AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

Wishiest wishlist ability: While the number of models in a unit are a multiple of 8, increase the damage of that unit by 1 for each multiple of 8 models in the unit until it is no longer a multiple of 8. 40 Bloodreavers under a Chaos Warshrine just became the number one target of the enemy. 10 Blood Warriors just became your Blood Sacrifice target.

This will never happen but makes me happy to think about.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Choombatta said:

I would hope with this release, they finally give Skullcrushers the daemon keyword they need, if not the one they deserve.🦇

Also update their charge ability to be in line with Bloodcrushers.

I hope so too, same offcourse with the Khorne Lord with Fleshhound and Khorne Lord on Juggernaut. Much like all other Chaos forces we somehow got skipped on that part, and to date I do not know why.

In general I think that if we expect the worst we might be suprised in a good way. From the top of my head, with results in mind I think these will be the nerfs: 
- In general I think we'll be the first army with hard 6's are MW, on all units.
- All Bloodthirster costs will likely go up again by 20 orso points, Khorne's better results in AoS2 have so far included Bloodthirsters.
- Bloodsecrator's aura will likely be completely within.
- Gore Pilgrims, if it stays the same, will likely go up by 20 orso points.

I also have buffs in mind but it's speculation and as above, when we don't expect it, we might be suprised in a good way. In addition I don't expect too much changes in the Battalions just yet. Overall I think some key pieces will be redesigned, Keywords will be added where needed, Blood Tithe table will change and the small buff I do hope for is that we'll have the option to be more of a horde army again. Which would imply costs of units with the 6's MW will drop.

1 minute ago, mastercrafted said:

Do you think its too much to hope that the book would have warscrolls for all the units we can take? Chaos Knights, warshrine, slaughterbrute etc...

Be nice to have it all in one place

It sure could have, but we don't know. I do not think the Slaves to Darkness units will be in the book. But I do hope the Slaughterbrute of Khorne will be in there, and other Khorne specific monsters. Though there arn't as many. 

The most sensible thing would be to expect GH's Blades of Khorne list, with added bonus; Slaughterbrute of Khorne. Which now is mentioned in Other Units for GH and I still don't know why ^^ 

24 minutes ago, Killax said:

I hope so too, same offcourse with the Khorne Lord with Fleshhound and Khorne Lord on Juggernaut. Much like all other Chaos forces we somehow got skipped on that part, and to date I do not know why.

- Bloodsecrator's aura will likely be completely within.

Might've missed something, but what would be the benefits of getting the Daemon keyword on these units?

Re the Bloodsecrator, I can see that happen too but unless they give him mobility I can't see how he'll be used much anymore. 2 Aspiring Deathbringers could be more flexible.

Also, although we've seen a few changes here and there in the game, wasn't the AoS policy to not change Warscrolls much?

3 minutes ago, Bjornas said:

Might've missed something, but what would be the benefits of getting the Daemon keyword on these units?

Re the Bloodsecrator, I can see that happen too but unless they give him mobility I can't see how he'll be used much anymore. 2 Aspiring Deathbringers could be more flexible.

Also, although we've seen a few changes here and there in the game, wasn't the AoS policy to not change Warscrolls much?

- Benifits: It allows the units to thake Daemon Weapons, profit from Bloodthirster Command Abilities, sets them in line with all other Daemon Mortal cav and generally just makes sence from a lore perspective.
- Certainly agree, my hope is that he can move and the effect become a Command Ability to deal with the completely within idea and just make it a more Khornate model allround. Plus offcourse the whole rewriting of the ability that it doesn't stack. Which GW still has to actually print in our book ;) 
- Bloodcrushers and Bloodletters changed quite a bit allready, so did Fleshhounds and Karanak. It's not massive but certainly change.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Beulettor said:

I think we will get a way to dispell Endless Spells.

Do you think it will be in our classic dispell units (hounds) ?

Our priests ? 

Or the endless something that is a Khorne Symbol ?

I bet on the last one.

