AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

I feel like the slaanesh marked chaos Lord command ability is under appreciated. Allowing slaanesh slaves to darkness models to run and charge is awesome because slaves to darkness horns (1 in each unit) add one inch to both your run and charge rolls so allowing them to run and charge means they basically have a mini cogs built in

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cambot1231 said:

I feel like the slaanesh marked chaos Lord command ability is under appreciated. Allowing slaanesh slaves to darkness models to run and charge is awesome because slaves to darkness horns (1 in each unit) add one inch to both your run and charge rolls so allowing them to run and charge means they basically have a mini cogs built in

Std slaanesh are more mobile for sure. The problen is a lack of a way to make real solid killy unit even if you use the slaanesh lord on demonic mount and the lord of slaanesh on foots command abilities. It does make some fast meatwalls to run to the objective and hold it. The chaos knights can get killy at least on the charge when buffed. 

10 hours ago, Kramer said:

i'm a little less critical then @Poryague. I say go for it now. 

The reason, it's a perfect slow burn project right now. I, like you, love the idea of a mortal army that only summons daemons through their actions. I right now have a 1K army of mortals and building it up to 1,5K with some deamons on the side. The bad new is, and there I fully agree with @Poryague, we have no battletome and as a result no idea where it's going. So a lot of investments might be wasted. On the other hand, with Beast of Chaos the temporary allegiance abilities remained the core of the book. So i'm not really worried. 

As for rules and army selection. You will need some marked Slaves to darkness units and a lot of heroes to benefit from the Depravity points. The last is amazing for a conversion project! you can go all out on the heroes and it will fill a lot of points in your list. Also Hellstriders have the mortal keyword, just for reference.

My personal experience is really positive as a slow grow project. I'm playing all mortals currently with some beast of chaos allies but it's a great hobby project and is a fun army to play. Just don't expect to win everything if you limit yourself to just mortals. The daemonic side doubles down on the speed advantages and your kind of missing that. For a casual, club setting you'll do fine after some practice.

I think it's honest the few true mortal slaanesh units we have are solid it just not having the other pieces. We are getting mortal foot troops who dress as daemonetts. There will be more mortal chariots pulled by seekers. Possibly even some more mounted units. I have optimism in the direction it will go. Especially after seeing the harp.

Slaanesh in its incomplete form can catch your opponent of gaurd. Since no one was paying attention to slaanesh or playing them. Its So fun watching the dumbfounded look and dread on your opponent face when they realize what the army can do even though it's incomplete. Opponent realizes the keeper is about to go wreck 800ish points of there army and all that time killing those rank and file daemons and every single one of them is coming back next turn. Oh the expresions they make.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Poryague said:

I think it's honest the few true mortal slaanesh units we have are solid it just not having the other pieces. We are getting mortal foot troops who dress as daemonetts. There will be more mortal chariots pulled by seekers. Possibly even some more mounted units. I have optimism in the direction it will go. Especially after seeing the harp.

Is this merely conjecture, or do you know something that we don't? 🤨

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Yokai said:

Is this merely conjecture, or do you know something that we don't? 🤨

More reasonable assumbtion based off the lore and the rumor pics gw releases. For example The curve blade that looks like daemon claw is represented in a story. This would be mortals dress in fancy clothes that kinda mimic daemonettes. This has been talked about earlier in this thread. Gw has said the models and lore are highly linked as part of the design prossess. The lore for slaanesh also so far references mortals on chariots seeking slaanesh pulled by I believe seekers. These stories though short are interesting and give insight to slaanesh units and goals. They also function as hype and rumor engines for possible future units. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Poryague said:

More reasonable assumbtion based off the lore and the rumor pics gw releases. For example The curve blade that looks like daemon claw is represented in a story. This would be mortals dress in fancy clothes that kinda mimic daemonettes. This has been talked about earlier in this thread. Gw has said the models and lore are highly linked as part of the design prossess. The lore for slaanesh also so far references mortals on chariots seeking slaanesh pulled by I believe seekers. These stories though short are interesting and give insight to slaanesh units and goals. They also function as hype and rumor engines for possible future units. 

