AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

3 hours ago, chord said:

Why are they changing base sizes when they are putting a different base in the box

This is hilariously stupid... Would I get barred at a tourney for having the old base?

Edited by phizzco

14 minutes ago, kenshin620 said:

Well to me the entire Everchosen book always felt a little weird, being more of a supplement than an actual battletome (heck it only has 3 units in it!). It is sort of strange to use battalions not in the normal faction book!

My frustration is that the Warband was the only battalion we had that was somewhat flexible, and it was my favourite. All you needed was a mortal hero and 8 mortal Khorne units. It gave us a good option for a 1 or 2 drop army. In the wake of our recent... changes, and their negative implications for flexibility, it's a not-insignificant blow (for me anyway).

Oh well. Next...

44 minutes ago, Roark said:

Damn. Bloodmarked Warband would seem to be dead now. The cost of Everchosen battalions, and the cost of units contained therein, go towards Allies points...

?

And unless you’re using Fists of the Everchosen from Firestorm and Grand Alliance Chaos it doesn’t help much... (it does add 2 to bravery and rerolls to charges when within 6” of a hero.)

Also I didn't see anywhere a change to the command ability of the aspiring deathbringer with gore hammer. So we can just spam his ability as many times as we have command points and have +x atk on 6" units? 

It's weird because I had the feeling this was the kind of ability they would change with this faq. Maybe I just missed it? 

38 minutes ago, Hystarion said:

Also I didn't see anywhere a change to the command ability of the aspiring deathbringer with gore hammer. So we can just spam his ability as many times as we have command points and have +x atk on 6" units? 

It's weird because I had the feeling this was the kind of ability they would change with this faq. Maybe I just missed it? 

It seems that way huh. The Juggerlord's ability was very specifically limited to one benefit per unit. I'm thinking about a list with two Deathbringers and two Khornemowers. Daemonblades tend to do very well with 6 attacks each haha. Not great magical defence up in here though...

Allegiance: Khorne

Leaders
Lord Of Khorne On Juggernaut (140)
- General
- Trait: Violent Urgency 
- Artefact: The Blade of Endless Bloodshed 
Bloodsecrator (140)
Bloodstoker (80)
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy
Aspiring Deathbringer (80)
- Bloodaxe and Wrath Hammer
Aspiring Deathbringer (80)
- Bloodaxe and Wrath Hammer

Battleline
3 x Mighty Skullcrushers (140)
- Bloodglaives
3 x Mighty Skullcrushers (140)
- Bloodglaives
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Meatripper Axes
30 x Bloodletters (320)

Units
5 x Skullreapers (170)
- Daemonblades
- 1x Soultearers
5 x Skullreapers (170)
- Daemonblades
- 1x Soultearers
1 x Chaos Warshrine (160)
- Mark of Chaos: Khorne
- Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 176

Edited by Roark

None of the basing regs really matter, I doubt any tournaments will enforce it over what the model was sold with. Doubtful GW heats will want that argument.

Hopeful the karanak and flesh hound change is due to new daemon model release for 40k/AoS in near future.  :)

• Like 2

had my first game last night with scans of the ghb'18 and new core rules off of the app. It was pretty fun! We played the scenario with the teleporting objective, and due to some lucky bounces I was pretty far ahead on vps by the end of turn 2.

the 40 marauders survived the attentions of 2 units of paladins until turn 3, and the chaos knight's horses deleted a unit of persecutors.

I did get to summon 15 blood letters on my turn 3, just with normal blood tithe generation, making the charge thanks to command point rerolls. They then did nothing in combat!

if I were to play again, id find the points for a second aspiring deathbringer, as mine died after only using his ability once. That, and 10 std warriors with halberd's outperformed my blood warriors, so I might be swapping points about in my battleleine.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, medivouk said:

That, and 10 std warriors with halberd's outperformed my blood warriors, so I might be swapping points about in my battleleine.

I'm not surprised to hear that, this edition in mortal armies I see Blood Warriors falling away, for the cost they don't hit hard enough and they don't tank damage either.

I think Bloodreavers and Chaos Warriors will replace them depending on whether you want survivibility due to numbers or the mortal wound save + shield.

