AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

Slaanesh player Mike Wilson just took first place at the Justice Series grand tournament in Liverpool. In all 5 of his major wins he tabled his opponents which included 2 Daughters of Khaine and 1 Flesh Eater Courts lists.

Here is the list he used: https://tabletop.to/justice-series-grand-tournament/list/michael-wilson

Here is the interview with him after the tournament: 

Edited by Bizlark
  • Like 5

https://www.belloflostsouls.net/2019/03/40k-hints-from-vigilus-three-keeper-of-secrets.html

In this article there is lore about the new kos. Granted its 40k lore but it gives us an idea of kos new equipment and the named kos. So besides the shield it look like we are getting a spear. The New named kos appears to be Leiwa’quasca. This is assuming the lore matches the game.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bizlark said:

Slaanesh player Mike Wilson just took first place at the Justice Series grand tournament in Liverpool. In all 5 of his major wins he tabled his opponents which included 2 Daughters of Khaine and 1 Flesh Eater Courts lists.

Here is the list he used: https://tabletop.to/justice-series-grand-tournament/list/michael-wilson

Here is the interview with him after the tournament: 

Cheers for putting this up about me rambling about my list, hope it gives some of you guys ideas. 

• Like 4

anyone notice how the fiends of slaanesh model cant be found on the games workshop site anymore? is this a hint towards maybe a redo when all the slaanesh things get released ina  few months?

i realize its unlikely since its  a relatively  new model.

Just a thought on the new stuff announced. I'm wondering if the new Prince and Herald kit is a two in one setup. Ergo you can model Prince and Herald or Prince (or alternate unit name) and Herald on their own. It would seem odd to have a herald there but no new plastic herald kit (esp considering that it would leave the herald as the only finecast left for Slaanesh after they've replaced both fiends and the Mask)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hamigua said:

anyone notice how the fiends of slaanesh model cant be found on the games workshop site anymore? is this a hint towards maybe a redo when all the slaanesh things get released ina  few months?

i realize its unlikely since its  a relatively  new model.

At the moment the new Fiends are only available in the Wrath and Rapture boxset. I'm sure they'll be released as a separate kit during the Slaanesh release

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TalesOfSigmar said:

At the moment the new Fiends are only available in the Wrath and Rapture boxset. I'm sure they'll be released as a separate kit during the Slaanesh release

Wrath and Rapture will also go out of sale at that point (if not sooner)  too - so if you want it get it now 

Edited by Overread

Wrath and rapture will also be a good deal for fiends assuming you can sell off the khorne half and need the daemonettes and seekers. 

For me, I had two start collectings that I used the seeker and daemonettes from so I replaced them to return to my store for credit towards new models. 

3 hours ago, Overread said:

Wrath and Rapture will also go out of sale at that point (if not sooner)  too - so if you want it get it now 

Just out of interest, what makes you say that? I bought the Blightwar box months after the big Nurgle Battletome release.

1 hour ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Just out of interest, what makes you say that? I bought the Blightwar box months after the big Nurgle Battletome release.

The duel army boxed sets are either printed in limited runs - like the Skaven/Flesheater box - or if they are produced for more than one run then GW stops production once they put the individual models up for sale. It's very likely that when they do the Slaanesh release they will put the new models up for sale much like they put the new hounds for Khorne up for sale. 

So yes in theory if the existing stock doesn't run out then the duel box will remain for sale; however both the Khorne and Slaanesh releases are pretty big deals so its likely that a lot of people will grab boxes sooner rather than later which will, eventually, dry up the stock.

Of course it can be hard to predict, but generally I prefer to predict the worst possible outcome and go from there; that way reduces disappointment. Basically if you want Wrath and Rapture, which offers you quite a saving on the contents of both armies (which can be used in the same army if you want or traded away) then I'd aim to get it sooner rather than later. 

On 3/30/2019 at 9:13 AM, kenshin620 said:

Maybe it's me but I would sort of temper your expectations on mortals. For example tzeentch didn't get too many if you think about it, especially if you don't count Tzaangors since they're gors.

Plus theres all the warcry stuff theyre making, and assumingly the everchosen stuff.

