AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

2 hours ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

I have a question and I am unsure this was answered or not in the thread.

When you do roll to run for the seekers daemons, and use at the double, do you run 6'', 6+d6'' or 12 inches?

The At The Double command ability reads:

At the Double: You can use this command ability after you make a run roll for a friendly unit that is within 6" of a friendly Hero, or 12" of a friendly Hero that is a general. If you do so, the run roll is treated as being a 6.

Seekers' ability reads:

Quicksilver Swiftness: You can roll 2D6 instead of D6 when you make a run roll for this unit. In addition, this unit can run and still charge later in the same turn.

At The Double lets you replace your "run roll" with a value of 6. To me that means the entire run roll. Normally that is D6 for most units, but for Seekers their run roll happens to involve 2D6. So in answer to your question, Seekers whom you use At The Double on will move a flat 20" (14" normal movement, plus their 6" from At The Double's replacement effect). So basically, if your 2D6 is a 5 or lower, consider using it, otherwise it gives no additional benefit beyond what it would give to any other unit in the game.

Edited by exliontamer
  • Like 1

Hello, i'm not a slaanesh player and therefore i dont now how this work, my friend and opponent is thou.

Keeper of secrets and exalted greater daemon of slaanesh have similar command abilities. 

1. Can one of them use it on the same unit more than once? (stack) 

2. Can both of them use their own ability once on a unit, to make it attack a total of 3 times in the combat phase? 

If NO on 1 or 2, I would really appreciate a detailed answer to be able to rest my case. 😀

Edited by Sauriv

12 minutes ago, Sauriv said:

Can one of them use it on the same unit more than once? (stack) 

This one is definitely a 'no' as the normal KoS says "that unit can be selected to pile in twice, instead of only once" and the Exalted Greater Daemons says  "immediately pile in and attack with its melee weapons a second time". Even if you used the ability five times on one unit, they only get to pile in and attack a second time and so it wouldn't stack.

14 minutes ago, Sauriv said:

Can both of them use their own ability once on a unit, to make it attack a total of 3 times in the combat phase? 

This has been more debated. I think it is not intended for the reasons outlined above, but others have argued that the key is the word 'selected'. The KoS allows you to be selected twice, whereas the EGDoS piles you in immediately for a second time, but you have only been selected once.  Personally I think it's bending the rules in an unintended way, but I can definitely see the argument for it  

I had the most disappointing game yesterday. 

It was 2k slaanesh vs 2k Skaven. I tried going with a more offensive Keeper of secrets with -3 rend, even though I didn't need it, seekers, and my trait was the pile in 6". He has a large battery of Warp lighting, clan rats, a block of 40 stormvermin, his grey seer, and warlord. On that side, I brought fiends, my tzaangor elightened, hellstriders and keeper. I got first turn and so I moved up as far as I could and ran the keeper, who rolled a 6, and ended up 3" away from his stormvermin, seer, and warlord. My goal was to lock in the vermin at the corner and kill off his warp lightning cannon cause I can't get depravity off of getting mortal wounded. I fail to charge with the enlightened, and I forgot the +2 to charge with seekers, so my fiends who needed a 10 inch charge, only needed an 8 on dice, and I rolled a 9, but since I forgot, I failed. 

The keeper activates and piles in toward's the gray seer. I did some pretty poor damage, as the dice did not like me. He piles in his warlord and does one wound to me. I turn around on next keeper activation and remove his warlord... and he concedes. His warlord had the Crown of... Conquest? Command? The AoE battleshock immunity artifact. I should mention he STILL had an entire round to pile in stormvermin, rats. the grey seer to attack my keeper. Then he had his entire round to do shooting, and moving up guys and surrounding my stuff, and had the potential to double turn me. 

The only upside was that despite facing a large 1 wound army, I did good depravity wise turn 1.  I brought the enrapturess, who sniped a weapon team for 3 depravity (one from her ability, and 2 from the weapon team), and my keeper got me 6 points. That could've been another enrapturess to lay down the more depravity and more shooting.

Edited by carnith
  • Like 3

Well looks like you guys have another Slaaneshi player in your ranks. Got the wrath and rapture box set and intend on getting a Slaanesh Demons start collecting box set just to give me a bit more choice. And if I can't convince someone who is more into Khorne than I would do a straight swap with that person who got a WaR box. I just have had no drive to properly play AoS until now with this release. And with the rumoured Slaanesh Battletome well I just couldn't resist. 

Edited by Zembril
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Zembril said:

Well looks like you guys have another Slaaneshi player in your ranks. Got the wrath and rapture box set and intend on getting a Slaanesh Demons start collecting box set just to give me a bit more choice. And if I can't convince someone who is more into Khorne than I would do a straight swap with that person who got a WaR box. I just have had no drive to properly play AoS until now with this release. And with the rumoured Slaanesh Battletome well I just couldn't resist. 

Welcome :) Slaanesh is a super fun army to play, but they often feel strange to play at first - they're so fast and fragile that it can feel overwhelming. Thankfully, you'll learn quickly and I reckon everyone here would be happy to give advice.

