AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

I'll accept terrain or spells. I think if we got spells, I'd want some sort of debuff spell of maybe like... enemies who are within x of spell have some sort of debuff, maybe -charge or if they charge they must have a model end within 1/2 of it . 

I could see a run and charge spell for non-daemons.

What kind of spell lore would Slaanesh get? 

Just now, carnith said:

I'll accept terrain or spells. I think if we got spells, I'd want some sort of debuff spell of maybe like... enemies who are within x of spell have some sort of debuff, maybe -charge or if they charge they must have a model end within 1/2 of it . 

I could see a run and charge spell for non-daemons.

What kind of spell lore would Slaanesh get? 

I reckon we'd have a debuff focussed spell lore, with some stuff carried over from 40k (like delightful agonies, which provides a 5+ ward save). I think some tricky spells would be nice too - like a spell that could force a model to attack itself, or make it move. I hope we don't get a load of mortal wound focussed spells because, while they're good, they're boring (that said, a share the pain spell would be cool - if we take a wound then there's a chance that a selected enemy hero takes the wound too, and vice versa). Other than that, spell lores that allowed us to make a first turn charge would be great - an endless spell that caused mortal wounds to those using it but gave an extra d6" move would be nice. 

Reckon we'll get any extra artifacts, in the same way that Stormcast have mount traits and Kharadron have ship traits? I don't know what we could add it on, but these extra option seem pretty commonplace in new battletomes.

1 minute ago, carnith said:

I can see a artefacts of depravity, artefacts of vanity, artefacts of excess? Unless we get something weird like chariot traits or seeker traits. 

Yeah, I reckon that sounds reasonable. I think, with depravity points, there's going to be a bigger focus on our heroes - and hopefully with that, an easier way to make them perform like the egotistical maniacs they are. More artefacts and traits would be nice for that.

What did people think of the 6 nation slaanesh list?

Allegiance: Slaanesh - Host: Seekers

Mortal Realm: Chamon Leaders

Keeper Of Secrets (260) -

General - Trait: Devotee of Torment -

Artefact: Hydroxskin Cloak

Herald Of Slaanesh on Exalted Seeker Chariot (160)

Battleline

30 x Daemonettes Of Slaanesh (270)

Units

10 x Seekers Of Slaanesh (240)

Total: 1950 / 2000

Extra Command Points: 1

Seems awfully light on heroes, but certainly high on bodies. that is 189 wounds. 

Also thoughts on them going seekers and not pretenders? I can see the plan might be rush up the seekers to give daemonettes more time, but feels potentially weak if the daemonettes lose the reroll hits of 1. 

Maybe swap out the a 10 man seeker squad with 2 squads of hellstriders and geminids? 

1 hour ago, carnith said:

Battleline

Units

Seems awfully light on heroes, but certainly high on bodies. that is 189 wounds. 

Also thoughts on them going seekers and not pretenders? I can see the plan might be rush up the seekers to give daemonettes more time, but feels potentially weak if the daemonettes lose the reroll hits of 1. 

Maybe swap out the a 10 man seeker squad with 2 squads of hellstriders and geminids? 

It struck me as very strange - but interesting. I'd love to see it played, and an explanation of why they didn't use pretenders when they have so many 10+ units. I also am curious about how well the Seekers of Slaanesh did - with 30 of them, they seem to be there for a purpose but I've always felt they were a tad weak (due to low damage). 

As a guess, I feel they may have been hero light because they weren't use to depravity points so weren't comfortable building a tournament list around them. 

1 hour ago, carnith said:

Battleline

Units

It is a weird list as there is very little good damage outputs and mortal wound output so will struggle against a lot of high armour list . Also very little heroes so not a lot of opportunity to get depravity points 

Can I get your guy's opinion on a rules quirk?

If my opponent is playing undead and makes an Deathless Minion save (ignore a wound/mortal wound inflicted on a roll of 6+), does that count as us inflicting a wound but not killing the target model for purposes of generating depravity points? 

Cheers!

If they make the deathless minion or equivalent save, then we do not get Depravity as no wound actually goes through. 

Ways in the game that help Slaanesh form for depravity:

Summoning multiwound models/heroes

Healing and bringing back multiwound models.

Endless Lifeswarm unintentially helps us as its brings back daemonettes, and can heal up models. Do 3 damage to a hero and have them heal that back, well great, it means the hero has more depravity to get out of us. Also heals our heroes so we can get more out of heroes. Keeper of secrets takes a bad round of combat due to spells? Just heal him/her!