I'm not saying they won't happen but I would realistically think there would be no more than 2-3 mortal kits including heros. Theres only so many plastic to go around. (cough and don't forget Emperor's Children)

I am curious how exactly the slaanesh update looks since it is a Non-Herald army.

Disciples of Tzeentch currently have ~30 different warscrolls (not counting StD stuff that can have Tz keyword)

A Daemons only Slaanesh based on only the stuff revealed so far would be ~20 different warscrolls. (Though, even at that, that number is inflated because of all the chariot variants which are all essentially the same thing just slightly different)

This either suggests more stuff is coming, or that Slaanesh will be smaller than the other gods in terms of release size. 

What we have seen in the video n pictures is not all there is in the release - gw confirmed. But they also said everything in the release will have aos and 40k rules. So doesn’t look like there will be any mortals.

Best we can hope for based on what they said, is some slaangors along with the daemons. 

All they said was the reveals would have dual rules. So Xerxes, the twins, Dabbing Masque, new keeper, and maybe the terrain would have 40k scrolls. We don't know what else may be revealed. Remember khorne had the generic herald move to plastic and that wasn't in the khorne presentation. Khorne didn't need a whole lot as their line was mostly plastic, with pretty much now in full plastic, with maybe some exception.

Tzeentch got 6 new units for arcanites if i recall (3 tzaangor, ogroid, acolytes, and gaunt), nurgle has blight kings, lord of blights, flying blightlords, flying lord, maybe some new or updated heroes, but their mortal section is lacking, but they were always kind of elite. Khorne has 5 units for mortals and like 10 heroes that are mortals. Slaanesh currently has 1 mortal unit, and 2 heroes, one of which is metal, and the other resin. We should recieve at least like 3-4 units to choose from, and a few more heroes.

But also have to remember thus far in AoS 2.0 Non-Malign Portent Herald armies haven't really gotten many models. Slaanesh Daemons do break that rule, but only due to being usable for both 40k and AoS. Thats why I am a bit skeptical on seeing too many new mortal things.

Especially if Everchosen/Slaves to Darkness has a lot of "hey look at all the mortals you can plug into the 4 gods"

Unless they pull off a Tzaangor and the slaanesh mortals are also usable in 40k (in a weird conversion way if they need guns)

Honestly if it wasn't for the Herald thing they have been doing, I would totally on board with 5-6 new mortal kits.

So many wet blankets on this release saying no mortals you would think it was a subversive wet blanktavist movement or something. 

That said, I'm 50\50 on mortals right now. Most or all of the Slaanesh stuff was spoiled in the rumor engines. I don't remember seeing anything slaaneshy that wasn't in the demon wave. I'm going to go back and look though.

edit: Actually that skin jacket and horn could be slaanesh.

Edited by kahadin

I do feel we have a strange lack of wizards in our faction. To me it seems odd that we'll have a spell lore, but only two models in our Battletome that can actually cast. Not saying this means anything, but I hope it signals that one of the new revealed models are a wizard, or that we have an unrevealed wizard.  

12 minutes ago, Cambot1231 said:

image.png.823860f783c8942ca8977249b6297cd8.png

This could be mortal slaanesh if it hasnt been revealed to be something else.  looks like they cut off their hand and put on a metal claw

Was a rogue trader unfortunately :(

11 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

Heralds (or some of the heralds) of slaanesh may also gain wizard status again.

If I was a betting man, I'd say that this is the most likely with perhaps one more caster/hero thrown in there for sales

I wish we would get 40k version of cacophonic choir. I’ve used that spell twice in two years and it was because I faced grots. 

A roll and take mws equal to the difference would make for interesting bravery bomb style. Would also allow for some combos with the manticore lord and the artifact that hurts bravery. 

