AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

3 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I think you're onto something there. I really like the Greek theme, but I reckon the aelves fit into this. The Idoneth look Atlantean and a lot of DoK have Grecian themes (medusa, harpies, and the first trailer for them). A Greek army with OTT plumes, sleek armour, and something just a little off about them would be glorious.

Yup, remember this DOK trailer? Pretty straight up with the greek theme, the daemonettes look great in it.

Edited by shinros
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Waiyuren said:

I'd be keen on some advice too, as I've a doubles tournament in a few weeks, and I'm stuck in analysis paralysis about heroes.

It's 1k per teammate, and mine is taking a pretty grim Tzeentch mortal wound spam castle list so I don't have to worry about our backfield. 🤣

My two main ideas so far;

Seekers Host

Keeper of Secrets 270 
-General, Devotee of Torment, Thermal-rider Cloak

Infernal Enrapturess 120 (sits in the Daemonettes; locus+summoning node)

30 Daemonettes 270
-Full Command

5 Hellstriders 100 (babysits the keeper)
-Hellscourges, Full Command

2x5 Seekers 240 (I want these to charge to block movement and tie up artillery, so no downside 😅)

1000pts

Or;

Pretenders Host

Exalted Chariot, 160 (toolkit tank)
-General, Allure of Slaanesh, Invigorated by Pain
-Dimensional Blade (whip)

Daemon Princess 160 (support unit hunting)

The Masque 80 (hangs out with the Daemonettes for locus & area control)

Herald 60 (hides...)

30 Daemonettes 270
-Full Command

5 Hellstriders 100
-Hellscourges, Full Command

1x5 Seekers 120
-Full Command

950pts

+1CP, nothing to use it on. 😑

I like the first list there as it covers a lot of ground quickly, the one change I would suggest is drop the enraptureness for 2x heralds so you have 3 characters to summon off and maybe one on a steed to keep up with the cavalry. Also I believe the keeper is only 260pts now.

I definitely want elves in our forces who are too corrupted by Slaanesh. I love this idea so much, I basically theme my mortals around elves. My chosen are sisters of silence, but use some elf bits. My lord of chaos is a DoK Khinerai, along with similar models for exalted hero of chaos, and a lord of slaanesh, despite none of them fly, they look great with wings.

9 minutes ago, carnith said:

I definitely want elves in our forces who are too corrupted by Slaanesh. I love this idea so much, I basically theme my mortals around elves. My chosen are sisters of silence, but use some elf bits. My lord of chaos is a DoK Khinerai, along with similar models for exalted hero of chaos, and a lord of slaanesh, despite none of them fly, they look great with wings.

Well knows, how do the normal aelves feel about their gods making new ones? What of the aelves who are still trapped in slaanesh's stomach? Maybe he vomits a few out to help his forces? I do think aelves being a part of slaanesh as well will make our faction unique. The aelf chaos lord in scourge of fate was great. 

12 minutes ago, Cambot1231 said:

Are slaanesh marked chaos warriors with grand weapons really that much worse than daemonettes? Youde think with the better to wound profile and 4+ save they would be just as killy

If we compare 270 points worth of daemonettes to 270 points of warriors (15 of them):

20 daemonettes can get in (2 ranks), 10 warrior can get in (1 rank). Chaos Warriors get 20 attacks at 4/3/-1/1, whereas daemonettes get 40 attacks at (4/4/-1/1, rerolling 1s to hit), with about 12 of them generating extra attacks. The warriors would do an average of 4 damage against a 4+ save. The daemonettes would do an average of 12 damage against a 4+ save. Per point, daemonettes are much more killy. 

Edited by Enoby
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Tzeentchmike said:

I like the first list there as it covers a lot of ground quickly, the one change I would suggest is drop the enraptureness for 2x heralds so you have 3 characters to summon off and maybe one on a steed to keep up with the cavalry. Also I believe the keeper is only 260pts now.

True, I don't know why I thought it was 270...

Well I tried it out today with mixed results.

"Better Part of Valour" vs my Tzeentch teammate, who set up her castle in the middle of two objectives, while putting some Enlightened on her third. She took first turn but fluffed most of her spells, putting only a single wound on my Hellstriders, and failing to cast vs my Keeper.

My turn; I pop violence on the Keeper and leave one herald and both seeker units to claim my objectives, then throw the Herald & Daemonettes, Hellstriders, and Keeper into her acolyte screens, making the charge with the Hellstriders and the Keeper, who I jump over the first line of acolytes into an empty space she'd accidentally left right beside her Lord of Change... I whiffed all of my first attacks, took no real damage in return, then swung again knocking the LoC down to 7 wounds.