OTHER 6? I'm jealous @enoby I'm having a hard time finding another khorne player to split. It seems all of these khorne players by me now suddenly have Slaanesh players.

So I literally only have one shooting round of a game with the enrapturess. My thoughts are, if she can stay alive, she will probably make her points back in the form of pinging heroes from afar. Even at a -1 to hit, 3/3/-3/d3 is still decent, though at one shot it is a game. She did get me 3 depravity her first shooting, but I don't think that'll be the norm, maybe in smaller games she can be a neat general with the +1 hit buff generals can get to make her other shots 2/4 but I dunno. 

Im bringing her to a 3k game, but I'm playing with a lot of my collection (seekers of slaanesh still staying home). 

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Seekers
Mortal Realm: Chamon

Leaders
Exalted Greater Daemon of Slaanesh (440)
- General
- Trait: Supremely Vain 
- Artefact: Rune Blade 
Keeper Of Secrets (260)
Chaos Sorcerer Lord On Manticore (200)
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (160)
- Runestaff

Herald Of Slaanesh on Exalted Seeker Chariot (160)
Herald Of Slaanesh (60)
Herald Of Slaanesh (60)

Battleline
30 x Daemonettes Of Slaanesh (270)
15 x Hellstriders Of Slaanesh (300)
- Claw spear

Units
15 x Seekers Of Slaanesh (360) - This is actually Fiends
5 x Seekers Of Slaanesh (120) - This is actually the enrapturess

Endless Spells
Chronomantic Cogs (60)

Total: 2990 / 3000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 500
Wounds: 221

Dunno if I wanna go with 2 keepers of secrets. go defensive on the keeper of secrets cause I'm fighting 2 1.5k armies, and in times like that, I ask my opponents if I can split my army and have 2 "generals" with command traits since they get 2 generals, 2 command points a turn, and 2 artefacts before battalions, but I dunno what I would take outside of the keeper. Maybe actual seekers and another endless spell? 

2 hours ago, carnith said:

OTHER 6? I'm jealous @enoby I'm having a hard time finding another khorne player to split. It seems all of these khorne players by me now suddenly have Slaanesh players.

So I literally only have one shooting round of a game with the enrapturess. My thoughts are, if she can stay alive, she will probably make her points back in the form of pinging heroes from afar. Even at a -1 to hit, 3/3/-3/d3 is still decent, though at one shot it is a game. She did get me 3 depravity her first shooting, but I don't think that'll be the norm, maybe in smaller games she can be a neat general with the +1 hit buff generals can get to make her other shots 2/4 but I dunno. 

Im bringing her to a 3k game, but I'm playing with a lot of my collection (seekers of slaanesh still staying home). 

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Seekers
Mortal Realm: Chamon

Leaders
Exalted Greater Daemon of Slaanesh (440)
- General
- Trait: Supremely Vain 
- Artefact: Rune Blade 
Keeper Of Secrets (260)
Chaos Sorcerer Lord On Manticore (200)
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (160)
- Runestaff

Herald Of Slaanesh on Exalted Seeker Chariot (160)
Herald Of Slaanesh (60)
Herald Of Slaanesh (60)

Battleline
15 x Hellstriders Of Slaanesh (300)
- Claw spear

Units
15 x Seekers Of Slaanesh (360) - This is actually Fiends
5 x Seekers Of Slaanesh (120) - This is actually the enrapturess

Endless Spells
Chronomantic Cogs (60)

Total: 2990 / 3000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 500
Wounds: 221

Dunno if I wanna go with 2 keepers of secrets. go defensive on the keeper of secrets cause I'm fighting 2 1.5k armies, and in times like that, I ask my opponents if I can split my army and have 2 "generals" with command traits since they get 2 generals, 2 command points a turn, and 2 artefacts before battalions, but I dunno what I would take outside of the keeper. Maybe actual seekers and another endless spell? 

I had took the seekers out of my list to play around with the new fiends but I miss all the tricks that you can do with them. It’s weird looking at a 3000pts list as you have so much choice.

Best of luck Mike! What have you thought of so far? 

In other news, the AoS Discord I'm a part of for Reddit had a dude ask me what his friend could do to be a better Slaanesh player. I saw a picture of their deployment, and it was less than ideal. Fiends in the middle with a gorebeast chariot. they get picked apart by judicators. I was all like "whoa whoa whoa... what's even going on here". It also didn't help his opponent played 1k of sacrosanct stormcast.

1 hour ago, carnith said:

Best of luck Mike! What have you thought of so far? 

In other news, the AoS Discord I'm a part of for Reddit had a dude ask me what his friend could do to be a better Slaanesh player. I saw a picture of their deployment, and it was less than ideal. Fiends in the middle with a gorebeast chariot. they get picked apart by judicators. I was all like "whoa whoa whoa... what's even going on here". It also didn't help his opponent played 1k of sacrosanct stormcast.

Thanks too many lists to list at the moment. That's weird that deployment settled it we are normally quick off the blocks so very forgiven in deployment unless there is an alpha strike

I'd be keen on some advice too, as I've a doubles tournament in a few weeks, and I'm stuck in analysis paralysis about heroes.