Thought I'd do a recap of my 3-2 Adepticon games on here.  Here's my list.  
Slaanesh Adepticon
Jack McMahon - Allegiance: Slaanesh - Mortal Realm: Ghyran
- Host: Pretenders
LEADERS
Allure of Slaanesh + Invigorated By Pain (120)
Infernal Enrapturess
- General
- Artefact : Hypersnare Seeds
Infernal Enrapturess (120)
UNITS
30 x Daemonettes of Slaanesh (270)
30 x Daemonettes of Slaanesh (270)
5 x Hellstriders of Slaanesh (100)
- Claw spear
- Icon of Excess
3 x Fiends of Slaanesh (180)
3 x Fiends of Slaanesh (180)
1 x Exalted Seeker Chariots of Slaanesh (140)
1 x Exalted Seeker Chariots of Slaanesh (140)

Game 1 Vs Sylvaneth @ Total Conquest (W)

My plan was to take the entire right side of the board and have a unit of 30 daemonettes hold of the left side as long as possible.  My first turn I sent 30 daemonettes up the right side and quickly stole the back right objective, controlling 3/4.  It did not look like he was going to try to recapture his objective, but the threat of sending stuff in via woods was always in my mind.  He moved toward my left objective.  With the majority of my force in the middle of the field, originally going for the back right objective, I pivoted to his next set of woods in the middle that was advancing toward my left objective.   He kept spawning 10 dryads in his backfield, so i kept the daemonette blocks on my left and far right objectives.  Most of my shooting was wasted by his healing until I switched focus to Hunters and allied Eels to slow down his damage output.  To lock his stuff in the middle and off of objectives I sent in a unit at a time to die to big trees and beetles until I won.

Game 2 Vs Beasts of Chaos @ Focal Points (W)

His list had 2 units of 6 Enlightened and the Tzeentch battalion.  He quickly took the center objective and I tried to send my fiends and shooting into enlightened so I wouldn't get tabled.  He remained on the middle objective for the majority of the fight until I could get my summoning engine to a ridiculous level.  He mainly focused on killing my enrapturesses, which were gaining me 4 depravity even if they just die without doing anything, and summon in on 6.   Whittling him down while he was killing units that just come back on my hero phase allowed me to eventually have a turn where i went from controlling 2-5 objectives due to chaining summons into his backfield.  Him being Gavespawn almost lost me the game thinking I was going to be able to capture a point a turn prior then have a little spawn hold back large chunks of damage for an additional turn.  Barely a victory.

Game 3 Vs Beasts of Chaos @ Total Commitment (L)

This list was really similar to my previous opponent but he dropped the battalion and 1 hero to max out 2 bestigor units that were 10-mans in previous list.  The sacrifice this player made for more power is obviously losing the 1-2 drop list, but mine is 13.  I think going into this game after playing a really similar list that I just beat and stole 3 objectives from in one turn made me a little cocky.  I assumed it would go similarly and that I would either a) Go first and set up my army 7-12 inches ahead in a way that allowed for great combats.  or b)Get to go second and counter attack, on top of having the chance at a double turn of summoning.  What actually happened was something completely different.  He got almost his entire army on my front line t1 (with him going first) and wiped 19 daemonettes from one units, and probably around 15 from the other, most of my fiends, chariots and some of my heroes.  On top of that I was forced to attack a single remaining bestigor with my usually useless hellstriders, killing it and losing a hidden objective for killing a unit with battleshock.  His first unit of bestigor went all in, but the second unit of bestigor charged one model onto a chariot and the rest 3.1 inches out from my daemonettes.  my daemonettes couldn't Pile into the 2nd unit of bestigors after the first attacked, but they were in combat with chariot so were able to pile in and hit daemonettes first.  (They also get bonus inch on pile-ins).   This player also had support pieces and ungor a few inches behind his attack wave, just barely preventing me from summoning over his line to attack his back line.  To have a chance I needed a few things to happen.  1) 1 on battleshock to respawn daemonettes, 2) Get lucky in shooting to get some Depravity points built up.  3) Get the double turn to allow the time to rebuild my lost forces.  Got a 1 on one unit of daemonettes and brought 6 back! --Things looking up.  Moderate shooting damage--Ok, still in miracle range.  No double turn, would soon be tabled so I asked him if he specifically had a reason he wanted to finish it out or if he'd rather have the extra hour and we called it.  This was my favorite opponent vote, because I learned so much about maneuvering during charge and pile in phases and was a great opponent.

