AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

30 minutes ago, Gothicwaltz said:

Looks like the point value for our side of Wrath and Rapture should lean toward 500. Add the Start Collecting! box and you've almost got yourself a Vanguard force. My plan is to do this very thing.

Now you've mentioned it, the SC is very good just because of the customizability of the chariot kit, so multiple SC can give you the daemonettes and seekers, as well as one big chariot with hero, two heroes on two little chariots, two battleline chariots with two heralds on foot, two heralds on steeds, one medium chariot with herald and one small chariot with herald, or a non-hero big chariot. It must be the most customisable kits produced, which makes it perfect for a Start Collecting set as you're not left with duplicate useless heroes  if you buy it multiple times.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Now you've mentioned it, the SC is very good just because of the customizability of the chariot kit, so multiple SC can give you the daemonettes and seekers, as well as one big chariot with hero, two heroes on two little chariots, two battleline chariots with two heralds on foot, two heralds on steeds, one medium chariot with herald and one small chariot with herald, or a non-hero big chariot. It must be the most customisable kits produced, which makes it perfect for a Start Collecting set as you're not left with duplicate useless heroes  if you buy it multiple times.  

You'll find me in apt agreement. Unless the rules change drastically in W&R, I don't think I'll need more than three fiends, and the harpist doesn't inspire thoughts of multiplicity.

2 minutes ago, Primique said:

Where did you see this? Or is it an educated guess?

I'm guessing it's an educated guess. Assuming no points changes, we have seen 10 daemonettes (100 pts), 5 seekers (120 points), 3 fiends (140 points), and a new herald who looks to be a wizard (wizards tend to be 120 points). With this guess, we'd get about 480 points in the box set (but we don't know if fiends will cost more or less, and have very little idea on how much the herald will be).

• Like 1

Got a theory about that mock claw unit. In the story they reference them as "Silk-Clad courtesans." Well a courtesan is defined as a high class prostitute, mistress, and  courtesans served to convey information to visiting dignitaries, when servants could not be trusted. These are some of the definitions. This could point to a mortal female unit of slaanesh. If this follows through the unit could have a debuff on enemy units focusing on the allure and temptation aspect of slaanesh. Maybe a combat profile similar to daemonettes or witch aelfs.

• Like 1

I was wondering how people play the Masque's Infernal Choreographer ability. By this I mean do you just half move characteristic or do you half run as well; for example, if a unit with 4" move ran an additional 4, would they move 6" (2"+4") or 4" (2"+2")? I've always played it as halving the run as run adds to move, which the Masque  halves, but I don't know if the Infernal Choreographer triggers before adding the run or after. 

Screenshot_20181111-093128_WH AoS.jpg

4 minutes ago, carnith said:

What was the opposing lists? Could be a casual tournament, where no one was bringing a nagash list, or an all eel deepkin list.

Unsure of the lists specifically, but here are the armies. Seems like a small tournament.

FB_IMG_1541981590733.jpg

• Like 1

I'm at work right now so can't check, but i feel like i saw a youtube batrep a month or two ago from Soren in the build up for this tournament; He wasn't playing with the current errata or designer's commentary, so was racking up DPs from mortal wounds... 

Speaking of getting rules wrong, i played my first game of 1k on Saturday with this list:

Pretenders Host 1k

Herald on Exalted Chariot
-General, Devotee of Torment, Allure of Slaanesh.

Herald on Seeker

The Masque

Daemon Princess
-Icon of Infinite Excess

20 Daemonettes
-Full Command 

10 Daemonettes
-Full Command

5 Hellstriders
-Hellscourges, Full Command

5 Seekers
-Full Command

980pts

I played the scorched earth scenario against my daughter's Anvils of the Heldenhammer gunline; all of my heroes whiffed for 3 turns, I summoned nothing all game and finished with 4 models on the table.

We are both learning our new armies so there were heaps of forgotten rules and misplays, but she absolutely wrecked face with a turn 2 double volley, while I think i did ok baiting her crossbows with the seekers and the 10 of 'nettes. But with the chariot and prince rolling all the ones and twos, The Masque failing her charge, and me forgetting to use the icon while the daemonettes were still alive, it could've gone better for the dark prince's forces... ?

Edited by Waiyuren
Grammar
  • Like 4

Now GW are asking for opinions on the GHB 2019 changes, what changes would people like to see? I personally hope Seekers become cheaper - they don't do enough once they reach the opponent currently. I wouldn't want them to get a buff that makes them an unfun alpha strike, but they're not good enough at the moment besides at objective grabbing. I'd also really like them to be battleline; daemonettes are battline, blokes on steeds are battleline, daemonettes on chariots on steeds are battleline, but daemonettes on steeds are not battleline.    

