more units that ability would work. 

Yeah maybe 1 turn like IDK or extended pile in range. Im thinking it will be almost similar to Khorne's "Leave None Alive". 

At start of combat phase pick 1 unit from this warhost wholly within friendly hero that unit can fight first.

Perhaps, it may work like that, I'm a fan of the idea of our chargers go first. Would make the charge devastating, but would go back to normal activations later. Either way, I doubt outside of massive point increases, we are doing pretty well for ourselves. 

Yeah i see a point hike coming. I wouldn't get too down about it tho. Khorne kinda got nerfed last book but also improved. Its wierd but the power was kinda spread around more except Reavers got the shaft and Priest became powerhouses. But overall its more balanced and units like Blood Warriors just improved.

The big difference was the terrain piece, Judgments, and the Slaughter Host you can pick from now. Slaanesh is going to get a terrain piece, endless spells, and their own host rules. So while initially it may seem like a nerf these things will more than likely balance it out. Also its still possible to see a cheap mortal chaff unit... Guess we gotta wait for Warhammer Fest to find out more.

New named kos is confirmed and article.https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/04/21/coming-next-week-slaanesh-rises/

Shalaxi Helbane

Amongst Slaanesh’s Daemons, the undisputed martial champion is Shalaxi Helbane. Created to fight and defeat rival Greater Daemons – especially those of the Blood God – Shalaxi has bested some of the most formidable adversaries in the galaxy, including, if rumour is to be believed, Skarbrand.

Just now, azmodan said:

Can anyone read what are the rules for Fane of Slaanesh?

I cant looks like they have gotten better at blurring that stuff out. Though probably Wednesday or Thursday they will reveal it. I am more concerned of the lack of mortals followers. As the rule of 3 the other books used are not apparent at this time. Hopefully there is more to ne revealed.