Turn 2 we roll a draw and my opponent takes priority and burns my keeper & my entire Daemonettes unit to the ground. 🤣 The Hellstriders survive, and the herald takes a wound but lives. My turn 2, I summon an Enrapturess and ping the LoC for 2 wounds, charge my Seekers into the Enlightened, and the middle objective, wipe an acolyte screen and one Enlightened, survive retaliation and burn 5 objectives... 8pts to 0, with myself and my opponent both needing to survive 3 more turns and control the last object to win. We agreed we both still had enough gas in the tank to table each other, so gambled on the roll off. 

I rolled a 6, she shook my hand and called it game.

I realised later that I forgot to add the Seeker Host speed boost to everything except the Keeper, being far to used to using Pretenders apparently. I don't think it would've made much difference though, I was just lucky I didn't take a Tzeentch bolt to the face turn one; Mortal Wounds are no fun! 😅

Edited by Waiyuren

I have a few questions regarding Slaanesh that i would love to get some feedback on.

1: The Choir of Torments - Is there a points cost for this battalion and is it legal in matched play?

2: I've seen people writing that the Enrapturess costs 120 points, but can't find it?

3: Experienced players feedback and if you want to put in the time, i would like to get a "competetive" list for 2000 points. Main reason is to get an idea around the army and build from there.

4: Chaos allies, anything in particular you think fits for Slaanesh?

3 minutes ago, MeSmashDaNoobs said:

The Choir of Torments - Is there a points cost for this battalion and is it legal in matched play?

Yes, it is legal and is 120 points :)

4 minutes ago, MeSmashDaNoobs said:

I've seen people writing that the Enrapturess costs 120 points, but can't find it?

I couldn't tell you exactly, but it is definitely in one of the Wrath and Rapture books.

4 minutes ago, MeSmashDaNoobs said:

Experienced players feedback and if you want to put in the time, i would like to get a "competetive" list for 2000 points. Main reason is to get an idea around the army and build from there.

@Tzeentchmike would be the best person to ask for that, I think. Though I can try help you too if you'd like? :)

5 minutes ago, MeSmashDaNoobs said:

Chaos allies, anything in particular you think fits for Slaanesh?

We tend to be fine on our own, but I actually quite like using a Lord of Change to nearly guarantee cogs and dispelling.  

43 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Yes, it is legal and is 120 points :)

I couldn't tell you exactly, but it is definitely in one of the Wrath and Rapture books.

@Tzeentchmike would be the best person to ask for that, I think. Though I can try help you too if you'd like? :)

We tend to be fine on our own, but I actually quite like using a Lord of Change to nearly guarantee cogs and dispelling.  

You could help me with a 1000 points list and/or 2000 points :)

i have an idea for a 1k list, you can give it some feedback!

Allegiance: Slaanesh

Leaders
The Masque Of Slaanesh (80)
Keeper Of Secrets (260)
- General
- Trait: Allure of Slaanesh 
- Artefact: Icon of Infinite Excess 

Battleline
30 x Daemonettes Of Slaanesh (270)
5 x Hellstriders Of Slaanesh (100)
- Claw spear

Units
6 x Fiends Of Slaanesh (280)

Total: 990

47 minutes ago, MeSmashDaNoobs said:

2: I've seen people writing that the Enrapturess costs 120 points, but can't find it?

The point cost is 120 (and fwiw the summon cost is 6); its official matched play profile can be found in the AoS supplement in Wrath and Rapture (it also comes with a 40k equivalent) and the unit has been added with correct points to the AoS app for phone, although last I checked the one shooting attack was incorrect on there. The web-based warscroll builder app has not been updated yet, but this is not surprising as it does not tend to get nearly as frequent updates as the phone app.

1 minute ago, MeSmashDaNoobs said:

You could help me with a 1000 points list and/or 2000 points :)

i have an idea for a 1k list, you can give it some feedback!

Allegiance: Slaanesh

Leaders
The Masque Of Slaanesh (80)
Keeper Of Secrets (260)
- General
- Trait: Allure of Slaanesh 
- Artefact: Icon of Infinite Excess 

Battleline
30 x Daemonettes Of Slaanesh (270)
5 x Hellstriders Of Slaanesh (100)
- Claw spear

Units
6 x Fiends Of Slaanesh (280)

Total: 990

To be honest, this is very similar to what I run, except I use Devotee of Torment over Allure of Slaanesh. DoT is deceptively brilliant as it lets you do some very sneaky things. 

6 minutes ago, Enoby said:

To be honest, this is very similar to what I run, except I use Devotee of Torment over Allure of Slaanesh. DoT is deceptively brilliant as it lets you do some very sneaky things. 

Yes it is quite tasty.

I really like the exalted daemon but she is quite the cost for 1k games.

How do you expand that list further to 2k games?