It's 1k per teammate, and mine is taking a pretty grim Tzeentch mortal wound spam castle list so I don't have to worry about our backfield. 🤣

My two main ideas so far;

Seekers Host

Keeper of Secrets 270 
-General, Devotee of Torment, Thermal-rider Cloak

Infernal Enrapturess 120 (sits in the Daemonettes; locus+summoning node)

30 Daemonettes 270
-Full Command

5 Hellstriders 100 (babysits the keeper)
-Hellscourges, Full Command

2x5 Seekers 240 (I want these to charge to block movement and tie up artillery, so no downside 😅)

1000pts

Or;

Pretenders Host

Exalted Chariot, 160 (toolkit tank)
-General, Allure of Slaanesh, Invigorated by Pain
-Dimensional Blade (whip)

Daemon Princess 160 (support unit hunting)

The Masque 80 (hangs out with the Daemonettes for locus & area control)

Herald 60 (hides...)

30 Daemonettes 270
-Full Command

5 Hellstriders 100
-Hellscourges, Full Command

1x5 Seekers 120
-Full Command

950pts

+1CP, nothing to use it on. 😑

Edited by Waiyuren

I feel we will get maybe another herald, keeper of secrets, and maaybe a new Masque? Some new rules to go with these models, while our old herald maybe stays resin? Is the Nurgle Herald that was the original herald plastic? Or is he still in finecast? 

I'm hoping our mortals are coming this year, and t is much needed so that Slaanesh isn't just mortals or people buying STD for slaanesh and realizing STD still kinda sucks. 

I imagine then our book will be this year with all of this, and with it is probably some updated traits since pretenders is not worth it, and if Slaanesh does break free due to the necroquake, then who is going to pretend they are Slaanesh when the Prince is out and about? Spell lores for our casters, probably some new artefacts, the ones in the book are just... okay? I'd rather be taking stuff from Slaanesh than having to always play with Realm artefacts. 

Maaaybe Endless spells? Maaaaybe a terrain feature?

• Like 1

I reckon we will get endless spells, just because every other faction with a wizard released after AoS 2 has had endless spells. We may even get scenery, but I'm less certain on that.

I wonder how mortals will differentiate from daemons. Daemonettes cover pretty much everything you'd want in an offensive battleline troop, but defensive mortal troops don't really seem our style. I'd quite like mortals to be elite troops (like Tzaangors or Blood Warriors) than chaff (like Bloodreavers or Kairic Acolytes) as I can't imagine what chaff would do for us that we can't already do.  

• Like 1

Just now, Enoby said:

I reckon we will get endless spells, just because every other faction with a wizard released after AoS 2 has had endless spells. We may even get scenery, but I'm less certain on that.

I wonder how mortals will differentiate from daemons. Daemonettes cover pretty much everything you'd want in an offensive battleline troop, but defensive mortal troops don't really seem our style. I'd quite like mortals to be elite troops (like Tzaangors or Blood Warriors) than chaff (like Bloodreavers or Kairic Acolytes) as I can't imagine what chaff would do for us that we can't already do.  

I want aelves to be part of our army. I mean it would fit considering the story in AOS. (Scourge of fate is to blame for me wanting this. >_<)

1 minute ago, shinros said:

I want aelves to be part of our army. I mean it would fit considering the story in AOS. (Scourge of fate is to blame for me wanting this. >_<)

Non-human chaos would be great. Corrupted aelves would really set the army apart from the rest of Chaos Mortals, and like you said, it'd make a lot of sense. I'd quite like some archers, who could well be aelves; perhaps their arrows would debuff as if they had been coated in a toxin.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Non-human chaos would be great. Corrupted aelves would really set the army apart from the rest of Chaos Mortals, and like you said, it'd make a lot of sense. I'd quite like some archers, who could well be aelves; perhaps their arrows would debuff as if they had been coated in a toxin.

You know what you are right, I think if we had a mix of mortal and aelves it would set our army apart. I do think they will push the greekish theme though. If we look at the hellstriders and lord of slaanesh on the snake mount. The plumed helmets are making me think along those lines.  When it comes to updating factions in AOS the designers say they pick something about the current models and dial it up. I mean look at sigvald, imagine him in a plumed helmet.  

99800201010_SigvaldtheMagnificentNEW01.j

99110201139_LordofSlaaneshonDaemonicMoun

99120201016_HellstridersofSlaaneshNEW04.

Edited by shinros
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, shinros said:

You know what you are right, I think if we had a mix of mortal and aelves it would set our army apart. I do think they will push the greekish theme though. If we look at the hellstriders and lord of slaanesh on the snake mount. The plumed helmets are making me think along those lines, when it comes to new lines the designers say they pick something about the current models and dial it up. I mean look at sigvald, imagine him in a plumed helmet.  

I think you're onto something there. I really like the Greek theme, but I reckon the aelves fit into this. The Idoneth look Atlantean and a lot of DoK have Grecian themes (medusa, harpies, and the first trailer for them). A Greek army with OTT plumes, sleek armour, and something just a little off about them would be glorious.

• Like 1