Lord Arcanums do something similar is that instead of a model dying, it heals a wound instead. Wondering the order of operations here, but you would get 1 dp from say a liberator. The model goes to die, but the lords ability goes off, it heals. Would I not gain 2 dp then cause of the other damage that has to go through to heal? Wonder how that works.

Also I have sent in a FAQ question in asking if mortal wounds caused by Slaanesh wizards grants us depravity. Would make the chaos sorc lord on manticore a decent generator with his own spells, and might help with Cacophonic Choir.

15 hours ago, Enoby said:

Does anyone know how the list performed? All I know is that NI came 4th out of 6, but they had the second highest number of victories; this doesn't tell us much, though.

It went 3/5, lost to Fyreslayers and Kroak, then won against Kroak, Nurgle and DoK.

The list was essentially a fun selection, I have 90 2004 daemonettes and 30 2004 seekers which with the FW keeper look lovely on the table.  Aside from the aesthetics the concept of the army was to put sheer weight of numbers on the board and win through objectives rather than putting dmg on the opponant.  Seekers host just adds more mobility which is the only key strength the list has, in fact the additional movement was influential in all my wins to position bodies around objectives.

Having said that as fun as the army is if I'd wanted to be really competitive I would have brought my DoK ?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, carnith said:

If they make the deathless minion or equivalent save, then we do not get Depravity as no wound actually goes through. 

Ways in the game that help Slaanesh form for depravity:

Summoning multiwound models/heroes

Healing and bringing back multiwound models.

Endless Lifeswarm unintentially helps us as its brings back daemonettes, and can heal up models. Do 3 damage to a hero and have them heal that back, well great, it means the hero has more depravity to get out of us. Also heals our heroes so we can get more out of heroes. Keeper of secrets takes a bad round of combat due to spells? Just heal him/her!

Lord Arcanums do something similar is that instead of a model dying, it heals a wound instead. Wondering the order of operations here, but you would get 1 dp from say a liberator. The model goes to die, but the lords ability goes off, it heals. Would I not gain 2 dp then cause of the other damage that has to go through to heal? Wonder how that works.

Also I have sent in a FAQ question in asking if mortal wounds caused by Slaanesh wizards grants us depravity. Would make the chaos sorc lord on manticore a decent generator with his own spells, and might help with Cacophonic Choir.

I don't see a problem with slaanesh wizards gaining depravity through the spells . The only requirement is that the character causes the damage which is satisfied.

11 hours ago, Azurious said:

It went 3/5, lost to Fyreslayers and Kroak, then won against Kroak, Nurgle and DoK.

The list was essentially a fun selection, I have 90 2004 daemonettes and 30 2004 seekers which with the FW keeper look lovely on the table.  Aside from the aesthetics the concept of the army was to put sheer weight of numbers on the board and win through objectives rather than putting dmg on the opponant.  Seekers host just adds more mobility which is the only key strength the list has, in fact the additional movement was influential in all my wins to position bodies around objectives.

Having said that as fun as the army is if I'd wanted to be really competitive I would have brought my DoK ?

Nice to hear how was facing kroak. Also did you use the seekers as blockers and disruptors to minimise where you were hit. How did I you find staying in the objectives with the seekers as you since you have to charge if their are enemy in 12. This also leads me to put units in that can't run and charge so you can always run them to stop them charging

More questions friends as I'm finding Age of Sigmar list-building to be more complicated than it looks at a glance. I got jazzed up reading that malign portents story about the seekers of slaanesh. Now I'm looking to incorporate some Darkoath into my slaanesh cavalcade.

First question, if I give a unit of chaos marauders the mark of slaanesh can I incorporate them into my slaanesh allegiance without tapping into alliance point allowances correct? As everyone should have the slaanesh keyword? The bit about marauders gaining the keyword after the unit gets setup is what's throwing me off.

Second question, do those marauders count as battleline in a slaanesh allegiance list?

Lastly, I'd love any suggestions for slaanesh-themed alternative chaos marauder models. I'm not a fan of the official ones.  I'm leaning towards some sort of conversion with flagellants and or sisters of slaughter (although sisters are kind of pricey >.<).

Cheers!

2 hours ago, PensivePanther said:

First question, if I give a unit of chaos marauders the mark of slaanesh can I incorporate them into my slaanesh allegiance without tapping into alliance point allowances correct? As everyone should have the slaanesh keyword? The bit about marauders gaining the keyword after the unit gets setup is what's throwing me off.

Yup, give them the keyword and they're Slaanesh allegiance :) (ignore what the Azyr app says - it's broken at the moment).

Lastly, I'd love any suggestions for slaanesh-themed alternative chaos marauder models. I'm not a fan of the official ones.  I'm leaning towards some sort of conversion with flagellants and or sisters of slaughter (although sisters are kind of pricey >.<).