13 minutes ago, exliontamer said:

The point cost is 120 (and fwiw the summon cost is 6); its official matched play profile can be found in the AoS supplement in Wrath and Rapture (it also comes with a 40k equivalent) and the unit has been added with correct points to the AoS app for phone, although last I checked the one shooting attack was incorrect on there. The web-based warscroll builder app has not been updated yet, but this is not surprising as it does not tend to get nearly as frequent updates as the phone app.

Thanks dude!

21 minutes ago, MeSmashDaNoobs said:

Yes it is quite tasty.

I really like the exalted daemon but she is quite the cost for 1k games.

How do you expand that list further to 2k games?

I'd suggest swapping out the little keeper for the big keeper in 2k games. I'd also suggest 30 more daemonettes and 5 more hellstriders. After that, it's mostly up to you - I'd suggest a unit of seekers to screen, and maybe an infernal enrapturess to be a magical defence. You could even try the battalion with that, or more fiends/daemonettes.

Exalted Keeper isn't that bad at 1k, can actually be a bit much for players. A fun list you can do, is 2 hellstriders, 6 friends of Slaanesh, and the Exalted. The fiends and the Keeper will hit hard and the hellstriders can keep up with them. It lacks on objectives though. 

My 1k list that I am figuring is 

2x30 nettes

2x5 hellstriders

Keeper. 

Though I might try a similar list from up above with the fiends and the nettes.

4 hours ago, MeSmashDaNoobs said:

I have a few questions regarding Slaanesh that i would love to get some feedback on.

1: The Choir of Torments - Is there a points cost for this battalion and is it legal in matched play?

3: Experienced players feedback and if you want to put in the time, i would like to get a "competetive" list for 2000 points. Main reason is to get an idea around the army and build from there.

4: Chaos allies, anything in particular you think fits for Slaanesh?

Hi there for 2000 pts this is what I have been running.

exalted keeper dimensional blade and invigorated by pain

chaos Sorceror Lord on manticore 

chaos sorceror lord

herald on exalted chariot

2x 30 daemonettes 

2x 5 helstriders 

10 x seekers 

in the seeker hosts comes to 1940. I like it everything has got a place and a role and you summon what you need to fill the gaps. It doesn’t contain any of the new models though which are both good for their costs, fiends especially .

I've played three games now, and we've moved up to 750 points. Infernal Enrapturess has made her points back every game, and the Fiends are solid and great character hunters. Hellstriders were welcome as buffers, but their combat worthiness is questionable, so they'll be built with whips and ran as everyone else is already running them. Daemonettes are excellent, and have forced units with 10 Bravery to auto fail their Battleshock. Seekers are okay, summoned some to keep my left flank from collapsing, which enabled me to win the game. Finally, the LoSoDM shares the Hellstrider's mediocrity, but did an adequate job of murdering a mounted Knight of Shrouds and generating depravity in the last game; I think two mounted Heralds would be just as good, if not better, even with Hellish Swiftness. Speaking of, I really need a KoS, but the Infernal Enrapturess will do for vanguard games; I still need 40 more Daemonettes.

• Like 1

It may just be due to the way I've been playing and what I've been playing against, but I now have a grudging respect for Seekers; they're not flashy, but they've proven themselves almost as killy as a 10 of Daemonettes, and are way, way faster!

My one brief use of the Enrapturess made me hopeful for her too, but I summoned her in rather than having her in my starting lineup. I'm not sure which is more efficient... I might have to sit down for funsies tonight with points and DP costs, and math out which units are more efficient to deploy or summon. 🤔

4 hours ago, Gothicwaltz said:

I've played three games now, and we've moved up to 750 points. Infernal Enrapturess has made her points back every game, and the Fiends are solid and great character hunters. Hellstriders were welcome as buffers, but their combat worthiness is questionable, so they'll be built with whips and ran as everyone else is already running them. Daemonettes are excellent, and have forced units with 10 Bravery to auto fail their Battleshock. Seekers are okay, summoned some to keep my left flank from collapsing, which enabled me to win the game. Finally, the LoSoDM shares the Hellstrider's mediocrity, but did an adequate job of murdering a mounted Knight of Shrouds and generating depravity in the last game; I think two mounted Heralds would be just as good, if not better, even with Hellish Swiftness. Speaking of, I really need a KoS, but the Infernal Enrapturess will do for vanguard games; I still need 40 more Daemonettes.

Hellstriders are more for support, to make them good you need a large block of them with the Lord on Mount to give them a better chance at activating their ability for +1 attack. The weapons they use really don't matter as a 2" reach will allow them to swing over 2 lines of deamonettes so might as well go over claw spears, also in the event they can charge something, I'd rather they have the capacity to do damage. The Lord on Mount also suffers from no rend on his attacks, so taking the rend 3 artifact from a realm will help, but then he only has 3 attacks, so it's kinda pointless. A Keeper with rend 3 on their claws will make short work of any elite choice and help wrack up depravity, especially being able to go after heroes for that depravity.