Fair enough,  but it is still speculation and nothing more. I will believe it when I see it, too early to get on the hype train still.

On 12/6/2018 at 8:32 PM, Yokai said:

Fair enough,  but it is still speculation and nothing more. I will believe it when I see it, too early to get on the hype train still.

Nah, never too early. The sooner you get on the longer you can enjoy the ride ;)  

• Haha 2

So it's not really Slaanesh, but it's for my allies I'm adding to slaanesh, I started making beastmen to go with my Slaanesh, and I decided to start with I'm mostly likely to ally in to my Daemon list, and it's Tzaangor Enlightened, I did this by taking the Melusai Bodies and adding on Scourge wings as I talked about a few pages back, and they look rather good imo. https://imgur.com/a/MGKRvJP

They are in need of heads, any suggestions? While I'd love to use the heads that came in the kit, they would look too much like melusai with wings, a hard thing to tell someone they are a conversion for. I've thought Seraphon heads, but they don't have vertical necks, which would make them harder to use. Someone else suggested Kroot, which is a maybe. 

Any Ideas?

Edited by carnith
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

Looks like we're getting a summoning boost and some type of shooting attack!

Screenshot_20181209-181103_Facebook.jpg

This is so awesome the area that I have seen summoning being lack luster is against armies with 1 wound models. That and the faq that took mortals away from us. I wounder if it will just generate depravity like a feculant gnarlmae generates contagion or maybe some totally new way for the depravity to be gemerated. The sonic weapon direct or aoe wonder wich is better idea.  So much fun speculation. 😆

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Poryague said:

This is so awesome the area that I have seen summoning being lack luster is against armies with 1 wound models. That and the faq that took mortals away from us. I wounder if it will just generate depravity like a feculant gnarlmae generates contagion or maybe some totally new way for the depravity to be gemerated. The sonic weapon direct or aoe wonder wich is better idea.  So much fun speculation. 😆

One area I would not say we are lack luster in is summoning we have the strongest summoning in the game. Maybe this is hinting as a new summoning technique if/when the book comes 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tzeentchmike said:

One area I would not say we are lack luster in is summoning we have the strongest summoning in the game. Maybe this is hinting as a new summoning technique if/when the book comes 

Not saying the summoning is week or lack luster but there are a couple holes that can slow it down. It could Also mean expect a lot of our units to die in blaze of glory. Maybe becoming even more of a glass canon.

I don't think our summoning is the strongest in the game. That goes to Seraphon or nurgle, IMO. Our main problem is we need our heroes to deal damage, yet we are not that great at accomplishing that. The Keeper is Secrets is still not worth it's cost, especially for the amount of wounds it has. Our lord on mount is wanting for weight of attacks, or rend, and while we can pull a neat trick with the lord of slaanesh, it's a 100 pt model that needs several combos to activate that frankly belong on more deserving targets. 

We will need to see what the Enrapturess does, perhaps she will generate d3 depravity points a turn? Maybe she allows 1 wound models to cause depravity on a 6 when they die, allowing when daemonettes die, you can net yourself about 5-6 points. I hope she doesn't cause us to sacrafice units to generate depravity, as that gimmick is seen in Khorne and Beasts of Chaos already.

• Like 1

If the design team was feeling less creative, then she'll dish out prayer-based arcane bolts and come pre-loaded with 10 Daemonettes that auto-summon when a certain condition is met.

Personally I hope she deals high-rend damage at range, not mortal wounds.

On 12/6/2018 at 11:32 AM, Yokai said:

Fair enough,  but it is still speculation and nothing more.