10 hours ago, TheAdequateWargamer said:

And @Xasz bloodfactory looks like a no go. P6 in the core rules designers commentry (allegience abilities)

Yeah, Khorne is officially dead now. You could still run the list without Bloodmarked Warband but you would face the same issues every Khorne list does with Blood Tithe and summoning (as outlined a couple pages ago)

I tried to stay somewhat positive/neutral and find a way to make all this work in a fun way but there is actually no point in playing Khorne except for the sake of it.

The last couple days I thought about a Brass Stampede list. The increase in mandatory units and battalions does hurt this concept as well and it was always a rather specific setup. It's not the saviour.

To make sure everyone knows what we are talking about

Q: The rules say that a warscroll battalion can include allies and that they don’t count against the number of allies in the army. Does this rule only apply to battalions that share the same allegiance as the army, but that have units from two different factions (a battalion in a Daughters of Khaine army that has Daughters of Khaine and Stormcast Eternals units, for example)?

A: Yes. The faction a warscroll battalion belongs to is shown on its warscroll, above the title of the battalion. In addition, the battalion is assumed to belong to the Grand Alliance that its faction is a part of. Warscroll battalions that share the same allegiance as an army can always be taken as part of the army, and if they include any allied units, these units do not count against the limits on the number of allies the army can have (or against the points limit that can be spent on allies in a Pitched Battle). An army can include a warscroll battalion of a different allegiance to the rest of the army, but if it does so the units in it do count against the limits on the number of allies the army can have (and the points for the battalion and the units in it count against the points limit that can be spent on allies in a Pitched Battle).

Meaning, Bloodmarked Warband and all its units (even if sharing a keyword with the armies allegiance) now go right to our ally-pool and therefore cannot be integrated into any Khorne-list. Maybe they forgot to add, that units from the same allegiance as the army never count as allies but that's more wishful thinking than actual hope. (funny enough, Fatesworn Warband is now dead as well)

@TheOtherJosh

Q: If I have two different warscrolls for the same unit, can I choose which to use, or must I use the most recently published version? Do I have to use any errata that applies to the warscroll?

A: You must use the most recently published warscroll and must use the most recently published errata that you or your opponent have available. Warscrolls with a date of publication are always considered to have been published more recently than a warscroll that doesn’t have one. If you have two warscrolls for a unit and neither has a date of publication, you can choose which warscroll to use.

:D

• Like 1

It seems like Khorne has gotten it pretty bad this edition, but has it seen any meaningful improvements? I've got a mortal Khorne army that I've not taken out the cupboard for ages, and it looks like it may stay there for another edition :(

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Charles said:

Can anyone else read the Khorne Erata on their phones? When I select it the text is all blurry like a bad scan. I don’t have the problem with the other files. Anyone else experienced this? 

Maby you have your phone setting on blurring out hurtful information.

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

I've heard a lot of people say that you can't use the Khorne Everchosen battalion in Blades of Khorne anymore, but I couldn't find mention of this in the FAQs. Could someone please tell me where abouts it says you can't? 

1 minute ago, Enoby said:

I've heard a lot of people say that you can't use the Khorne Everchosen battalion in Blades of Khorne anymore, but I couldn't find mention of this in the FAQs. Could someone please tell me where abouts it says you can't? 

Look at my post above.

It's in the designer's commentary, page 6.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Xasz said:

Look at my post above.

It's in the designer's commentary, page 6.

Lets make a mail regarding this stuff. I had plans anyway to do it and was basically awaiting this errata. Now that we have it we can ask some concrete questions "again".

But this still has me laughing. What the actual?

image.png.be580c0491104f37cc0d04c877fdca22.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

It seems like Khorne has gotten it pretty bad this edition, but has it seen any meaningful improvements? I've got a mortal Khorne army that I've not taken out the cupboard for ages, and it looks like it may stay there for another edition :(

- Spells can be unbound at 30"

- Look out, sir! (non-monster heroes are -1 to hit within 3" of 3 of their bros)

- No shooting out of combat (ie: if someone is in combat with the shooting unit, they can't shoot across the field at another unit)

- Mighty Lord is 120pts, Chaos Warshrine is 160pts

- can spend Blood Tithe to summon Daemons.

- Skarr Bloodwrath can resurrect for free.

Edited by Roark
  • Like 2