AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

On 6/30/2021 at 12:58 PM, Oldhat said:

Adding Beasts has me excited even if just for fun variety.

What are folks planning on adding from them?

I'm leaning towards a Chimera, because it has a lot of attack profiles (each of which I can pump up with the Bloodsecrator), it gets +2 to charge rolls so you can be sure you get at someone to bust out monstrous rampages, and it's got a shooting profile that's just Hey you get these mortal wounds.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, LordDave said:

I’ve got the spear one, the MW output is nice when it works, but not reliable.  Being able to stand behind someone and fight was handy, but not sure if new coherency rules will scupper that…

Thanks. I'm thinking the spear as well, but wanted to check around.

1 hour ago, Charleston said:

You sound quite upset about this theorycraft which makes me wonder why? It may sound like an obnoxious combination but we have experienced even worse during a long duration of AoS 2.

While Wrathmongers are a very potent force multiplier to the few shooting attacks we have, they die quite fast against ranged attacks. Also Soulgrinders are not the most reliable shooters with a 4+ to hit. While I agree on Skullcannons beeing really doped up by this I don't expect people to play more than a unit of 3 of them as they have a huge footprint and can be easy tied down. Also concider that in casual games people have a feeling for what is obnoxious and for competetive noone should bat an eye.

Oh, you totally misunderstand me. I would ABSOLUTELY run that. I enjoy list-crafting. And something that goes nuts with Blood Tithe points would be fun. I’d LIKE to run this. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, TimeToWaste85 said:

Oh, you totally misunderstand me. I would ABSOLUTELY run that. I enjoy list-crafting. And something that goes nuts with Blood Tithe points would be fun. I’d LIKE to run this. 

Also, I make mention of using war bands: since things like Thedra and the Godsworn Hunt must be taken together, same as Wurmspat, are they a single drop? Or two drops for allies? I can’t find the rule anywhere, but on WarCom they talk about the beastgrave band being two separate things but AN ally to a chaos army. So sounds like each underworld band is a single item? I see Godsworn and Wurmspat in my Khorne army’s future and assume its 2 drops not 4, but it’ll give up 4 Blood Tithe points if they all die. Along with the 3 more from Garrek and Magore/Riptooth. 7 cheap and easy BTs, along with that shooting castle in the back that can hit like a freight train in combat too. 

it’ll be the most bizarre Khorne army ever seen. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Thinking about throw away chaff units to intercept any Unleash ******.  Chaos Spawn come to mind, but what about Furies?  They can fly, and if any survive the shooting, they can Cower and just fly away to do it again.  Such utter ****** units but maybe they have a use now?

Well Chaos Warhounds are fast, stayed at a low 80pts, cover a lot of space, and can now be marked Khorne. Centigors are a little more expensive at 90pts, but are better in almost every respect, including lightning fast speed. Not necessarily related to Unleash Hell, but I still like Untamed Beasts for their pre-game move.

• Thanks 1

FAQed ‘Add 1 to the Attacks characteristic of melee weapons used by Khorne units that are wholly within 8" of any units with this ability. This ability has no effect on Wrathmongers.’

anyway the FAQs are up and there is some real effect change : bleeding icon only bravery bomb, hexgorger skull pop off after a natural 8 and wrath axe more logical damages. The blood boil is only for visibles targets and they shoot off the rule to chant blessings at the start of hero phase so now only one prayer/judgement per priest. and other minor changes.

Dang, I'm really gonna miss the Wrath Axe's -1 to hit for nearby units. Bleeding Icon was a nice all-rounder, I preferred the little bit of damage because the bravery thing only happened once for me (though to be fair, it made a whole Ogor Glutton run away, so it wasn't nothing). Skulls are still good. Nice that the answer value on BI and WA came down one.

Just now, Zamik said:

Dang, I'm really gonna miss the Wrath Axe's -1 to hit for nearby units. Bleeding Icon was a nice all-rounder, I preferred the little bit of damage because the bravery thing only happened once for me (though to be fair, it made a whole Ogor Glutton run away, so it wasn't nothing). Skulls are still good. Nice that the answer value on BI and WA came down one.

the hexgorgers skull will disapear at the first natural 8 of the enemi and it only happen at 8" now :( don't think they are still usefull

2 minutes ago, Perturbato said:

the hexgorgers skull will disapear at the first natural 8 of the enemi and it only happen at 8" now :( don't think they are still usefull

Ah, I'm seeing that--more range silliness in Khorne: if a wizard within 8" rolls an 8, all wizards within 12"--good to see Khorne keeps the title for greatest complexity in doing everything.

• Like 1

Well with the new FAQ not doing anything for the fact that Beasts of Chaos can't take god marks or god marked units but can be TAKEN into other armies and the fact I built my entire army thematically around brass despoilers,I have made a meme to represent my feelings. I think it's at least as much effort as GW gave the BoC FAQ.

Luckily my LGS has already okayed using gor and bestigor as bloodreavers and blood warriors so here I am!

PicsArt_07-02-09.15.08.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Perturbato said:

at least we won't have to question ourselve about taking jugements anymore 😛 we won't 

Hexgorger skulls are still solid, but yeah the other two are pretty much done. Slaughter priests are also massively less appealing with only being able to chant once, might take one in my list now but even that's not a sure thing. 

So...we have lost some damage output in the hero phase, pretty bad to know (2 judjments nerfed and no blood boil spam).
At this point I think we can try a double Chimera list to compensate, but I must brainstorm a list before confirm that is a good possibility.

I challenge anyone here that wanna find our next combos to do his worst! 😃

3 hours ago, Roark said:

Oh man... All of the best Goretide generals are just... invalid.

I'm new to blades using actual blades models. Whata wrong with goretide generals? I was contemplating using my doombull to proxy for korgus or a mighty lord (both of their commands are nice but I like Kul more)

26 minutes ago, The Red King said:

I'm new to blades using actual blades models. Whata wrong with goretide generals? I was contemplating using my doombull to proxy for korgus or a mighty lord (both of their commands are nice but I like Kul more)

Khorne bloodbound have a hole in terms of a decent beatstick general in the 200-300 point range. Most of our mortal leaders and quite slow, squishy etc so this gaps tends to be filled by slaves to darkness leaders who used to synergise really well with artefacts and command abilities that made up for the lack of command ability. The current faq prevents slaves being the genera now so they lose a lot of their usefulness now. Our remaining mortal generals are juggernaut lord, mighty lord and khorgus. They are not bad but none ever really hit the heights of a Khorne prince, manticore lord or krakadrak lord. 

Blood blessings not being at the start of the hero phase hurts quite a lot. I quite often have 2 bloodtithe at the start of my turn, so being able to bump that up to 3 was amazing. Dissappointing we can't do that now. The wrathmongers not changing is also really sad. I had my hopes up. Seeing as all good khorne lists were mostly slaves to darkness units, the 2 in 4 hurts, as well as the lack of good generals. At least my Manticore Lord got one game...