I think so too, I think it's save to say that the units from Wrath and Rapture will stay the same, as the set will still be sold when the BoK book is out. I hope Karanak gets a discount but wouldn't count on it. In addition I think that those Khorne Judgements could be anything haha. 

2 hours ago, Roark said:

Stormcast are on hard 6s.

Ah yes, but they arn't a real army, just suits :P Beep boop

• Haha 2

So I’m thinking what the endless manifestations will be, the icon and skull will probably be bad news for wizards debuffing casting and dispelling endless spells, probably with some buffs back for us being near to them, and then the axe I’m unsure as to if it’ll be a generic mortal wound dealer or something else.

As for the rest I’d hope they’ll bring everything better into line with other armies, mortals on hard 6+, skullcrushers to get the charge buff and demon keywords, bloodwarriors fists to be mortals on hard 6s, and then something’s will just need sorting out like; skull reapers maybe a battleline if option, heralds in general to have command abilities and fulfil different roles rather than basically the same thing that’s just either mounted or on foot, more consistent damage for bloodthirsters (some minor secondary attacks, hoves, horns, breath weapons), slaughter brute included in the book as he now permanently has the khorne keywords and it’ll be nice to have a non hero monster as well as a batallion with him khogoraths bloodstokers maybe skyla as well

as for the subfactions I believe we’ll get the 4 named faction battalions as those maybe with some of the buffs carried over for 1 attack per model in the hero phase or d6 movement something like that

Gore-tide (general must be Korghos khul)

Skull-fiend tribe 

Bloodlords

Reapers of vengeance 

maybe one will be swapped for axes of skarbrand as that has more lore about being a mixed mortal/ demon army 

Anyway that’s my thoughts on it mainly just getting into line with other armies and then minor buffs from the named subfactions as well as improved bloodtithe system where we keep any leftover tithes and remove the cap of 8 

I feel like im in an abusive relationship with gw. They tear me down with all the nerfs lately, then tell me im amazing and that they love me with all these new models but theyre just effectively bringing me back to where the army used to be and just for me to spend more money, lol.

Edited by phizzco
  • Like 1

Yeah thats Warhammer life in a nutshell. But then again this is also why I don't get my hopes up too high. Overall I think the Khorne army could become just fine if the updates we saw elsewhere also would go hand in hand with cost reductions on units.

I do believe that the Bloodthirsters as a result might go up in costs a little, but I'm okay with that too. The only real reason why this could occur isn't because of our own Artefact list, but the realm's do have better stuff for bigger models as we do.

What would get me dissapointed is if GW doesn't put a little more effort into the book as they did for Bloodbound to Blades of Khorne. I hope we will finally see the correct wording on a Bloodsecrator ;) or have it change in such a manner that it's clear to see what GW wants to do with it. Considering that model, I hope it will be able to move and I wouldn't mind it if the effect of the banner would become a Command Ability while the effect becomes completely within.

But we'll see! Biggest thing I want to see asap is Fleshhound boxes. Unless their costs go up in the next book (which I doubt) it's essentially light cav which I really like. 

Edited by Killax

3 hours ago, Oreaper84 said:

Is it just me or does the Axe "endless prayer" look like its cutting through a spell. Maybe this runs around and removes endless spells it touches?....#wishlist

I think it’s meant to be a reality splitting axe chopping through reality from Realm of Khorne to whatever realm the battle is in. It reminds me of a ‘comedy’ Shepard’s crook coming from off stage to pull a bad actor off - only there is a bloodthirster on the other side saying lol killz 

• Haha 1

I'm pretty sure we'll get a way to dispel endless spells. Its been one of those things that hasn't been a big deal yet but as endless spells continue to get pushed out I could see it getting to a point that an army will need a way to remove them in order to be competitive.

I'd like to see allegiance abilities that give mortal Khorne armies greater mobility, whether it's an across-the-board run and charge buff, or Command Abilities to let more units move or fight in the Hero Phase, even if it's a once-a-game effect.  Our whole thing is the Combat Phase--if we can get there faster, or annex other phases into it, Khorne wins!

(This is my totally unbiased and not game-imbalancing-at-all opinion 😄)

Edited by Zamik