AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

It's sleek and deadly and the legs are a big improvement. I also like the outfit that its wearing, makes it appear smarter than just a rank and file "beast" that its dressed for war. Also interesting to note the way they've done the chest, I'd wager (esp as its plastic) it wouldn't be too hard to modify it to either be fully male or female if you wanted, which I think is a neat option 

Just now, carnith said:

God I love it. I'm hoping a slaanesh book will offer up some warscroll revisions, cause fiends are just.. okay.

Wrath and rapture box set is up first it could have some warscroll updates in it before the book comes out. This could show us more of the direction of slaanesh.

• Like 1

What do people reckon they could add to the fiends to make them better? Obviously more rend/attacks/damage will make them better, but I think the core of their issue is they don't have a place in the army. What place do you think they could be given and could excell in? 

Perhaps some high rend monster killers would be nice, similar to scythe kurnoths (but faster and squishier).  

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

What do people reckon they could add to the fiends to make them better? Obviously more rend/attacks/damage will make them better, but I think the core of their issue is they don't have a place in the army. What place do you think they could be given and could excell in? 

Perhaps some high rend monster killers would be nice, similar to scythe kurnoths (but faster and squishier).  

Considering the size of them possibly they could be a bit more of an anvil? So can be a tough (for slaanesh) roadblock unit? Either that or fast high rend monster killers as you say. I feel like slaanesh already has enough stuff to deal with horde units at least and a fair amount of -1 rend thanks to our demonettes.

They could do more with the soporific musk debuff perhaps? Like make it an aura?

Also better to hit and wound rolls could make a lot of difference.

Edited by Lightbox
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Enoby said:

I reckon an ability should make the difference. -1 to hit or wound etc. As agree with @Lightbox it should be a fast 'tie them up' unit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kramer said:

I reckon an ability should make the difference. -1 to hit or wound etc. As agree with @Lightbox it should be a fast 'tie them up' unit. 

Yeah, a mobile debuff would be great at tying people up.

Perhaps it'd be a bit too strong, but if they made enemy units attack last (like the forest dragon used to do), it could provide some very good utility.  

• Like 1

I'd be interested in some sort of leaping ability for them. The only fliers Slaanesh has are daemon princes; if the fiend could count as flying when running or charging, i think that would give them a role separate from seekers as chaff-ignoring back-field hunters.

• Like 1

I wonder what our spells will be like. After playing 40k for a bit (Slaanesh daemons and mortals), we seem to have very good psychic powers. I wonder if we'll get similar magic to those powers, or if they'll try something totally different. 

Personally, I wish they would take the enrapturing banner debuff off of hellstriders and replace the fiends soporific musk with that -1 to hit aura rule. Hellstriders already have a cool and unique mechanic with their soul hunters rule. But I've never once built an army to take advantage of it because the basic utility of the enrapturing banner is just too good. I find I usually just make a minimal investment in a 5-man hellstrider unit and they just kind of piddle around behind the rest of my units every game. Sorry for the jumbled thoughts, I have a love-hate relationship with my hellstriders, haha!

Looking back on it, the reason I never use Hellstriders very offensively was because I guess I thought that you needed to choose between an Icon of Excess or the Enrapturing Banner (a no brainer choice). But re-reading the warscroll maybe you can have both? I dont like old warscrolls like this. My gutbusters are littered with wording loopholes like this. Makes me feel cheesy for taking multiple banners.

Anyone ever run big hellstrider units with the intention of playing off their Soul Hunters rule? Tell me about it!   

21 minutes ago, PensivePanther said:

Looking back on it, the reason I never use Hellstriders very offensively was because I guess I thought that you needed to choose between an Icon of Excess or the Enrapturing Banner (a no brainer choice). But re-reading the warscroll maybe you can have both? I dont like old warscrolls like this. My gutbusters are littered with wording loopholes like this. Makes me feel cheesy for taking multiple banners.

I think, by the rules, you can have both as you can have multiple icon bearers and they don't all have to have the same banner. However, I wouldn't bother doing so until after the battletome comes out as there's a good chance it'll be changed. 

Hellstriders, at the moment, are rubbish in combat as they get so few attacks (and the attacks they do get are pants). I'd only ever consider using them as a combat unit if they got an extra attack each, better to hit or wound, and did more on a charge (like 2 damage). 

37 minutes ago, Aaron Schmidt said:

Newbie question... when a unit benefits from the KoS’s command ability, ‘Excess of Violence’, do they attack and pile in twice once the unit is chosen for combat, or do you choose the unit twice during the combat phase?

You'd choose them to attack twice per combat phase :) so if you use it on unit 1, then you'd select it to attack, then wait until your opponent had selected, and then choose unit 1 again. That said, the exalted keeper of secrets gives an immediate pile in.  

• Like 1