AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

Honestly I love bits and pieces of these models, but I hate almost all of them in totality. I just do not like the "new" GW aesthetic. The poses are so weak. That being said I am stoked to harvest the bits to make my own Slaaneshi goodies. That daemon price is a GREAT base for conversion. And the KoS is good for size and bulk, but will need to be heavily worked on. All in all exciting.

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

What's the chance we get new mortals, do people think?

From facebook

User:Cant wait Will we have mortal followers in the Slaneesh Battletome?

Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Only Slaanesh themselves knows that right now, Damen!

More is coming, GW never shows everything at once when it comes to new releases like this. 

I have a pet theory that Morathi is really a Daemon Prince of Slaanesh and the whole Daughters of Khaine thing is a ruse to persist the Cult of Slaanesh she had in the Old World.

Reasons:

1.  She participated in the imprisonment of Slaanesh - and then contributed directly to Her escape once Morathi understood the method used to bind Her.
  2.  She is a monster, but does not try to reveal it to other Order people - she only transforms when she loses control.
  3.  She counted daemonettes among her servants before Malekith found her.
  4.  She is using the Iron Heart of Khaine more like a weapon than a thing to be venerated.
  5.  The DoK battletome is quite open about the fact that Morathi is using the Daughters of Khaine for her own ends and doesn't actually give many craps about Khaine, save to serve her own ends.

Given a lack of rules output so far, this might spur some lore discussion. So here are some points where we can speculate:

• Do you think Slaanesh's relationship with Morathi/the Elves in general will be explored more? More than just Her relationship with the realms I mean - a special attention given to Her relationship with the elves.
  • Do you think Slaanesh's ascendancy will have any permanent effects on the realms in the vein of Nagash's gigantic magi-toilet-drill?
  • Will Slaanesh's relationship with Her brothers in the Great Game change at all? Will the power balance be upset?
Edited by Unit1126PLL
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, SigvaldtheMagnificent said:

probably a way to capture depravity points within a radius, or a summoning thing.

I was going to say...as if we needed more mobility...but it would be kind of cool to have yet another way to vomit highly mobile daemons at people.

Also, I am excited to see the rules differences between AoS and 40k. They only really mentioned the AoS battletome in the article, but I imagine many of these models will get 40k rules as well.

4 minutes ago, Lord Slyght said:

i assumed that was the terrain piece...no?

The terrain piece is only in the video. Its the giant slaanesh symbol with a kos face coming out it with gold on the base.

4bEH4io7NrS2UUe7ou07GPRkibWV6JiA2vjaQ42XEyU.png

Edited by Poryague
Add photo

49 minutes ago, Poryague said:

The terrain piece is only in the video. Its the giant slaanesh symbol with a kos face coming out it with gold on the base.

4bEH4io7NrS2UUe7ou07GPRkibWV6JiA2vjaQ42XEyU.png

Yeah, I thought the double herald piece was terrain at first too until I saw the above piece in the video. Unless we are getting two terrain pieces? That could be kinda cool I guess... Also based on the design I hope that piece from the video's sole job is to summon KoSs! ;)

3 hours ago, SigvaldtheMagnificent said:

I think there will be a leader figure for each of the 3 hosts.

The old book said Luxcious was a KoS who wanted to replace Slaanesh, so it could be the leader of the Pretenders

Syll’Esske could be for the invaders

N'kari or a mortal hero could be for the god seekers.  

That would make sense and would be cool if they go that route. 

33 minutes ago, exliontamer said:

Yeah, I thought the double herald piece was terrain at first too until I saw the above piece in the video. Unless we are getting two terrain pieces? That could be kinda cool I guess... Also based on the design I hope that piece from the video's sole job is to summon KoSs! ;)

Well we may be able to summon from it in the event you gained a bunch of depravity but you heroes died.

1 hour ago, Unit1126PLL said:

I am sad there is no release date included. 2020 anyone? :P

With the exception of SoB, GW has actually had a pretty good track record of "preview something, it shows up no later than 6 months".

Or at least in recent months anyways. For example I for sure thought Wrath and Rapture was a 2019 thing, but ended up in December. Carrion Empire also came out pretty quickly and also surprisingly came with the respective battletomes.

Heck we know the cover of the battletome already, same can't be said for Sylvaneth (who are basically confirmed) and Everchosen/Slaves to Darkness (the last herald army)

Okay so, all these new models make me want to fall to Chaos and make a Slaaneshi warband. What the best deal to get started with? I've heard you could make more chariots than advertised with the Start Collecting boxset, but like, are chariots any good? All I really know right now is I want to run a few big units of Daemonettes and that new Keeper of Secrets.

16 minutes ago, jaebird said:

Okay so, all these new models make me want to fall to Chaos and make a Slaaneshi warband. What the best deal to get started with? I've heard you could make more chariots than advertised with the Start Collecting boxset, but like, are chariots any good? All I really know right now is I want to run a few big units of Daemonettes and that new Keeper of Secrets.

If you can get someone to split wrath and rapture would be good. The start collecting box you have enough stuff to make extra foot heralds out of extra daemonette parts.  The chariots can double as heralds as well. Daemonettes and hellstrider are battleline. The basic chariot is battleline if the exalted herald chariot is the general. The start collecting is a  buy.