33 minutes ago, Waiyuren said:

It may just be due to the way I've been playing and what I've been playing against, but I now have a grudging respect for Seekers; they're not flashy, but they've proven themselves almost as killy as a 10 of Daemonettes, and are way, way faster!

My one brief use of the Enrapturess made me hopeful for her too, but I summoned her in rather than having her in my starting lineup. I'm not sure which is more efficient... I might have to sit down for funsies tonight with points and DP costs, and math out which units are more efficient to deploy or summon. 🤔

She is definitely summon-worthy over regular heralds. Her ranged attack allows her to start generating depravity the turn she is summoned, she becomes a bit of target priority due to her gaining depravity on your turn that she is left alive, having her be summoned in to give a locus to daemonettes or fiends can be helpful, or having her summoned back on an objective to keep it safe. 

Also for summoning, I think you will mostly want heroes summoned due to their ability to get back summoning points. I feel you should build a solid list with being able to tackle anything you need to fight with reason. Your list shouldn't go without a monster hunter to begin with, so bring your fiends in the list. However the enrapturess doesn't serve her goal for 120. If you want to take a herald, take 2 regular heralds. 2 of them cost the same amount as her, provide the same buff, and when each of them die, or get into combat, they provide more opportunities to get summoning. I will say the thing the Enrapturess brings is -3 shooting. 

7 hours ago, Tzeentchmike said:

Hi there for 2000 pts this is what I have been running.

exalted keeper dimensional blade and invigorated by pain

chaos Sorceror Lord on manticore 

chaos sorceror lord

herald on exalted chariot

2x 30 daemonettes 

2x 5 helstriders 

10 x seekers 

in the seeker hosts comes to 1940. I like it everything has got a place and a role and you summon what you need to fill the gaps. It doesn’t contain any of the new models though which are both good for their costs, fiends especially .

It seems to fill the gaps but few questions comes to mind. 

Exalted chariot - just for the depravity points?

2 sorcerers but no endless spells?

What armies have you tested this list against?

44 minutes ago, carnith said:

Hellstriders are more for support, to make them good you need a large block of them with the Lord on Mount to give them a better chance at activating their ability for +1 attack. The weapons they use really don't matter as a 2" reach will allow them to swing over 2 lines of deamonettes so might as well go over claw spears, also in the event they can charge something, I'd rather they have the capacity to do damage. The Lord on Mount also suffers from no rend on his attacks, so taking the rend 3 artifact from a realm will help, but then he only has 3 attacks, so it's kinda pointless. A Keeper with rend 3 on their claws will make short work of any elite choice and help wrack up depravity, especially being able to go after heroes for that depravity.

She is definitely summon-worthy over regular heralds. Her ranged attack allows her to start generating depravity the turn she is summoned, she becomes a bit of target priority due to her gaining depravity on your turn that she is left alive, having her be summoned in to give a locus to daemonettes or fiends can be helpful, or having her summoned back on an objective to keep it safe. 

Also for summoning, I think you will mostly want heroes summoned due to their ability to get back summoning points. I feel you should build a solid list with being able to tackle anything you need to fight with reason. Your list shouldn't go without a monster hunter to begin with, so bring your fiends in the list. However the enrapturess doesn't serve her goal for 120. If you want to take a herald, take 2 regular heralds. 2 of them cost the same amount as her, provide the same buff, and when each of them die, or get into combat, they provide more opportunities to get summoning. I will say the thing the Enrapturess brings is -3 shooting. 

I like where your head is at.

You have any experience with how much depravity u should aim at? In other words

Is it worth to focus on summoning?

And how many points worth of heroes should you have minimum?

9 minutes ago, MeSmashDaNoobs said:

It seems to fill the gaps but few questions comes to mind. 

Exalted chariot - just for the depravity points?

2 sorcerers but no endless spells?

What armies have you tested this list against?

Mortal wounds on the charge against horde units is useful and another high wound hero

Both sorceror have good natural spells plus whatever realm they are in. Also 2 or 3 scenarios require wizards to score or are worth 20 models.

Played over 100 games with it so tested against a lot of people and armies best look at my Twitter for exact ones as I generally post a photo of the armies pre game

11 minutes ago, Tzeentchmike said:

Mortal wounds on the charge against horde units is useful and another high wound hero

Both sorceror have good natural spells plus whatever realm they are in. Also 2 or 3 scenarios require wizards to score or are worth 20 models.

Played over 100 games with it so tested against a lot of people and armies best look at my Twitter for exact ones as I generally post a photo of the armies pre game

Yeah that charge bonus is actually really good on hordes.

Thanks for the input!