AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

2 minutes ago, carnith said:

So far the only few games I had, my opponents concede rather early. One game they did get into combat, and shredded some blood reavers, but I never got to see them murder heroes, or go after monsters. I've like the enrapturess every game she's been in. 

Good to hear. My brother complains that Slaanesh is currently too strong (bare in mind he plays Kharadron), would you agree (considering you said your opponents conceded early on)?

well one game was my skaven opponent who badly positioned his warlord who he treated as his lynchpin. When it died, he conceded.

Game 2 was vs bloodbound and he conceded turn 2 after he spent turn 1 making each of his objectives vulnerable to a double turn, getting double turned, and I made every charge I could make, and was making use of the rules of charging units get to pile in even if not enemies are nearby which would protect my daemonettes whose front line was 7" away from hellstriders, who never got to pile in and attack, and now would protect my daemonettes. 

Daemonettes are legit straight fire, I love their update. 

4 minutes ago, carnith said:

well one game was my skaven opponent who badly positioned his warlord who he treated as his lynchpin. When it died, he conceded.

Game 2 was vs bloodbound and he conceded turn 2 after he spent turn 1 making each of his objectives vulnerable to a double turn, getting double turned, and I made every charge I could make, and was making use of the rules of charging units get to pile in even if not enemies are nearby which would protect my daemonettes whose front line was 7" away from hellstriders, who never got to pile in and attack, and now would protect my daemonettes. 

Daemonettes are legit straight fire, I love their update. 

Yeah, I've also found daemonettes absolutely amazing. I cannot think of a better battleline unit for their cost (disregarding outside buffs, like witch aleves + witchbrew). I do wonder if there will be a battilion focussed around them when we get our book, or at least some spell that sends them to the next level. 

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

How have you guys found our new stuff, especially the fiends? I have found them very good, but haven't had the chance for many games.

Fiends are very good but the -1 rend is an issue as they are very swingy against tough targets but have the potential to be amazing. 

I've been impressed with the enraptureness but I think 120 is too much. As a summoning piece though she is really good if you don't need the numbers for more daemonettes.  I think daemonettes are the best attacking battline in the game near just so consistent even against-1 to hit

2 minutes ago, Tzeentchmike said:

Fiends are very good but the -1 rend is an issue as they are very swingy against tough targets but have the potential to be amazing

Yeah, I think their damage is much scarier on paper. That said, they have proven their worth as a tar pit that hurts. I have only played them in a unit of 3 (my others aren't built or painted yet); have you tried them in larger units? If so, how were they?

Just now, Enoby said:

Yeah, I think their damage is much scarier on paper. That said, they have proven their worth as a tar pit that hurts. I have only played them in a unit of 3 (my others aren't built or painted yet); have you tried them in larger units? If so, how were they?

Ran them in a unit of 6 which were really good they take down the fighting eels so quickly even after the mortal wounds done to them 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Entombet said:

What are the sources of hit/wound debuffs in slaanesh armies and how effectievly stack them?.

The ones I remember:

Hellstriders: their banner gives a -1 to hit within 6"

Allure of Slaanesh command trait: gives a -1 to hit against the general in the combat phase

Lord of Forbidden Pleasures: gives a -1 to hit against the Chaos Lord on Boobsnek in the combat phase 

Soporific musk: gives a -1 to hit the fiends, and a -1 to wound if they have 4 or more models in the combat phase 

Disturbing beauty: gives a -1 to hit against the herald on chariot when being attacked by a hero in the combat phase

Locus of Excruciation: not a -1 to hit, but I thought it worth mentioning as it forces the opponent to reroll 6s in the combat phase against daemonettes 

Unnatural Reflexes: again, not a -1, but I thought it worth mentioning. Roll a dice at the beginning of the combat phase, all hit rolls that match that number automatically miss the Masque. 

There are other spells and artefacts available to everyone that cause a -1 to hit, but these are the ones exclusive to Slaanesh. 

18 minutes ago, Enoby said:

The ones I remember:

Hellstriders: their banner gives a -1 to hit within 6"

Allure of Slaanesh command trait: gives a -1 to hit against the general in the combat phase

Lord of Forbidden Pleasures: gives a -1 to hit against the Chaos Lord on Boobsnek in the combat phase 

Soporific musk: gives a -1 to hit the fiends, and a -1 to wound if they have 4 or more models in the combat phase 

Disturbing beauty: gives a -1 to hit against the herald on chariot when being attacked by a hero in the combat phase

Locus of Excruciation: not a -1 to hit, but I thought it worth mentioning as it forces the opponent to reroll 6s in the combat phase against daemonettes 

Unnatural Reflexes: again, not a -1, but I thought it worth mentioning. Roll a dice at the beginning of the combat phase, all hit rolls that match that number automatically miss the Masque. 

There are other spells and artefacts available to everyone that cause a -1 to hit, but these are the ones exclusive to Slaanesh. 

Thanks m8 im torn between slaanesh and grots as i want to collect more competetive army that my own and i dont want lon or dok.

1 hour ago, Entombet said:

Thanks m8 im torn between slaanesh and grots as i want to collect more competetive army that my own and i dont want lon or dok.

I would suggest waiting until Slaanesh gets a book, if you can. Grots will likely be better than Slaanesh for a short amount of time (as they get their book first), but considering how good Slaanesh is without a book I reckon Slaanesh will end up stronger. Slaanesh, at least in my experience, is a really good army to play to learn the game competitively due to how movement focussed they are, and how much of a glass canon they are (planning ahead is key).

