AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

3 minutes ago, Rivener said:

I hope Blood Warrior points went down a LOT to compensate for their weirdly low damage.

Also, Bloodstokers now Reroll ALL to-wound, and only affect Mortals.

Their points won't go down, because they are meant to be picked as part of a specific 'slaughterhost' (new sub battalion sort of thing). They get rerolls on wounds when next to objective markers AND can run and charge in the right set-up. Their points might actually go up, not down. Perhaps they'll get a greater discount when taken in the largest possible number per unit (30 models)

Edited by kcmerc

9 minutes ago, kcmerc said:

Their points won't go down, because they are meant to be picked as part of a specific 'slaughterhost' (new sub battalion sort of thing). They get rerolls on wounds when next to objective markers AND can run and charge in the right set-up. Their points might actually go up, not down. Perhaps they'll get a greater discount when taken in the largest possible number per unit (30 models)

they are slightly better than liberators, who are now a overcosted unit in comparison to everything that is realeased now.

Making them go up in points, even with situationnal buffs like goretide, would be a very dumb move

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ledha said:

they are slightly better than liberators, who are now a overcosted unit in comparison to everything that is realeased now.

Making them go up in points, even with situationnal buffs like goretide, would be a very dumb move

Depends on the 'big picture'. We don't know all the battalions / artifacts yet. If there are battalions and artifacts that increase the value (power) of bloodwarriors, they could boost the base point cost for them. Impossible to say anything until all the info is out there and the meta is worked out.

13 minutes ago, kcmerc said:

Skarr Bloodwrath now rolls 2D6 at the end of the movement phase. He comes back on an 8+. Nerf

But now it isn't reliant on 8 models being slain, so on a slow turn you still have a chance at bringing him in.

Also, the wording changed for his attack, before you had to attack each unit with the number of attacks, now you can throw them all into one unit. Slight change but gives more flexibility.

7 minutes ago, Retro said:

But now it isn't reliant on 8 models being slain, so on a slow turn you still have a chance at bringing him in.

Also, the wording changed for his attack, before you had to attack each unit with the number of attacks, now you can throw them all into one unit. Slight change but gives more flexibility.

also you roll for it in the movement phase, so every turn, not only after his death. So if you fail the roll, he can still come back later

7 minutes ago, Retro said:

yeah it's a trade-off. 42% on the roll but no 8+ model requirement.

Exalted Deathbringer command ability gives you a battleshock immunity bubble of wholly within 18 inches, meaning you truly do not need your Bloodsecrator to be everywhere on the battlefield at once. Now you can truly split up your forces without losing power. I love it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, andysonic1 said:

Exalted Deathbringer command ability gives you a battleshock immunity bubble of wholly within 18 inches, meaning you truly do not need your Bloodsecrator to be everywhere on the battlefield at once. Now you can truly split up your forces without losing power. I love it.

Bloodsecrator doesn’t give battleshock immunity at all anymore ...

This battletome truly changes everything we know. Mostly it seems to bring the more crazy spikes down while upping the lows. I like that. Some rules that went away were fun and unique though, so that's a bit sad. Hopefully the points cost are.. uh... on point. 🙄😉

Edited by Mikeymajq

So my army 

Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster, mostly used to command ability - nerf

Insensate Rage Thirster - nerf

Wrathmongeres - nerf

Skullreapers - hmmm, not sure yet

Bloodletters - yey, no nerf they did that with wrath and rapture already :(

Bloodstoker, mostly used on my deamons - nerf

really love this new book............

Also just for fun was currently kitbashing a skullcrusher to be my Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut - nerf, so much fun

Edited by Silchas_Ruin
  • Like 2

So I'm pretty sure korghos khuls command ability is a copy paste mistake.

At the start of the charge phase, and gives reroll 1s to hit till the end of the phase. So you actually never benefit from it?

Either that or goretide have some funky rule where they attack in the charge phase.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Silchas_Ruin said:

So my army 

Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster, mostly used to command ability - nerf

Insensate Rage Thirster - nerf

Wrathmongeres - nerf

Skullreapers - hmmm, not sure yet

Bloodletters - yey, no nerf they did that with wrath and rapture already :(

Bloodstoker, mostly used on my deamons - nerf

really love this new book............

Also just for fun was currently kitbashing a skullcrusher to be my Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut - nerf, so much fun

i won't speak about the thirster because it's not my expertise

However, wrathmongers don't buff ennemy units anymore and buff khorne units much more easily. This alone is very cool. Sure, they won't make a big monster hit itself anymore, but each wrathmonger killed will create 1 MW in aoe, at least. This can do some VERY nasty damages, and make the units much easier to use and efficient against a bigger variety of units.

The skullreapers lost the two handed weapon, but gained one more attack (4 instead of 3) and hit on 3+ now. They lost the reroll wound after killing lot of ennemy models, but will reroll hits against pretty much anything. They are basically khorne blightking.

One 5-man unit with one bloodsecrator around will do 25 attacks 3+ (reroll all against 95% of the units of the game)/3+/-/1 and more than half a dozen mortal wound +2 attacks from the mutation. Add a bloodstocker (a frequent combo) and they reroll al wound rolls as well. And murderous to the last is slightly better than before.

Bloodletters are nerfed in their maximum output. However, it also mean they don't require heavy babysitting, and mortal wounds in addition of damages (and not instead of them) make them better than before in small number/unbuffed, and they don't really care of -1 to hit too.

Plus don't forget all your demons have locus of fury now.

Bloodstoker is nerfed in his demons interactions too, but reroll all wounds is incredible !

Edited by ledha
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, andysonic1 said:

except you need to spend command points....

4 hours ago, Bjornas said:

I know you didn't want to go through the batallions, but please, Skulltake batallion (skullreapers, khorgoraths, whip guy), any sign of it?

skull take 140 pts

1 stoker

2-3 skullreapers

1-2 khorgorath

0-2 bloodwarriors/bloodreavers

if the unmodified wound roll for a ranged weapon of a unit of this battalion is 6 and this unit is completly within 12'' of this battalion bloodstoker, add 1 to that weapon damage for this attack