Game 4 Vs Idoneth Deepkin @ Knife to the Heart (L)

This opponent had Namarti Corps with 2 tens of thralls and 2 tens of reavers, an assortment of isharann heroes, an akhelian king and 2 units of 6 offensive eels.  He placed the boats in the middle of the board, which also had a terrain piece already there, so I decided to shoot off to the left and right corners.   At the start, the left side looked weaker so I decided I could make it to his objective by turn 3.  My right side was left weaker so I placed my fiends on that side, thinking he would go on offense with eels to capture my objective and their increased damage wouldnt be wasted.  Most of my enrapturesses were on the left.  Turn 1 I had totally forgot about only shooting closest unit, so I sniped some reavers and thralls, which mostly just got healed back and I didn't earn any depravity.  He moved up on my left side to force the battle and dropped his eels on the right side like I thought and charged an enrapturess, setting up my chance for counter charge with fiends.  In turn 2, I won priority and my thoughts were that given the turn three strength of IDK, he would win if he won priority turn 3 so I set myself up to win the tie on the initiative roll and chose to go first.  I moved up on the left side and wiped the units in the way, but was still about an inch and a half away from getting my daemonettes in range of the objective, which was guarded by 1 isharann hero.  This meant that he would have the opportunity to win if he went first on turn 3.  I charged the eels with my fiends thinking I could take out a unit before his turn 2.  Mistake.  They got a good zap role and left 1 unit of 3 with 1 wound remaining and their combat took out a fiend in the other unit of them.  During his turn 2 he finished off the the fiends and had 1 eel remaining in one unit and 6 in the other.  His unit of 6 shot down to my daemonettes and hellstriders camping the objective while his king, the survivor of his units on the left side, went into my enrapturess and passed out buffs.  His unit of 6 eels left a few hellstriders and a handful of deamonettes remaining, but still enough to hold my objective.  Battleshock came and a 1 on my test might have been able to screen out his eels from getting to the objective in turn 3.  Rolled a 1!!!! but it was for my hellstriders.  Rolled a 6 on my daemonettes.  Going into turn 3, if I won priority I could retreat daemonettes further onto my objective and make a 3 inch charge with 25 daemonettes (with +1 charge) onto 1 isharann hero on his objective.  If he won, he could have 6 eels kill 2 daemonnettes to win.   Initiative: Rolled a 2.  Still had 33% chance because I win ties.  He got a 3 and it was over.  Really fun match.

Game 5 Vs Stormcast @ Relocation Orb (W)

20 Sequitors, judicators, Lord arcanum on gryph, 3x2 fulminators and some other support heroes.  She had the wizards to get bonus points on the objectives so I was a little worried about being blocked by sequitors and having her just jump around with wizards getting objectives.  She took first turn and I thought this is what would happen but we were a little too far apart for stormcast.  She didn't run the sequitors, because she had a charge buff on them and thought she would make it to my front line turn 1, but the charge failed.  This set me up pretty well in turn one to move my fiends toward her 2 fulminators that were on the board and have my deamonettes rip apart her judicators and sequitors.  Wow.  Takes me to game five to realize the ridiculous offensive power of 30 daemonettes even without the double attack from Keeper of Secrets.  I just imagined them being weaker than average without the 2 combats they are supposed to have, but good god they rolls more wounds rolls than hit rolls.  My shooting from enrapturesses finally came back to average mathematically with almost every shot going through, skyrocketing my depravity.  It was quickly down to her having heroes, 2 units of 2 fulminators and low model count units to clean up with deamonettes.  She made an awesome play with the gryph charger with the winds to land in an almost perfectly small spot in between my units to steal the objective once, as it counts as 20 models and I thought I was safe.  Her 4 fulminators came in behind my army and took out my general then got tied up with fiends.  She ended up calling it and I ended 3-2.  I was on track to summon the full 19 infernal enrapturesses that I brought with me this game.  That wouldve been a sight to see, haha.

Ended up getting a randomly drawn prize: Creature Caster Lady of Depravity, which is quite fitting for my army.

Adepticon was a blast.  Really liked the enrapturess spam, although with new book and witnessing daemonette power, I'm sure I'll change it up slightly in the future, but still summon them when I need range/rend/anti magic.

• Like 2