I would suggest jazzed up Kyric acolytes, but they're a bit too big. You could try daemonette bodies with 2nd hand Sister of Slaughter heads and arms (should be cheap because they're spare parts). 

More questions friends as I'm finding Age of Sigmar list-building to be more complicated than it looks at a glance. I got jazzed up reading that malign portents story about the seekers of slaanesh. Now I'm looking to incorporate some Darkoath into my slaanesh cavalcade.

Second question, do those marauders count as battleline in a slaanesh allegiance list?

Cheers!

All models with Mark of Slaanesh become Slaanesh units.

And as long as a unit just says "Battleline" as opposed to "Battleline in Slaves to Darkness army", it will count towards your Battleline.

Do you guys think we're better with 60 or 90 daemonettes? I can't decide - it tends to mean fewer depravity points and a slower army in general, but more bodies for objectives and wounds to soak up damage. 

Edited by Enoby

21 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Do you guys think we're better with 60 or 90 daemonettes? I can't decide - it tends to mean fewer depravity points and a slower army in general, but more bodies for objectives and wounds to soak up damage. 

I've always used 60 with seekers as they are surprisingly quick and catch people out and now you can summon 20 for 18 pts it's a good option if you need more. If you are using pretenders though than I think you need 3 x30 to take advantage of it 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Tzeentchmike said:

I've always used 60 with seekers as they are surprisingly quick and catch people out and now you can summon 20 for 18 pts it's a good option if you need more. If you are using pretenders though than I think you need 3 x30 to take advantage of it 

Good points. I may consider adding another 30 for when I play pretenders - they usually pull their weight.

Has anyone found a good way to use mortals in Slaanesh? I keep trying and keep running into a wall. The best I had was mauraders with the command abilities put on them (pile in and attack twice + extra attack on a 6+). Chaos warriors and knights seem entirely pillow fisted (except on a glaive charge, but then they go back to being pillow fisted). 

23 hours ago, Tzeentchmike said:

Nice to hear how was facing kroak. Also did you use the seekers as blockers and disruptors to minimise where you were hit. How did I you find staying in the objectives with the seekers as you since you have to charge if their are enemy in 12. This also leads me to put units in that can't run and charge so you can always run them to stop them charging

Kroak was intersting, I played 2 lists, one against Jack Armstrong who was deepstriking kroak with an additional 28" range on celestial deliverance. That went horribly as expected.  Second game against kroak was against the Scots and he wasnt using the same range mods and was relying on teleporting kroak for his mobility, he failed the port turn one and as a result left himself out of range of a lot of my units but within threat range of a double turn, which I won.  The matchup itself is heavily weightedin the frogs favour but when he is working off base spell range, or only slightly increased, you can plan around it.  When his spell is essentially board wide you might as well not deploy if your playing daemons.  Ofc lens of refraction will have a major impact on this if you are running it.

I used the seekers as fast blocker units, they would wizz up the board and engage units I wanted to tie down for a few turns, I was happy to let them die so long as they clogged up opponants movement and stopped his stuff getting to bear, the daemonettes would then swarm objectives and outnumber the faster units that had claimed them first.  Seekers having to charge was an initial worry for me but I have never fought a game where the objective holding units wearnt in cc so for this event at least it was a moot point :)

The list isnt optimised at all though and there are definitly better builds, more chariots and the inclusion of hellstriders spring to mind, but it is very fun to play. Having 3 units of seekers is great fun as they are so fast it catches folks out, its just a shame they hit like a feather :)

Sorry if this has been discussed already but I didn't see it when I read through. 

Am I right in thinking that the main benefit to running Invaders would be to allow you to take Seeker Chariots as a Battleline option without having to waste a Command Trait on the Herald on Exalted Seeker Chariot who is otherwise primarily there for Depravity Point purposes? I'm not sure if I'm missing any other benefits. 

This is what i used at a tourney this weekend and came out 6 overall and 1 point last game from coming in second. Allthough i had no demon models for summon. Usually jumped in with my super buffed knights turn  1 killing 500-1000 p t 1 :)
Allegiance: Slaanesh
 - Host: Invaders
LEADERS
Lord Of Slaanesh On Daemonic Mount (140)
- General
- Command Trait : Lords of Excess 
- Artefact : Icon of Infinite Excess 
Chaos Lord On Daemonic Mount (140)
- Mark of Chaos : Slaanesh
- Slaanesh Allegiance Option : General
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (160)
- Runestaff
Chaos Sorcerer Lord On Manticore (200)
Sayl The Faithless (200)