• Like 1

For Slaanesh, we need redone Fiends and Keeper warscrolls. I'm fine with seekers not being battleline, unless Bloodcrushers, plague drones, and screamers (tzeentch cav) get battleline status. Unless those already do, cause i do not have my ghb near me, then sure. 

It's hard for things to ask for since we are so sure we'd get a book before ghb so any changes we ask for may be in a book already, If somehow we didn't get a book prior to ghb, then I'd ask for some more worthwhile artefacts, breathtaker and icon are fine, but the rest are so... bleh. Also spell lore(s)

I agree that seekers should be battleline, and a drop to 100pts would be nice. I also think hellstriders should be battleline if your general is a mortal lord, and waaay more expensive... 140 feels right; they just have so many toys. Super speed, a ward save, 2-3" reach, -1 to hit. It's madness that they are only (redacted)pts. 😅

Edited by Waiyuren
Points removal

2 hours ago, Trav said:

What slaanesh artefacts and traits are people using at the moment?

I tend to use realm artefacts (ranging from the Gryph Feather Charm, to Ignax's Scales, or the Dimensional Blade). When not using realm artefacts I use Breathtaker or the Icon of Infinite Excess. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Trav said:

What slaanesh artefacts and traits are people using at the moment?

I've had a few games now, and have had pretty good results with icon of infinite excess, devotee of torment, and allure of slaanesh.

My local meta doesn't use the realms or malign sorcery rules; nobody wants to buy two more books on top of the ghb just to play. 😅

1 hour ago, Waiyuren said:

I've had a few games now, and have had pretty good results with icon of infinite excess, devotee of torment, and allure of slaanesh.

My local meta doesn't use the realms or malign sorcery rules; nobody wants to buy two more books on top of the ghb just to play. 😅

Same here regarding using slaanesh items.

what general are you using? That setup would be great on keeper of secrets

Hi there, I am looking to start a slaanesh army (mainly daemons),  I am really interested in the tricky aspect of this army and the fact that most units are fast and can throw a lot of dices, plus it seems to me that it is a quick army  to paint. I have already planned to split Wrath and Rapture with a friend whenever the box get release. Until then what would you recommend me to get ? I know there is a SC box but I don't feel comfortable painting the chariot, is there another way ? 

Cheers,

55 minutes ago, Sigmarusvult said:

Hi there, I am looking to start a slaanesh army (mainly daemons),  I am really interested in the tricky aspect of this army and the fact that most units are fast and can throw a lot of dices, plus it seems to me that it is a quick army  to paint. I have already planned to split Wrath and Rapture with a friend whenever the box get release. Until then what would you recommend me to get ? I know there is a SC box but I don't feel comfortable painting the chariot, is there another way ? 

Cheers,

A couple of boxes of Daemonettes is never a wrong choice. You may want to pick up the SC box anyway for the mounted Heralds you can make out of the chariots.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Trav said:

Same here regarding using slaanesh items.

what general are you using? That setup would be great on keeper of secrets

I've tried it on a  couple of things actually;

Putting the traits on an exalted chariot and babysitting it with a unit of hellstriders made a ridiculous tarpit of -3 to hit in combat, while i used a daemon prince with the icon to accompany a unit of 30 daemonettes. Daemonettes generating extra attacks on a 4+ is scary. 😅

For my second game i swapped out the prince and a herald for a keeper of secrets, and gave it the traits and the chariot the icon instead. It was a far more lethal combo, but my attrition levels were also higher, so i had a scary moment where my chariot was left on a single wound and the only hero left to act as a summoning node to replenish my losses.

Both games were narrowly lost on points, but were absolute nail-biters!

What surprised me the most was that despite using mostly the same units, artifacts and traits, i ended up with two wildly different play styles.

2 hours ago, Sigmarusvult said:

Cheers,

I'm currently painting up two slaanesh chariots and honestly had the same concern... But i have to say they're actually not that hard if you do a bit of sub-assembly.

I've got the chariot chassis, steeds, and charioteers as separate parts, and was able to mostly finish base coats and washes in a few hours. ✌

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sigmarusvult said:

Cheers,

The chariot is easier to paint than it looks :) I made the mistake of painting it when assembled and it turned out fine. Also, you can stick the herald on a 25m base, which means you can use her on foot (she's a useful summon) or the base slots on to the chariot nicely. 

20181114_231558.jpg

20181114_231636.jpg

• LOVE IT! 1