Yes and No.  Being the last of the 4 you can see what is missing and what they would fill in, based on previous releases, current direction and lore.  While I am also of the same mind to say "I'll believe it when I see it" looking at GW you see patterns by just following the trends. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, carnith said:

I don't think our summoning is the strongest in the game. That goes to Seraphon or nurgle, IMO. Our main problem is we need our heroes to deal damage, yet we are not that great at accomplishing that. The Keeper is Secrets is still not worth it's cost, especially for the amount of wounds it has. Our lord on mount is wanting for weight of attacks, or rend, and while we can pull a neat trick with the lord of slaanesh, it's a 100 pt model that needs several combos to activate that frankly belong on more deserving targets. 

We will need to see what the Enrapturess does, perhaps she will generate d3 depravity points a turn? Maybe she allows 1 wound models to cause depravity on a 6 when they die, allowing when daemonettes die, you can net yourself about 5-6 points. I hope she doesn't cause us to sacrafice units to generate depravity, as that gimmick is seen in Khorne and Beasts of Chaos already.

You haven't mentioned the exalted keeper there. Can be the killiest unit in the game with the right artefact and really decently priced after the points dropped 

2 hours ago, Tzeentchmike said:

You haven't mentioned the exalted keeper there. Can be the killiest unit in the game with the right artefact and really decently priced after the points dropped 

The keeper is interesting because its a glass cannon. Have had some people say it is undercosted. It has no special rules that are all that great. The combat stat line and command ability is the only things that makes It scary at all. It really comes down to some of the command traits and some artifacts that allow you to manipulate or change core rules to your advantage. Like devotee allowing 6in pile in an 6in activation. This allows assassination of heroes that are to close or depending on combat jump in to help a unit and activate twice against a unit that already activated so they cant retailiate that turn. 

23 minutes ago, Poryague said:

The keeper is interesting because its a glass cannon. Have had some people say it is undercosted. It has no special rules that are all that great. The combat stat line and command ability is the only things that makes It scary at all. It really comes down to some of the command traits and some artifacts that allow you to manipulate or change core rules to your advantage. Like devotee allowing 6in pile in an 6in activation. This allows assassination of heroes that are to close or depending on combat jump in to help a unit and activate twice against a unit that already activated so they cant retailiate that turn. 

It's still a 15 wound hero so quite survivable. Don't underestimate whispered temptations the ability to instant kill any hero is really powerful and not many models in the game can do that. Plus it's automatic as long as the hero is in range. I don't tend to use the 6 inch pile in as I rate the healing to much especially with a -3 scythes she can destroy anything she touches. Plus the double pile in is a unit within 18in so daemonettes piling in twice tends to leave a mess as well.

2 minutes ago, Tzeentchmike said:

It's still a 15 wound hero so quite survivable. Don't underestimate whispered temptations the ability to instant kill any hero is really powerful and not many models in the game can do that. Plus it's automatic as long as the hero is in range. I don't tend to use the 6 inch pile in as I rate the healing to much especially with a -3 scythes she can destroy anything she touches. Plus the double pile in is a unit within 18in so daemonettes piling in twice tends to leave a mess as well.

I like pretenders with 6in pile in and invigorated by pain. Also the realm of light artifact that on a 5+ gives back a command point. The command ability of the exalted and regular are strong force multipliers. Having the command points for that and run/reroll charges is useful. I like the command point route for the force multipliers and insuring certain movements happen the way I planned. The command ability is really strong offensively and is where it gets hard to point the model correctly. 

1 minute ago, Oldshrimpeyes said:

So, the Azyr app (...I know) is suggesting something odd. I just included the Depraved Drove battallion in a list and as a result it's no w suggesting I can select Gors and Ungors as battle line. Is this right or just another odd quirk of this app?

Nothing weird about that, its how it is supposed to work. The battalion is good if you want to fill out your battleline with cheap beastment battleline, benefit from the artifact and command point, and gain access to depravity point efficient units like the doombull or add a bray shaman.