27 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I would suggest waiting until Slaanesh gets a book, if you can. Grots will likely be better than Slaanesh for a short amount of time (as they get their book first), but considering how good Slaanesh is without a book I reckon Slaanesh will end up stronger. Slaanesh, at least in my experience, is a really good army to play to learn the game competitively due to how movement focussed they are, and how much of a glass canon they are (planning ahead is key).

They are so fragile even with debuffs?. Dok supose to be fragile too, we all know how it ended ;).

1 hour ago, Entombet said:

They are so fragile even with debuffs?. Dok supose to be fragile too, we all know how it ended ;).

Both yes and no. You can get your opponent to a point where they can do very little against you, but if they do manage to hit and wound us then we die pretty quickly. It's where the movement comes in - you have to choose where to strike, so you can focus your debuffs and ensure the opponent is helpless against you.

Agree with enoby. Slaanesh is a finesse army. You can’t sit back and hurl spells like tzeentch. You don’t want multiple small units as our army’s like larger squads. And you don’t have the natural defensiveness of nurgle. 

Our units all depend on each other, so our armies kind of end up looking more organized as we need a hero nearby to activate buffs and keep support units nearby. My army could almost look like the block infantry that the game has largely done away with, but I keep several units fully buffed. 

You have to look at the whole battle. Plan out what your army can do and how to plan to achieve this while minimalzing your losses. Can you sit back a turn and plan a more favorable charge? Or must you move every unit as far as they can go to close the distance cause otherwise your units will get demolished? Slaanesh survives longer in combat due to the debuffs they can hand out and can dish it out in return but as ebony said, every hit that does get through will hurt a lot. 

Slaanesh requires more work to do well and it makes you a better player in the long run. It helps you develop generalship that will transfer to other armies. 

My recommendations are though for slaanesh to run more daemons they mortals with the exception of hellstriders who are just wonderful. Mortals for us do not really exist as slaves just don’t do enough for us, and the tricks we can employ are just not enough though it is a source of 4+ armor for our army. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

14 hours ago, Enoby said:

Disturbing beauty: gives a -1 to hit against the herald on chariot when being attacked by a hero in the combat phase.

Damn, that's worse than I thought it was! I either didn't want to see the hero keyword or it's changed on me at some point, but on rereading it, it's still slightly better than how you've remembered it; It's not just combat-phase, but any phase. 😉

Still, I can't think of a use for it anymore now that I know the -1 to hit doesn't apply to non-hero units... So much for my anvil strategy. ☹

But hey, it frees up 160pts from my list building. Bright-sides...

Chariot is still really good. The MW capabilities of it are good on the charge, throw it into a line of 2 wound models ,like chaos warriors or liberators or even a low wound hero. Chances are you do some mw, which is never bad, then you do 20 attacks into the hero, probably knocking a few wounds off of them, and get depravity. Then since it's a chariot, large, and annoying, your enemy will just slam into them, and it's got 9 wounds, so it'll take awhile to kill, and all the mean time, you are generating depravity. It's really not that bad. I've taken them out of my list however, due to wanting to try different things, but they are still solid depravity generators and hammers.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, carnith said:

Going to hopefully get either a team 2k game in (1k a player) with my partner for Adepticon team, or me and him will end up playing each other in 1500-2k game.

What list are you thinking if running? 

Good luck :)

For 1k, the list I've been going for is 

Seekers

Keeper of Secrets

-Dimensional blade

I'm not settled on a trait. I like -1 to hit incombat, Cause I need this dude to survive to summon, but a 6" pile in so make a turn 1 charge and start slashing right away could help.

2x30 nettes

2x5 hellstriders

My partner is beasts of chaos. 

For 2k, I've thrown around this idea, since I am leaning to not doing grand tourney for adepticon so i'm less inclined to perfect my list. 

Keeper (probably same loadout)

Sorc on Manticore

Enrapturess

2 heralds

2x30 daemonettes

20 daemonettes

2x5 hellstriders

6 fiends.

The only other change would be drop the 20 nettes and upgrade keeper to exalted.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2019 at 3:07 PM, Tzeentchmike said:

I haven't as I've always ran seekers it suits me the best. The battalion is very short range and quite defensive so don't rate it too highly 

Hey Tzeentchmike, I’m going to a tournament this weekend with a mortal Slaanesh Army.   I’m trying to run basically a mortal version of your list with a couple blocks chaos warriors/chosen with great weapons instead of the Daemonettes.  I wanted to know if in your opinion it is possible to generate enough depravity to summon on the exalted keeper or is it absolutely neccessary to have her on the board to smash in first turn? Thanks!

4 hours ago, Cambot1231 said:

Hey Tzeentchmike, I’m going to a tournament this weekend with a mortal Slaanesh Army.   I’m trying to run basically a mortal version of your list with a couple blocks chaos warriors/chosen with great weapons instead of the Daemonettes.  I wanted to know if in your opinion it is possible to generate enough depravity to summon on the exalted keeper or is it absolutely neccessary to have her on the board to smash in first turn? Thanks!

It's is possible but most of the time all my depravity is being generated by the big girl herself. That said 42 pts is normally best used on other things like more daemonettes as they help you win the scenario better. Also remember That the keeper won't have an artefact or command trait when you summon her and that reduces her effectiveness quite a bit.

Your list does sound interesting would like to see how the chaos warriors get on 

9 hours ago, Cambot1231 said:

Would love to see your list. I'm working on a hybrid daemon and mortal list so good to see what you are thinking.

Totally separately, has anyone had any good ideas for making slaanesh objective markers?